Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8058D1C-8FC3-49D7-85CF-3E77A7E2EBE1 (resized).jpeg
    JJP (resized).JPG
    Harry Potter.jpg
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
    Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the-nerds-11732616-950-534 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images-3 (resized).jpeg
    erBaSE16H9fe3K7fz9b1rdSKQbU (resized).jpg
    415ed887b01504af430d2d73e4a347d967985017 (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    F050BEE8-6F4A-4E35-AFB9-7F66B1CA924C (resized).jpeg
    hp (resized).png
    Vernon Dursley.png
    Harry Potter Hype.jpg
    Harry Potter..jpg
    hogwarts (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

If this does come to fruition, I think they missed out on the Harry Potter hype by like 5 or more years if they wanted to appeal to the casual crowd, but with the Cursed Child being in theaters, there has been a resurgence in popularity.
    Still, Harry Potter is basically a religion for some people, so regardless, it would likely be successful.

Yes and no. The original child readers of the HP books are now in their 30's (books started in 1997). This would be a good time to sell pins to them.

#65 5 years ago

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think a game focused on the Universal ride with Quiddich thrown in would make a much better machine than something bloated with 8 movies. You could add most of the main characters and the objectives would be fairly straight forward with the opportunity to be creative. There are over 4500 pages and about 20 hours of movie to cover. Doesn't make sense to comprise all of that material on a 3-10 minute game without being very confusing.

2 weeks later
    #128 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I thought it was one of the better movies in that universe. I liked the story and mostly that they actually did magic consistently the whole film opposed to the Potter films where you get like 3ish spells the whole movie.

Fantastic Beasts would make a much better pinball machine than all 9 (gulp) Harry Potter movies jammed into one 5 minute game. Very good movie and better story telling than what they crammed into some of those HP movies.

2 weeks later
    #192 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here ya go, The Hobbit is a great pin Yes we know you hate it, lol. Too bad ya sold it before the last several updates as it truly is a new game. Code support can heavily change how enjoyable a game can become and JJP came through with Hobbit code support big time. After the recent round of updates I now enjoy playing Hobbit over my WOZ. Also, it doesn't matter either how cool a layout appears if the code support isn't there.
    Seeing what JJP did with The Hobbit is why I want them over Stern to make Harry Potter as they will do the theme justice. However, at this point I just want someone makes the game. If Stern does end up getting the Harry Potter licence I hope they are able to obtain both actor audio and actor video licenses from the films.

PanzerFreak is so awesome. "CSCMTP" is a Pinsider who bought the Hobbit on early code, proclaimed his love for the game and then sold it before the updates made it whole. Now cscmpt trolls Pinside to let everyone know he NOW hates the game and infects every Hobbit thread. Total hypocrite douchebag but PanzerFreak called him out. Thanks PF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-harry-potter?tu=Rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.