(Topic ID: 237207)

Stern Got The Harry Potter Pinball License (Speculation)

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stonecold.gif
    Potter (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

While this obviously has some strong chance of being true given the source, I hope it's not. I was hoping for JJP to get the HP license. I like stern games, but HP is such a vast universe that it needs the JJP treatment to be done the right way. Deep rules and code, long ball times, similar to WOZ and JJP POTC. This would be a grail theme for me too, but if it's in the hands of Stern and not JJP, it won't get proper justice done to it.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

JJP would've made a helluva game but we wouldn't see it for years and the LE would be over $10k.

The LE's are $9500, and worth every penny, given how much you are getting. And JJP is now not announcing games until very close to ship time, learning from their past mistakes.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Havn't they gone up each time or is that just the standards?

I think the prices did go up a bit, so I guess it's possible. If it is though I think they are going to price themselves out of the market.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I can't read a book playing pinball so I don't really care about a having one in the playfield.
    It's fine if you want to wait, but if the license was just acquired, and JJP already has Wonka and GNR in the pipeline, Daniel Radcliffe will look like Gandalf by the time the JJP version comes out.
    Any yes JJP puts time and effort, but their games are just not as fun as Sterns. I've tried them all. Dialed In is their best, and I could not get rid of it fast enough. Lasted 10 days. Great layout, except for the 100% flawed SIM card shot. Everything else was sub par.

You haven’t actually played hobbit then. You’re not reading an actual book. It’s displaying basic things like current qualified story mode, time remaining. Literally only have to glance at it for half a second.

And I disagree with you about JJP vs Stern. I have yet to play a stern that is as good as WOZ or POTC. That doesn’t mean I don’t like Stern. I own GotG and have ST on the way.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Oh I have. It shoots...is "boringly" a word? It's was a mashup of multiple designers and it shows. Maybe a WOZ layout with Hobbit code and I'd probably like it.

I assumed since you said you "didn't have time to read a book" that you hadn't actually played hobbit, since anyone who has played hobbit knows that phrase does not apply. Which detracts from any constructive opinion you might have otherwise conveyed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-got-the-harry-potter-pinball-license?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.