Stern Godzilla premium - Building Hit Opto (switch 52) not working

By Andyj965

11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hi All,

My Godzilla recently developed an issue with the building hit opto no longer working. I've had the pin for 3 months and for most of that it worked fine but now it doesn't register in test mode.

When I checked under the playfield the wiring to this opto was quite tight so it may just need the soldering to be fixed. Can anyone point me to instructions on the best way to remove the optos?

From what I can see I would need to remove the two powerline switches at the front of the building (47 & 48) which would allow me to lower the bracket for the optos but I would also need to unscrew the plastic attached to the top which has the bridge in the way. I just want to make sure I don't start taking things apart that don't need to come apart.

Thanks

#2 11 months ago

It actually ended up being very straight forward. You just need to remove the nut holding the wireform in place in front of the building as well as the nut on the other side of the clear plastic protector on the other side of the front of the building. Remove the two powerline switches and remove the screws for the opto bracket. The plastics slide off and you can get to the screws holding on the optos.

I think I still removed more than I might have to but the opto bracket didn't want to slide out easily with the optos still connected.

But after reflowing the solder the issue is still there so it looks like a faulty opto

3 weeks later
#3 10 months ago

Hey @andyj965, did you figure this out? We're dealing with a bogus 52 as well...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-premium-building-hit-opto-switch-52-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.