Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2576C3C-5F67-4361-8783-97374FC3B105 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If I’m stern, I’m changing absolutely nothing and seeing how ridiculous this hobby can get. I love when people try to “figure it out” for stern. There is nothing to fix - stern is literally printing money at this point and unless people stop buying at these prices, it will continue to get worse. I don’t blame them - just like I don’t blame them for selling overpriced toppers b/c idiots keep on buying them.

Well, I'd argue that when people spend an extra $3k on a "flipped" game that they missed out on through direct channels, that's theoretically $3k less they have to spend on Stern product. So looking forward past the initial sale, it actually can affect Stern. I make this same exact same argument about toppers. When they don't make enough, it's not Stern that profits.

------
    My suggested fix for "flipper" buyers, would just be to require them to sign a contract before they buy an LE. The contract would stipulate that the buyer must provide verification of actually having opened and setup the game. Give them 60 days, or something like that, to send in a photo. If they don't they'll be billed an extra $2k dollars. Would immediately put a stop to NIB flippers.

You could take it a step further and require them to hold onto the game for at least 6 months. Might seem intense, but Batman SLE buyers proved that plenty of collectors will go to extremes to get their highly-sought-after LE games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-how-to-get-le-s-to-your-fans-that-want-one-and-limit-flipping?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.