• Halloween/U-Man 44 votes
    21%
  • So unfair 19 votes
    9%

(206 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

451B826D-9794-41AF-83EE-57EEE5246A5D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

What is better an apple or an orange?

I will bite into this juicy discussion.

For me Godzilla theme does not resonate. I never could watch the movies longer than ten minutes and to me seems like a dated franchise. I have to admit I had no idea the TOHO following was so large, and I had no idea what the Godzilla geeks were talking about with battling different monsters,etc. So I passed on theme alone. In terms of gameplay and layout it looks like a fun shooter. I like how Elwin captures all of the real estate and takes advantage of every square inch. I like that he uses unique ramp configurations with unique returns,etc. His innovation is really impressive and his designs help Stern get away from the cookie cutter layouts they have been teased about. I would like to get some time on Godzilla before I can truly judge it but for me it looks really similar to Avengers and looks to have that Elwin vibe to it. I love Avengers as a theme but Elwins Avengers has not struck a cord with me yet. I did not care for the cartoony art-big turn off. Then I thought the layout and ramps were epic until I played twenty plus games on it. It quickly got repetitive for me and I would need to own one to try and even get a gem or two(without it getting stolen!). For an expert pro player it is great but having it on 5 ball, with everything set to easy and still not able to progress significantly gets old quick. Hoping Godzilla does not feel like Avengers and feel repetitive? Not sure how many times I could hear BOC song during multi-ball without it getting old quick? I do think Godzilla will do well for operators and is a good game to launch the new platform with. At the end of the day it is still all about the operators and Godzilla should be a great game for operators.

Halloween theme for me is such a classic. Who does not know about Michael Myers?(probably the best horror franchise out there). I was sold on Halloween from day one and the unique layout is what sold me. The side target banks with Michael peering out from hedges captures the theme, the movie and gets rid of the standard side bank from most games-refreshing. The subways to the slings are something new and refreshing as well. The layout is unique with two uppers and has you really trying to nail the shots to progress. The art is off the charts and the topper they included really tops it off. The lights, sounds and call-outs are already good and getting better. I think this game is one of Spooky's best games made.

Ultraman I cannot comment on because I have no connection to theme and have not been following.

I think if you like AIQ, you will really like Godzilla, and if you are looking for something that plays nothing like traditional Stern's then may like Halloween/Ultra? Do you like apples or do you like oranges?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 16.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-vs-halloween-u-man?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.