1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from venom112:

Price is way up with every release the price goes up. After the initial reveal you really need to step back and wait for code to develop. They create such a frenzy. Imo they are pricing a lot of people out of the hobby. You can’t tell me the BOM goes up with every game.

Of course the BOM doesn't go up every game. Stern just keeps upping the price. As long as their sales aren't suffering, they are gonna keep upping the price. The economy is good, pinball is as big as it has ever been in the last 20 years and people are dropping $8.5k on LE machines and $5,500 on standard games.

I custom build homes and when things are good and sales are strong, I keep upping my prices as well. It's simple supply and demand. Demand strong = prices go up. Why does everyone constantly question why they keep increasing prices? It's just so simple, they want to make as much freakin money as they possible can while times are good.

QSS

#52 1 year ago

You know what is ridiculous is they up the price on Deadpool and then you call to get a guardians or a Star Wars and the game you could have bought not but two days ago for 5300 delivered they now want 200 more for. That just shows how greedy these companies are. I get that they will keep upping the price until people draw the line but they are playing a risky game. Me personally I am tired of the price hikes every game so at this point I will wait until they all come back to earth or I may just be out of the hobby soon. It’s pretty depressing but oh well.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from venom112:

You know what is ridiculous is they up the price on Deadpool and then you call to get a guardians or a Star Wars and the game you could have bought not but two days ago for 5300 delivered they now want 200 more for. That just shows how greedy these companies are. I get that they will keep upping the price until people draw the line but they are playing a risky game. Me personally I am tired of the price hikes every game so at this point I will wait until they all come back to earth or I may just be out of the hobby soon. It’s pretty depressing but oh well.

Being "out of the hobby" and not buying the latest NIB games aren't the same thing. Plenty of used titles, new and old, out there for a wide range of prices.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

How do they factor the cost of code updates? Considering they release code updates on 2+ year old games. Or do they recoup those costs on the next title?

If they have 4 men working 40 hr a week they put that into there monthly cost they do not care how old the game they work on is

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Buy from Nitro ... they do Roman's glass at $225 vs the $295 of PDI. It's exactly the same glass. PDI are just charging an additional $70.

thanks....per their website the product is out of stock....

#56 1 year ago

Wish they would make LE's right for those of use who picked up one in the past.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

My distro said deposits are not refundable now, Stern new rules.

"Stern's new rules"? Man that sounds like a load of BS from the distro

Time to find another one imho

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

"Stern's new rules"? Man that sounds like a load of BS from the distro
    Time to find another one imho

It could be distributor specific. Higher volume distributors might get more leeway, or a certain distributor might simply have a bad track record with cancellations. Either way, yeah, find a distributor that won't lock you in if you're not comfortable with that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside