(Topic ID: 14669)

Stern INDIANA JONES PINBALL........ is it worth 500 bucks??

By ENDOFLINE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

looks like there is a decent looking stern indie on ebay.....

ebay.com link: Stern Indiana Jones Pinball machine real nice 2318 cs

i was cracking up when i read a buyer's question that was posted on the auction page...

Q: I can bring u $500 for it today if u want to end the auction ?

A: WE SALE ALL ITEMS THROUGH AUCTION NO EARLY SALES

what do you guys think the auction will end at?? is stern indiana jones really that bad??

#2 12 years ago

Buddy called me telling me about that, but I am looking for the williams. I am guessing it will hit 3k because of the theme and how new, but it is called a dud by most. Never played it though so I honestly don't know. I just don't like the last movie and would rather have the wms.

#3 12 years ago

I guess it was worth a shot asking $500. I love the answer in all caps too

#4 12 years ago

Just recently played this at the resort I stayed at in Disney. Didn't like it as much as my IJ(W), but I was able to get into it. My 7 year old really loved the 8 ball multiball. I would let him take over for that part. I would personally pay up to $2800 for one but I would imagine this auction will go north of $3k by the end.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i was cracking up when i read a buyer's question that was posted on the auction page...
what do you guys think the auction will end at?? is Stern Indiana Jones really that bad??

Relatively speaking, the game sucks. I played it a decent amount at the local theater when it came out new (out of desparation to play some pinball). Not sure whatever happened to the software. I assume it was never completed. When I played it, the alien ramp pretty much did nothing as I recall. I also wasn't a fan of the movie (although I loved the first 3; especially 1 and 3). The bid is already over $1200. I'll guess it will go for $2500 to $2800. However, World Cup Soccer (and a host of other games) would seem to be much better games for less money.

#6 12 years ago

it looks pretty nice from the pics..... just too bad the seller didn't take pics of the cabinet (sideart, back box, etc).

im guessing he's gonna get some "mo pics" requests

Quoted from Fliptastic:

Just recently played this at the resort I stayed at in Disney. Didn't like it as much as my IJ(W), but I was able to get into it. My 7 year old really loved the 8 ball multiball. I would let him take over for that part. I would personally pay up to $2800 for one but I would imagine this auction will go north of $3k by the end.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

I love the answer in all caps too

I also love that it is grammatically incorrect. Shouter

#8 12 years ago

lol since you asked.... This game is so bad I would not use it for firewood. Honestly the most boring game ever, even worse than RS.

#9 12 years ago

I did not like it. Pass.

#10 12 years ago

It's HORRIBLE. But for 500...sure I;d pay. Anything near the 1300 it's at now, not a chance. 1000? Nope.

#11 12 years ago

It's at $1300. It's not a Williams, but give it some credit, ark multiball is nice.

#12 12 years ago

i played stern indy 1 time at pin a go go last year. i dont get all the hate for the title. granted,i only played 1 game but i thought it was ok.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Relatively speaking, the game sucks. I played it a decent amount at the local theater when it came out new (out of desparation to play some pinball). Not sure whatever happened to the software. I assume it was never completed. When I played it, the alien ramp pretty much did nothing as I recall.

I don't understand IJ4 -- with everything about it, I should agree with what you say, but it keeps drawing me back to it. I would never buy one, but at a route location in town, there were three pins -- a Family Guy, a Spider-Man and an IJ4. I kept playing IJ4 over the other two.

I personally cannot stand the Williams one (I wish I did, I LOVE the theme), and between the two, I'd go with IJ4 all day every day.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I kept playing IJ4 over the other two.
I personally cannot stand the Williams one (I wish I did, I LOVE the theme), and between the two, I'd go with IJ4 all day every day.

I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact its the indiana jones theme on a new game. The game, is tragically unimagianative and just embaressing. THEN you add on the fact most people love IJ, and that mix increases the hate 10 fold.

Surely it did for me.

#15 12 years ago

Great Pinball? No, not even close, but I can think of worse (Ark toy/multi-ball is not bad)

Would I pay 500 bucks for one? Yes, easily

For the price it will eventually sell for, there will probably be 50-100 pins that are better.

#16 12 years ago

I really hate how this pin plays, I have walked away with some left to play. Just does nothing for me.

#17 12 years ago

I own a IJ4 and it's not that bad I know shoot me now, but my wife and everyone that comes over to play games love indy. Maybe it's more the theme, but there are some good qualities to this game!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Not sure whatever happened to the software. I assume it was never completed.

Oh it's finished alright. The game has three major flaws. First, it's a plowfest. To get to the wiz mode, you have to hit all the major shots like 30 times each. Even with easy settings, it's going to take at least 45 minutes of heavy plowing to reach the wiz mode. Boring as hell. Secondly, for big scores, it's a one shot game. Ignore everything and only go for bonus multiplier. The multiplier is unlimited. I think the highest I've gotten one is ~50X (one ball, newish game). Should've been capped at 20 or 25X. As is, there's no point in shooting for anything else. Lastly, the captive ball area, which is where you add bonus multipliers, isn't easily cleaned. So once that area gets dirty, increasing the bonus multiplier gets much harder, making the game unplayable IMO.

It's a game I love to hate. But if I found a clean one on location and there was nothing else to play, I'd play it.

#19 12 years ago

for 500 i am all over that machine.

I really didn't care for it all that much. I really like the ark multiball and the delivery system is awesome the rest was just depressing in comparison to williams pinball adventure.

Probably around 2500 in good playing order.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

even worse than RS.

I hope you mean Rolling Stones and not Roadshow.
These abbreviations are handy but wars have begun over smaller misunderstandings.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

RGR said:even worse than RS.
I hope you mean Rolling Stones and not roadshow.
These abbreviations are handy but wars have begun over smaller misunderstandings.

Yeah I should have said TRS. RS is a great game thats for sure

#22 12 years ago

it seems like this is the ONLY thing that everyone agrees on....

the ARK MULTIBALL feature kicks ass. other than that this game is one big EPIC FAIL (i hate to use this saying, but it fits )

so sad too since i am a huge indie fan as most male 30 somethings are.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's at $1300. It's not a Williams, but give it some credit, ark multiball is nice.

#24 12 years ago

Funny enough, its one of my wires favs, I like it too, but not a fav

#25 12 years ago

I own an IJ4 and really like it.

It sure does get a lot of hate from the group, though.

Pete

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

what do you guys think the auction will end at?? is Stern Indiana Jones really that bad??

It's just kind of mediocre.

Put it this way, if I had to choose between the pinball and watching that HORRIBLE AWFUL STUPID GARBAGE HELLSPAWN CRAPFEST DIE-LUCAS-DIE TURD-COVERED EXCRUCIATING WRETCHED SLEEPWALK of a movie, I would choose the pinball game.

#27 12 years ago

The ark mutliball is sweet. pmWolf, your gameroom is awesome. Nice pics.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Put it this way, if I had to choose between the pinball and watching that HORRIBLE AWFUL STUPID GARBAGE HELLSPAWN CRAPFEST DIE-LUCAS-DIE TURD-COVERED EXCRUCIATING WRETCHED SLEEPWALK of a movie, I would choose the pinball game.

How do you really feel?

#28 12 years ago

I played it a PaGG when it first came out; probably what 3 years ago.

I didn't think it was very fun, and there are too many pinballs dumped out for the Arc multiball.

Didn't play it too long though.

It might be one of those games that need to be majorly tweaked in the adjustments to be more fun...or played more to figure out the rules, etc.

My 15 minutes wasn't enough to give anything more than my initial impression. In any case, most pinballs can be fun, by playing it a while and setting it properly to make it fun.

Robert

#29 12 years ago

It's not so bad. The shot layout would be better if the rules and software made better use of it. As is the orbits get forgotten and everything else is in the pattern of 'hit this a bunch of times and something will happen, then hit it a bunch more'. I kinda like the gameplay but I can see why it's just 16th among Sterns in the rankings atm.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

goatdan said:

I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact its the Indiana Jones theme on a new game. The game, is tragically unimagianative and just embaressing. THEN you add on the fact most people love IJ, and that mix increases the hate 10 fold.
Surely it did for me.

YUUUP! It's worth $500 to buy and flip. I wouldn't want to keep it.

#31 12 years ago

hehehe..... i like your honesty~!

one of the funniest parts in IJ4 is that scene with shia swinging through the trees like trazan. wow, just wow!

Quoted from jonnyo:

ENDOFLINE said:looks like there is a decent looking stern indie on ebay.....

It's just kind of mediocre.

#32 12 years ago

wow... its already up to $3450.... how high will it go???

#33 12 years ago

You have to be kidding me. Seriously?

#34 12 years ago

THEY DIDN'T MAKE MANY.

Also, just because there are a lot of very vocal IJ haters, does not mean that EVERYONE hates the game. The theme is awesome, and there are MANY IJ fans.

Lots of IJ fans + Not many pins = Supply and demand at its finest, folks.

When I throw a party, my IJ4 gets played TONS more than a lot of the games that the collectors swoon over. People pass by Twilight Zone, Cactus Canyon, Shadow, LoTR, ToM, etc etc...and go for the IJ4. Then, they all say: "I thought this game was supposed to stink? What's with all the hate?"

I'm not saying the game is awesome. It certainly has its flaws, and I can understand why some don't like it.

I just think that the haters are a bit over-the-top, and unrealistic on their expectations of how everyone else in the world should feel about the game. When you tell them you like the game, they stare at you as if you just told them that you like to eat live weasels.

Pete
---
Half of my Arcade: http://i.imgur.com/cyCng.jpg

#35 12 years ago

Echo Pete here. Game is not that bad not matter what John says lol. No but really IJ commands a premium and still goes for 3500-4000 without any issue at all.

#36 12 years ago

Let's face it, that eBay auction stinks, too.

Very crappy pics: (how does the cab look? I can't tell anything by the blurry PF pic, either).

Very bad description: (HUO? Routed? What works, and what doesn't? How are the Rubbers? Flippers? Display? Cabinet wear? Thanks for letting me know that it is set for 75cent - 3 ball play. Very unhelpful...)

Imagine if the seller knew what he was doing....

Pete

#37 12 years ago

I would think it was in the dorms

#38 12 years ago

It's a good newbie game and does well on location. People pull friends over to try and show them the multiball start. It sort of works like the hand in TAF that way.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Lots of IJ fans + Not many pins = Supply and demand at its finest, folks.

You forgot one thing too -- the game earns really well too. Even more demand and less supply...

#40 12 years ago

Just sold a MINT HUO with cliffies and mag. mylar for 3900. IT WAS MINT. I listed for 4k and when I told the second in line that the first guy was coming to see it they offered me 4500. SUCKS that I guess I sold it cheap but I really don't think its a good pin. It will get old very fast in a small line-up. The inserts just above the flippers really stink as well. Two rows of inserts line up with the shot they are for while the other two rows of inserts are not lined up with the shots...the other two are lined up with the opposite shot.

Its going to suck to see this pin hit 5k or atleast close to that.

#41 12 years ago

Just checked the auction progress. It is at $4700 now!

#42 12 years ago

At $4700, it is starting to compete with some really great pins! So many better ways to spend that much money.

#43 12 years ago

I cannot understand it commanding this price.

I have put alot of games on it and it doesn't suck. It sucks by comparison to pinball adventure.
I think rules rewrite would help alot. I like the ark multiball. And the capture ball that raises and lowers to reveal a scoop. For me that is where it ends. I would play this on location all the time but never own it for keeps.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

At $4700, it is starting to compete with some really great pins! So many better ways to spend that much money.

LOL -- This is starting to serve as notice to me that pin prices have gotten out of control. I would never spend this much on a used copy of this mediocre game.

#45 12 years ago

Seriously, this just shows just really out of whack pin prices are on Ebay!

A little over a year ago I could of bought one for $2850 out in the southwest. Recently, a fella had one for sale I inquired about, and he would let it go for 3.1k - both of these were mint...

Now that's telling me a couple of scenarios... a) the bidder s**o is overseas where this title is less common b) some rabid Indiana Jones fan. c) a guy w/ stupid amounts of money...

Honestly, if you're familiar w/ pins and their respective prices, there is now way this pin should be this high of a price, period......

#46 12 years ago

lot of love for a mediocre game. Does n't hold up against the williams version at all.

#47 12 years ago

now its at 4,750. i bet it hits 5,000 before the end of the auction.

#48 12 years ago

It's a really good game. It gets slated for not being as good as the Williams but I still thoroughly enjoy it as its a tough game to beat - lots of shot required to get modes. I think it deserves a spot in the Top 100, probably around the 50-60 mark IMHO.

Goes for a lot of $$$$ though so id never own it.

#49 12 years ago

You have to be kidding me. 4750?? Then my Iron man should be worth 6k. Light years ahead of this game and same time period.

Sure, i will get others here telling me the game is good, and i am not negating that at all - i am just pointing out the fact that a game that was launched for 4k or so a few years back WITH bad reviews selling for 4700+ and counting is insane.

#50 12 years ago

Maybe it just shows that the game is regarded better than the vocal opposition would like to believe?

The game has a great theme, a spectacular 'wow' toy that is accessible to newbies, and is pretty rare. Also, it smartly focuses on the three GOOD movies, and virtually ignores Crystal Skull.

Any player who only cares about getting the highest score will HATE this game. (Because of how you have to play it when score is your only focus). That segment of the pin-playing population is kind of small...but they are very vocal, and more likely to trash the game in a review. So, the early reviews seemed horrible, even though I believe they were skewed, and largely ignored the feelings of the masses.

Pete

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-indiana-jones-pinball-is-it-worth-500-bucks?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.