Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8058D1C-8FC3-49D7-85CF-3E77A7E2EBE1 (resized).jpeg
    JJP (resized).JPG
    Harry Potter.jpg
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
    Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the-nerds-11732616-950-534 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images-3 (resized).jpeg
    erBaSE16H9fe3K7fz9b1rdSKQbU (resized).jpg
    415ed887b01504af430d2d73e4a347d967985017 (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    F050BEE8-6F4A-4E35-AFB9-7F66B1CA924C (resized).jpeg
    hp (resized).png
    Vernon Dursley.png
    Harry Potter Hype.jpg
    Harry Potter..jpg
    hogwarts (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

At this point, I think anyone who is an actual fan of the franchise would genuinely hope that ANY PINBALL MANUFACTURER would be able to secure the license, as that would guarantee that this "holy grail" of licenses actually came to fruition, that has seemed to be impossible to secure in the past.

But, similar to Star Wars, and similar to what we're hearing about The Beatles (shhhhhhh!, don't want to start another "speculation" thread!!!) many know that this theme has both the source material and also a giant fan base to be a great pin. But with licensing and whatnot, I personally don't want this to be another SW Pro. Yes I just played a SW Pro for an hour tonight and still have a lot of fun with it, but there's been what now, 4-5 Star Wars pins now, and none of them can claim to be the outright best?

Harry Potter, if it ever becomes a pin, won't have that luxury to go through 4-5 iterations across 3-4 manufacturers. If there's any shot, the first shot needs to be the best (and probably only) shot... and for that, I personally hope Harry Potter doesn't go to Stern, and goes exclusively to JJP, even if that means I won't be able to own one NIB.

I'd rather this title get the pin it deserves, and maybe play it at a friend's house or on location, than be a stripped down title where the Pro has a wand on a spring that has a tip that lights up, and a "he-who-shall-not-be-named" as a stationary figure with a kickback coil underneath.

Sorry Stern, you've made a lot of pins I love to play, especially lately, but that's because they're real good shooters (*cough IMDN, SW, & AS cough*) but theme integration isn't your forte, and for the theme of all themes that deserves immersion, I hope JJP gets this one... but if you've somehow secured this one, can you please make the Premium not suck, and at least somewhat worth the cost???

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-harry-potter?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.