QuestBadges2024 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240204_135102452 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240204_133630239 (resized).jpg
IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2021 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,901 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 119.
#5501 89 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That attract comercial is in the code with all of the other videos. Nothing new

I can admit when I was wrong. I was wrong. Today I see that on my Spike 2 machines Stern has now added an advertisement for the December IC quests. I have not updated any machines today. This was a pushed commercial. Wow

#5502 89 days ago

I can admit when I was wrong. I was wrong. Today I see that on my Spike 2 machines Stern has now added an advertisement for the December IC quests. I have not updated any machines today. This was a pushed commercial. Wow

Or it was in the code on a timer.

#5503 89 days ago

Sounds cool to me. That is not an add imo. Not trying to sell me something. Telling me about an event where I can interact with the platform to get some badges.

#5504 88 days ago

Will people be excited when the teaser for Jaws appears on the machines? What would be really impressive is if it shows up on the pins before dropping online.

#5505 88 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:wonder why Foo Fighters is not included in the Sci-Fi Oh My quest. The whole thing with the alien overlord backstory seems pretty sci-Fi to me

That's because alien overlords are real

#5506 88 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Will people be excited when the teaser for Jaws appears on the machines? What would be really impressive is if it shows up on the pins before dropping online.

We can see there was stuff in their release with a timed window in mind, perhaps it's difficult but I'm surprised that no one datamined that update.

#5507 88 days ago

Just saw the same IC December quests on my recent Godzilla 1.07 update. It was not there a few days ago. So I wonder what else is lurking inside on a timer? I think this is kinda cool. Looking forward to tomorrow December 1. Thanks Stern!!!

#5508 88 days ago

Has anyone seen the quests that turned off ads? I turned ads off on all my games. Curious to see if I get the quests, I'll play later. Might be a sneaky way to get you to keep ads on.

#5509 88 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I wonder why Foo Fighters is not included in the Sci-Fi Oh My quest. The whole thing with the alien overlord backstory seems pretty sci-Fi to me

This was not included because there will be a top leaderboard in Dec for Foo.

#5510 88 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Sounds cool to me. That is not an add imo. Not trying to sell me something. Telling me about an event where I can interact with the platform to get some badges.

I agree with you and I wasn't complaining. I was just surprised that this popped up on a game that had not received any kind of an update. Obviously this was downloaded onto my games in the background without my knowledge

#5511 88 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Just saw the same IC December quests on my recent Godzilla 1.07 update. It was not there a few days ago. So I wonder what else is lurking inside on a timer? I think this is kinda cool. Looking forward to tomorrow December 1. Thanks Stern!!!

I don't believe that it was downloaded in the recent code updates. I don't believe that this was already there and waiting to surface on a timer. Recently I looked at some of the games most recent codes with pb browser. I didn't see these IC quests in any of the image files.

#5512 88 days ago

Is it just possible that these messages will just come in on a daily basis over the wifi? The adjustment in the service menu is "Message of the Day", after all...

#5513 88 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Is it just possible that these messages will just come in on a daily basis over the wifi? The adjustment in the service menu is "Message of the Day", after all...

Yes. More than possible...sensible

Recently I looked at some of the games most recent codes with pb browser. I didn't see these IC quests in any of the image files.

and based on this...likely

#5514 88 days ago

The quests are all on the server side. Not on the game at all.

#5515 88 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone seen the quests that turned off ads? I turned ads off on all my games. Curious to see if I get the quests, I'll play later. Might be a sneaky way to get you to keep ads on.

I could not get the quests to appear with message of the day disabled, so it looks like if I want to see those I'll have to deal with the ads.

#5516 87 days ago

Anyone care to elaborate on timezone/s for IC please ?

I just arrived home from work before midnight 01/11/2023, now here it is 02/12/2023,
excuse my backwards date format but it's how we do it here.

So I have missed day 1 ?

This timezone stuff does my head in,

Do I work on AU time or Chicago time ?
tme (resized).JPGtme (resized).JPG

#5517 87 days ago

So we now have the quest details for the holiday and Venom quests. Do we have any info about the Bond and Godzilla ones? They should be active now.

#5518 87 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Anyone care to elaborate on timezone/s for IC please ?
I just arrived home from work before midnight 01/11/2023, now here it is 02/12/2023,
excuse my backwards date format but it's how we do it here.
So I have missed day 1 ?
This timezone stuff does my head in,
Do I work on AU time or Chicago time ?
[quoted image]

It would make sense to me that when Stern is announcing something correlating with a date and time that they are referring to Central Daylight Time (Chicago)

#5519 87 days ago

Well I defeated Ebirah and no badge but it says 12 days on the advertisement…but I got the Sci fi oh my today.

#5520 87 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Well I defeated Ebirah and no badge but it says 12 days on the advertisement…but I got the Sci fi oh my today.

Yep, same for me; I got Ebirah & Gigan, but no badge, but got Sci fi. I don't think they are active yet.

#5521 87 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yep, same for me; I got Ebirah & Gigan, but no badge, but got Sci fi. I don't think they are active yet.

Nothing on bond that I could see today either. Got the sci fi one on stranger things though.

#5522 87 days ago

Per Mr Gomez, Bond quests start on the 7th and GZ on the 20th

#5523 86 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I wonder why Foo Fighters is not included in the Sci-Fi Oh My quest. The whole thing with the alien overlord backstory seems pretty sci-Fi to me

Quoted from TroyS:

This was not included because there will be a top leaderboard in Dec for Foo.

It's apparently now "Message of the Day" official ...

20231201_225233_reduced.jpg20231201_225233_reduced.jpg
#5524 86 days ago

I got a sci-fi-0-my badge yesterday and just picked up the Frosty Badge this morning. Interesting to see how many have been earned in the first 24 hours. Wish there was more details about the remaining quests.

Quoted from Brooklyn_Pin:

Per Mr Gomez, Bond quests start on the 7th and GZ on the 20th

I'm thinking start Bond on the 7th with 7 days ending the 13th, and then 12 days of GZ starting the 14th running thru the 25th.

#5525 86 days ago

How’d you get the frosty one?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 86 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

How’d you get the frosty one?

Play 10 games signed in

#5527 86 days ago

i know its newer going to be perfect and people will cheat anyways, but everyone on the leaderboards should be at default settings. Not cool if one game is giving out extra balls like candy. I get it, tilt bob is arguably more important, but at least make the settings the same.

#5528 86 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

i know its newer going to be perfect and people will cheat anyways, but everyone on the leaderboards should be at default settings. Not cool if one game is giving out extra balls like candy. I get it, tilt bob is arguably more important, but at least make the settings the same.

Agreed. At least for location games too. If they are an official machine the settings should be the same across all with the exception of lighting and pricing preferences. Maybe some limited coil adjustment variances too.

With the technology there is you think the machine could figure out if you are playing without the glass. Maybe not outlane recovery but al least figure out if your accomplishing a lot in the game but haven’t hit the flipper buttons once.

Let the cheaters cheat I’ll carry an inferior XP level proudly and honestly. As far as I see it it’s my own accomplishments I’m striving for so only would be cheating myself. I’m grinding away at the spinners for 20,000 in Iron Maiden. It’s not about getting it it’s the journey there.

#5529 85 days ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

It's apparently now "Message of the Day" official ...

Now that there have been three different ads shown, can we put to bed the idea that all of this was in the original software update on a timer, waiting to be shown?

Stern is clearly pushing these out over the Internet...

#5530 85 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Now that there have been three different ads shown, can we put to bed the idea that all of this was in the original software update on a timer, waiting to be shown?
Stern is clearly pushing these out over the Internet...

Because it’s impossible to have three videos play on a timer in software? Ok.
No one really knows until there is technical evidence or stern discloses.

#5531 85 days ago

So yesterday we combined my birthday party with a small pinball tournament . I told people in advance to sign up to Stern IC so that we could see who collected the most achievements during the evening. And it was a bit of a mess. Some of them couldn‘t login with different error messages. So they didn‘t have their QR code. And quite a few had to have „their parents“ approve their account… why? So that obviously was total chaos and unfortunate. We had a great evening nevertheless.

#5532 85 days ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

And quite a few had to have „their parents“ approve their account… why?

The account probably has a birthdate under 13.

In the United States, you cannot collect personal data for anyone under 13 without the parent's permission because of the COPPA law. In the EU, GDPR protects personal data of children under 13-16 without parental permission.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act

https://commission.europa.eu/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/how-my-personal-data-protected/can-personal-data-about-children-be-collected_en

#5533 85 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Because it’s impossible to have three videos play on a timer in software? Ok.
No one really knows until there is technical evidence or stern discloses.

Decided to dig in and verify.
The microSD card for IC (linux ext3 format) has a directory called media_overlay. Inside I found:

ATTRACTOR_GAME_PROMO_06_QR_C_processed.mp4
Foo-Global-Leaderboard-LCD.png
Questapalooza_LCD.png

So this is new content pushed to your machine.

#5534 85 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The microSD card for IC (linux ext3 format) has a directory called media_overlay. Inside I found:
Questapalooza_LCD.png

Yes and is there a way to see whether that was downloaded as part of the November update package or was pushed silently later without user interaction?

#5535 85 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Yes and is there a way to see whether that was downloaded as part of the November update package or was pushed silently later without user interaction?

Yes. I did not use the online update to update this machine. New SD card image. So with the new code it automatically pulled this new attract mode content and saved it to the IC microSD.

#5536 85 days ago

Wonder If you can drop any PMG or MP4 in there. I know at hope I would like the advertisement to be my info and sure locations would like to run video for upcoming events. That is something to try.

Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes. I did not use the online update to update this machine. New SD card image. So with the new code it automatically pulled this new attract mode content and saved it to the IC microSD.

#5537 85 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Questapalooza_LCD.png

Quoted from jackd104:

I would think that each of those file's timestamps -- created, modified and accessed -- that are viewable under the file properties thru any Windows/Linux/Mac OS can answer that. What the image/video file dates are relative to that of the game code update itself could be an indication. Might be something to look at.

#5538 85 days ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

I would think that each of those file's timestamps -- created, modified and accessed -- that are viewable under the file properties thru any Windows/Linux/Mac OS can answer that. What the image/video file dates are relative to that of the game code update itself could be an indication. Might be something to look at.

The timestamp on the video is the same day that I installed the new code, which makes sense because everyone saw that immediately. It's the "Bring Home the Fun" video. That was the first push.
The other two images are dated 12/1, which is when everyone started seeing Questapalooza and the Foo leaderboard.

#5539 85 days ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Wonder If you can drop any PMG or MP4 in there. I know at hope I would like the advertisement to be my info and sure locations would like to run video for upcoming events. That is something to try.

I'm gonna mess with it soon

#5540 84 days ago

Can I just check something. On one of our games at Pinball Republic (Bond Premium) I have option 55 to turn off MOTD but I’m pretty sure I still saw the MOTD - we had a big tournament running so I didn’t have time to check but I wondered if anyone else had seen this?

#5541 84 days ago

The latest firmware calls api.sternpinball.io when booting regardless of setting 55. I pulled a pcap before any of the new videos started being downloaded, so not sure if the ads are coming from their cdn or their API domain. Hopefully, the former so when they get ad blocked, the rest of insider connect still works.

#5542 80 days ago

The app needs an easily discoverable and dead simple way to view recent achievements in reverse chronological order. It has to be one of the biggest use-cases: “I just played some games, got some achievements, was too busy playing to really see what they were. Now I want to look at the app to see the details.”

It should be under “activity” or adjacent to it as “achievements”.

#5543 80 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

The app needs an easily discoverable and dead simple way to view recent achievements in reverse chronological order. It has to be one of the biggest use-cases: “I just played some games, got some achievements, was too busy playing to really see what they were. Now I want to look at the app to see the details.”

It's in there under your game page overview.

Screenshot_20231208_170546_Stern IC (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231208_170546_Stern IC (resized).jpg
#5544 80 days ago
Quoted from stainmd:

It's in there under your game page overview.
[quoted image]

That’s something, thanks. I wish it was more top level in the app, included all games separated by headers of the game’s names, and included the brief text describing the achievements.

#5545 79 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Agreed. There is a ton of design adjustments that need to be made to the app. Having relevant icons along the bottom and more links across the top of the app is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of terrible design decisions.

The homepage needs a major redesign or give users the ability to customize their interface to show the items that are most relevant to the individual - i.e. I could care less about whatever 'news feed' Stern is trying to push my way. I'd love to remove that from the homepage and replace it with game/achievement related information.

#5546 79 days ago

It seems like with recent updates, the QR code in my Apple wallet is no longer working to scan on games (the one in the Ap works) and also my user was deleted from my home team (on home games) and I every time I try to add myself back in, the game just freezes and reboots.

I contacted Stern, but wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

#5547 79 days ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

It seems like with recent updates, the QR code in my Apple wallet is no longer working to scan on games (the one in the Ap works) and also my user was deleted from my home team (on home games) and I every time I try to add myself back in, the game just freezes and reboots.
I contacted Stern, but wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

I had the problem with my user being deleted on 2 of my 3 IC games. Iron Maiden let me add myself back but foo fighters froze and restarted the first 2 times I tried but worked on the 3rd attempt

#5548 79 days ago

Quick Question, The sounds when you scan a QR code for Insider Connect are very loud Also When I open the coin door there are five " dings" that you hear as well as the service menu button gongs when you press a button in the menu. Also . Does anyone know how to adjust the volume of those sounds? I have not found the setting in the volume menu for insider connected sounds .

#5549 78 days ago

my insider QRCODE has changed. is it normal ?
we don't have a definitive qrcode, can it change over time?
for which reason ?

#5550 78 days ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

my insider QRCODE has changed. is it normal ?
we don't have a definitive qrcode, can it change over time?
for which reason ?

I don’t think it should change on its own but you can regenerate one indefinitely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 23.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
12,000 (Firm)
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,901 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.