Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jathomp22
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.04.21 PM (resized).png
    zoom (resized).jpg
    Glass Comp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago

I have both PDI and Invisiglass. I think the impact of anti reflective glass is really environment driven. My game room is very bright during the day so the glass really helps. As regards to what product is better...who knows as its really difficult to tell between PDI and Invisiglass...their both nice products....

4 months later
    #69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

No offense, but I would be more inclined to believe http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html who tested both Inivisiglass and PDI and found Invisiglass to be inferior, over a guy who looked at them in different environments and thinks they are the same.

I've seen the study, but the fact is there is very little if any difference in most home environments. I have both products (3 PDI, and 3 IG) sitting side by side and its almost impossible to tell the difference nor can any of the dozens of people who have played the games. The only reason I don't continue to buy the PDI product is because its 15% more expensive. If it was the same cost I would buy whoever could the product to me faster ....I have no experience with the stern product, but I'm sure its pretty nice....

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Allow me to pile on here.. recently bought 2 sets of Stern HD glass and installed them to 2 highly restored machines, MB and SS. The glass looks ok, but when swapping it out for the Invisiglass that came with me DI, there is an obvious difference in my environment. The Stern HD glass is much more similar to just a brand new regular glass. Total waste of money IMO.
    The Invisiglass (in my house) is “hey I forgot to put the glass on” good. I have not used PDI although since I saw that Nitro is carrying it at a considerable discount, I may just buy that.

I tried buying a sheet from Nitro, but they were out of stock. Not sure what the delivered price is to the USA? Its listed at $225 on their website + whatever shipping might be?

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s right - and yes I think it’s +shipping. I am not sure about why they show out of stock

Not sure, but another pinsider suggested the product. I ended up ordering another Invisiglass $328 delivered....the extra $40 for PDI isn't worth it in my mind. I see ZERO difference in my environment (very bright)...nor do the 20+ people who have played the games.

1 year later
    #97 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Ok, so I ordered what I thought was a 2 pack of Voodoo Glass to try it out and I got 2 sheets of Invisiglass. I went on Cointaker and see now they now have a brand new Voodoo Glass and it's $299 a sheet.
    Anyway, 2 sheets of Invisiglass for $399 seems like a great deal to me. I guess I have to wait until someone tries the new Voodoo Glass by Back Alley Creations.

Huh? Where did you get two sheets in Invisiglass for $400 delivered ? Directly from JJP?

#99 3 years ago

Wow thats a great deal....its almost $600 on the JJP site...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hd-vs-invisiglass-vs-pdi?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.