PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sushko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2085 2 years ago

Hopefully getting my LE on Friday. Anyone else from New Jersey getting one from Automated Services. The word is a box truck load is heading to New Jersey Friday.

#2419 2 years ago

I was supposed to get my game delivered today but they canceled so I went and picked it up myself. I just couldn't wait another day. What a wonderful game. I lowered the MechaGodzilla ramp it was high. I am getting some SDTM.

20211112_111655 (resized).jpg20211112_111655 (resized).jpg20211112_174310 (resized).jpg20211112_174310 (resized).jpg20211112_174320 (resized).jpg20211112_174320 (resized).jpg20211112_174327 (resized).jpg20211112_174327 (resized).jpg20211112_174331 (resized).jpg20211112_174331 (resized).jpg20211112_174343 (resized).jpg20211112_174343 (resized).jpg20211112_174401 (resized).jpg20211112_174401 (resized).jpg20211112_174404 (resized).jpg20211112_174404 (resized).jpg20211112_174429 (resized).jpg20211112_174429 (resized).jpg
#2436 2 years ago

I put some feet on my Godzilla.

IMG-20211112-WA0010 (resized).jpgIMG-20211112-WA0010 (resized).jpg
#2515 2 years ago

New Godzilla installed. I just wanted to include a picture of the Oreo.

20211113_222411 (resized).jpg20211113_222411 (resized).jpg20211113_222433 (resized).jpg20211113_222433 (resized).jpgIMG-20211113-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20211113-WA0000 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3147 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

So, now I have the choice, a tough choice, between this comic style figure or a showa movie style Godzilla.
What do you guys think? What would you prefer?
I like both, now I don't know what to do [quoted image][quoted image]

Comic style matches better IMO.

FB_IMG_1637023573476 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637023573476 (resized).jpg
#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I've been messing around with a few different Godzilla figures and worked on this one for the past day. I just thought with all the burning buildings it might be cool to see Godzilla spreading some fire blasts. Nothing set in stone yet and testing the circuit for the flame effects LED's which is currently hooked to the GI's.

I absolutely love it. The LEDs make it animated. I have been busy with my home made pinstadum but this is definitely on my list of things. I post pictures when I get the lights perfect.

#3221 2 years ago

It's always better to sell out than have stock piles siting. Having a great demand is makes people even want it more it keeps the price up. I don't think Stern is upset with any of this they are selling as quickly as they can make them.

#3378 2 years ago

I had an amazing game tonight.

Screenshot_20211123-213649_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211123-213649_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3406 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Amazing. So easy going up and down stairs. Only thing to get used to is that it is pallet height. Great when moving the box off the pallet but a little tougher tilting the machine to get on it. All in all great buy though.

Please share this dolly information. I have a stairway that is a pain in the back. Is this the new one that was at a show. I can't find anything about it if that's the one. Anyway thanks in advance.

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Talk to [email protected] - GVONM
https://thepinballplace.com/
He can get you a dolly, there is a thread on pinside that goes into detail somewhere
Or [email protected] can get you an Escalera

Thanks for your help

#3564 2 years ago

I made my own pinball light show. It's interactive with the GI White, Red and the Mothra flasher so it completely follows what's happening on the playfield. The Mothra flasher are two colors green and purple in a Criss-Cross pattern. Made a video for you guys to take a look at.

#3636 2 years ago

Megalon is hanging out in my pinball. Tilt dance yay.

20211127_165733 (resized).jpg20211127_165733 (resized).jpg20211127_165736 (resized).jpg20211127_165736 (resized).jpg20211127_165742 (resized).jpg20211127_165742 (resized).jpg
#3732 2 years ago

Question for insider connect. My username is Ledpinball and my initials are SUS. I want it to save my score with the SUS initials but it always saves as Ledpinball. I setup accounts for my son's and it does the opposite. The funny thing is they want it to use the username. If anyone has any insight into this let me know.

1 week later
#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you please share a picture of the good side. Just interested in how it mounts. Thanks

#4262 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

When I tried to insert a different screw the posts just broke off like they were barely attached. So with sterns delays, I asked my distributor if I bush fix this will there be a problem. He said he would take care of me. So my quick fix was to take small t-nuts and enlarge the holes to fit them. Of course cutting off the spikes and getting them as flat as possible. It’s working for now because the blue pads keep the ball fairly close for the center of the passageway. So my game is playable for now and hoping stern can come thru with parts to fix correctly soon.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice temporary fix. I'm going to see if mine are loose at this point. Maybe I will get some lock tight on them before it becomes a problem.

#4288 2 years ago

Godzilla's heat ray is glowing. I have it tide in with the shaker motor. I love this game and it deserves some upgrades.

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like the flashing on his atomic breath. I.have that figure with the yellow plastic breath as well. Can you elaborate more on how you wired it in with the shaker?

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.

The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.

I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.

The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.

Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P6SGZNT

NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4VCCPL

#4334 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Hi sushko,
how did you screw down the figure? I'm about to purchase the same figure.
Thanks

When you remove the original Godzilla use the same screws. I fit the new Godzilla in the same spot. The screws go right into his feet. It's easy.

#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
which Figure is it? Did you have a link to it?
Thanx

This is the most popular one. I think it's perfect for the game. You can find it on eBay for a better price.

NECA - Figurine Godzilla - Godzilla New Movie 30cm Sonore - 0634482428863 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNZHMQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_WH59FVTN2PRKSVJVRFVS

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Strip is tied into the spot so it's interactive with any code changing the spot. Lermods is selling a turnkey solution.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/05596-godzilla-pinball-flasher-mod
Here is some video of mine in action
Next, I'm hoping to add a blue strip under the breath like SUSHKO did that uses the shaker as the trigger.

I also added one of these to the fire blast. I will post another video. I have it flashing now with the shaker motor. This thing let's you fine tune it to your liking. The kids liked it flashing as fast as possible so that's the way I have it.

EverBright LED Flasher Module... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY513NE

#4933 2 years ago

I think it would be cool if the destruction jackpot multiplied if you hit it consecutively. Double destruction jackpot and so on. This game is really moving on nicely can't wait to see more.

#5013 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'm wondering if there is an easy fix for the SDTM ball dump during GZ Multiball? The building comes down, releases the balls, and it's sort of funny watching them race to the drain. Was thinking maybe something stuck to the wall where the balls queue could nudge them slightly one direction or the other as they are released...

I put a washer on the bottom of the clear plastic that the balls drop on. The right side off that plastic is going to send the balls to your left flipper. The washer I used is probably only 1mm or 2mm you don't need much.

1 week later
#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't want to mess around doing that. Just wondering if a simple speaker swap is worthwhile. Guess you are saying it's not.

I get these two things and it makes a huge difference plus a Pyle in the cabinet.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

Kenwood KFC-D131 5.25" 2-Way 320W Max Power Audio Speakers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWWM6SB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_BESQEPS75DZ8VMF677RE

The last time I got those speakers they were 50 bucks. Wow inflation is nuts.

1 week later
#5732 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a problem. I don’t know if one way plays better than another or if they both play pretty much the same.
I was just curious after seeing your post so I thought I’d post to share a data point for comparison. I haven’t noticed any issue with how my orbit plays, but it could be that I just don’t know any different. Mine is a late October build.
[quoted image]

I'm going to have to check out mine as it's not feeding the flipper as nicely as when I first got my game. If it is not flush I would think you would be more likely to have it not feed flipper properly. You want the ball to hug that back wall.

Stern definitely does make some adjustments to the games on latest builds. Led Zeppelin had the EM spinner completely changed. I don't think it helped but Stern definitely tried to fix it. Other things like Black Knight SOR had the bump added on the turnaround. That was a game changer. Their customer service is the best in the industry. Any time I needed a part they sent it out right away.

Godzilla is probably the best pinball game ever. I have had a lot of games come and go over 25 years of collecting and this game is never leaving my home. The code isn't even finished and on game play alone it is the best ever IMO. The game play is so fresh. THE KING OF MONSTERS IS DEFINITELY THE KING OF PINBALL.

#5869 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Ball hangup in game nr 1...at first I did not know where it was, even ball search didn't solve it, then removed the glass and found it
[quoted image]

Yep had it get stuck there a couple times now.

1 week later
#6225 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

sushko what did you end up finding?

It was flush with the back and I would think that is the proper fit. I would like to say, and someone else posted this to. The game has been getting dirty really fast. I have cleaned it three times already. I think Stern hasn't been cleaning the parts of the oils from manufacturing. My Titan silicone rubber was black. I cleaned it up and it's shooting properly again.

#6242 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The stock black rubbers contribute greatly to the buildup of black “dirt” in the game. I always replace everything with Titans as soon as I get the pin. Huge difference.

I agree with you on the stock rubber but this game seems to have oil on something that is causing it to get dirty faster than any other game I have in my collection.

#6313 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I love when people make mods to fix “problems” that dont exist.
This reminds me of the stupid center post for GB

I don't have this problem with my game either but I wouldn't say that it doesn't exist. Pinball machines can vary from game to game. The wood is not completely the same for each machine. My game was just cleaned and it plays completely different than it did when it was dirty. It doesn't take much to alter a game.

#6314 2 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Is anyone with a Prem/LE having issues with the Mechagodzilla targets not turning into the correct position? Is there some kind of adjustment to make with the turntable mech?

Take a look under the playfield it should have a switch that makes when it's in position. Maybe you have a wire in the way or something obstructioning it.

#6326 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers! It was basically one and a half of these LED strips:
amazon.com link »
...and an amplifier:
amazon.com link »
...and a quite a bit of cutting and soldering of the strips.

On that amplifier that you used if you disconnect the input power the udder the cabinet lights will go off. The reason why I'm asking is I'm just wondering if this provides some sort of isolation too.

#6334 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

My guess is that it does, but those with more electronics experience might be able to answer that question for sure. When others have done this, tying it into the 12V off of the dollar bill acceptor, they've run a 1A fuse inline.
For me, it was a question of convenience. I was having difficulty with the DBA wiring, and I already had a 12V DC plug outside the machine powering the backbox and trough light strip, so I just threw a barrel corrector onto this amp and a splitter onto the plug. It was just what I had available, though I suspect others will have a more elegant solution, cheers.

Okay I was asking because if that's not the case you can harm your game and this amplifier will do a better job at protecting your game. Looks cool but you're games electronics are important. Try disconnecting the input power if the lights stay on or go dim. Change to this amplifier. Keep me posted.

BTF-LIGHTING RGB/RGBW 5050 LED Strip Amplifier Controller Work with 4pin/5pin DC12V/DC24V 5050SMD LED Strip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T6XVYBN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_PGQV2HTEDRG4PJWT508E

#6343 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Thanks very much for the guidance! Ordering now, cheers!

No problem glad to help

#6574 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

2 GZ's are better than 1!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Agreed on that . Does Zilla actually do anything or is it just for looks.

2 weeks later
#7285 2 years ago

If you have the ability to do so, just run a cat 5e cable to your machine. The download speed will increase tremendously based on your ISP speed.

Were do you put the ethernet cable on the CPU board? Or do you need a USB adapter. Have you actually done this?

#7293 2 years ago

Port is right there on top of the CPU Board, left of the SD card and USB slots, just right of the molex plugs. See my photo below.
[quoted image]

Glad I asked as I was thinking it was the one on the bottom and that's why I was so confused about it. I didn't see the one on top as I am not tall enough. I know that if you use the bottom one it would bad and maybe destroy the CPU board. Anyway thanks for your help.

2 weeks later
#7862 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here is what I pulled off with the matrix fire LEDs.
2 under the bridge
2 under Drake targets
1 front right of the Drake hiding behind a wireforn
2 inside the ball lock building behind the Drake facing up to backlight the plastic and 1 facing down to light up the metal.
All tied to the shaker thanks to the guidance sushko gave me.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If this is happening it’s your setup. Not the switch.

I have adjusted plenty of switches on games this can happen without it being a setup issue. It is usually just bending the switch down a little bit. It doesn't happen much on Stern games because the switch is curved.

#8073 2 years ago

Custom made Backglass lighting. Interactive with white and red GI. Godzilla flame Interactive with shaker motor. Flashers are tied into the playfield and some other stuff going on. I wish the that they never changed over to just a light. This is the second game that I did this for. My first was AC/DC. I got that game and was so disappointed with just the light bulb I had to do something.

#8092 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

So here is a demo of some comet blue Fire LEDs being triggered by the magnet and a spot on the bridge being triggered by the bridge coil.
Tomorrow I'm going to work on lighting up the mecha rotating shield when the motor runs.

Destruction jackpot

I absolutely love this. I will do the same.

1 week later
#8414 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just for kicks I went to see a local distributor yesterday, told them I could pick up the game myself so no delivery needed, but they quoted me $300 shipping from Stern to them - is that normal??
$8799.99 + $300 "Factory Freight" -

This happened to me on Godzilla LE. I didn't want to make a stink about it because he was doing me a favor by selling me the LE. I would not pay over for a premium though.

#8422 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I got rolled on my pickup of godzilla. Just had to take the manilla wallop on the chin or wait a year buying from someone else. The NIB and used pin market is crazy. I'm sticking to modding for the foreseeable future and will enjoy what I have. Im tired of the greed by some causing everyone to suffer.
Maybe a trade or two. That's it.

I have a nice AC/DC I'm thinking about trading.

#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's me, did rush today[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it still scan with the picture and what did you use to print it?

1 week later
#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i will say, there really shouldn't be a difference between the standard and mothra shooters...check your alignment on where the tip matches with the ball, that your tip cover is sat on correctly, etc.

I actually have the same problem. Both are green so I didn't bother with it. I can't see how you could install it wrong. It's only 3 screws. As far as the rod is concerned not very nice for the money but the only one that was is JP.

1 month later
#10332 1 year ago

Just wanted to show off Steve's work from MI Pinball Refinery. I am so happy with the results.
Thanks Steve for your awesome work.

20220506_081744 (resized).jpg20220506_081744 (resized).jpg20220506_081757 (resized).jpg20220506_081757 (resized).jpg
#10447 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I was thinking about doing this. Color match looks great. How much were you in for with shipping?

95 for the paint job. I think 20 bucks shipping.

1 year later
#21547 11 months ago

What a shame that I will have to mod my Topper to make it reflect the game. I think Stern left me no choice but to make it better. I will post my mods when done. I still think it's better than all the other toppers. I have some awesome ideas. I remember when Elvira topper was released and everyone was making fun of it. Black Knight topper is the best ever and I only paid 399. You win some and you lose some.

1 month later
#22941 9 months ago

Okay just got my Topper and Stern gave me a good base to start on. The light show is really nice. I’m going to add more and some of my own lights. But I think this is a good start.

IMG_0509 (resized).jpegIMG_0509 (resized).jpeg
#23086 9 months ago

Godzilla topper mods finished. I added some monsters and some lighting. Under King Geedorah, we have yellow LEDs. Under Rodin we have a red LEDs. Under jet, jaguar, and Megalon and Angirus, we have red burning fire LEDs. Baby Godzilla has a lit up smoke. I will probably figure so more stuff to do but for now I will enjoy the topper. I would like to say with all the bashing of this topper it’s definitely the best one out there in my opinion.

IMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sushko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=sushko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.