Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jathomp22
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.04.21 PM (resized).png
    zoom (resized).jpg
    Glass Comp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have all three, so I took a photo of each one with an identical camera angle and overhead can lighting...

Glass Comp.jpgGlass Comp.jpg

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Damn, I can't believe that one is so much worse than the others.

One thing that surprised me is that the color of the reflection is different on each one.

#10 6 years ago

Yeah, I should have included a standard piece of glass before I took down the tripod and everything :-/ At this point, my personal favorite is PDI glass. I like the anti-reflective properties and the nicely beveled edges.

#16 6 years ago

Here's a reflection of one of the overhead lights, zoomed-in. Left to right these are Stern HD, Invisiglass, and PDI...

zoom (resized).jpgzoom (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Special cleaner" meaning ammonia free glass cleaner? That's not that exotic is it?

I use Sparkle and micro-fiber cloth on all my pinball glass. Not a big deal. A plus is that it doesn't get used-up on non-pinball stuff and slowly disappear (like every bottle of Windex I ever owned)

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It's a pain. It streaks on the other machines more than regular glass cleaner. So it's annoying to use. I like the foaming glass cleaner that works WAY better. Plus, you can use a paper towel on the other games, not on games with HD/PDI/Invisiglass.
    Also, cleaning is harder on these glasses. You have to work much harder to get little spots out.

That foaming stuff (Sprayway I think it is) is fantastic. Not on delicate anti-reflective glass, but for windows and stuff like that. It actually gets the hazy film off the inside of a windshield!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hd-vs-invisiglass-vs-pdi?tu=Paul_from_Gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.