IMG_0042 (resized).JPG
Spiderman Models.jpg
image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
78fd8e1b6a04cc9835523cc08faa375fe485645a (resized).jpg
20161128_142757 (resized).jpg
20161128_130620 (resized).jpg
20161128_130614 (resized).jpg
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#2 7 years ago

What is that monstrosity?

#3 7 years ago

missing a ramp and upper right flipper

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

missing a ramp and upper right flipper

Is the layout even similar? It looks totally different to me.

Also looks like a color display. Will it be before B66?

#5 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is the layout even similar? It looks totally different to me.
Also looks like a color display. Will it be before B66?

i thought it looked "kinda" similar. the doc oc targets. i think it looks like sandman is one stand up way in the back.

#7 7 years ago

The Pin strikes again

#8 7 years ago

It's running on Spike too.

That backbox resembles my Bally Midway City Slicker.

#9 7 years ago

Looks like a home model. No coin door.

LTG : )

#10 7 years ago

Looks like you can get it delivered next week.

#11 7 years ago

I'm thankful I never put in the order for that VE since this is obviously the SLEVE edition.

#12 7 years ago

Price was $3899 from Game Room Guys in MI.

sppin (resized).JPGsppin (resized).JPG

sppin2 (resized).JPGsppin2 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

I wonder if Batman 66 will end up having one of these models.

#14 7 years ago

This reeks of quality!!

#15 7 years ago

I'm assuming this is a new version of The Pin. If Stern ever gets these a little under $3,000 shipped they will sell a reasonable number of them.

Remember, we aren't the target market for these. We are the hard core collecting group, they want casual people to become hard core, this is their gateway drug.

#16 7 years ago

Well, at least the "Durable high grade plunger" will come in handy.

#17 7 years ago

I wonder if the playfield will be covered under "the program".

#18 7 years ago

Only 4K!

Now I see why stern has inched up its prices....to create a spot for these pos'!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm assuming this is a new version of The Pin. If Stern ever gets these a little under $3,000 shipped they will sell a reasonable number of them.
Remember, we aren't the target market for these. We are the hard core collecting group, they want casual people to become hard core, this is their gateway drug.

I wonder if they made the under side of the playfield easier to access. That was a major design flaw for the pin.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's actually not a terrible idea, but at $4k I think it just won't take hold. That's in the "might as well buy a real-deal BW game" or "might as well save up for a pro" territory.

I do think the market is ripe for someone to make money with a cheap, fun pin. Like a modern-day version of a classic Bally.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Only 4K!
Now I see why stern has inched up its prices....to create a spot for these pos'!

you said POS' but i think you meant their new PROS

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

George Gomez and Jody Dankberg did say on that C2C podcast that were going to continue making pros.

#23 7 years ago

Th' Pin.

#24 7 years ago

That's the new standard for the Pro model...

#25 7 years ago

Sad thing is it doesn't have a different designation so some sucker, who doesn't know better, sees this price and buys it thinking it's a full size model.

#26 7 years ago

This is their The Pin series GB coming soon...

ghostbusterspinball (resized).JPGghostbusterspinball (resized).JPG

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wonder if Batman 66 will end up having one of these models.

seems like anything is in the realm of possibility right now.

#28 7 years ago

No one noticed that this is our first look at the new color display?

Eh...I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Maybe a bit too expensive, but who am I to say. Looks like it should be a fun game for what it is. I hope they sell tons, make lots of money, and introduce pinball to a new market that can't afford their full size pins!

#29 7 years ago

What if that is the new design for the backbox for the full size machine too?

#30 7 years ago

I just puked in a my mouth a little.

#31 7 years ago

Just think....soon this will become the "Pro".

You think it can't happen? You might get surprised.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The Pin strikes again

In the eBay ad under Item Specifics, you can actually read "MPN: Spiderman-The Pin"

#33 7 years ago

It doesn't look too bad to me. I'm looking forward to gameplay videos and a full reveal. This looks better than The Pin did. I'm not against home model pins as long as they are built well and fun, though the price seems high.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I'm not against home model pins as long as they are built well and fun, though the price seems high.

And hopefully have some code that's a step or two better than a Zizzle. I think the eBay seller has prices that are fluffed up even over MSRP (look at the Stern Pros they have FS) so I bet the street price for these deeleys will be $3200-$3600.

Somewhere Vid is dancing a jig because there will be like 9 new threads where he can defend this product w/ all the good hardware that goes into it.

#35 7 years ago

Interesting that's it's only a 2 player game, per the apron (1 or 2 can play!) - why not program for 4? It's not like they save on extra score displays.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sad thing is it doesn't have a different designation so some sucker, who doesn't know better, sees this price and buys it thinking it's a full size model.

Listing says "A full size regulation Stern pinball playfield", and it has real legs. I don't see any evidence that this isn't "full size", unlike (the original) The Pin.

Listing also says "LED scoring display" and that sure looks like an LCD screen to me, so maybe a typo.

Strangest thing to me is it looks like there's a single speaker, by the normal start button placement. That's an odd choice.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from stwicks:

This is their pin series GB coming soon...

The inserts look good!

#38 7 years ago

I wonder if you can lift up the playfield on this model? I don't think you could service the last The Pin, correct?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Listing also says "LED scoring display" and that sure looks like an LCD screen to me, so maybe a typo.

I thought it looked like a giant Color DMD. Wouldn't that be LED? Doesn't looks like a TV screen to me. The aliasing of the outline around the logo makes me think that it's LED.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Listing says "A full size regulation Stern pinball playfield", and it has real legs. I don't see any evidence that this isn't "full size", unlike (the original) The Pin.
Strangest thing to me is it looks like there's a single speaker, by the normal start button placement. That's an odd choice.

What I meant was less informed people may get this version confused with the fully featured SMVE. I think the Transformers The Pin has a full size playfield but significantly less features. Probably full size legs also.

Also that description came from the distributor on Ebay not Stern.

#41 7 years ago

Yeah very cool has a color display odd no announcement for it at all too

#42 7 years ago

No release from stern? Anyone have better pics?

#44 7 years ago

Someone not on GRG's shitlist (is there such a person?) should ask 'em for more details and pics.

#45 7 years ago

whew. had the flyer for almost 2 months now. glad info is out there now.
Lower cabinet is same size as the a normal pin. head is just slightly smaller.
Coin door area is fugly with no coin door and speaker on there.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

YES

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Someone not on GRG's shitlist (is there such a person?) should ask 'em for more details and pics.

There's an "Ask The Seller" link at the bottom of the eBay ad.

#48 7 years ago

The Pin couldn't sell at $2500, how is this (improved?) version supposed to sell for $4k?

Just a head scratcher.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ha, it is cheaper on their website by $100.

$100 is all they marked it up by for ebay? They'll take more of a loss on ebay than through selling it on their own.

#50 7 years ago

Flyer says "unboxed: H: 75.5" W:27" D:55" 250lbs.
So weighs as much as a normal one.

I was told in early July that MSRP would be $3499. So either that changed or GRG is trying to make a couple hundy extra being the first one out the gate with the info.

I actually think the playfield looks really fun to shoot. I don't see any similarities to the "real" spiderman.
Not really in the same vein as The Pin. This one look way more fully featured. Probably a market for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-a-new-spider-man-pinball?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.