B7CC98B5-B629-4514-B012-E6CBF9F27990 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210427_232808 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210428_114421 (resized).jpg
HM (resized).jpg
0328210015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210328-005946 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210328-010013 (resized).png
AD6D1F6E-7C00-4C4A-9A35-F69D5E521E01 (resized).jpeg

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 months ago

Weird. Opto works initially, then basically dies after the first time it gets triggered.
Back to new opto. 55 bucks.

#152 5 months ago

Newest owner I think. I'll wait to review the game until I've played it a while because right now I'm super stoked about this game and my biased review would have to be glowing. My wife is even excited about playing it.

IMG_20210427_232808 (resized).jpgIMG_20210428_114421 (resized).jpg
#153 5 months ago

I checked with Incendium.
Magazines are still held up at HM.

#154 5 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I checked with Incendium.
Magazines are still held up at HM.

One of the distributor mentioned that those magazines might be a sticking issue between Incendium and Stern. So if anyone ever gets a spare copy, I would jump at the ability to buy one.

#155 5 months ago

They are a deal between Incendium and HM magazine.
Unfortunately HM is not the best to their subscribers.
I'm one of them.
Its still issue 300 just another rarer cover.
There were 4 alts at printing.
The pin is cover #5

#156 5 months ago

Thanks for sharing that. I was searching HM site and found that there were different covers. Good to know it's #5. I wonder if they are just going to release the blank cover. I hope to be able to just buy one off the website when they get reprinted. Hopefully.

#157 5 months ago

TIP

After dealing with my warranty issue, I was required to install
Dropbox
To share a video of the problem with tech support.

Best to be prepared, review your video before posting, limited free space.

1 week later
#158 5 months ago

Heavy Metal has been added to the game list at http://www.speakerlightkits.com It's a standard SPIKE 1 Speaker Light Kit...the only difference is it appears that you will have to unplug the CN9 connection on the cabinet node board to plug in the power for the light kit. This is also becoming a thing with some recent SPIKE 2 games. That factory connection is only needed if a person is using a +12vdc billl acceptor on their game....as described here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Power-Type-10.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

1 week later
#159 5 months ago

Joined the heavy metal club!

I got mine about a month ago and have really enjoyed it. It’s my first pin and all I’ve done extra is added pinstadiums. Night and day diffrence. But I got #94

Is it verified they only made 100? Or will they do the 300 run?

#160 5 months ago

I was told a one year sales run.
That should be around thanksgiving.
Not sure when orders (the year) officially started.
I ordered in June before it was even on the availability list for my distributor.

1 week later
#161 5 months ago

#68 arrived a few weeks ago.

-Upgrade speakers via flipper fidelity
(Sounds so amazing. Goes to Vol. 63 with no distortion)

-Added Pin Stadium fusion Neo (UV flow is a great touch and added to a flasher in the back board)

-Added a B17 from the AC/DC via ModFather (shakes with the shaker motor, for a cool effect)

-Added micro display via Sparky (thank you Prophet for the idea)

-External volume control via pinball life (now I can use DJ Mixer and turn it up)

-Speaker lights via SpeakerLightKits.com

-Stern Shaker Motor (code v1.02 supports it)

Yes, that’s a lot of extras but guess what, it’s a perfect pin for a quick game. Game flow is fast and fun. Straight forward with lots of long shots and a great soundtrack.

The paint job on the legs is outstanding. Fits my collection perfectly.

Seems only that 100 pins will be built . To those that got one ….enjoy.

Cheers,

FE95D437-E3D6-4A76-9A9E-7A29000A65DC (resized).jpegDAE1F410-71D3-4BCC-A365-4477A72ADF99 (resized).jpegB7CC98B5-B629-4514-B012-E6CBF9F27990 (resized).jpeg
#162 5 months ago

Welcome to the club.
I am still waiting on my warranty capture opto.
Over a month now.
Called my distributor last week about it....
Great game, when it's not a paperweight in the corner awaiting parts.

Quiet fan is the only thing basically left...

#163 4 months ago

QUIETRIOT Congrats on joining the club. Man I love my Heavy Metal. I like your under cabinet lighting. I might have to jump on that band wagon.

1 week later
#164 4 months ago

My quiet fan kits came in.
Waiting to install after my warranty period.
20210607_163752 (resized).jpg

#165 4 months ago

I heard back from Eddie at Stern warranty.
He mis-read his report and my opto is still not in.
I asked if I get a bonus 2 months of warranty while they wait for parts they cannot provide for their warranty.

#166 4 months ago

Number 79 is home! Can't wait to put it together on Sunday.

IMG_20210611_185504804 (resized).jpg
#167 4 months ago

I have #91. Got it early March 2021. I LOVE it.

#168 4 months ago

Does anyone in the group know of anyone who colourized titles (Pin 2 dmd, etc)
I remember years ago there was someone doing Nascar (when it was in my collection).

Being boutique I don't see this title getting the colour dmd treatment. We're most likely on our own out here for mods.

I neither have the skills or colour vision for the job.

#169 4 months ago

Post about it on vpforums. That's where the pin2dmd colorization people generally hang out.

#170 4 months ago

does anyone know if the soundtrack was ever released as a CD, or made available to buy online?

#171 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

does anyone know if the soundtrack was ever released as a CD, or made available to buy online?

I haven't been able to find a release, so I'm guessing not. That would be cool, but it's easy enough to make the playlist yourself in Apple Music or Spotify. Also don't forget juke box mode on the pin itself.

#172 4 months ago
Quoted from Prophet:

I haven't been able to find a release, so I'm guessing not. That would be cool, but it's easy enough to make the playlist yourself in Apple Music or Spotify. Also don't forget juke box mode on the pin itself.

The movie soundtrack was back in the 80's, I think there has been a poo show in regards to rights and re-release since.

#173 4 months ago

The movie soundtrack has nothing to do with this game. Songs are different and by different artists on the game.

Quoted from gdonovan:

The movie soundtrack was back in the 80's, I think there has been a poo show in regards to rights and re-release since.

#174 4 months ago

Incdendium had written this on youtube:

Incendium
10 months ago
Not yet - we're working on a soundtrack release to coincide with the machines shipping to customers in November. Stay tuned \m/

Guess they abandoned that idea.

#175 4 months ago

Still waiting on Stern for a replacement playfield optic switch (two months now).
I had to inquire to my distributor how Sterns lack of parts applies to my warranty period.
Stern has so far been quiet on the issue.

Funny how there are no spare parts for an 'in production' title.

Update: Stern claims that parts disruptions do not extend or effect your warranty period.
Darn fine print.
So make it and then don't service it. And screw you.

#176 4 months ago

Stern trying to catch up to JJP in the race to the bottom for warranty support?

#177 3 months ago

I got my optic switch back from my trusted board repair guy.
Opto was re-flowed.
Game works 100% now.
I thought the solder joint looked cold and grainy.

Now we will see how long Stern takes....

Game still will give a random capture and launch 2 balls. Taking it in for service.

1 week later
#178 3 months ago

Opto wire connection was not 100%
Boyz at the shop loved playing it.
Tech wanted me to keep an eye on the threaded post as it was loose and tightens under the playfield (I think it's that way for SW home).next time you are inside, check to be sure yours are snug.
The tech was baffled as to why the plastic was not drilled and the post secured.
Happy playing, no new high score from the shop.
20210709_125301 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#179 67 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Opto wire connection was not 100%
Boyz at the shop loved playing it.
Tech wanted me to keep an eye on the threaded post as it was loose and tightens under the playfield (I think it's that way for SW home).next time you are inside, check to be sure yours are snug.
The tech was baffled as to why the plastic was not drilled and the post secured.
Happy playing, no new high score from the shop.
[quoted image]

Yep, you need to keep the post snug, I broke mine off and had to replace it along with the metal insert that holds the post in place. It's a super easy fix, but with regular maintenance I doubt it will be a repeated problem.

#180 67 days ago

Could hardly believe I found a Heavy Metal LE on location while on vacation in Myrtle Beach at Player's Choice in the MB Mall. They practically just unboxed it. I really had a blast playing it, re-theme or not I liked the ball capture option, the ramp that you can hit after dropping some targets, the fast action and flow it had and music / animations / sounds / lights were choreographed well with the modes.

Rocked it out hard and finished HMM wizard mode on my first game. Just happened to be in the zone and had one of those amazing breakthrough games, somewhat luck, somewhat skill. Multi ball was a piece of cake after being trained by GNR.

It was exciting and fun for me, and seeing others react to my epic game and crazy movements as it was unfolding was an extra bonus. I had to go back for another round the next day. Long term keeper? Not sure. But of recent Stern games, this one seemed to get a bit more of my attention.

IMG_0070 (resized).jpgIMG_0072 (resized).jpg
#181 67 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Could hardly believe I found a Heavy Metal LE on location while on vacation in Myrtle Beach at Player's Choice in the MB Mall. They practically just unboxed it. I really had a blast playing it, re-theme or not I liked the ball capture option, the ramp that you can hit after dropping some targets, the fast action and flow it had and music / animations / sounds / lights were choreographed well with the modes.
Rocked it out hard and finished HMM wizard mode on my first game. Just happened to be in the zone and had one of those amazing breakthrough games, somewhat luck, somewhat skill. Multi ball was a piece of cake after being trained by GNR.
It was exciting and fun for me, and seeing others react to my epic game and crazy movements as it was unfolding was an extra bonus. I had to go back for another round the next day. Long term keeper? Not sure. But of recent Stern games, this one seemed to get a bit more of my attention.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Yeah, The games got a buddy of mine hooked. He's looking to buy his first pinball machine - mostly impart to Heavy Metal. He already told me that if I didn't own it he would buy one, so now he's on the look out for a Kiss or even an ACDC.

#182 62 days ago

Jason (Classic Game Rooms) had a Heavy Metal set up for SFGE in Atlanta this weekend. My friends and I thought it was the most fun to play, of all the newer pins there. Has anyone tried loading the code into Pinball Browser to see if the callouts can be changed? They’re not awful, but it would be nice to give it the Cleland treatment.

Also, where do you go for code updates? I don’t see this game listed anywhere on Stern’s website.

#183 61 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Jason (Classic Game Rooms) had a Heavy Metal set up for SFGE in Atlanta this weekend. My friends and I thought it was the most fun to play, of all the newer pins there. Has anyone tried loading the code into Pinball Browser to see if the callouts can be changed? They’re not awful, but it would be nice to give it the Cleland treatment.
Also, where do you go for code updates? I don’t see this game listed anywhere on Stern’s website.

For code updates go here https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
Scroll down to March. Last code update is v1.02

3 weeks later
#184 36 days ago

My wife was hot tonight

20210917_190457 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#185 9 days ago

Do any of you owners have any connections with Stern??
I assume production is wrapped up.
I would like to know the official number of pins built.

#186 7 days ago

I’d love to get a extra playfield if they have parts for 300 and only built 100

There should be a few playfields laying around

#187 2 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Do any of you owners have any connections with Stern??
I assume production is wrapped up.
I would like to know the official number of pins built.

No connections with Stern here, but I would think Jason at Classic Game Rooms might know more since he was the goto guy Stern used to off load a majority of the games. I'm sure I'll be talking to him in the next few weeks or so when the Godzilla Premiums start to become available for shipping and I'll ask him about it then.

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside