Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8058D1C-8FC3-49D7-85CF-3E77A7E2EBE1 (resized).jpeg
    JJP (resized).JPG
    Harry Potter.jpg
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
    Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the-nerds-11732616-950-534 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images-3 (resized).jpeg
    erBaSE16H9fe3K7fz9b1rdSKQbU (resized).jpg
    415ed887b01504af430d2d73e4a347d967985017 (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    F050BEE8-6F4A-4E35-AFB9-7F66B1CA924C (resized).jpeg
    hp (resized).png
    Vernon Dursley.png
    Harry Potter Hype.jpg
    Harry Potter..jpg
    hogwarts (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the game doesn't allow coin-op it may sway her view as most of the games would be used in homes.

With no coin-op it is not for Stern. JJP can build it and it will be a true LE as they will price it so that they only 500 or 600 ever sell

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

We get this argument over and over. "Fun" is subjective. You don't think JJP games are fun, someone else does, end of discussion, no right or wrong here.
    From what I see, Stern is not usually bashed because their games aren't fun. They're bashed when their games fall well below expectations regarding theme implementation or build quality.

My god to even compare Stern and JJP is a joke 7 yr still trying to get out game 4 Stern punts out in a yr what JJP has put out in 7 yr

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

You may be right, but I wouldn't say Stern is a joke compared to JJP because they put out games so quickly instead of taking the time to get it right.
    Stern has managed to put out many fun games is spite of their short development cycles and cost cutting in some cases.

Short development cycles that's a joke it takes Stern two yr's to get a game out. as for cost cutting look at Woz vs TH vs DI there is cost cutting. I think POTC is Jacks try at building another WOZ but he is charging to much and if he does not lower prices he is done. With Stern CGC AP two games under $6000 game 3 by AP price unknown price by me but will be 3 grand cheaper than JJP lol

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quality over quantity.

With there # it is a cute little hobby shop lol

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, Ferrari and Lamborghini are little car hobby shops too because they don't make as many vehicles as Ford, lol ridiculous. Company A must be better then company B because they offer more products for sale! By that analogy Sears must be one of todays most successful retail stores!

There you go again calling JJP a Ferrari what a joke if anything a Tesla a high end car struggling to meet their numbers

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

There only two non brainer pins I would buy from whom ever upon announcement. Led Zeppelin and Harry Potter. I would expect this game would have to be a wide body and totally immersive to all the movies. Like both the Hobbit and Stern Star Wars in the immersive category. Both have deep rules and both have a significant amount of rules (which I love).
    HP would require a significant amount of code to meet expectations. I would think similar to Hobbit /WOZ. I am not sure I would want a speed pin like SW for this title but more Hobbit/WOZ/LOTR. so if I had my pick I would go JJP based on code experience but that said ,holly S*&T what would it cost? It would most likely make JJP Pirates look cheap but if done right for me "where do I send my money".

If it is JJP it needs to be more DI than TH finishing a ball looking up and seeing that you finished modes that you did not know you even started sucks

4 weeks later
    #186 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Harry Potter is rumored to be a retheme of Nine Ball with additional zazzles

LOL JJP is on game 4 yet they are going back to WOZ and putting out a new edition they are grasping at straws they still don't get it the games have weak sales because of price not because people don't like the games

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manny10:

Anyone that thinks that the current Stern games can even come close to the quality and feel of the JJP machines is just being delusional. Try playing a JJP machine for about 10 minutes; just pick any game that they make, and then play a recent stern machine, and it feels like you are playing a toy rather than a $6000 pinball machine. At some point Stern needs to stop worrying about increasing profit margins and start focusing on making machines that feel like $6,000 - $10,000 machines. Its not even close.

LOL go to the JJP POTC club thread most of what they talk about is how to fix all the issues the game has

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Most early production games will have issues regardless of the manufacturer, the more mechs / parts in those games the more issues those early games may have. JJP has addressed the early Pirates QC issues, see Eric's post below from just over a week ago. Most of what the JJP POTC club discusses isn't QC issues. If you don't want any issues out of the box I would recommend waiting 6 months from when production begins before ordering a game from any company.
    [quoted image]

Early production my god man the unveiling was 14 months ago

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's unveiling, not production...

I always hear how great it is that Jack has these looooong test periods so as to smooth things out Jack has had more than enough time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-harry-potter?tu=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.