Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 2 years ago

Played the pro this afternoon, Elwin is 4 for 4. I like it more than JP and AIQ already, time will tell if I like it more than IMDN, which is one of my favorites.

Want to play the premium first before investing in one, but the pro gives off a great first impression. Amazing wireforms and shots all over. Best theme integration on a LCD Stern since Batman 66. Well done Stern and Elwin!

1 week later
#585 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you confirm if you can hit that top right ramp with the left top flipper? I keep on hearing diff answers.

I've played 3 different pros and none can make that shot, I don't believe its possible. I spent one game doing nothing but trying to get that to work, but I think the upper flipper is solely for the loop and the side shot that goes above the pop bumper

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

You absolutely can make it. Have to bump up the flipper power a bit tho.

Were you able to make it without adjusting flipper power? Makes me wonder if its intended to be hit from the upper flipper at all if you have to mess with the settings.

1 week later
#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Decided to go in on a pro. Played an LE today. For me the up-charge for a premium just not worth it. The pro was a blast and my daughters loved it.
The premium is cool and all, it’s just it didn’t add any play value for me. The flow on the pro just felt much better. The price increase on premiums really was the main deciding factor for me. $2300 is a lot more.

I’m curious how many others feel this way, I think Elwin's games all have amazing layouts and rules, but none thus far to me have had good mechs or a reason to buy the premium/LE.

The building diverters and bridge mech likely won't change the game's flow too much, but I'm curious how the Mechagodzilla mech works for flow/transitions off the jump ramp. On the pro its a quick, satisfying return with the spinner.

1 week later
#2304 2 years ago

Can anyone with a pro chime in if the aforementioned Magnalube comes with it? I'm curious if its for the Godzilla magnet on all models or for something related to just the premium/LE mechs.

#2622 2 years ago

Godzilla code isn't done yet, but what is there currently has more going on that DP in its finished state. DP isn't a bad game and the pro model is one of Stern's best as far as not feeling like you're missing much from the premium, but Godzilla has a more interesting layout and the code on all of Keith's previous games have been outstanding, far better than DP. Godzilla all the way.

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Why do you think Deadpool code is finished?

There hasn't been an update for a full year and aside from a small incremental update to add QR functionality, there's nothing to indicate there will be another change to it.

Stern is good about updating their games but its pretty rare for a game thats 3 years old to receive major changes. AC/DC, MET and IMDN are the only ones that I can think of that received major updates this long after their initial release.

1 week later
#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Possibly a bug. Had the magnet hold all the balls in Godzilla Multiball.
[quoted image]

Hoping thats a reflection of some kind of light fixture and your balls arent already so scratched up this quickly.

1 week later
#4195 2 years ago

After an almost 8 hour round trip I Joined the club today with a pro. I’ve put about 50 games on it prior on location and at conventions, but this is my first time hearing the sound effects and most of the music and wow…this game is the full package. The complete opposite of AIQ’s boring/terrible music and call outs.

I like it more than JP and AIQ already. May dethrone IMDN as my favorite Elwin eventually.

9051AF5F-7B82-42CD-BF40-34F20210735A (resized).jpeg9051AF5F-7B82-42CD-BF40-34F20210735A (resized).jpeg
#4257 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I'm with you, there no reason they can't code all of the RGB lights in the game to start flashing blue on the way up the playfield like it's charging up or something,

Many lighting effects were added to AIQ after a handful of code updates (one I remember in particular was the inclusion of a majority of playfield lights strobing yellow/red during a Iron Man ball lock), I'm hoping GZ follows suit.

Has a great light show as it is, but a few features (Heat Ray, Train, Telsa Strike, Tank multiball) could use some fancier light shows to differentiate each mode from one another to the player as to whats going on. Really important for the pro, since everything is abstract (ie no Bridge mech to signify when Bridge attack is running).

#4345 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin? My Guardians seems thicker.

Stern quality control is like a lottery, some games have good clear, some don't. I have 2 games made in 2017 that both have thicker clear than games made in 2018 and 2020. In home use, though, it likely isn't going to matter or wear down. My IMDN was routed, has 8000 plays and doesn't have the best clear on it but still looks and shoots fine.

Don't overthink it and enjoy your game!

#4424 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

There's been some talk of Godzilla figures. So here's mine. A Neca movie-poster Godzilla. Fits just about perfectly in the back left where the plastic was.

What did you do to lock the figure down? I have the same one just haphazardly sitting behind the original plastic now.

#4567 2 years ago

Comparing the pro to the premium on Godzilla I feel is comparable to the pro/premium comparison on IMDN. 90% of the game shoots the same, the best parts of the PF layout and flow are unchanged. Is that extra 10% worth an extra $3k? I didn't think so, but if money isn't a concern, spring for the premium, the building mech is one of Stern's most impressive in a long time.

The only thing I think should've been included in the pro since the mech is so simple and cheap is the bridge mech. Otherwise I have zero issues with the pro.

#4574 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I think a Godzilla Pro is definitely my next machine. Glad to hear that the downgrade from Premium doesn't hurt gameplay. I know with my Deadpool Pro, I miss the drop targets on the sides (standups make the game brutal) and the flow lost from the missing left orbiter diverter.

Deadpool is one of the best pros as far as the feeling of not missing anything from the premium to me, the difference between the two on Zilla is much bigger, I'd try out the two before settling on the pro if youre missing that much from DP.

#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah pretty sure it was around 2K more.

2 years ago, that'd be right, good luck finding a premium at MAP. Look at the market now at the pending sales on premiums..10500...11k etc.

#4918 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Iam really excited for software updates. What about oxygen destroyer? So much to come yet already crazy impressive

The Godzilla power ups that’d e mentioned all over the screen aren’t implemented yet, a handful of minor characters on the playfield art are nowhere to be found and as you mentioned the Oxygen Destroyer is currently MIA.

.85 added a lot of cool stuff (most importantly the Wallop function…now that lane serves a purpose), I can’t wait to see what they add from here.

This is a long shot, but it’d be cool for some call out variation similar to AFM when you travel city to city. Could we get some over the top English/French call outs (maybe one female announcer for one of the cities?).

The current announcer is fine for a majority of it, but it wouldn’t hurt to have more variety and remind you what city you’re in.

#4986 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Played the Pro for an hour today. The code seems a unfinished. No clear objective or goals. The shot to left ramp is a bit too tight imo. The scoop shot is right on the end of the flipper. I finally started a mode in Toyko and brought in the Godzilla MB. Still never finished the mode. 4 left ramps and 4 right. Tough game to get going. Never did get Mechzilla Mode going even after hit that spinner multiple games.
The start screen should tell you what your trying to accomplish. Save cities? Destroy cities? Kill aliens. Tanks do what? The Ray does what? Am I Godzilla?
Avengers is a superior Keith Elwin game IMO.

The Ray is the action button and spots shots. Tanks, bridge and building shots all are their own multiball. One ramp each lights modes. Change cities to access different fights. Code is early but is shaping up to be as good as the rest of Elwins games.

2 weeks later
#5860 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone downgrade from a prem/le to pro? Had to get rid of my LE in a trade and am thinking of getting a pro. I think the toy I’ll miss the most is the bridge honestly. Bad idea?

I currently have a pro and am really happy with it, but I’d probably upgrade to a premium if I wasn’t worried about the building mechs long term reliability.

The main downgrade on the pro is that without all the mechs there is a similar feeling to all the multiballs, but aside from that the layout and shot flow is pretty much identical. I prefer the flow of the pro’s spinner over the Mecha Zilla jump ramp/magnet.

3 weeks later
#6756 2 years ago

Anyone that watched the whole stream have the cliff notes on what was added/changed?

#6800 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and for those that have received the bad end of this deal, what has stern been doing to compensate the owners?

In this day and age they don’t. You’re stuck with it.

The good news is that while it’s an eyesore, it doesn’t impact the wear of the PF. I had a IMVE from its initial run with a PF way worse than what you pictured and it held up just as good as PFs without the issue.

It’s a shame that Stern’s QC has plummeted in the past 10 years, but with demand through the roof in spite of these issues, they have no reason to correct it.

#6823 2 years ago

Just had a breakout game @ 1.3B and finished all modes except the first tier 2 mode. The 3rd tier 2 mode, the Fight or Flee one, is really lucrative, I kept it going a while and cashed out 250M, plus a destruction JP afterward for 100M.

It has dawned on me that the tier 2 battles are very similar in rule structure to Crank It Up modes from Metallica…take a while to qualify them, but offer enormous points if you do well in them.

I’m excited to watch the code develop on this game. It’s a really exciting layout and fun to shoot, even with code this unfinished.

#6952 2 years ago

NEW CODE YOU GODZUKIS!

V0.90.0 - January, 27th, 2022
=============================
- Coin Switch - fixed an issue where the coin switch would not debounce properly when coins were inserted too quickly
- Skill Shot - added new skill shot type for plunging directly to the Pop Bumper
- Skill Shot - separated boost scoring between Secret and Normal Skill Shots
- Skill Shot - shot directly to the Skill Shot insert or Pop Bumper doesn't boost
- Skill Shot - Mecha Lane Skill Shots boost 250K
- Skill Shot - Secret Skill Shots boost 2M
- Skill Shot - removed 1M boost for all Skill Shots
- Planet X - added this new wizard mode available at the City Select when you play all of the Tier2 Battles
- Hedorah / Smog Monster Frenzy - added this new mode available at the Mystery award when you collect 2 Secret Combos
- Rage Combo - added a 5-way combo that starts when the Left Inlane insert is lit
- Rage Combo - shot sequence: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Center Spinner -> Loop -> Tail Whip
- Rage Combo - 3M starting value and multiplies for each successful shot
- Rage Combo - +1M to starting value each subsequent start
- Rage Combo - complete 3 of 5 combos to Light Ally
- Rage Combo - complete 5 of 5 shots for 20M bonus on top of current value + Destruction Jackpot X
- City Combos - added combo info text to the award so you know what combination of shots was used to achieve it
- City Combos - added combo shot instructions to the Instant Info screen
- Secret Combos - added 10 secret combos
- Imposter Battle - up to 4 awards available when dropping the ball from a Magna Grab into left lane
- Imposter Battle - Award 1 - 15M + Light Ally
- Imposter Battle - Award 2 - 20M + Annihilation Bonus boosted +1%
- Imposter Battle - Award 3 - 30M + Destruction Jackpot X
- Imposter Battle - Award 4 - 250M
- City Carnage Bonus - added this new countup after leaving a City, bonus points are given for accumulated Annihilation bonuses for Powerlines, Tanks, and Bridge
- City Carnage Bonus - 1X multiplier is added for each running Annihilation Bonus that hasn't drained out yet
- City Carnage Bonus - an additional 1X multiplier is added for completing all the Objectives in a city before leaving
- Earth Bonus - added this new countup after leaving the final City, after this award the game will proceed to Planet X Multiball
- Godzilla Controls Perks - added Perks for Godzilla controlling specific cities as well as controlling a number of cities
- Godzilla Controls Perks - each city Godzilla controls gives a permanent +1 Bonus X
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 1st city controlled - 5M and +3 Godzilla Powerup
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 2nd city controlled - 10M and Extra Ball
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 3rd city controlled - 20M and Heat Ray speedup
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 4th city controlled - 40M and +15M Destruction Jackpot base value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - Tokyo controlled - Annihilation Bonus boosted +1%
- Godzilla Controls Perks - New York controlled - +2M Saucer base value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - Paris controlled - +500K Loop value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - London controlled - +4M Destruction Jackpot base value
- Destruction Jackpot - added countdown speech
- Destruction Jackpot - added a Destruction Jackpot Builds display effect that shows when the multiplier is incremented
- Destruction Jackpot - now permanently boosts Annihilation Bonuses by 1% when collected
- Destruction Jackpot - improved lightshow and sound effects
- Annihilation Bonus - Powerlines adjusted down to starting percent of 2%
- Annihilation Bonus - Tanks adjusted down to starting percent of 2%
- Annihilation Bonus - Bridge adjusted down to starting percent of 4%
- Annihilation Bonus - now available for Tanks and Bridge during a multiball, was previously not the case
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - fixed an issue with the final award display not showing the correct value for the time bonus
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue with the ball saver where it was not consistently saving the ball
- Tank Attack Multiball - base jackpot now carries over from multiball to multiball
- Jet Fighter Attack - added Destruction Jackpot +1X award at 15 Jets destroyed instead of Godzilla Powerup +3
- Loops - lower Destruction Jackpot awards to 25 and 65 loops
- Loops - fixed an issue where Consecutive Loop Champion would not always be updated on multiplayer games
- Super Train - fixed an issue where Super Train Jackpot Champion would not always be updated on multiplayer games
- Rampage - shot count will hold over if Extra Ball was not earned
- Heat Ray - now enters a "cooldown" state when finishing a Super Spinner in Tier 2 Battles or Multiballs, once the mode ends the Heat Ray can be built up again
- Super Spinner - added 25M max spin value / 50M if playfield 2X is running
- All Tier 1 Battle Modes - if a Battle is not completed on the first try, the time remaining per second bonus is lowered from 500K to 50K
- All Tier 1 Battle Modes - final shot now totals up the the finishing bonus formula for seconds left in the mode
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - balanced scoring
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - improved shot grace handling
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - shot timer will now pause when game events hold up the ball
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - fixed an issue with the final award display not showing the correct value for the time bonus
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - scoop shot now only collects at 1X jackpot value
- Mystery - fixed an issue where Mystery would award Light Battle when it was not allowed in the current city
- Shoot Again - can now be interrupted by Skill Shot displays when awarded
- Tilt - added a Minilla Tilt / Danger theme in addition to the Gigan / Megalon that already exists
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- DJ Mixer - fixed an issue where attract mode would say the game was set to DJ MIXER mode which is not a valid default game mode.

- Adjustment Changes:
- fixed AD_BACKBOX_SPEAKER_TYPE_CHANGED to be overriden for PRO models in case someone installs a 4 ohm speaker
- added "HEDORAH SWITCH HITS" default:100 min:50 max:150 - controls how often Hedorah Jackpot is lit
- added "PLANET X MB BALL SAVE TIMER"
- changed "BRIDGE ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default from 8 to 4
- changed "POWERLINE ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default from 3 to 2
- changed "TANK ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default changed from 3 to 2

- System - Updated to V3.04.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.83.0

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

#6981 2 years ago

This code update is huge. Tons of new speech, rules, animations and (most exciting to me) light shows. Great job software folks.

Wasn’t Godzilla vs Hedorah one of the few movies from the era this game is based on they couldn’t use? He’s shown up in a new custom 3d animation. I guess they could use the character but not the clips?

#7070 2 years ago

Had something odd happen just now. Beat Gigan on ball 1 pretty quickly. Neither ramp nor the scoop were lit to qualify another mode or select city.

Do you have to play GZ multiball or something else to move cities/get new modes now?

#7077 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If Tank Attack mode is ready it will be the only thing available at the scoop. Could that have been it?

Nope. Took the time to look through instant info and all the remaining multiballs (GZ, tank, bridge, mecha) weren’t qualified or ready to go.

So if you complete a mode without a single multiball, does it lock you out of changing cities?

6 months later
#13050 1 year ago

Anyone with a Premium or LE on location care to chime in with the reliability of the building and MechaGodzilla mechs after thousands and thousands of plays?

#13080 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Guess that is what I was concerned as it's not just cosmetic, but feels like the Pro has less gameplay? Though others mentioned that the gameplay is essentially the same just kinda rearranged cause of the changes? I just hate to feel that it's a much inferior game cause I didn't shell out the extra. I kinda hate the idea of the games being different and not just cosmetic changes when buying different tiers

I had a pro and got rid of it because while it has essentially the same great layout and shots as the premium, it definitely felt like a lot was missing. I did not see the value of 7K in a single magnet and scoop as far as features and mechs.

What games are worth the upgrade from pro to premium varies person to person, but I normally a pro buyer and don’t feel the extras on a majority of Sterns are worth the extra money.

Up till Godzilla if someone asked me what games do you HAVE to get the premium, I’d answer only AC/DC. Every other game they’ve done I feel like the pro is enough in most respects.

1 week later
#13655 1 year ago

Just arrived this morning, excited to have Godzilla back! Enjoyed the pro, but knew right away I wanted to upgrade after a week or two on it

47AA1AFB-E2E5-48CB-9FC5-4D1ACCA298B8 (resized).jpeg47AA1AFB-E2E5-48CB-9FC5-4D1ACCA298B8 (resized).jpeg
#13695 1 year ago

So I haven't followed the updates and added rules since Hedorah was initially added to the game. I have noticed a bunch of new call outs, light shows, the oxygen destroyer and more.

Seems like the game is very close to completion as far as modes and whats in there. Any word on additional modes, final wizard mode etc? Is Planet X currently the end of the game, any plans for anything past that?

2 weeks later
#14298 1 year ago

Anyone have issues with the bridge not laying flat occasionally, resulting in balls hung up on the middle of the bridge until a ball search kicks in? Any write ups on adjusting the bridge or correcting this issue?

It happens very intermittently, like maybe once every 5 or so games

3 weeks later
#14943 1 year ago

King of the Monsters, new achievements and a ultra final wizard mode among other things added with 1.0, you kaijus!

V1.00.0 - September 19th, 2022
- King of the Monsters - added this final wizard mode that is qualified by playing Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla.
- Part 1 - single ball - Mothra outlane spotted, Rodan will not carryover into mode
- All Tier 1 monster battle shots are stacked.
- Defeat all monsters in 60 seconds +5 seconds for each city controlled. (60-80)
- Bounty value increases by value of each shot.
- Each defeated monster adds time and bounty X.
- Draining or running out of time starts Part 2.
- Part 2 - 4 ball multiball - Mothra outlane and Anguirus Add-A-Ball spotted.
- Shoot Under Flipper to light: 3 inserts (Advance Rampage, Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Left Ramp to light: 3 inserts (Advance Train, Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Building to light: 5 inserts (Damage Meter Low, Damage Meter Mid, Damage Meter High, Light Destruction Jackpot, Arrow)
- Shoot Center Spinner to light: 7 inserts (Tesla Strike, Tank, Arrow, 1, 2, 3, Heat Ray)
- Shoot Right Ramp to light: 2 inserts (Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Big Loop to light: 2 inserts (Destruction Jackpot, Arrow)
- Shooting all 22 shots will light the Scoop for Bounty Collect x number of balls in play
- Draining down to single ball is allowed
- Anguirus will be automatically summoned if not used within 20 seconds of reaching single ball play
- Added Ultra Final Wizard Mode - Completing the Planet X Victory Challenge, Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Monster Zero, and King of the Monsters will start this mode.
- Secret Combos - collecting all 10 Secret Combos will also satisfy the Planet X Victory Challenge requirement of qualifying the ultra final wizard mode
- Insider Connected - added the following achievements:
- Shoot unique skill shots to collect a Skill Shot at 5X
- Collect a 5X Megalon award
- Defeat Ebirah in one attempt
- Defeat Titanosaurus in one attempt
- Defeat Gigan in one attempt
- Defeat Megalon in one attempt
- Score 200 Million+ in Monster Rampage
- Godzilla controls a single city
- Godzilla controls two cities
- Godzilla controls four cities
- Collect a Carnage Bonus of 50 Million+
- Collect a Carnage Bonus of 100 Million+
- Collect a Carnage Bonus 300 Million+
- Collect a Loop session total of 25 Million+
- Collect a Loop session total of 50 Million+
- Build Destruction Jackpot to 3X and collect it
- Build Destruction Jackpot to 8X and collect it
- Build up 25 total Godzilla Powerup energy in one game
- Reach Godzilla Powerup Level 15
- Score 50 Million+ during Hedorah
- Collect 50 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 150 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 300 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 10 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect 20 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect 30 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect Super Train Jackpot (PREM / LE only)
- Score 200 Million+ during Super Train (PREM / LE only)
- Start Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Score 1 Billion+ in Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Start Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Lock 3 balls in Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Get a Super Jackpot in Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Start King of the Monsters wizard mode
- Defeat Ebirah, Titanosaurus, Gigan and Megalon in King of the Monsters
- Defeat King Ghidorah
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 500 Million+
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 1 Billion+
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 2 Billion+
- Start Monster Island Madness
- Godzilla Powerup - Powerup levels are now unlimited and can keep building
- Godzilla Powerup - Level Summary with latest changes:
- Level 1 (2) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
GODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +250K MECHAGODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +500K
LIGHT HEAT RAY SKILL SHOT +1X MULTIPLIER
15M POINTS LOOP VALUE +250K
DESTROY SAUCER SAUCER VALUE +500K
JET FIGHTER ATTACK VALUES +250K COLLECT 3X BONUS
SACUER ATTACK +3 SECONDS MONSTER RAMPAGE SPOT LETTER
- Level 2 (3) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
TIER 1 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS TIER 1 BATTLE TIME BONUS +5X
- Level 3 (4) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +3 SECONDS TIER 2 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS
- Level 4 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
LIGHT MONSTER ZERO (if qualified) LIGHT TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (if qualified) - scoop will not light until one is qualified
- Level 5 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
COLLECT IMPOSTER RAGE COMBO +3 SECONDS
- Level 6 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
RODAN TIMER +15 SECONDS MAGNA GRAB 2X
- Level 7 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
SUPER SPINNER 2X LOOP VALUE 2X
- Level 8 (6) - ONLY ONE CHOICE -
LIGHT MONSTER ZERO or LIGHT TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (whichever one wasn't lit in Level 4) - scoop will not light until remaining mode is qualified
- Level 9 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +2X LIGHT ALL ALLIES
- Level 10 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
COLLECT 10X BONUS MONSTER RAMPAGE +1X
- Level 11 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
+3 GODZILLA POWERUP LIGHT KING OF THE MONSTERS - scoop will not light until Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla have been played
- Terror of Mechagodzilla - fixed issue where speech would callout "almost there" when no flips can be awarded
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue where you could start the Super Jackpot timer in a different multiball by using Anguirus add a ball.
- Godzilla Vs. Megalon - Megalon shot now represented with a Purple color instead of Yellow to avoid conflicting with other arrows when rule is stacked with other shots
- Godzilla Vs. Megalon and Gigan - decrement the base Jackpot Value when Jet Jaguar is attacked
- Godzilla Rampage - fixed an issue with multiple Rampage letter being collected on the same shot
- Saucer Attack - added an award when you collect 9 saucers: +3 Godzilla Powerup
- Planet X - added and award of +6 Godzilla Powerup when you complete Planet X
- Super Train Loops - added timers to each award display and the background and standardize what part of the screen the timer appears
- Hedorah - lighting a second Hedorah from Secret Combos is now stackable
- Mystery - fixed an issue where you could light battle on Planet X should not be allowed
- Building Device - when balls are locked on the roof the second Ball Search will attempt to free any balls that may be trapped under the playfield
- End of Ball Bonus - scoring updates
- Tail Whip from 150K to 250K
- Godzilla Powerup from 100K to 200K
- Fighters from 200K to 350K
- Loops from 100K to 150K
- High Score Champions - added the King of the Monsters champion
- High Score Champions - added Godzilla Powerup champion
- DJ Mixer - added King of the Monsters songs

- Adjustment Changes:

- added "KING OF THE MONSTERS CHAMP SCORE"
- added "GODZILLA POWERUP CHAMPION"

#14956 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

But can you still update from an SD card? My Godzilla is in an area of the house where the wifi signal isn't as strong and the update takes forever. Would rather download it quicker and update from an SD card. Haven't read if this is possible.......

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

Find Godzilla and the version you have and click download, further instructions are in the readme.

#14963 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Of course I qualified KOTM last night

I’ve been deliberately avoiding GZ and Rush lately and playing older games knowing that I’d probably have a break out game without the wizard mode in it yet

1 month later
#15838 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Understanding that there are difference ways that you can set-up your game, sharper angles, outlane posts at the tightest space to pulling bumpers right out as is done in tournaments, on average - what would you say is an average game time on Godz? I watched Elwin play and the game seemed to go on to LOTRs times.

It can be a long player due to the frequency of extra balls for various goals you naturally achieve as you progress through the game.

Strictly talking about the difficulty in terms of layout - it’s much tougher than AIQ, but more forgiving than IMDN or JP. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I’d give it a 6.

The only difficult shots to me are the left ramp and left spinner behind the upper flipper. Thankfully missed shots to the left ramp are forgiving because it’s such a long shot up the playfield.

The main difficulty comes from the importance of shooting the scoop and missed shots to it either clashing into the Mechzilla lane or pop bumper will send the ball wild and likely result in a right side or middle drain.

1 month later
#17178 1 year ago

Any tips of removing the stock GZ figure to replace it with the classic Toho one? Is it secured just by the zip tie?

#17192 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Rocket city start button. It is layered or 3D.
[quoted image]

3D, got one recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=taygeta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.