IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
20240405_122647 (resized).jpg
20240402_174502 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4201 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The holes on the blue rubber are oval? so looks to me on a hit all the stress transfers immediately to the clip and eventually breaks the insertion feet. Unreal. I turned my flipper power way down as I don't like lightning fast play, maybe that will save mine. But I imagine stern will just give you a new clip and posts, do you think the screws weren't really tight from the get go? Could that have helped?

#4208 2 years ago

Whatever size hex nut it is inlaid into the metal you should be able to get the same size bolt head and run it through the opposite way and put a airplane nut on the outside of the rubber clip, I'm going to look at mine tonight and see if that's possible.

#4210 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the color difference here between the inbeaded nuts on the right to the ones in the left the other pic another person posted looks the same as yours. It as if the left side never had nuts to begin with in your mech- like that material wasn't stamped out to make room for the nuts.... I just checked mine and can visibly see nuts on the left side and they are shiny not dull looking. Maybe a manufacturer goof? Or lighting? If it had nothing to really thread into it explains why the clip broke

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm hoping there is something released for the button activated atomic heat breath. So far it's not very fun to use. Maybe some side blades that sequence or flash blue?
Or maybe a modder can release something after a code update?
Just seems lacking compared to how awesome the rest of the game is with the exception of the cheap ufo plastic.

I'm with you, there no reason they can't code all of the RGB lights in the game to start flashing blue on the way up the playfield like it's charging up or something,

#4462 2 years ago

Guys, the speakers are fine. You are wasting money.

#4473 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

The speakers sound like shit, and the bass is barely present. The reason I asked the question is that the sound is so bad/mediocre I thought something might be wrong with it. Maybe my Mom got lemons, but they rasp and rip like a Wal-Mart speaker display. And I'm wasting money by trying the 4-ohm setting

Just touching on the guys who immediately replace the speakers, I have never thought the spike audio quality wasn't good. Infact it's much better stock than any other pinball system.

#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Clearly you haven’t heard Spooky or JJP then. Both embarrass the Stern audio by a huge margin!

That's just because the sound rotates in the opposite direction down under ya know.

#4580 2 years ago

Ahhh the inevitable "justify your pro purchase" part of the thread has arrived. Let's keep it to a
single page this time.

#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from Daveyj73:

Hello everyone, I just received my GZ premium today. Playing a few game. I’m noticing my upper left flipper is pretty “soft”I’ve set it at 172 power in the flipper setting. Default is 160. My bottom left and right clippers were set at default 240 left/230 right. Curious if anyone has made any adjustments to the upper flipper coil adjustment and have had improvement, and if your bottom flipper were set balance or not. Thanks

I turned my bottom ones down 10 points each, top one I left alone. Game shoots a bit smoother for me. Game is 6.5⁰ just play with it until you like it. I usually bump the slingshots down a tad too

#4992 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Played the Pro for an hour today. The code seems a unfinished. No clear objective or goals. The shot to left ramp is a bit too tight imo. The scoop shot is right on the end of the flipper. I finally started a mode in Toyko and brought in the Godzilla MB. Still never finished the mode. 4 left ramps and 4 right. Tough game to get going. Never did get Mechzilla Mode going even after hit that spinner multiple games.
The start screen should tell you what your trying to accomplish. Save cities? Destroy cities? Kill aliens. Tanks do what? The Ray does what? Am I Godzilla?
Avengers is a superior Keith Elwin game IMO.

Play better

#5167 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Need to narrow the scope of the cooling for it to have any realistic effect. Otherwise, the air is just moving around like a convection oven.

Not true and also ridiculous, the only sources of real heat in that cabinet are the flipper and magnet coils, I bet it would take 24 hours or more to saturate the cabinet with hot air just from those little coils on constant full blast, and that's assuming the cab was air tight. The air near the coils is stagnant and saturated with heat- heat transfer from the coil to air slows to a crawl and builds heat within the coil faster, moving around air will help, A 6inch fan would work splendidly, we've done it on select wpc games during tournaments the results are there

#5230 2 years ago

You can literally just loosen your screws on your top of your building and swivel the plastics just so to where they exit a little more left you might get about a 1/16 difference at most but that's all you need.

#5231 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in a backbox flasher mod for the PREMIUM only- includes shipping. Here's my humble little mod. It's plug and Play, easy bracket install in back box with existing screws, it uses a control board to go off the spinner switch input-(or any switch you choose)so you can program different effects(it will come preprogrammed), and later if you wish easily add more flashers in parallel, for instance on the playfield near Godzilla, behind his breathe, ect. individually fused and uses the un-used 12v power connector in the backbox, no power what so ever drawn from a node board, LE and pro not available yet. It looks amazing especially if you play with the backbox lights dimmed.

If interested PM me and I'll get a list together I'm waiting for parts to come in. Price is $65

#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’d love to see footage of this while the back box is lit.

There's no point, it only looks good with the backbox dimmed and is designed as such. I use 5%power in standard adjustment 92. If you don't do this I recommend it anyway. It reduces glare on the glass by a large margin. When my parts come in I'll activate the store I made.

#5496 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

Have some respect for yourself bud. That is just hideous.

#5561 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

looks great. like it should be included in a 7k game . now all you get is a superbright led from a tiny main board /
these games went up in pricing and now can't even give you interactive backbox Lighting anymore that you have to buy from modders..Lol Cheap arse Stern .

Look inside a Pro GOTG where's the beef.. Tell me this Looks Expensively made and should be upwards of 6 to 7 k ? HOMEPINS YAY / Sterns Stock Prices should have Risen considerably being they are Gouging consumers [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah yeah we know. Call bally/Williams and see what their next game is..oh wait.

#5697 2 years ago
Quoted from Terpslurps:

Is anyone else having an issue with balls getting stuck behind the jump ramp? It looks like the jump ramp is aiming a little left, if I could rotate it clockwise just a bit, it would solve the issue

Yep, I just let the ball search take care of it usually it comes loose with the pop bumper fire.

#5902 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I have 5 Sterns and all have Stern shakers. It's not to say that Pinball Life are bad or wrong, or will do anything to your machine etc.(they are probably coming out of the same factory in China and may be exactly the same) But there is only a $10-$25 difference in price depending on where you get them. But again to each there own, funds accessibility etc. - I don't honestly think one is any better than the other or put you at any greater risk of trouble with your machine etc.
Something to note about the Stern shakers though - they come with 2 ferrite isolation blocks, some wire ties for a clean install, and an inline capacitor that says it helps with mysterious triggering of the tilt bob with the shaker installed. HOWEVER - not all Sterns need the inline capacitor as noted in their newer shaker install instructions.
Given the extra stuff and Stern may void a warranty - it may not be worth saving the $10-$25.. JMO

Stern: do you have a shaker installed?
Me: no.

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Got a response back from Stern today, they claim they have two different distributors for the back orbit and some are flush and some not like the one in my machine.

They must have two different distributors for the left blue rubber of death attachment in the building too. This would explain why some people are having problems and some people are not

1 month later
#8117 2 years ago

I was having magna grab "fails" due to glancing and powerful hits bouncing off too hard but they were dead on. I change my "magnet pulse delay" from 32 to 22. And it grabbed direct super strong hits like 10 in a row and few strong glancing shots, I would imagine this will run the magnet hotter but I have a DYI fan kit on mine so I'm not worried about that, just beware.

1 month later
#9248 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Got my machine on Friday, and Saturday morning the scoop eject mechanism failed. I ran tests on it, and I can't get the coil to fire. The ball detection switch works, so I am wondering what the potential cause could be. The solder joint looks a little weak but still complete, and the cover is no longer on it.
Here are a few pictures of the area. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See how the wire is attached to the rivet on the left side? on the right side it looks like the playfield was dropped on something maybe at the factory and it popped the wire off the rivet and bunched it up on the lug, you need to reattach it make sure the coil lead is attached thru to the lug, the bright bronze color is insulation you may have to strip some off and resolder. Essentially that lug is not connected to the coil now.... At least that's what it looks like to me.

Screenshot_20220403-162009~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220403-162009~2 (resized).png

#9249 2 years ago

Look closely you can just make out the wire line where it used tobe good luck.

Screenshot_20220403-163216~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220403-163216~2 (resized).png
#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Would a giant blob of solder be the best fix for that? If it is running on a single small strand of wiring, that seems a little not smart, if it needs to be connected to run.

Extend out the wire that's all bent up and resolder to rivet, check top side for broken coil lead and resolder if necessary, I re read your post, if it was working Friday.... You probably did that resting the playfield too far forward. Were you installing mods or something?

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Call your distributor, explain to them the problem and have Stern send you a new coil.

Unnecessary, It's easily fixable.

#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

That’s not right. Did you do a continuity check on this wire … while you wiggle it.
[quoted image]

That black wire ultimately is not connected to the coil see the previous page towards the end I circled it in red he banged this coil on something, most likely on the lockdown bar receiver?probably installing mods or maybe the factory did it and it shaved off the lead from the rivet, all he has to do is reconnect the coil lead to the lug.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

My scoop ejector got fixed by connecting a single strand to the coil lug. It looks all of the coils in the machine are connected to the respective lugs by a single strand. Seems like a potential quality issue where ever there is a coil.

No it's not. All coils in all games are like that. You damaged yours installing mods. It has visible physical damage, It was clearly user error. And you are welcome btw.

1 week later
#9698 2 years ago

Finally cracked that bill.

Still haven't gotten planet x. Ebiruh beat my ass, forgot to use my heat ray on the left spinner I'm bad at. Game is firing on all cylinders, all hail ELWIN.

Screenshot_20220413-174703 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220413-174703 (resized).png
#9759 2 years ago

Shoot I had to turn my flippers down same with my avengers, both of the games were tearing themselves up on factory default. My line voltage is 125 shouldn't make that much of a difference with the regulated power supply tho

#9766 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Thanks.
Extra Balls:
Extra balls are instantly awarded once any of the below tasks have been achieved.
Conquer 2 Cities
Collect 5 City Combos
Destroy 3 Saucers
Destroy 10 Jet Fighters
Make 15 shots during Monster Rampage the first time
Like I said. 3 and 4 are the only ones I can achieve. 1 2 and 5 are stupid hard on the Pro.

Conquering a city is just beating a tier one monster in two separate cities right?

#9834 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, oddly, it's only been the LEFT side that this issue seems to occur on. What the hell are they doing? lol....

If you look at some pictures of people that have had the issue compared to people that haven't-you can see some sort of color difference in the steel on the left side my guess is they had two different vendors for the building or two different vendors for the steel for the building probably lower grade steel on the left side where the screws attached.

#9902 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Was your game NIB or previous owner? You might want to go into setting and check the VUK power for the building. If it's default setting try increasing it in small increments of like "10" and see how it pans out.

I turned mine down a bit actually.

Quoted from rob3:

On the VUK, I took the power down I think 10-20 notches and it fixed it. Went from 1/5 fails to 1/20.
I’ve also dropped both flippers power a bit. I find the lower power on the left makes the ball fly off mecha godzillas belly less and also makes the right scooper easier to hit.

Same here, worked for me too

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Well I do have a warped playfield.
[quoted image]
Stern will take care of me though.

Man oh man. I feel your pain. I had a GB with a warped playfield with middle higher than the sides- almost a 1/4" out. It was impossible to play. Sent out-PF I got back had WORSE WARP. they finally hooked me up but damn it was painful.

#9957 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Scored a Bandi Mecha. 5.5 inch tall. How do I secure it? Screws in to feet?
[quoted image]

Outdoor 3M pads cut to fit his feet!

#10031 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ok a few questions for those who have had their GZs for a bit. Lining all of my stuff up for July and containing excitement as best I can.
1.) Should I get the Pinmonk quiet fan? Is the stock Stern one that loud?
2.) What color plastic protectors or none at all (just the slinghots/lanes…I’m leaning yellow or green)
3.) Dumb question but my first NIB…do you wax a new playfield before playing?
4.) PBL or Stern shaker? I had a Roadshow and that shaker was insane. Wife hated it. I’d prefer toned down over foundation rattling.
Thanks!

One two and three = a resounding no. number four get a pinball life shaker

#10134 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Congrats on your game! I am playing the crap out of mine this past week.
Just to note your issues have nothing to do with Stern. The entire machine is ran though before shipping to ensure it works before it goes in the box. Judging by the damage to the box I think your machine got dropped or something high impact that both damaged your lockbar and also knocked that flipper switch out of place.

This is most certainly bullshit. They do not test every game when I got a walking Dead all of the molex plugs in the bottom of the cabinet were unplugged and still wrapped up together where they couldn't reach each other indicating they were never plugged in, Ghostbusters I had a missing cat5 from node to the next, among other issues.

Mishandling did not cause that flipper switch to swivel off the button, it was drilled in like that chico.

#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Right....maybe Stern ripped the box and bent the lock bar too....

Seen that on a new rush too flawless cardboard box chico. Keep defending stern lol.

Love stern games but they have normal manufacturing issues like any other.

1 month later
#11855 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Get lost. And I will be sure to state my opinion again son. Don’t be a disrespectful douche. Expecting moderation notice in 3.2.1

Shut up. You didn't actually prefer the pro, you made a conscious choice to save money. You would trade your pro for a premium straight up and you know it.

#11894 1 year ago
Quoted from tripledrain:

I would not trade my Pro for a Premium.

Liar

#11935 1 year ago

How the heck do I select a new city after defeating two kiaju? Do I have to complete the tier two mode it throws at me? I just want Todo planet x

#11937 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You need to play the tier 2 modes in the other cities. If you don’t like them, then just get out really quick.

? Can you choose a different city when a tier two starts? Didn't see anything

#11939 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

No, you need to play the tier 2 first. If you want to get out of each to reach Planet X, then here is what you do:
King G - This is my favorite to play. You only need to finish one of the five lit shots before the scoop lights to collect the value. Easiest would be the building. First shot is green, second yellow, and red third. Shoot the scoop to end it.
Tier 2 mb mode - Forget the characters but it is the second choice. It’s a mb so just keep draining until you have one ball left on a trapped flipper.
Third Tier 2 - This is a switch hit and collect mode. If you have chromecandy juiced spinners, should only take one rip of the heat ray or mecha spinner. If you have mine or most routed games, you’re looking at two to three rips. Shoot the red building shot to flee and end the mode.
This is the safest way to Planet X, but don’t miss out on these modes if you aren’t playing for Planet X. Check out last Friday’s chromecandy stream for an almost perfect king G with Rodan stack for almost half a billion!

Okay thank you for the reply so are you saying that after the tier 2 modes being completed you get to go back to the tier 1 monsters and select cities?

#11942 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yes, you’ll be able to change cites, light the scoop with the ramps, and take on another tier 1 monster. It confuses people because Tokyo only has the one tier 1 monster. Every other city has two tiers to play before advancing. Plenty of times where I had a massive carnage collect but I had to play the tier 2 first. Lost over a billion a few times by getting greedy during the tier 2 stage.

Shit, okay thanks this always confused me a bit. I'll just have to try harder I've crack a bill a few time but never two

11 months later
#21399 10 months ago

Lol, the same shitty Godzilla figure.... It doesn't even look like atomic breathe, it looks like a rain cloud.

#21624 10 months ago

Stern in a nutshell!

#21650 10 months ago

Toppers are ultimately stupid and block your game room art, sell yours today!

#21905 10 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

agreed, I know I'm the rookie in this group but it just keeps going on and on, 24hrs ok, but it's been 3 days, do I need to see the same pic twice in 5 hours of the janitor's closet version, I get it, some people are just pissed about it, but others might be looking forward to it, probably won't even speak about it on here for fear of backlash, again......

Fuck that topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=wisefwumyogwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.