(Topic ID: 23621)

Stern Hot Wheels?

By robin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern Hot Wheel, Yes or No?”

• Yes! 67 votes
      48%
    • No! 73 votes
      52%

(140 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stompers.jpg
    kisshot.jpg
    hotwheel.jpg
    stern_twitter.jpg
    original_16.jpg
    100_1275.JPG
    Screen_Shot_2012-08-29_at_8.48.22_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago

No more little kid themes. Adult themes please. I'd like a R rated pin frankly (where you could adjust the language setting like FGY). I guess a fast and furious theme could be okay (don't know if I'd buy it) but that would seem better for their LCD system. Perhaps that is what stern means by hot wheel, fast and furious.

#45 11 years ago

The homenuse market is an over whelming adult male in their peak earningnyears market. While many have families and want these kid themes like WOZ, Shrek, or whatever many of us would like more adult themes like BBB. There are tons of family friendly games out already...be risky and go with an R rated pin. Just one. See how it goes.

Giant thumbs down to hot wheels.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I disagree here. I think kids are making a nice comeback into pinball playing thanks to us adults with our home collections. We also help spread the word by taking the kids to shows and tourneys. Our kids show/invite their friends and so on.
    The themes Stern picks helps a lot. TF, IM, X-Men, S-M, BDK, Tron all appeal to kids. Even AC/DC is popular among the kids.
    I think adult themes are 100% NOT the way to go. While I like horror, violence, zombies, guns, blowing stuff up, beautiful women etc., I appreciate that is not good for the future of our hobby and the next wave of younger pinball players.
    The theme does not need to be toddler/preschool based, but if aimed at pre-teens and young teens, that is the ticket. There is a good chance the pinball-collector parents will like it as well and since they are the ones buying it, it is win-win.
    I think Hot Wheels would be a great theme for Stern.

Kids like things that are edgy. Teenage kids do anyway. 8 year olds are unlikely to care much what they are playing. I could never get my 14 year old son excited about playing Hot Wheels. He would think it was absurd and for little kids. BBB on the other hand he would think was awesome, theme wise.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hot-wheels?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.