(Topic ID: 237207)

Stern Got The Harry Potter Pinball License (Speculation)

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stonecold.gif
    Potter (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Better than Matrix I guess

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The playfield is basically vacant. I'd call that severely lacking considering how full and rich the Star Wars universe is. No amount of code can fix that.

Not if you're in to shiny light up toys more than playing pinball that's true.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

If Stern does it the game will be based on the first 1/2 of the first movie and will contain no actual clips or audio from the movie.

True the clips in JJPOTC are stunning.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LE's are $9500...

Havn't they gone up each time or is that just the standards?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think the prices did go up a bit, so I guess it's possible. If it is though I think they are going to price themselves out of the market.

Standards have gone up $500 each release I believe, that's what worries me.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if Willy Wonka ends up costing $9k for a standard and $10k for an LE or if we see JJP produce a lower cost game with less features yet still retain the JJP quality, code depth, high quality animations, etc.

This release from POTC seems close, so I'm wondering if they keep the price the same.
    I'd love to see a lower price from JJP, I can only afford one so I would never own 2 at the same time..of course I'm not their target market anyway.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

For people that dont like the game or don't understand it watch Jack....

Sadly it will never add more toys to the playfield and thus their little tears will never go away. Not even Jack Danger videos can repair a ruined childhood.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I really couldn’t care less about Harry Potter, but let’s keep in mind that both Stern and JJP have had stinkers with strong licenses, so...

Does Hobbit even count as a "Strong License?" Besides the nerds that sleep under Tolkin bed sheets at night, the movies are pretty universally accepted as luke warm.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

It's no WWE, amirite?

I keep telling him to take that off his list and not mention it... It's hard to take seriously.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-got-the-harry-potter-pinball-license?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.