(Topic ID: 345805)

Stern has apparently dropped the mandatory MSRP pricing for distros.

By PismoArcade

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Venon-Premium (resized).jpg
    starwars (resized).jpg
    IMG_6492 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1005.gif
    C94D1361-7ACD-412E-9668-27FA1F2B7F1F (resized).jpeg
    20231105_092818 (resized).jpg
    cheap (resized).JPG
    Round 2 (resized).jpg
    e7369be5635ab6eac10fc134c83764dc (resized).jpg
    IMG_7042.gif
    resized-image-promo-15 (resized).jpeg
    file_57_10 (resized).jpg
    MV5BMTg3MjAwOTY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDMzMDQ2._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231028-235235 (resized).png
    411A15C0-5E88-447C-B66B-D7BA51275F66.gif
    Screenshot_20231028_230155_Gallery (resized).jpg

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
    #501 3 months ago

Well I bought a JP Home pin at the higher price point because it was from a local dealer and I wanted a new machine and was what we could afford. It definitely sucks that less than a month later I have lost $1200 on it lol...

However, My wife and I play it every night and it has been an excellent starter pin. While I realize I have lost money immediately, it will be the machine we keep around forever and let the kids or whoever bang on it without worry. Plus I wanted a machine I could just keep restarting over and over for practice without worry of the plays piling up on it... Or use it to warm up for the other machines we will have in the future...

Anyways. If you are out there and considering the JP Home pin @ $3300, I would highly recommend it!

#502 3 months ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

First it was LZ and TMNT, then it was the home pin, whats the next sale to be had? I am bidding my time, seems to be a pattern forming.

They are only going to do these sales on pins that are no longer being manufactured. So any pin that has been archived with stern will be eligible at some point.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’d hate to be a distributor right now. Lots of dust getting on those nib games. Venom LE’s will be available for years to come.

Dealers are moving them via trade deals, they aren't gonna just sit on them. Local shop got 6 older pins traded in for the JP30th recently. It's easier to flip older lower valued games they quickly fix up. The dealers who mainly stick to new releases are gonna get boned though, dealers need to get with the times and get into dealing with used sales as well as that's where the real money is.

#503 3 months ago

Last I heard Tilt still had some.

Quoted from Molon_Labe:If anyone knows a dealer or if you are a dealer with a TMNT premium in stock at sale pricing, please PM me. I reached out to a few dealers that I have previously dealt with but no joy - sold out.

#504 3 months ago

It's strange because Rush is part of the new discounting but I haven't seen any for sale.

*not in the market for one....just curious.

#505 3 months ago

I would’ve love to have an Elvira BRK edition, but there is just no way i can swing 13k for it. I will be curious to see if the game sells out or will end up being available later down the road at a small discount.

#506 3 months ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would’ve love to have an Elvira BRK edition, but there is just no way i can swing 13k for it. I will be curious to see if the game sells out or will end up being available later down the road at a small discount.

You can already get it at a discount. MSRP days are over.

#507 3 months ago
    Quoted from MickFlip:

Well I bought a JP Home pin at the higher price point because it was from a local dealer and I wanted a new machine and was what we could afford. It definitely sucks that less than a month later I have lost $1200 on it lol...
    However, My wife and I play it every night and it has been an excellent starter pin. While I realize I have lost money immediately, it will be the machine we keep around forever and let the kids or whoever bang on it without worry. Plus I wanted a machine I could just keep restarting over and over for practice without worry of the plays piling up on it... Or use it to warm up for the other machines we will have in the future...
    Anyways. If you are out there and considering the JP Home pin @ $3300, I would highly recommend it!

That's great! I've been dying to try a JP/SW Home Edition but I don't know anyone around who has it. One of the things that's actually appealing to me is the simple(r) rule set. I've always enjoyed deeper games (i.e. Simpsons/LOTR really hooked me back in the day), but the LCD era games have started giving me a headache with the complexity. From what I've read, JP home sits in a nice balance between modern complexity and too-simple-for-my-taste games pre-1990.

#508 3 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can already get it at a discount. MSRP days are over.

Where ? I didn’t call around a lot but the two dealers I talked to wouldn’t budge

#509 3 months ago
    Quoted from BradLinden:

That's great! I've been dying to try a JP/SW Home Edition but I don't know anyone around who has it. One of the things that's actually appealing to me is the simple(r) rule set. I've always enjoyed deeper games (i.e. Simpsons/LOTR really hooked me back in the day), but the LCD era games have started giving me a headache with the complexity. From what I've read, JP home sits in a nice balance between modern complexity and too-simple-for-my-taste games pre-1990.

Jason at Classic Game Rooms has both, I think. At least the email he just sent out claimed that he does...

#510 3 months ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Where ? I didn’t call around a lot but the two dealers I talked to wouldn’t budge

Yeah that is just rolling off the line this week/last I'm sure that there is no panic setting in about the amazing BRK edition.

#511 3 months ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Jason at Classic Game Rooms has both, I think. At least the email he just sent out claimed that he does...

Sorry, I meant I don’t know any local collectors or distributions who have one I can test drive

#512 3 months ago
    Quoted from Molon_Labe:

If anyone knows a dealer or if you are a dealer with a TMNT premium in stock at sale pricing, please PM me. I reached out to a few dealers that I have previously dealt with but no joy - sold out.

Definitely check with Tilt Amusements. Troy just delivered a pro TMNT to me today.

#513 3 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

It's strange because Rush is part of the new discounting but I haven't seen any for sale.

I haven't seen a vendor list this in any of their sale communications. The only thing I've heard was people in these forums saying it was next or something like that. Have you seen any official communication that includes Rush in the sale?

#514 3 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Have you seen any official communication that includes Rush in the sale?

Are there nib Rush machines sitting in Distros warehouses? I had a new Rush Prem awhile back, but sold it due to the never-ending node board / ramp motor saga. Actually, would be interested in a Rush Pro if prices significantly fall off. Would probably also consider a Bond, should that price be on the chopping block as well.

#515 3 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I haven't seen a vendor list this in any of their sale communications. The only thing I've heard was people in these forums saying it was next or something like that. Have you seen any official communication that includes Rush in the sale?

It was mentioned on a couple of podcasts (TPS) and like you, I also saw it on here.

#516 3 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Are there nib Rush machines sitting in Distros warehouses? I had a new Rush Prem awhile back, but sold it due to the never-ending node board / ramp motor saga. Actually, would be interested in a Rush Pro if prices significantly fall off. Would probably also consider a Bond, should that price be on the chopping block as well.

Automated has both in stock for a bit more than MSRP. Ironically I bought mine last year when they dropped it below MSRP. It went from Not to Hot just like that. Pros are going used for near $6k, which is a fabulous deal.

#517 3 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Ironically I bought mine last year when they dropped it below MSRP. It went from Not to Hot just like that. Pros are going used for near $6k, which is a fabulous deal.

You ain't kiddin'. They want $1200 more now. Not bad appreciation at 100 bucks per month.

#519 3 months ago

Soooo any chance jaws comes out at older pricing?

#520 3 months ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Soooo any chance jaws comes out at older pricing?

No chance. Everyone will be in once they see that ball eating shark (the mech stolen from JP).

#521 3 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

No chance. Everyone will be in once they see that ball eating shark (the mech stolen from JP).

IMG_6492 (resized).jpegIMG_6492 (resized).jpeg
    #522 3 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Nah. Couldn't care less. Nothing going to change if we fold the instant a theme comes out that everyone here circle jerks each other over.....

#523 3 months ago

We're gonna need a bigger pivot man.

Quoted from NPO:Nah. Couldn't care less. Nothing going to change if we fold the instant a theme comes out that everyone here circle jerks each other over.....

#524 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

We're gonna need a bigger pivot man.

I’m not feeling the Jaws love either. I’m fine playing what I have. The hunt has become a Disney Ride.

#525 3 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Nah. Couldn't care less. Nothing going to change if we fold the instant a theme comes out that everyone here circle jerks each other over.....

My sentiment as well . The wallet is safe !

#526 3 months ago
    Quoted from Molon_Labe:

If anyone knows a dealer or if you are a dealer with a TMNT premium in stock at sale pricing, please PM me. I reached out to a few dealers that I have previously dealt with but no joy - sold out.

Cointakers shows 3 premiums still in stock.

#527 3 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

I have no interest in jaws unless it has full movie assets. If it doesn't its just a shark themed pin lol.

#528 3 months ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

First it was LZ and TMNT, then it was the home pin, whats the next sale to be had? I am bidding my time, seems to be a pattern forming.

Its only the pins that were archived, its not a patter, they didnt make any of those in the past year.

Quoted from Molon_Labe:

i havea few tmnt premiums left

1 week later
    #529 3 months ago

What distributor has the JP Home for 3300?

#530 3 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I had found 2 distros with them on announcement day, but when with a used Prem instead.

#531 3 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

There won’t be nearly as much “folding” this go around.

The “circle jerking”? Oh yeah, that will be on full display with Jaws

JP and GZ are great pins that are MUCH more than just the layout. Sound, animation and code are phenomenal on those games.

The team working on those games doesn’t get nearly the credit they deserve.

JAWS I’m sure will be similar awesome, and better be because those are the top 2 rated pins fwiw.

IF it looks like JAWS will be on the same level or better, then it’s a theme I want so I’ll WAIT it out and let the dust settle.

#532 3 months ago
    Quoted from BobC:

What distributor has the JP Home for 3300?

The pinball place in Mankato, MN.

#533 3 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There won’t be nearly as much “folding” this go around.
    The “circle jerking”? Oh yeah, that will be on full display with Jaws
    JP and GZ are great pins that are MUCH more than just the layout. Sound, animation and code are phenomenal on those games.
    The team working on those games doesn’t get nearly the credit they deserve.
    JAWS I’m sure will be similar awesome, and better be because those are the top 2 rated pins fwiw.
    IF it looks like JAWS will be on the same level or better, then it’s a theme I want so I’ll WAIT it out and let the dust settle.

Being a late adopter pays off much of the time. They work out the kinks. Code gets finished.

#534 3 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm guessing the RUSH fans bought and are holding because they love the theme, but maybe more were made than RUSH fans, so they aren't moving.

#535 3 months ago

Star Wars Pro - $6699 at ABT.

starwars (resized).jpgstarwars (resized).jpg
    #536 3 months ago
    Quoted from spinout:

[quoted image]

Wow sick $200 discount

That’s worse than IFPA rewards

#537 3 months ago
    Quoted from spinout:

[quoted image]

ANOTHER discounted NIB Stern. $300 is a sweet treat! Thanks for the heads up.

#538 3 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Being a late adopter pays off much of the time. They work out the kinks. Code gets finished.

Don’t think we have that to worry about with Elwin/Neagle team.

I didnt mind going in up front since the TWD days. Worked out well.

The point is today. You spend $13k up front it’s worth $10k tomorrow.

Has ZERO to do with the early adopter code. But you already know that based on your collection.

#539 89 days ago

Are these discounts still in place? If so, who is offering them? What are the games/prices? If anyone has any recent and/or updated information, that would be awesome. Thanks.

#540 89 days ago

Call or message @tilt

Quoted from usandthem:Are these discounts still in place? If so, who is offering them? What are the games/prices? If anyone has any recent and/or updated information, that would be awesome. Thanks.

#541 89 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Are these discounts still in place? If so, who is offering them? What are the games/prices? If anyone has any recent and/or updated information, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Cointaker also still has the sale going.

#542 89 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Pretty sure Grindle3 at Classic Game Rooms may still have some discounted games. He's a great guy who will always take care of you.

#543 89 days ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Pretty sure Grindle3 at Classic Game Rooms may still have some discounted games. He's a great guy who will always take care of you.

any distributor that has those titles have discounted games, They are discounted till either sold out, or a distributor just doesnt want to discount it. In our case, when we get to the last one in stock, then we end the discount.

For us, we still have the following avalable at discounted prices

tmnt premium
    zep pro
    zep premium

#544 89 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Pinball Pro is showing limited availability. They were excellent to deal with on my LZ Premium.

#545 88 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow sick $200 discount
    That’s worse than IFPA rewards

What is the discount for IFPA rewards?

I have a shot at qualifying for it this year, but I haven't seen what the value of the discount actually is.
    In general, I'm not a Stern fan, but I might consider a James Bond Pro.

#546 88 days ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

What is the discount for IFPA rewards?
    I have a shot at qualifying for it this year, but I haven't seen what the value of the discount actually is.
    In general, I'm not a Stern fan, but I might consider a James Bond Pro.

Email the IFPA guys and they'll tell you. It usually comes out to around $400-500 when all is said and done.

#547 88 days ago

It’s barely worth it if you have a good distributor, I think it’s only on select titles too. Nothing to stress over I’m afraid

#548 88 days ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

It’s barely worth it if you have a good distributor, I think it’s only on select titles too. Nothing to stress over I’m afraid

That's exactly why I was asking...if it was a $2K discount it would matter a lot, if it's $200 it doesn't matter at all.

#549 88 days ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

That's exactly why I was asking...if it was a $2K discount it would matter a lot, if it's $200 it doesn't matter at all.

It used to be a great deal, but now they charge tax and a flat rate of shipping. When I got my BM66 with IFPA rewards there was no tax and exact shipping. My take today is a premium is still a decent deal, but not worth it on a pro.

#550 88 days ago
    Quoted from MickFlip:

This reminds me, of back in the day, of a friend that bought Williams "Joust" NIB.
    A few weeks later, the distributer had a big auction and blowout of the game.
    I believe he lost a good $1000.00 dollars on his purchase.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-apparently-dropped-the-mandatory-msrp-pricing-from-distros/page/11?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.