(Topic ID: 30164)

STERN home PIN not for sale?

By jpop

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

On Amazon says this?? I thought it was for sale on the 9th? Now is not available?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AVLBS0/ref=amb_link_365659382_3

#2 11 years ago

Maybe they sold out, LOL.

#3 11 years ago

Maybe it was a complete bomb and they cut their losses?

#4 11 years ago

I bought them all

#5 11 years ago

i was wondering myself

#6 11 years ago

I would honestly be surprised if they sold more than a handful of these, if that.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I would honestly be surprised if they sold more than a handful of these, if that.

It might be a rarity & now worth that ridicules price tag…

#8 11 years ago

Amazon changed their minds and decided that they wanted to SELL inventory...

#9 11 years ago

Can the Stern marketing dept. suck any more than already do?Probably not.The bar just keeps getting lower and lower........

#10 11 years ago

if it was sold out then Amazon would say? maybe they were estimating pre-orders? Which is not really how Amazon works?

#11 11 years ago

Amazon is very strict about product availability. My firm does a bunch of work for companies who sell on Amazon and if things aren't lining up, they tend to pull products. This listing could be down for a number of reasons.

#12 11 years ago

Does anyone ever see any of these games anywhere? I read somewhere that of the BDK Lite only 48 were made for display purposes it seemed.

#13 11 years ago

This seems like such a terrible idea, hopefully stern and amazon canned this before it ever went into production.

-Wes

#14 11 years ago

I think that is why most of us were upset about the whole idea of this thing, that they put their resources into creating something that all of us knew no market existed for (at that price point).

#15 11 years ago

I wanna play one. Sorry, that was useless and did not answer your question.

#16 11 years ago

Anyone viewing the page and then viewing the other people also viewed.. would immediatley look at the other transformers pro for $4999 and see this is not value for money.

#17 11 years ago

Maybe retheme for Avengers art?
    Maybe going under a non-Stern name to save face?
    Zizzle protecting their market share bought them all up?

#18 11 years ago

Huh, the Alspark looks like it's set on a jig just like the genies bottle on TOTAN. Interesting....

#19 11 years ago

SOLD OUT!!!

THIS WILL BE A $10,000.00 GAME BY CHRISTMAS!

"WTT: Transformers Home Edition for your TronLE"

#20 11 years ago

Great price, wish I was closer.

#21 11 years ago

I agree with (gearheaddropping), my guess is that Stern wasn't ready to inventory, or couldn't work out a deal on logistics (for shipping), or they flat out changed their minds when nobody pre-ordered.

If it truly sold out, it would say unvailable, not "sign up when this item becomes available".

#22 11 years ago

I toured the factory about 4 days after this was announced. A sales VP very enthusiastically explained to me all of the talking points for this machine and why it was a great idea. They were not on the factory floor. I couldn't be sure from the conversation that Stern was going to actually make them in Chicago.

I assume this machine is primarily aimed at people who catalog shop saying "Now that's cute" and proceed to order three thousand dollar items.

It makes sense to me that no one in a pinball collector community would be interested. I'm certainly not.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe they sold out, LOL.

Yep. The one they used for the picture.

#24 11 years ago

man that is a ugly machine for 3000 buck would never buy one

3 weeks later
    #25 11 years ago

anyone buy one?? seems not?? Jpop

#26 11 years ago

I heard Gary bought one for his apartment. His 2 bedroom apartment is too small for a full sized pinball machine.

#27 11 years ago

Why would somebody buy this when I just bought a pro in decent shape for $3300???

#28 11 years ago

Amazon now lists it as only 9 left in stock and more on the way...perhaps they are selling a few?

#29 11 years ago

I know it seemed like a stupid idea to most of us, but you have to give Stern credit for trying.

Gary does have a point, we have to get the younger generation intrested in pinball or pinball is going to die after our generation.

#30 11 years ago

I have to concede $3k for a NIB anything seems like a good deal in light of the sky rocketing prices of everything else.

It's only a matter of time before lower valued games get their prices pushed up as well as people who don't want to shell out $7-8k start looking for games in the $3-$5k range.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Gary does have a point, we have to get the younger generation intrested in pinball or pinball is going to die after our generation.

I don't see how 'the pin' will attract any younger generation that a normal pinball machine won't. No innovation or new gimmicks. Just a stripped down 'true' machine made with cheaper materials.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I have to concede $3k for a NIB anything seems like a good deal in light of the sky rocketing prices of everything else.
    It's only a matter of time before lower valued games get their prices pushed up as well as people who don't want to shell out $7-8k start looking for games in the $3-$5k range.

Its already happening! Look at the 2013 price guide or WCS94 sales or even the Popeye I purchased for 1600 the trend is up. Its hard to find quality pin machines under 2k anymore and thats the truth.

#33 11 years ago

the games on ps3 and 360 attract plenty of younger players. Its just a matter of if they want to seek out the real deal after playing the digital versions.

#34 11 years ago

I've Played it.. Its not bad at all! As I've said its geared for finding new pinball players not the collector world.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Amazon now lists it as only 9 left in stock and more on the way...perhaps they are selling a few?

Maybe they started with an inventory of 10?

#36 11 years ago

anyone notice the spinning cube is the SAME one in Avengers? Who said it wasn't using parts from real pin

#37 11 years ago

I can't wait to pick one of these up cheap in a few years. It looks like a really fun game.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I've Played it.. Its not bad at all! As I've said its geared for finding new pinball players not the collector world.

But is it 3k good? Would you steer a customer that couldn't afford a NIB reg pin to one of these?

#39 11 years ago

Stern groups us into the COLLECTOR area to much. Most of us are players. Sure we purchase pins and therefore collect them, but most of us are not COLLECTORS in the sense we buy and put in a bubble to look at.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Stern groups us into the COLLECTOR area to much. Most of us are players.

I'd agree with that. If pinball were more plentiful in the wild, like, arcades existed like the used to, I think most of us wouldn't be making our own arcades at home.

#41 11 years ago

Funny there is no media or anything on this game? How do they expect to sell them? Is the cabinet made of metal? Jpop

#42 11 years ago

Is this not an MSRP price? so 3000 is more like 2200, not that I would pay that. But I would consider one at 500 or 600 on the used market if the game play is good.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Is this not an MSRP price?

The list price is clearly 4K on amazons site and the buy button has the 3k price price.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The list price is clearly 4K on amazons site and the buy button has the 3k price price.

Yeah, the 4K price on Amazon's site is completely arbitrary. It doesn't mean anything. It could have been 5K or 3.5K. This was designed from day one to be a 3K machine. Right or wrong, that's the price Stern thought this would sell for.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Yeah, the 4K price on Amazon's site is completely arbitrary.

Yup. The old add a grand to take a grand off.

#46 11 years ago

Hurry, only 9 left in stock! It does qualify for free shipping.

#47 11 years ago

already 2 reviews, one positive one negative

#48 11 years ago

The positive review looks REALLY fake. Kinda like the Android App reviews spoofed by the publishers of the apps.

One interesting thing is Stern can't delete unfavorable comments from Amazon.

#49 11 years ago

The negative review is from someone that has not played it.
    Both reviews are really bad.

#50 11 years ago

Both of those reviews are fake IMHO.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-home-pin-not-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.