gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommymc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do these new Sterns with QR scanners require an internet connection, or can owner simply play it offline and ignore the feature?

You don't need the internet connection.

#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're not watching the playoffs at INDISC right now, you should be, if for nothing else than the mesmerizing play of Walt Wood. His wacky animated play style is ridiculously entertaining to watch, and he has the skills to match his play style as he's in the semifinals currently.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

I watched Walt and was laughing out loud. Very entertaining and a very good player too.

1 month later
#9112 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

On the machine?

Have you registered the machine on Sterns website?

1 month later
#11092 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Wow, I ordered my Premium last august and I am still waiting with no eta.... can't wait!

I ordered mine on Sept 22 and last I was told was a slim chance for the July run but still a chance. Stern really needs to rethink there allotment strategy.

2 weeks later
#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.
I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00
GZ down for the count...
[quoted image]

I had this happen 4 times on my Deadpool. I turned down the eject power and hasn't happened again, hope I didn't just jink myself.

3 weeks later
#12430 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I just got my GZ premium in yesterday. It’s my first pin. Assume I know nothing because i don’t. Any recommendations for adjustments/set up for the game? The dist set it all up in my house for me, but he just did the basic standard set up out of the box.
The level on the inside of the game by the shorter rod has the bubble at the top, shouldn’t it be in the middle? As previously stated I’m new to this, I want to learn and take good care of this best I can. Teach me O wise pinside ones! Lol

One thing that a lot of people forget is to turn down your backbox brightness for game play. Really cuts down reflections.

2 weeks later
#12861 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Appreciate the reply.
Unfortunately this doesn't really apply to my situation as I'm in Canada. Basically in Canada we have 2 distributors, one based out of Vancouver, and serves Western Canada, and one based out of Toronto (with offices in Montreal as well) serving the Eastern provinces. I guess imagine if the USA only had a distributor based out of Los Angeles and one based out of NYC, each serving half the country.
My point is, my Distributor isn't my distributor by choice. I have no other option for buying a Stern machine. With that said, I have nothing bad to say about my distributor.
So I guess my question is, of the people just getting games now, how long ago did they order? How long did they have to wait?

I ordered on Sept 22. Paid in full July 5. Hoping for a shipping notice this week.

1 week later
#13112 1 year ago

In the club Premium arrived today! No problems at all everything is working just the way it should. July 21 build date.

#13120 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey Guys,
just joined the Club yesterday and I love it! Just got one question, more on the IC side. It´s a used GZ Pro with the IC-kit. So it has already a specific gameroom. How can I register the machine to my gameroom? On my NIB Mando it got there more or less automatically, but on this machine I can´t find any option on the machine or the Stern IC-Website where I can register it?
Can anybody help?
Thanks!

You need to have the previous owner to un register the pin.

3 weeks later
#14305 1 year ago

Had this game a month on Monday, well deserving of it's #1 ranking.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#14981 1 year ago

2 spots in the arm can be bent without using a heat gun. Just below the shoulder and at the elbow. It might take a couple of tries, just don’t put too much pressure on them. I think it took me a couple of tries to get it to work.

3 weeks later
#15599 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

"TRUCK THIS SIDE ONLY"
On the opposite side he was trucking from lol.

He is using a pallet jack. Lifts straight up no pressure on the box.

1 month later
#17172 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Basic question
Any tips on hitting the scoop? Ive watched people play but struggle to hit it consistently and feel I am missing the obvious. Thnx

The shot can also be back handed from the right flipper. When it's slow rolling up the flipper about half way up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommymc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=tommymc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.