B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 124.
#5001 10 months ago

Is there a voted on list of best pins with insider connected? Which pins do you think have the most worthwhile achievements?

I have an IC kit I'm putting on Maiden pro because it unlocks a premium mode. After that I have several without IC: Deadpool, Guardians, Star Wars. I'm curious what others think.

#5002 10 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Is there a voted on list of best pins with insider connected? Which pins do you think have the most worthwhile achievements?
I have an IC kit I'm putting on Maiden pro because it unlocks a premium mode. After that I have several without IC: Deadpool, Guardians, Star Wars. I'm curious what others think.

Use the one kit to get them all set up on Home Team.

#5003 10 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Use the one kit to get them all set up on Home Team.

I have them on location.

#5004 10 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

As a location great job adding IC! As far as pins the best is TMNT as the players can bring in experienced turtles to the game.

#5005 10 months ago

I noticed some IC website weirdness last night, still going on today...

When you click/tap on a location and look at Connected Games under Overview, it's showing the large game icons not just for current games there but previous IC games that have long since been removed from that location. I'm seeing this at several SoCal locations here and a couple in Nevada that I checked. (On my phone and two other PCs.)

Anyone else?

2 weeks later
#5006 10 months ago

If I'm wanting to test the Simple TV on one Amazon TV we have and I buy the app would I have to buy it again on the tv I get to put near the games or once I buy it will I be able to install it again on the second tv free?

#5007 9 months ago

Anyone been able to add their QR code to their Apple Wallet? I keep getting "Safari cannot download this file" no matter if I use Safari or Chrome on my phone.

#5008 9 months ago

Any idea when the day “resets” and when I can play for the first time each day? What’s it based off of?

#5009 9 months ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone been able to add their QR code to their Apple Wallet? I keep getting "Safari cannot download this file" no matter if I use Safari or Chrome on my phone.

I had a friend create an account like a week ago and he had that issue with getting the QR to the Apple wallet.

I just tried to log into the app and re-send my QR to my wallet and I had the same issue. So yea, something seems broken.

#5010 9 months ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

[quoted image]

might want to take this image down, people can login as you with the QR code you posted.

#5011 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

might want to take this image down, people can login as you with the QR code you posted.

Cheers friend. Hadn't even thought of that.

#5012 9 months ago

If you go into IC and edit your profile / account info, I think you can generate a new QR for going forward. It’s not like you got it tattooed on your right arm, right?

#5013 9 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

If you go into IC and edit your profile / account info, I think you can generate a new QR for going forward. It’s not like you got it tattooed on your right arm, right?

Hahaha, great idea!

#5014 9 months ago
Quoted from Klemp:

Any idea when the day “resets” and when I can play for the first time each day? What’s it based off of?

it’s based off of your home address in your account info.

#5015 9 months ago
Quoted from Klemp:

it’s based off of your home address in your account info.

but is DST forced on for all?

#5016 9 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but is DST forced on for all?

I need to test. I’ll report back!

#5017 9 months ago

Just played a game after moving my location to another timezone. IC reports it as I’m in the different state now. So if I play after midnight my time, it should be still before midnight in the new timezone.

#5018 9 months ago

I wonder about states where the time zone border is in the middle of the state, like KY, TN, NE, etc. Or what about states where daylight saving time is not uniformly observed, such as AZ.

I mean if they go by just your state as set up in your profile, then the time may not be accurate. I wonder if they would go to the trouble of going by actual full address or something, or just figure +/- 1hr is close enough

#5019 9 months ago

It’s done by city, if I understand correctly.

#5020 9 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I wonder about states where the time zone border is in the middle of the state, like KY, TN, NE, etc. Or what about states where daylight saving time is not uniformly observed, such as AZ.
I mean if they go by just your state as set up in your profile, then the time may not be accurate. I wonder if they would go to the trouble of going by actual full address or something, or just figure +/- 1hr is close enough

or Indiana with it's odd boarders

#5021 9 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

or Indiana with it's odd boarders

I would say if your worried about the daily record don't play past 10 for your game!

#5022 9 months ago

Ok. So we downloaded Simple TV hoping it would put all three of our games on the monitor at one time. Sadly no it does not it shows the games just like our regular built in tv browser does so we have to scroll around the screen to see everything
It does that even though we selected scale to for screen in the Simple TV options.
How is everyone making all the games fit on one nice screen. Photo is what ours looks like currently which is about useless.

IMG_3634 (resized).jpegIMG_3634 (resized).jpeg
#5023 9 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ok. So we downloaded Simple TV hoping it would put all three of our games on the monitor at one time. Sadly no it does not it shows the games just like our regular built in tv browser does so we have to scroll around the screen to see everything
It does that even though we selected scale to for screen in the Simple TV options.
How is everyone making all the games fit on one nice screen. Photo is what ours looks like currently which is about useless.
[quoted image]

Found my own answer.
In Simple TV do NOT choose Scale to fit.
Even though that would seem to be exactly what you would want.

#5024 9 months ago

Is anyone else still having issues with consecutive days played streaks resetting? I see posts in this thread with people well over 100 days, but three times now mine has reset while in the 50s despite me not missing any days, which always pisses me off. I emailed stern but had no response. I have to assume there's some sort of a bug. My daily log will show me having played every day and still the streak is broken within that time frame

#5025 9 months ago

Mine broke a time or two but I am 2 weeks short now of the 120 days badge. I always get my games in before 9 eastern just to be sure as I think that is what caused it to break before. Playing too late in the day.

#5026 9 months ago

Awaiting These Anyone?
The new version is out.

20230703_180627 (resized).jpg20230703_180627 (resized).jpg20230703_180623 (resized).jpg20230703_180623 (resized).jpg
#5027 9 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

[quoted image]

Rotate tv

#5028 9 months ago

Now that I finally have Simple TV displaying correctly

Tried that first but it did not work.
The solution is to not use scale to fit option in Simple TV app. This fixes all off screen issues in both portrait and landscape.

Even if we put in the portrait code, Simple TV would still screw it up with scale to fit turned on.

Now it works great in landscape, and we could even use Portrait mode and rotate the tv, but our Insignia TV wont allow that on its own without being hooked up to a PC or Laptop. No worries though I think regular landscape looks best.

#5029 9 months ago

Looking for a good external WiFi adaptor/amplifier that works with IC. I have an old one connected to my BM66 and it seems to work fine. Will need one for my JP.... correct chip set etc....

#5030 9 months ago

So it’s been 150 days, roughly 5 months, since the last insider update on Feb 14.

I’m assuming they are saving a lot of features for the app rollout, but damn, it’s taking a lot longer than George Gomez said. I believe he originally said early 2022…

#5031 9 months ago

The not-development of the operator side of things is really disappointing. A lot of unused potential.

#5032 9 months ago

Any idea how long it takes to get approved for a Pro account? I submitted my request, was asked some questions but it’s been a few days and haven’t heard anything yet.

#5033 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looking for a good external WiFi adaptor/amplifier that works with IC. I have an old one connected to my BM66 and it seems to work fine. Will need one for my JP.... correct chip set etc....

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Bought 6, all worked fine. No drivers needed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5034 9 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
Bought 6, all worked fine. No drivers needed.[quoted image]

Thanks. I need external...with anntenna etc... Wifi is a a little ways away. This seems to work good..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEU7UZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#5035 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks. I need external...with anntenna etc... Wifi is a a little ways away. This seems to work good..

Ahh...somehow missed the external antenna comment (duh) - sorry about that.

You might be able just to use a USB extension cable to get outside of the metal backbox, that acts like a shield (although the front translight should allow the signal to pass).

#5036 9 months ago

Hows aboot a wifi signal booster/repeater/extender?

#5037 9 months ago

So, total noob question here, but can I somehow display a leaderboard on a monitor at home like my local barcade does? I currently have 4 insider connected games. It would be really cool to have a digital leaderboard. Or, does Stern restrict that for location play only? I dont want to mess with laptops or updating scores manually. Id like for the scores to update and display automatically when someone is logged in on a machine and gets a new high score. Thanks!

#5038 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I was having issues with my IC not always staying connected each time I powered up my machines and my Wi-Fi router is on the other side of the house (single floor, 2150 sq ft). So I got those above linked USB Wi-Fi adapters and that helped some, but still didn’t connect 100% of the time, so I tried a Wi-Fi extender even though some say they don’t always help as they just boost whatever signal they receive, but thankfully in my case, it solved the issue and I have yet to not have my GZ and JP connect to IC (knock on wood).

I don’t know if it will help in your case and I’m no expert, but I figured if it didn’t for me, I’d just return it and it wasn’t too expensive. Below is the one that I got:

NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender EX5000 - Coverage up to 1500 Sq.Ft. and 25 Devices, WiFi Extender AC1200

https://a.co/d/dmt9ksc

#5039 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, total noob question here, but can I somehow display a leaderboard on a monitor at home like my local barcade does? I currently have 4 insider connected games. It would be really cool to have a digital leaderboard. Or, does Stern restrict that for location play only?

Today - no . Stern limits it for Ops.

iScored and Scorebit are both options but both require user score submissions

#5040 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks! Hopefully Stern gets their heads out of their ass and makes it available for everyone. It creates brand loyalty and generates buzz and interest in their games, so it would be a wise move from a business standpoint.

#5041 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thanks! Hopefully Stern gets their heads out of their ass and makes it available for everyone. It creates brand loyalty and generates buzz and interest in their games, so it would be a wise move from a business standpoint.

From what Gomez has said the delay is due to making sure they have all the privacy and security concerns addressed. Don't know specifically what the concerns are, but it is something they are planning on releasing. Some day.

#5042 9 months ago

Is there any sort of SIC availability website? Like Xbox does with its status page.

I had weird shit logging in today although I think it’s the crap Wi-Fi dongles more than SIC - ordered more of the ones with the built in antenna they are so much better.

#5043 9 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From what Gomez has said the delay is due to making sure they have all the privacy and security concerns addressed. Don't know specifically what the concerns are, but it is something they are planning on releasing. Some day.

There are WAY more privacy and security concerns with running hi scores in a bar than st home!

#5044 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Scorbit doesn’t require user score submissions if you have a scorbitron in the game.

#5045 9 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any idea how long it takes to get approved for a Pro account? I submitted my request, was asked some questions but it’s been a few days and haven’t heard anything yet.

I never heard anything back from Stern, it was done with no notification. Log in and check to see if your account is now a Pro account.

#5046 9 months ago

Stern fixed the bug where you couldn't actually download your Insider Connected QR code to your iOS wallet (I don't know if it was always broken from day 1, but it's been broken for at least a couple weeks now). Now you can finally have it as a wallet card rather than a shortcut to an image.

#5047 9 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Stern fixed the bug where you couldn't actually download your Insider Connected QR code to your iOS wallet (I don't know if it was always broken from day 1, but it's been broken for at least a couple weeks now). Now you can finally have it as a wallet card rather than a shortcut to an image.

Super handy feature. Yes, it must have gotten broken somewhere along the way, the wallet card thing worked fine as of last fall.

#5048 9 months ago

Not necessarily. In a bar/public location you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Whereas in a home you do.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There are WAY more privacy and security concerns with running hi scores in a bar than st home!

#5049 9 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Not necessarily. In a bar/public location you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Whereas in a home you do.

Maybe but I don’t see consoles with bar mode on them! From a networking POV the opposite is true and even more so on security. Two lines of lawyer speak asking for permission will probably solve any risk on privacy. GDPR doesn’t discriminate either.

Neil

#5050 9 months ago

My Foo Fighters on latest code is logging me out of IC at the end of games now, and I have to relogin even if I hit the start button immediately at the end of the game (I have it set to 30 seconds before clearing the IC info). Just curious if this behavior is specific to FF or if it's happening on other titles as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 899.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.