Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txcoastal1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not the whole thing. I didn't know I posted the entire soundtrack. Although I would take the Japanese lullaby over, Nah Nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, then repeat 100 times any day.

I see a "Welk" machine in your collection in the future

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Just finished playing a couple hours on the LE and didn’t have any magnet issues.
Couldn’t make many shots I was aiming for, but the magnet was definitely not an issue!

Thanks for the update. What code are you running?

Congrats on your early arrival...waiting for an LE myself

#613 2 years ago

If Stern can get the pins on trucks....Texas distro's next week

1 week later
#1172 2 years ago

Me

Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve been in and out of this game all day long and have been super anxious about messing up the art blades. This is exactly what I need. Where did you get those?

https://nitropinball.com/products/interior-cabinet-game-blade-protector-set

#1642 2 years ago

Checking in 'Zilla LE #282 'n da' houz'!!

zilla1 (resized).jpgzilla1 (resized).jpgzilla2 (resized).jpgzilla2 (resized).jpgzilla3 (resized).jpgzilla3 (resized).jpgzilla4 (resized).jpgzilla4 (resized).jpgzilla5 (resized).jpgzilla5 (resized).jpg
#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

okay TXCOASTAL1 I have to ask is your home a David Weekly? reason I ask I just got me LE today as well and I have the same room as you on the side of the front door! I swear it was looking at the game in my house lol!

LOL...I'm not the original owner, but I believe it's Brighton Builders
...League City, TX

#1673 2 years ago

This pin is a blast...but flew an airball
next pass on the ramp got me ball caught....hate it when that happens, better than a nut check on a barbed wire fence

ramp1 (resized).jpgramp1 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpg
#1682 2 years ago

The one at the coin door is for a dollar bill mech

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sorry I'm a little slow on this death ray.....what exactly launches? I feel like I'm missing something on this.

I had to look it up too....
Heat Ray:
• Qualify by spinning the center spinner enough times. (60 for the first, 120 for the second, etc.)
• Hold the action button to “charge” the Heat Ray, to collect all lit shots (ie. Smart Missile). As soon as the meter on the display reaches 100%, it’s safe to release the button.
o The more times you use the Heat Ray, the longer you will need to hold the action button to use it.
o After using the Heat Ray, the next spinner shot will score Super Spinner points for 1 shot only. (Spinner hits worth 1 million + 100,000 points per spin)

#1866 2 years ago

wrong thread

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Why oh why can’t they move the action button near a flipper button… the only time I got the action button when balls are flying, is accidentally.

I ordered one of these for the action button

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2042 2 years ago

Call me stoopid or advise...

Heat action button by your thigh so not to mess with cabinet

Parallel circuit to action button

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wife laughs at me when I use my chin

There should have been a 3rd flipper button for the heat ray

Led Zeppelin is a single click action slap, but Godzilla you have to hold down

#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I set music attenuation minus 10 and speech attenuation plus 10. Also added powered sub.

I've got my sub, just haven't had to to hookup. Does the sub improve the game sound?

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Godzilla on pinwoofers is next level. Unreal increase in sound and clarity. Hearing sound effects I've not heard before

Most excellent, hooking up my sub on Friday...thanks for the update

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My playfield and 3 of my buddy’s playfields are all crap. Very little clear so woodgrain transfers to the surface. It’s almost like they laid down the art and then added no clear coat at all. I put a playfield protector on mine and will be adding one to one of my buddy’s as soon as it arrives.

What numbers ...curious about batches w/issues?

#2324 2 years ago

Pics just don't do it justice. The reflective foil is badazz

Also love that the flipper area of the rails are not the normal teardrop

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I must say the Tesla Towers mod is awesome!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome...mine should be coming any day then...glad you approve

Wife thinks mods are crazy...LOL. I think they are fun, and this one is cool. The burning city speaker mod Hayfarmer has if also awesome

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pedal setup works for both (or any Spike machine with a lockdown button, really). No one is holding a gun to your head to do it. Don't like it? Don't do it. simple as that.
I'm almost done with the machine so I won't even have one shortly anyway, if you're concerned for my well being. But the instructions will be posted for anyone that wants to do it to make the game more enjoyable FOR THEM.

Exactly, I have a wife, kids, and grandkids that like to play when they come over. If you don't want to use, unplug or kick the pedal under the table

#2568 2 years ago

GZ LE
After a few days of prelim' game play from the delivery...been busy so have not had time to tweak till today.

Cleaned and waxed playfield
Leveled playfield at 6.7 pitch
Swapped out the flipper bands with Titans
Installed pinwoofer and SVS SB1000
Adjusted default upper flipper from 160 to 170
Adjusted from 4ohm to 8ohm

Less drains, hitting loops from 3 to 7. Can consistently hit 3's...
just in a few games played, more concise targeting, better flipper action overall

Sounds 1000% better

Happy friggin' camper

Thanks for posting advise...

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Like an actual free standing subwoofer in your cabinet?

It's a free-standing under the machine, using the pinwoofer adapter

#2742 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ive noticed lately our game examples (avengers and Godzilla) have been tighter getting glass in and out and the glass’ height verse the front of the cabinet. It is just how the trim is mounted. I would not be much to actually contact the cabinet front while extracting the glass.

Led Zep LE is the one that scares me the most, it's very tight. Feel more comfortable with removing the GZ LE

#3003 2 years ago

When you combine a sub, and the shaker, you really elevate the game as Godzilla walking through your room
Killer!!! add them....You won't regret

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My tail whip is 50-50, I don’t care as it’s easy to control either way

Call me stupid but what exactly is the tail whip. Is it directional? I had a great game and in total 1 tail whip...(great game for me w/350mil)...I still suck...don't judge me LOL

Still asking about tail whip incase I have an issue with a switch etc...

Thanks in advance

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The insert that says tail whip points to the lane above mechagodzilla (also the shooter lane exit).
It's my understanding that if you make an upper loop and chain it into the tailwhip shot, that you score double.

Lol...I'm trying to figure out where it is in the upper playfield....I was miles away

Thanks man...still laughing at myself

#3216 2 years ago

If Stern, AP, Spooky etc could get all their parts they would build. They need the production and the money too.
You think that basically re-tooling for backorders is efficient? That causes a disruption and extra labor...it's a build what you have, then regroup almost weekly. Sometimes you don't even know what your getting until you open the box.

I'm an integrator and I can't complete projects. Some of my parts are taking 6 months plus to get for small projects. Many of the big construction projects that take a 9-months are taking 18-months to complete.

There are backorders on everything no matter what country parts are manufactured ...Dell has backorders into 2023. Cisco up to a year.

It is what it is...please relax

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Playfield-protectors.com in Germany has a set, that are cut the same dimensions as the existing plastics... Have a set coming in next week, I'll post pictures when I get them...

These pf protectors...how much does it change game play, or is it hardly noticeable?

4 weeks later
#5143 2 years ago

PinMonk
I have a GZ LE, and notice the fade when the family is over and we are playing 3-4 at a time on both the flippers and magna-grab

So to be certain what to order as I want to cool all....catch me up

Thanks
Ron

#5202 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just need the SLE1 Tibetan Breeze kit and the Dual Fan magnet cooling kit (the magnet kit will be in my pinside store here and on pinmonk.com later today). That'll cool all three flippers and put two fans on the magnet coil (one fan on each side).

Order placed, Thank you sir

--Ron

#5204 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Was playing my premium tonight and i heard something drop into the cabinet. I lifted the playfield and found this towards the back. I spent about 20 min with the playfield up trying to find the bolt it fell off off with no luck. Put everything back and played another 10 or so games with no issue. Guess i just wait till i see something jiggle too much?
[quoted image]

My distro likes to bring the machines in and test before delivery or pickup. He said over the last year it has been not uncommon to find hardware that has been dropped and not located/removed during manufacturing.

Main reason he likes to test machines before customers receive them.

1 month later
#7360 2 years ago

Giving a shout out to Doug @speakerlightkits

Amidst the confusion for the flaming light kits and the additional skyline for the effect....Douglas issued a $8.45 USD refund....

I had ordered the lights on one order, then saw in this thread we needed to add the skyline, so I ran another order, which included another shipping charge...my bad, my mistake.

I know it's only $8.45 but the fact that he combined the order and shipped, and also gave the shipping refund makes for an honorable vendor.

#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which lasted 400 games here before magnetized. That is one strong magnet this game has.

What's the alternative?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txcoastal1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.