IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#424 2 years ago

nm

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude the LE is a real backglass not translite. You will be able to buy a pro translite on eBay no problem (look how many are available for other games). You would be killing your LE resale value if you got rid of the backglass. Hell you can probably sell your LE backglass for $1000 and then buy a pro translite on eBay for $90

Yep, that's why I deleted my post (at least it's supposed to be deleted, sometimes the drain doesn't work). About 30 seconds after posting that I was like ah, shit, forgot the LEs come with real backglass and tinted/mirrored. I can buy a pro translite on Marco for $100ish.

#531 2 years ago

A distro told me today Stern has told him LEs are shipping this week to US locations, and all should be shipped by end of Oct. So by mid-Nov. everyone should have theirs. We only have to be jealous of Canadians for another couple weeks.

1 week later
#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Does anyone have an idea of how far into the LE run they are? I'm getting an LE and haven't heard anything yet, so I was just curious.

Me too. The distro I ordered through said he paid in full the first day the LEs were available, which is supposed to give you priority treatment, but perhaps because he's a small/new outfit they bumped him (and me) to the end of the line.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

Guessing we’re ordering from the same new dealer. I’m getting the other LE he is getting.

I assume so, yep. Funny, I was going to reach out to you about this based on something I saw you say elsewhere. Hoping we have a shipping notice by the end of the week!

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

LE arriving Friday here. Can’t wait!

Same here. I'm rescheduling my work now to have Friday afternoon off to pick up, set up, and play the shit out of it. I look forward to every new pin that comes through the door but I'm especially stoked for this one.

Speaking of picking up, I assume there's no harm in putting boxed pins on their backs? The "truck this side" side being the back, of course. I don't really want to unbox it at the distro. Normally my NIBs have come upright in box trucks, but I don't remember anything about them that would make this an issue. Heads are strapped down, balls and loose hardware are in the coinbox which is pinned to the coinbox clip, manuals/certificate are bagged and stapled to the inside wall, etc.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

If you don't mind me asking, are you getting a LE or a premium?

LE. Seemingly among the last of the LEs since it seems Premiums are starting to trickle out. Are you waiting on an LE?

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

They are not treating games during shipping.
[quoted image]

Oof, that sucks. Distro I picked up from today, all three LE boxes had multiple holes and scrapes from FedEx. Thankfully though just box damage, nothing happened to the insides. It's like getting shot but the bullet just goes through mush instead of organs.

#1768 2 years ago

What do you have your upper flipper power at? It is dialed down in factory default to 160. Bumped it to 180 but still seems weak, maybe only 10-20% of shots make it up the ramp and 60-70% have enough power to make the orbit fully. Does anyone have theirs at 200 or above? Seems like a double edged sword, jack the power up on that and hit the ramp better but then pretty hard to make consecutive orbit shots.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

First-time pin owner who is trying to get his game set up securely without going crazy. It was recommended to me to replace the factory stern rubbers. I found my way to https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5761 where there are four user-suggested kits for Godzilla Pro, each of them different (beyond just the colors or number of spares).
Would someone who understands this stuff take a look and suggest which to go with or how to assess that myself? I see each one lists different post sleeves, except one that doesn't list them at all. And I had to google to learn what a post sleeve even is. Thanks.

What was the reason someone recommended you swap every rubber out? Just swap out the black flipper and slingshot rubbers to a different color, as the dust from black rubber will make the playfield dirtier than other colors. Rubber might break here and there over the months/years, but you might as well wait in swapping them until you have to. Changing rubber on an entire playfield with modern pins can be a pain in the ass.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Not sure why people are saying not to change out the rubbers on your machine. It’s one of the first things I do and really isn’t that hard to do. Just take lots of pictures and do one section at a time. It’s also a good time to clean your machine with Novus too. Might as well install cliffys which I highly recommend to protect your Playfield while you have the game torn down.

Looking at GZ more closely just now, yeah, piece of cake to change out the rubber on this. Often it's not that easy. It's not difficult, just time consuming. TSPP, PotC, WoZ, and some others I've done were 3-4 hr. projects.

I just threw some green Titans on the lower flippers. Was gonna go red but green is perfect, it meshes with the Godzilla drawing above the flippers.

#1870 2 years ago

Set my VUK to 150 and now balls are loading on the roof very cleanly, no more rattles and re-tries.

Also finally had myself a nice game of nearly 700m just now. Starting to learn the angles.

Quoted from Looprunner:

I joined the club today with an LE!
Best game I've ever played! Although, I noticed something that occurred a couple of times. The sound completely cut out and then the game played for another 15 seconds. Then the machine reset right in the middle of the ball. Does this sound like a code issue or something else?

Hm. Not sure it's a code issue or there'd likely be a number of people in here reporting it. Are you on .80? That could be any number of things. Maybe PinMonk has some suggestions but you should probably contact Stern or your distributor on Monday. You have a lot of pins already so I assume your house power is fine.

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So there IS fade, but I will say that Stern is killing it with temperature management compared to JJP/Spooky/Multimorphic, especially for trap players. Even for non-trap players they seem to really be holding coil temps down longer lately. They'll never WIN, but looking at the widening gap between Stern and everyone else, I have to give Gomez (or whoever's responsible - I assume Gomez is involved) credit where credit is due.

Interesting. You have the numbers, but anecdotally the worst flipper fade I've seen on any of the modern machines was Stranger Things, and by a good distance. That left ramp is damn hard to make after just 20 minutes of play. Well, early Houdinis are the worst, but that was a known power supply issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.