Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8058D1C-8FC3-49D7-85CF-3E77A7E2EBE1 (resized).jpeg
    JJP (resized).JPG
    Harry Potter.jpg
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
    Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the-nerds-11732616-950-534 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images-3 (resized).jpeg
    erBaSE16H9fe3K7fz9b1rdSKQbU (resized).jpg
    415ed887b01504af430d2d73e4a347d967985017 (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    F050BEE8-6F4A-4E35-AFB9-7F66B1CA924C (resized).jpeg
    hp (resized).png
    Vernon Dursley.png
    Harry Potter Hype.jpg
    Harry Potter..jpg
    hogwarts (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

It makes more sense that they would purseue Fantastic Beasts as a theme. Same universe, new movie coming out. More current.

2 weeks later
    #125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Just look at this primo bookshelf space at target.
    [quoted image]

How did that Danielle Steel novel sneak in there?

The only thing that would bother my OCD about Stern making HP is that Stern is a US based company so we would end up with the American titled Sorcerer's Stone mode instead of the original Philosopher's Stone mode.

#154 5 years ago

I've read the books multiple times. I've even read the entire series of books aloud to my kids before they could read on their own (they are in grade 2 and 4 now). The first, let's say 3 books, are more for children but as you read deeper the subject matter becomes darker. Much darker. Back stories are revealed, characters die, characters are tortured. Then there's the entire comparison to a 'dark power' taking over the world. Sound familiar? The entire series has some deep, dark undertones and you can't help but make comparison's with Earth's history. Yes, there are corny bits. The first book/movie should not be a reference for your entire opinion. I would say everything really picks up at book 5, with the movies picking up at 3. Deathly Hallows is the culmination of everything. The movies for this book really capture everything right. The foreboding, the hopelessness, the weight on the oppressed.

My point being, HP is not for everyone. However, if you do want to form a solid, valid opinion, read the entire series, or watch all of the movies. Yes there are some stinker moments, but every series has these. Does no one remember Star Wars Episode I? Imagine this was the first Star Wars movie you ever watched. Would you form an opinion on the entire Star Wars saga because you thought pod racing was stupid? No.

The short of it is I would buy a HP pinball machine because I enjoyed the books. I enjoyed the movies. My kids enjoyed them both. My wife enjoyed them both. Our family is all in and it would be a pin I could honestly buy with near minimal arguments from my spouse. This is coming from someone who's into pinball while his wife frown's on every pin I bring into the house.

I hope JKR changes her opinion.

1 week later
    #177 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I heard there were some bad reviews of the new fantastic beasts movie coming out.....I’ll stick to my Nastilgic memories of the original series

Bah! I'm seeing it on Sunday and I'll form my own opinions of it. I haven't always agreed with reviews.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-harry-potter?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.