(Topic ID: 150461)

Stern going LCD potentially devalue current DMD games going forward?

By kpg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Devalue_(resized).jpg
    Nelli_(resized).jpg
    pin_values_(resized).jpg
    neptune_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linkage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

I can see huge potential with LCD screens in the future. Imagine WiFi capabilities to upload scores to internet "cloud" servers to compete geographically with other players (based on the same rule sets), multiplayer enabled games where you play at the same time as someone else online, etc. Sure, it would take IT infrastructure to happen, but this would definitely represent a new generation pinball machine and appeal to the current generation of smartphone and tablet kids.
    Does pinball need to make that shift? No. But imagine the simplicity and timeless gameplay of pinball, combined with a hi-res LCD that can have mini games and other features, with current generation technology- which could really change a lot of things. Sure, its way down the road- and would probably cost too much to actually implement (because I truly don't think people want to pay more than current asking prices for NIB games, which is already sky high) - but technology never ceases to innovate, so I cannot completely rule that out. Moving to LCD's opens the doors to many other potential avenues of innovation with pinball machines.

This. I feel the right LCD game with the right theme would be massively commercially viable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linkage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-going-lcd-potentially-devalue-current-dmd-games-going-forward?tu=Linkage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.