PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teahaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14102 1 year ago

This has probably been mentioned but I haven't come across it.........just got my Pro this past Friday. It really is a blast. On my 2nd game, after hitting both ramps and hitting the scoop, suddenly on the screen instead of Xilien on the screen, there was a goat.......just kind of sat there. Then the game moved on to let me choose which monster to battle. Was kind of strange and funny......I presume an homage to the greatest of all time....Elwin? Anyone else notice this or am I late to the party?

1 week later
#14492 1 year ago

Hello from Canada fellow Godzilla pinball fans! I got my Pro (July 12/22 build-date) a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying it immensley. I have noticed one quirk, maybe others have explained but I'm still reading through this long thread and haven't come upon any mention of the ball getting magnatized and doing weird things at the flippers and getting stuck on the in-lane switches. Is this normal with a game with a magnet? Whenever a ball gets stuck on the switch, it just takes a small nudge to free it. It is literally sticking to the metal switch.

#14494 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What type of balls are you using? Ones that came with game or others? Chrome type can become magnetized. Carbon steel don’t.

Just the stock ones that came with the game.

#14497 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Well I am puzzled. I would try replacing them and see what happens. Many people recommend to replace the stock balls anyhow. For use with magnets you want something like this
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated. Maybe I'm just playing the pin too much!!

#14594 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

3 weeks in and just broke 800M. It's such a fine line between a terrible game and hitting just a couple more shots and blowing it up. Still looking to break 1B though.

Start with Ebirah and shoot that centre spinner a lot.........I managed 1.5 billion after a couple of weeks and also stopped always going Gigan.

1 week later
#14954 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just go into the service menu go to Network then select Software Update should start automatically.

But can you still update from an SD card? My Godzilla is in an area of the house where the wifi signal isn't as strong and the update takes forever. Would rather download it quicker and update from an SD card. Haven't read if this is possible.......

1 month later
#16388 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

We are setting the GZ tutorial stream date for this Saturday. I will highlight important changes from older code get a full run down of the game including my tournament strategies. Stream will go live at 9:30 AM eastern. Here’s a link to the original tutorial and the Chromecandy’s twitch stream.
Original Tutorial (0.97 code)

Channel for live tutorial
https://m.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball

Looking forward to it Jim!! I've watched your others numerous times and always glean some good info. I do have a question for you though.......what determines what X amount the carnage bonus is at when you leave a city?

#16506 1 year ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Anyone have a checkist for playfield parts to remove when installing a playfield protector for a premium?
Does the protector need to be cut in the back ?

I've installed one in a pro and you do have to remove the wireforms, all flippers, building, spinners, and the mecha-thing (on the premium). Take lots of pictures and take your time. Remember that there is removable film on both sides of the protector. It does work great and no, does not change ball dynamics.

2 weeks later
#16929 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So I noticed my right flipper when engaged is higher than the right. I took a look at where it is sitting at rest and sure enough the tip of the flipper is a bit above the right alignment hole. I found the nut on the flipper mech that needs to be adjusted but the clearance is terrible resulting in me trying to untighten the adjustment hex screw with the stubby end of a dinky hex key allen wrench (the kind you get with cheap put-together yourself furniture). I have a much better hex key set but I can't use it because of the clearance issue. No matter how hard I yank on the hex key I can't get enough leverage to loosen the screw. Any suggestions from those who have adjusted the flippers on GZ (or other similar Sterns). There's got to be a better tool for this... Many thanks.

I ordered these (9 inch shaft) and they make it much easier to torque the screw in those areas. A little pricey over here in Canada but it was worth it for me. https://www.amazon.ca/Dynamic-D043420-9-Inch-Handle-64-Inch-3/dp/B013H2Y0T4/ref=sr_1_1

2 weeks later
#17465 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

The one code "fix" I'd like to see in Godzilla is a 1-2 second ballsaver for the Destruction Jackpot. Many times I've seen it happen where I miss the shot, it goes halfway up the right ramp, then straight down the drain. It's not a fun shot if your incentive is to not go for it.
Is there any adjustment in the software for this?

That wouldn't be a bad idea or how about giving another DJ if you hit the DJ loop more than once? I usually hit the DJ loop twice (just naturally flip after the first successful loop). Unfortunately you only get any credit for that first loop.

1 month later
#18866 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

I was playing Godzilla yesterday. At the time, I didn’t realize there was a code update. I was in the middle of a game and suddenly lights and video started getting out of sync. The game then shuts down and does a code update. I know they’re auto updating but I didn’t expect this in mid game. Anyone else experience this?

I turn off the auto-updates and just do it when I want. I also prefer downloading to a USB stick and doing it manually.

2 weeks later
#19135 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

100%. I ordered in November 2021 and never got one last year. I found one used for basically new price and jumped on it.
After a month+ with it I see why it's #1. Special game.

Here in Canada, I think we only have a couple of options distributor-wise. I used Jerry at Player1 in Toronto and it couldn't have gone smoother. No deposit, just said I was interested to get on a list for a Pro. This was last May 2022. Got an email in August that my Pro had arrived and would be delivered to me after full-payment. Paid in full the same day, had the machine at my home the next day. I was expecting to put down a deposit but it was never asked for.........I hope everyone who has made payment with whatever distributor gets their machine sooner than later. It is worth the wait (IMO).

1 week later
#19318 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Has anyone completely removed the playfield? I watched a couple of videos on how to install art blades but now I'm stumped. If I remove the playfield I don't know where to put it. I've seen people prop the playfield up against the wall or set it down on paint cans. But for GZ, I don't think that's feasible with the way this particular game's attachments underneath extend further out; they would obstruct me from doing that. Is setting it down on one of its sides an option? I don't want to do anything that could potentially damage it.

I didn't remove my playfield at all to get art-blades on my pro. Just lift the playfield and slide the art-blades into place. They can be maneuvered a bit before pressing down. Took maybe 15 minutes. Looks great.

1 week later
#19506 1 year ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

Getting a premium NIB soon. What are the essential "must dos" for protecting this game and mechs from being damaged?
I'm thinking: shooter lane coil strength lowered, shooter lane Mylar protector, different pinballs than whats included...
Cant wait to finally get this game.

First thing is a playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com. I've found that it slightly ups the ball speed but doesn't really affect the dynamics of the spin etc. Preserves the playfield, pretty straight-forward to install (you do have to remove ramps, flippers). Pretty reasonably priced too imo.......

#19510 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I would say this is a tad controversial. Most, including me, would argue you don’t need a playfield protector in a modern game in a home use environment. Just keep it clean and wax every 500 games or so, and you’ll be fine.

Fair enough, though I don't quite get the controversy. It's kind of like putting mylar on the playfield. You're just putting a thin plastic on the playfield. I think it works well for the money. To each his own though, that is true!!

#19620 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I have the Tilt Forums sheet, but it's confusing...was wondering how others get them. I can usually only get to 2x.

Read the carnage/annihilation bonus section on the rules sheet.......it is a bit confusing but if you're going for the max 5x carnage bonus, I think you have to do a lot of things on just one ball.

#19663 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Hey all, rules question, I cannot seem to find the specifics anywhere, I assume someone can clarify pretty quick, thanks!
What is needed to light the advance fighter inserts? My understanding is that when lit you can light a missile with inline rollover, light all 6 to start jet fighter attack. But when the insert is not lit, can't collect a missile. My red insert lights seem to randomly go on and off and the side I need never seems to be lit, etc so it isn't a clean path to get to jet fighter attack ??? what is triggering the inerts to light or not?
Also, I remain a bit confused on destruction jackpot, I ready in one description that it happens when you defeat/complete a kanji battle. but in the rules it just says "you first need to light the insert in front of the building". so how do you light that insert? on my machine it seems like destruction jackpot is happening all the time, certainly not only when a kanji is completed
thanks much!

This from the rulesheet.....Each city has four major objectives: Kaiju Battles (RAID), Tesla Strike (POWER), Bridge Attack Multiball (BRIDGE), and Tank Attack Multiball (TANKS). These objectives can only be accomplished once per city; completing any of them - or just attempting a Kaiju Battle - will light the Destruction Jackpot at the building and allow the player to change cities by shooting the scoop.

To light the jet fighter attack, I just ramp out, left and right ramps to start the jet fighter mode. It's a hurry-up mode.

#19678 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks! that explains the destruction jackpot, I had read that you needed to complete the battles to light, so thought it was happening too frequently.
On the jet fighters, what you stated is what I would expect and am trying to do, but... the red insert at the bottom of the inlanes needs to be lit when the ball hits the insane from the ramp - and mine are randomly (seemingly) lit and off at various times, so I can't just hit the ramp(s) 6 times to light the missiles, often I cannot get any on one side sine the insert is unlit - I am trying to understand what controls when the red insert Isi lit or off ??
thanks

I would maybe check the switches at the bottom of the inlanes to make sure they're making contact. Maybe try doing a switch test and see if they're working as they should. I think you have to roll over them a certain # of times to light them for jet fighter. I'll check my game later today!

#19694 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks! Apologies to you and Chuck for my ignorance, I found that my adjustment setting was at medium for jet attack, when I set it to easy it is operating like you both described for the first instance. for the 2nd instance it is acting like mine was initially, which say I was confused.
I still would like to learn/figure out what (unless random?) affects when each inline red inset is on for 2nd, 3rd, etc fighter attacks or if your setting is medium or hard
appreciated the help!
mike

I think the insert light toggles with slingshot hits and someone earlier also mentioned that after the first wave, you have to hit the right spinner shot to light the insert as well.

2 months later
#21145 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Monster Rampage needs to die in a fire, or at least have some way to opt out like the super train loops. No I don't want to have to play a damn three minute long mode without draining just to get back to what I was doing.
Really the strategy there is, get Rampage out of the way first, and only then you're allowed to start building up towards the big annihilation-carnage stacks.

I used to hate it too but it does get you some big points (300m +) if you complete it and a free ball and a bunch of bonus things........I used to just shoot the right ramp to time it out but now I enjoy finishing it.

#21146 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any pro owners having trouble at times with the magnet not holding the balls for the start of MB? It will grab the first one and then when the second ball launches or sometimes the third, the balls will drop before they are supposed to.
Doesn’t happen all the time but enough. I adjusted the kick out power and the balls hit correctly. I did not make any chain the settings.

It happens on my pro periodically........I don't mind since it makes the gameplay faster (not waiting around).

1 month later
#23021 9 months ago
Quoted from MylesMayhem:

Hello. My Godzilla Premium just arrived and it's awesome! The Stern Connect won't work though and I've tried messing with the Wifi Dongle enough to know I need to replace it. Any suggestions of which product I should pick up? Thanks in advance!!

I had the same issue but just used a usb extention cable, ran it up through the hole top of the back-box and once outside the backbox, the wifi dongle connects everytime. I'm not getting a topper so the hole is of no use to me anyhow.

#23162 9 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

Hi need some help, brand new machine with ~100 plays and having trouble with left flipper. Only adjustment I've made so far is turning down flipper power.
Today I noticed it feels "soft", it's now flipping with way less power (like I can't make it up right ramp) and ball catching either spring boards the ball or perfectly dapens it. My guess is it's "stuck" in low voltage somehow and my dual switches are jacked up but I don't really know how to fix it. Anyone experience this and can throw me some wise words?

I recently had the same type of issue after 2800 plays, my left flipper suddenly stopped working altogether. Lifting the playfield showd the coil dangling by it's wires and the stop and screws on the bottom of the cabinet! I had read about changing coil-stops way earlier in this thread so had a few on hand. The scews (my machine doesn't have allen-head screws) had both sheared off! I replaced all three flipper coil-stops and coil sleeves. Coil stops were all concave. Sleeves were totally soot-covered. I'd suggest what everyone else is suggesting: replace all three flipper coil-stops and sleeves.

#23174 9 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm a little late with this reply, however it bears noting that the "gap" is from the spring washer. if you look closely, you'll notice the spring washer that is seated between the coil and the coil stop. according to the metallica manual, it appears that this flipper mech was not assembled correctly. the spring washer should be located on the other end of the coil. (see the image in the attached link)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/179#post-3491335
if swapping the position of the spring washer does not solve your issue, the side to side movement probably indicates that the brass "button" on your coil stop has either worn down, or become separated from the coil stop and the stop needs to be replaced.
the coil stops that stern has been using for the past 3-4 years are significantly lower in quality (revealed by the piles of "gold dust" found in the bottom of the cabinets after a mere 2-300 plays (or less).
I perform a number of bullet-proofing steps when purchasing a game (new or otherwise) which include: replacing the rubber (with titan silicone), the pinballs (with ball baron's ninja or polaris, and the coil stops with those that pinball life sells.

Interesting fact about that spring washer. I've looked on mine (Godzilla) and the washer is also installed at the coil-stop end. Is this a factory mistake or should I leave it installed as is?

Quoted from j_m_:

I'm a little late with this reply, however it bears noting that the "gap" is from the spring washer. if you look closely, you'll notice the spring washer that is seated between the coil and the coil stop. according to the metallica manual, it appears that this flipper mech was not assembled correctly. the spring washer should be located on the other end of the coil. (see the image in the attached link)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/179#post-3491335
if swapping the position of the spring washer does not solve your issue, the side to side movement probably indicates that the brass "button" on your coil stop has either worn down, or become separated from the coil stop and the stop needs to be replaced.
the coil stops that stern has been using for the past 3-4 years are significantly lower in quality (revealed by the piles of "gold dust" found in the bottom of the cabinets after a mere 2-300 plays (or less).
I perform a number of bullet-proofing steps when purchasing a game (new or otherwise) which include: replacing the rubber (with titan silicone), the pinballs (with ball baron's ninja or polaris, and the coil stops with those that pinball life sells.

Both my right and left flippers have the spring installed on the coil-stop end. Looking at the assembly in the Godzilla manual, it seems this is how they are assembled.

1 month later
#23746 8 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Godzilla experts. Asking for help in setting up Godzilla Premium, new out of the box. I tried to register it. I pulled the coin door white button out. I went into the menu from the coin door buttons. I went into network. Found the WIFI for the house. Selected it. I did its searching thing. Then asked for password. I put that in (as hard as it was to navigate back and forth, need to make easier one). It went searching again and said could not connect. 3 times I tried. I gave up frustrated. Does it save the password or do I have to enter it each time xxxxxxxxx.
Then I tried to go through the menu options (audits, etc). I could not find where to add balls in the menu items. Can someone help this idiot.
I learned I am on Version 1.07.0 is that the latest Premium version. I looked on Stern website and it seemed that was it. I need to buy a USB flash drive to update the code in the future according to the sign in the head.
Any help or PMs would be greatly appreciated.

Get a different USB Wife dongle. The one included sucks.

Quoted from Tophervette:

Godzilla experts. Asking for help in setting up Godzilla Premium, new out of the box. I tried to register it. I pulled the coin door white button out. I went into the menu from the coin door buttons. I went into network. Found the WIFI for the house. Selected it. I did its searching thing. Then asked for password. I put that in (as hard as it was to navigate back and forth, need to make easier one). It went searching again and said could not connect. 3 times I tried. I gave up frustrated. Does it save the password or do I have to enter it each time xxxxxxxxx.
Then I tried to go through the menu options (audits, etc). I could not find where to add balls in the menu items. Can someone help this idiot.
I learned I am on Version 1.07.0 is that the latest Premium version. I looked on Stern website and it seemed that was it. I need to buy a USB flash drive to update the code in the future according to the sign in the head.
Any help or PMs would be greatly appreciated.

Get a new wifi dongle..........I had the same issues and this one was recommended. No issues since. I also got a USB extender cable so the dongle is outside the back-box.
https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-TL-WN725N-Wireless-Adapter-Miniature/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=sr_1_1

5 months later
#26720 80 days ago
Quoted from PinDjarin:

I’ve had my Godzilla Pro for over a year and for the first time my ramp and scoop lights went out. The shots were registering but no lights. I logged out of IC and restarted the machine and it seems fine now. Weird.

I had my pro for about 6 months and the switch in the scoop needed to be replaced. Contacted the distributor and they send me a new one.

Quoted from EelcoHo:

The scoop shot is challenging but I am getting the hang of it.
Last weeks I have more rejects from the scoop. The ball seems to be right in there, and bumps out again.
Is that part of the placement of the scoop, or are there any adjustments to make sure the ball stays there?
Thanks a lot!

Stern replaced the scoop switch for me after about 6 months of play. It just broke. They sent me a new one which has been working flawlessy for the past year.

2 months later
#27332 5 days ago

Got this cool 3D printed Godzilla head (which my artsy daughter painted for me). Will be the centrepiece for my topper........

Godzilla (resized).jpegGodzilla (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teahaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=teahaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.