You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C1439F0-ECA2-44A9-AA96-99428CD6F378 (resized).jpeg
HotHand_Playfield_DropTargets.gif
Bank targets (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I just bought a Hot Hand pinball and it was chopped up. I got everything back together but the coil for the five bank drop targets was gone. I bought another one (24-1600) but there are no wires where it goes. I DO have two wires, one is yellow coming as a jumper from one of the pop bumpers that has been cut and another red and black that goes to nowhere. I really need a photo of that coil and the wires that attach and where they go FROM the coil or any advice. Thanks
Oh...someone cut all the diodes off except for the flipper coils. Any idea why they would do that? I reattached all of them but have not booted the game since it is not yet 100% ready to do that.

Bank targets (resized).jpgBank targets (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The yellow wire (solenoid 43V power) from the pop bumper coil connects to all playfield coils on the lug with the banded side of the diode.
The schematics list the control wire for the drop target reset coil is Orange-Black. Check if that loose Red-Black wire is really orange-black. It comes from the solenoid driver board at connector J5 pin 12

HotHand_Playfield_DropTargets.gifHotHand_Playfield_DropTargets.gif

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballshack:

Oh...someone cut all the diodes off except for the flipper coils. Any idea why they would do that?

If they knew what they were doing and were diagnosing something, they were testing them.

More likely they didn't know what they were doing.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you for the information. Curious though...why would the drop targets have only ONE yellow wire. Is that the "end" point? Then it would make sense since the others would have "stringers" on them. Actually an electrician as a trade and we do stringers all the time feeding other circuits.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballshack:

why would the drop targets have only ONE yellow wire. Is that the "end" point?

Sorry, my Hot Hand's in storage so I can't check which coil has the end point for the daisy chained yellow wire. But you'll know soon enough if other coils aren't working.

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

Attached a photo for wiring the drop targets. Yellow is daisy chained from the middle pop bumper and terminates at the drop target coil. Orange-black is coming from the wiring harness on the right. Hope this helps.

8C1439F0-ECA2-44A9-AA96-99428CD6F378 (resized).jpeg8C1439F0-ECA2-44A9-AA96-99428CD6F378 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.