9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justininia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Good day.

I am finishing the restoration of a Stern Hot Hand pinball machine and have run into a weird problem. On power on, the Extra Ball out coil is repeatedly firing at about 8 fires per 10 seconds. If the credit button is hit, it drops to 5 fires per 10 seconds. I tested a different driver board with no difference. The wiring looks correct and the coil is testing as working.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what to test to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Justin

#4 9 years ago

I did check the switch and it makes no difference opened or closed. I am wondering if maybe power on ground could cause the issue but that wouldn't trigger a fire. I suppose it is also possible the switch is bad but it shouldn't fire when the game isn't being player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 10.00
$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justininia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hot-hand-firing-coil-on-power?tu=justininia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.