gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

My GZLE was left on the porch- no driver, no signature. Shouldn't be.

You phrased that completely wrong.

What you should be doing is phoning your distributor asking where your machine is. When they say it's been delivered ask for a POD.

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Is anyone else getting SDTM balls on right ramp shots that dont make it all the way up? What is anyone doing about it?

Yes happens quite often on mine - the cure is to make sure you shoot the ramp fully

2 months later
#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Oh my bad. I thought I drained one of those posts. It’s not showing on my phone. Hmm. Weird.
I was trying to go back and add a quote instead of just replying.
Anywho…I thought the IC would keep up with consecutive but it doesn’t seem too. Only up to 5 it seems. I was gonna look there. Oh well. Glad you believe me. Ha
[quoted image]

But there is a consecutive loop champion high score on the machine itself.

4 weeks later
#8471 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Same. I was dead set on getting this mod then saw KME mention that it was deliberate so changed my mind.

More importantly he said that this game needs to be checked for level at the TOP of the playfield by the building itself - not being level at the top of the playfield has more of an impact than any other machine. Get on your hands and knees and adjust those rear leg levellers, not just the front.

1 month later
#9573 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've always wondered- if the bubble level is worthless, why does Stern keep putting one on games? Seems like they could save some money by removing something nobody uses (or could put that towards something else).

I set the machine up to how it plays the way I want it to. THEN adjust the plastic level itself so that the bubble is in the middle. That way when I move it or take it to comps I know that the bubble can be trusted when setting it up the way I want.

#9574 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like other Elwin games, you just have to make shots it seems and good things will happen.
Watch Karl’s game. I believe by the end he was getting DJPs with like an 8x multiplier.
I don’t think there’s any sort of billion point shot or anything in this, so it’s more about doing well in everything so that later the stuff is worth way more.

I've had a score a smidgen under 6Bil and another just over 5Bil. Normally, I'd class a good score around 1.5Bil.

It seems that ball length time does exponentially increase score, as a lot of progress resets when you lose the ball. To simplify, it's better to have a game were ball lengths are 1min, 1min & 13min as opposed to 3 balls each lasting 5min.

On my 6Bil game I had the DJP up to 12x and had a shot for that with a base value of 42mil - as it happens that was my lost shot as I missed and it went SDTM. I also completed Planet X. I had a GZ mb of over 650mil and a Rodan of over 1Bil. I did play well, but I've had games when I've made it to Planet X but didn't score much over 2Bil.
It just all needs to come together on a single ball for that exceptional score.

4 weeks later
#10491 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

It’s definitely unpopulated. However I don’t have to return the old one. So I’ll have it should the issue get worse. Or for a restore years down the road.

Or more likely sell it.

3 weeks later
#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

In all seriousness... I have noticed improvements on the games I use them on. I do tend to play long periods of time (1-3 hours usually) sometimes back to back to back on the same machine. If you are playing a game and moving on to another machine, you probably won't notice anything unless your games are long (30+ minutes from start of cold machine). It also may be a little difficult to "feel" flipper fade in a lot of cases, because the game still works, just the flipper timing is altered slightly.

Exactly this.

I've installed them on both GZ and AIQ. I can notice fade from as little as half an hour play, often on the very first game from turning on.

A lot of people won't notice the fade and just think that they've mistimed the shot - and only start to notice it when they can't make a ramp. I'm confident that I'm a good enough player to be able to know whether I've hit the shot in the same place/time as previous shots and know when there's a deteriation in the flipper strength.

They've been a godsend on both the machines I've fitted them on, but haven't needed them on any other games I've owned.

As it happens was at a league meet just yesterday and after 4 hours of play, GZ was having a real struggle in making the right ramp, not ideal as a rejection often led to a SDTM.

I do wonder if using a more powerful coil, on a lower setting would improve the fade, but no doubt people would still turn the power up to max and have the ball flying around so fast that airballs and broken plastics would be an issue.

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The electrical resistance that happens as the coil heats up that causes fade will still happen on the larger coil, so you'll still get fade. With a larger coil you leave the power up so even when it's faded quite a bit it still has enough power to mostly work, but in that case the coil is overpowered in the beginning before fade and you can break stuff over time from harder hits earlier in the game.
If you get a larger coil installed and turn down the power, you're in about the same boat as a stock coil with stock power. It will still fade, and while you CAN open the coin door between balls to turn up the power when that starts, it's not ideal.

I wasn't sure whether an 'overpowered' coil on half settings would heat up (and fade) quicker or slower than a 'lowerpowered' coil on full settings.

Your fans do the job incredibly well in maintaining desired strength.

2 weeks later
#11793 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Funny you say that. I usually like to warm up on other games, then come to GZ to finish the night. I like to end on a rush.

I wouldn't want to play a Rush at any time.

#11798 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a shame. It’s a great game.

I've played it numerous times but can't get on with it at all. I find it repetitive and boring, and that's without mentioning the music. But not everyone likes the same machines, which is good - although it does appear that almost everyone loves Godzilla

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=wjxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.