(Topic ID: 198485)

Attention! Virus e-mails being sent from Stern Pinball spoofed e-mails!

By capguntrooper

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fliperz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.03.52 (resized).png
probably dangerous (resized).jpg
0195046D-413C-4181-B7DF-9D5D5FE9E3C0 (resized).jpeg
~.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot_2017-10-10-12-39-38 (resized).png
38294750-B8EC-4BB9-BDDE-227AEAAA2AC2 (resized).png
well-why-dont-you-cry-about-it (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.40.36 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.12.46 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170926-113801.jpg
zzzzzzvirus (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 2.57.11 PM (resized).png
vt2 (resized).png
vt (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 11.09.22 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 11.08.57 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

yeah, typical 'scraping the address book' infection somewhere. So now the spammers will be sending all kinds of emails with the from lines forged to all their contacts.

1 week later
#48 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

OH MY! It appears Patrick Powers is comfortable enough with me to call me Dear. How sweeeeeeeeeet.

Are you even looking at the headers to see if they are coming from Stern mail servers?

We all know once the names/contacts are harvested, spoofing will go on for ages even after the original target is cleaned up.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

All the follow on emails are spoofing yes, it does not matter if they are coming from Stern or not. This thread serves as a warning that fellow pinside members may receive an email like this and to NOT open it or the links.
See original email for details, AGAIN Stern was hacked, this was confirmed and people who were in Sterns email lists are subject to a cyber threat. It is fine if you want to follow the "What difference does it make anymore" mentality, but I will continue to promote awareness to fellow pinside members here in order to prevent their cyber threats against them.

What are you the white knight here to save people? Looking for a trophy? You made the awareness... the thread is out there. The sloppy reporting, loose terminology, etc just comes across as hyper. I shade from calling it hysteria because you claim to have some background, but this is getting ridiculous.

You keep saying "confirmed by stern!"

What, that maybe one or more people got some malware? Or was it their infrastructure was compromised? Yet you keep trying to save the world from this "confirmed hack"

Please stop abusing the word

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

LMAO! Bruh, we get it. Go back to your Stern Army. Quit being a keyboard warrior and grow a set and call capguntrooper a liar since that is what you are hinting at. If cap said he got a call from Pat Powers I will take him at his word, the guy is still in the Army and just got back from Afghanistan for like his 5th time or something. What have you done in your life that would earn you the consideration he deserves? I am going to take him at his word when he said he talked to Pat, if you want to man up and call him a liar go for it, but cap's track record here has been nothing but helpful here and you are just trying to stir the pot and talk smack SJW. I for one appreciate the heads up Capguntrooper, keep on keepn on bro.

You aren't even understanding the conversation

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No one said you're a liar. So far you're just a little hysterical about some common malware. If you continue to repeat bad information now that you've been told the correct information then you would be a liar. Ignorance is easily remedied with some education but it's up to you to fix it.

Reminds me of everyone saying they got hacked when someone copies their Facebook profile . Repeating bad information doesn't improve it. But hey that's what they were told! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hacked-do-not-open-invoice-emails-from-stern?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.