IMG_0042 (resized).JPG
Spiderman Models.jpg
image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
78fd8e1b6a04cc9835523cc08faa375fe485645a (resized).jpg
20161128_142757 (resized).jpg
20161128_130620 (resized).jpg
20161128_130614 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#506 1 year ago

I need a node board repair for my Spider-man HE. Aware of anyone that can do node board repair? I'm not confident about getting timely action from Stern for this title.

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Many official distributors can get the board swapped or repaired at stern. Reach out to your distro, and ask. Otherwise other distros could help too

Thanks very much.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#509 1 year ago

Posted the below in another Spider-man Home Edition thread as well, but this thread is more active.

Looking for input on any of the scattered ideas below for my Spider-man Home Edition. It was played less than 100 times, then, upon booting up, the machine gave the message "Updating NODE 8," followed by a countdown, then the message "Update Failed." Power cycling the game makes no difference in this behavior. With the game still under warranty, I contacted my distro two months ago and have confirmed that a trouble ticket was sent to Stern then.

Here are a few things I've tried and am considering, ranging from fixing to selling. Input on any of the below is appreciated.

(1) With the power off, I checked all connectors that lead to Node 8 in some way, and all look fine and are secure. I also pulled all the connectors to Node 8 and Node 0 (in the backbox) and reseated them. No change. Does this continuing error message definitely implicate NODE 8 or could there be another cause? Are there any other ideas I could try?

(2) I realize that Stern should eventually send me a new NODE 8 board, but I'm not confident that will be soon and I even worry that the board would fail again eventually. I see so many complaints about NODE board failures and long waits for replacements that I've grown cynical, and I understand that any problem with this particular title could be way on the back burner for Stern. At this point, I would purchase a NODE 8 board if I could, but I'm not sure they're available or even used in other titles. Does anyone know?

(3) With NODE 8 installed and the game play tested, what would you say is a reasonable sale price? I paid about $4,000 for it, but especially with the limited popularity of this game and the specific NODE 8 failure issue, I would obviously sell it at a loss. With the board installed and the game working, any opinions on price?

(4) A naive question that I nevertheless produces a considered opinion: Do you think it's possible to sell as-is (with NODE 8 shipped to the buyer when it would arrive)? If so, what would be a fair price?

Thanks again for any useful input.

Added 14 months ago:

Sufficiently chided.

3 months later
#513 11 months ago

Just posted a Spiderman Home Edition FS in the Market in case you know anyone interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-home-edition-5#post-7544400

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-a-new-spider-man-pinball?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.