Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2576C3C-5F67-4361-8783-97374FC3B105 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Distros themselves are flipping LEs. Stern could address that portion of it I think.

Stern requires that the distros pay in full and up front for the LEs. They don't care if they then get marked up due to high demand. Indeed I would expect it might even been encouraged as it helps the distros to make a few extra bucks. Gary likes the to spread the love a bit and wants operators and distributors to stay around. He knows the "lean times" for pinball can come back and it's okay to put some fat on your bones in the mean time.

Ultimately in a market with high demand and limited supply there will always be participants who don't get what they want and there will always be flippers.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Yep!
    FOMO marketing at its best.
    It is sorta funny watching people fall for it over and over. Not just pinball either … everything is marketed this way these days.
    Jump off the FOMO TRAIN people!
    Your life will be become vastly better, I promise you.
    rd

I saw it's called JOMO.

JOY OF MISSING OUT!!!

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

I thought about Stern enforcing the MSRP (not sure if that is legal) and if you buy an LE you have to hold it for atleast a year to buy a new one / next one. Somehow prove you still own it. Not sure if any of that is actually feasible, was just trying to think of ways to prevent people flipping.

The single best way to prevent flipping is to adjust pricing till it's perfect. The spot where it's so high you simply can't flip it, but it's not so high that nobody buys it.

Unfortunately this is an incredibly hard thing to adjust right. I literally think Stern could sell the LE's for $18k and they would still get listed for $20k.

Any silly shit like enforcing terms of ownership is gonna get laughed out of court and never be a real tactic you can use.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed and the art on the LE cab is better than the Prem and pro hands down... (Mechagodzilla)
    [quoted image]

The foil looks awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/600176774680200/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-how-to-get-le-s-to-your-fans-that-want-one-and-limit-flipping?tu=flippyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.