Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by verndog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220919_103742 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2577 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I have a question about insider connected. I have been using it on my Stranger Things and have had several issues with it. It's mainly connection-related. It appears it will sometimes not stay connected to my WiFi network making it fail when I scan my barcode.

I can usually go to the setting menu and reset the connection, rejoin my WiFi network and it will “sometimes” work.
    It could be the proximity to my router but I'm not 100% sure as other Wi-Fi connected devices work just fine.
    So it makes me wonder about the quality of the WiFi antenna they're using.

Does anyone else have experience with this that they can share? I was trying to find the WiFi antenna and see if I could possibly upgrade it but figured I would ask the group for feedback first.

I think the feature is kind of cool when it works but right now I'm a little disappointed.

IMG_2577 (resized).jpegIMG_2577 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #2 2 years ago

I'm having this issue on my Rush LE as well. I've found the culprit in my specific case, though - maybe doesn't apply to everyone but it might apply to someone searching for this.

My modem and primary wifi router is in my office on the second floor of my house. My arcade is on the opposite side of my house in the basement. So, I have a wifi extender on my main floor pretty much in between my office and arcade. The extender uses the same SSID and password, but broadcasts on a different channel.

The signal strengths for my wifi in my arcade are around 25/100 for the main router, and about 75/100 for the extender.

Most wifi products are smart enough to connect to the channel with the highest signal strength if presented with multiple channels with the same SSID. A notable exception to this is the USB Wifi antennae inside my Rush. It seems to ONLY want to connect to my router's wifi, which has the very low signal strength, and it completely ignores the much better extender signal.

I'm using the Netgear Nighthawk wifi system - not a true "mesh" system - but if you're operating via a true mesh system, it MIGHT be the same issue for you. (I don't actually know how mesh systems work under the hood because I've never used one.) What I'll probably do to fix mine is get another Nighthawk extender, put it in the basement, and have it operate over a separate SSID that the pinball machine can connect to and get a strong signal.

#3 2 years ago

Hi, just installed the kit but having an issue with the WiFi USB Adapter: Machine displays "No USB WiFi Adapter" But its installed and sd card also.
    What I am curious about. I put the sd card into my PC but it was empty, is this normal? Thanks for any help...

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from seiman:

Hi, just installed the kit but having an issue with the WiFi USB Adapter: Machine displays "No USB WiFi Adapter" But its installed and sd card also.
    What I am curious about. I put the sd card into my PC but it was empty, is this normal? Thanks for any help...

Had what sounds like the same issue. If you get everything setup and still receive a "No WiFi adapter found" error try placing the USB Wifi adapter into the other USB port with the game turned on. This is the only thing that would work with my Turtles, powering the game off and switching ports / resetting to existing USB port did nothing.

#5 2 years ago

Ok thanks, will try this. But is was your SD also empty by reciving them? What is it for? To save additional data? Or should be the driver for the wifi adapter on this card?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from seiman:

Ok thanks, will try this. But is was your SD also empty by reciving them? What is it for? To save additional data? Or should be the driver for the wifi adapter on this card?

That I'm not sure. It's possible that content is not written to the SD card until after completing the WiFi setup.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Had what sounds like the same issue. If you get everything setup and still receive a "No WiFi adapter found" error try placing the USB Wifi adapter into the other USB port with the game turned on. This is the only thing that would work with my Turtles, powering the game off and switching ports / resetting to existing USB port did nothing.

Thanks man, its working now, had to remove and plug in the wifi adapter 3 or 4 times during machine is running.

1 month later
    #8 2 years ago

I have a Jp disconnecting and not rejoining the wifi, reseting the pass fixes it.

Any ideas?

Have really good wifi mesh system in the house and prior to this my DP worked perfectly.

2 months later
    #9 1 year ago

Anyone find out what’s going on with this issue of games intermittently cutting out from Wi-Fi? Rebooting the game usually solves it, sometimes I have to rejoin the router entirely.

Some days I can leave the game idle for hours and it stays connected. Others it’ll cut out after 40 minutes or so. Wondering if my other Wi-Fi devices (Roku stick, phones etc) interfere with the cheap wifi dongle Stern uses

2 months later
    #10 1 year ago

I'm having the same issue presently with a 3+ week old Jurassic Park Pro. Worked flawlessly the first 3 weeks exactly then Saturday morning I turned it on and it wasn't connected. Once connected it will stay connected until the next power cycle. Then I have to go through the menu and try to get it to connect which sometimes takes 30 minutes or even longer. It's literally 15 feet from my router. I also have tried my other wifi Hotspots and they have just as good (or bad) luck connecting. Updated yesterday to 1.07 hoping that would do the trick but no such luck. I've searched for loose wires and such but nothing looks out of place. Anyone have any suggestions, reached out to my dealer since it's under warranty but would like to know why it's not staying connected and where to look for answers. Sometimes it says Unable to join, other times it just cycles and cycles but never connects.

20220919_103742 (resized).jpg20220919_103742 (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #11 1 year ago

Anyone have a fix for this yet? My Bond will constantly drop connection or not connect at all. Frustrating

1 week later
    #12 1 year ago

I have three Stern machines connected to insider. Two of them have connected online for nearly a year with no problems. Today all of them had issues connecting, and as of yet I cannot get Rush Premium to connect. It's been rebooted several times with no luck. I've also used a QR code from the other machines to setup the wifi.

1 month later
    #13 1 year ago

My GOTG probeith factory insider will not connect to insider for anything!!!

2 weeks later
    #14 11 months ago

Get a new Micro SD card - You can use a class 10 micro SD card. We use a 16 and 32GB micro SD cards, but 8,16,32,64, and 128GB are all supported.

I recently went through this problem with my GZ Premium. Would connect to the wi-fi network nut wouldn't communicate with the internet. I would get the unable to join message.
    Worked with Stern, they sent a new board and SD card with GZ loaded on it, told me to use the existing micro sd card. I got the same results with they new board etc..
    I figured the only constant with the 2 boards and game data was the micro sd.
    Put the old board and SD card in with new micro sd card and BAM was able to connect and all data was saved.

#15 11 months ago

Hi, Just got a bond and upon startup, I had no issues connecting and adding to my account. (First time doing this)

Had the popular SD card issue with Bond so I reflashed it. Since then the game works great but won't connect to IC at all. I used to have full connectivity bars and now I don't. Where is the Micro SD card? Can I reflash that and with what? Is there a compatible wifi dongle that is stronger available for purchase?

Thank you!

1 month later
    #16 10 months ago

Was having the "Offline" reported issue on my new game. Read above comments. Turned off / on a few times. But, then unplugged my nearby router extension (part of mesh network). Let it come back up (like 5-10 minutes process). And retried the Pinball, and it now connects, is online. Something to try in similar situation.

9 months later
    #17 14 days ago
    Quoted from Blackwolf:

I'm having this issue on my Rush LE as well. I've found the culprit in my specific case, though - maybe doesn't apply to everyone but it might apply to someone searching for this.
    My modem and primary wifi router is in my office on the second floor of my house. My arcade is on the opposite side of my house in the basement. So, I have a wifi extender on my main floor pretty much in between my office and arcade. The extender uses the same SSID and password, but broadcasts on a different channel.
    The signal strengths for my wifi in my arcade are around 25/100 for the main router, and about 75/100 for the extender.
    Most wifi products are smart enough to connect to the channel with the highest signal strength if presented with multiple channels with the same SSID. A notable exception to this is the USB Wifi antennae inside my Rush. It seems to ONLY want to connect to my router's wifi, which has the very low signal strength, and it completely ignores the much better extender signal.
    I'm using the Netgear Nighthawk wifi system - not a true "mesh" system - but if you're operating via a true mesh system, it MIGHT be the same issue for you. (I don't actually know how mesh systems work under the hood because I've never used one.) What I'll probably do to fix mine is get another Nighthawk extender, put it in the basement, and have it operate over a separate SSID that the pinball machine can connect to and get a strong signal.

This sounds pretty close to my situation. Did you end up fixing your situation? Any advice?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-wifi-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.