gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The third physical button on my service menu stopped working. How would I fix this and is there a different way to turn up the volume any other way (since it's how at zero)?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My DP and Star Wars both have buttons out in the coin door recently, no disconnected wires and the connectors are seated properly. On DP it’s vol up and SW it’s vol down…makes it a pain in the ass to go through the menu.

I had all four of the service buttons stop working on my IMDN. I eventually narrowed it down to the conductive silicon membrane that makes contact with the PCB. The conductive painted dots were no longer conductive and wouldn't register when pressed down. I had planned to repaint with new carbon conductive paint;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQ4F1T5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

But instead I tried a simpler fix first; adding small squares of copper foil tape. This ended up working great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVZ1G1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

2 weeks later
#6874 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’d like to see a fix for this. They look awesome and hope mine don’t end up in the trash because of breaking apart.

I would suggest if possible, the mod maker should try switching to TPU material. They would be essentially unbreakable.

3 weeks later
#7803 2 years ago

Any confirmation that the video compression was improved from 0.90?

1 month later
#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Let it sit for an hour, it went back into operation. Played 1 game and after that game its stuck in lost ball mode again. It eventually returns to operation, will play a game or two, and then get stuck in lost ball mode again, but eventually clears itself even though no balls are found or ejected. Now it starts all game plays with loading 2x balls in the trough. I guess a sensor or code issue?

Magnetized balls getting hung up in the trough? This can cause weird behavior. Next time it happens, open the coin door and with a flashlight check that the balls are are stacked up tight against the eject end. If they are, go into switch test and make sure all the trough switches are reporting correctly.

Or, you can pull them out of the game again and see if they stick to each other.

2 weeks later
#9700 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well..TMNT MANDO and JP have this. Are there other?

GB was the first, I believe. However it can only be selected through the game menu.

3 weeks later
#10304 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The level 5 power up is harder than the super imo.

No doubt, 21 power-ups! I just played through a game and I think I ended up getting enough, but it seems that if you collect enough for level 5, the power-up at the scoop will remain unlit until mecha godzilla SJP is collected. I of course couldn't get that SJB, so did not get to play the new mode. It sounds super fun. It wasn't clear to me if power-ups were still being collected after level 5 was pending.

Also, I am not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it seems there is a bug with the magna-grab collection behavior. If you go into a MB with the inlane magna-grab lit, rolling over the the switch will consume magna grab actually activating the magnet. This makes sense as it would be impossible to manage the magnet during the MB, but I would expect to either the inlane light to remain intact through the MB or to be automatically relit after the MB completes.

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? I just assumed level 5 would be a different award had you gotten that first.

Yeah I think you get stuck in power-up jail until you get the SJP. Does Mecha jackpot progress carry over to following MBs if the SJB isn't collected?

#10324 1 year ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

I’m still confused. I got the SJP in mechagodzilla and the light behind mechagodzilla went blue, but the mechagodzilla mech was turned with the targets facing me. In other words, the only way to start the mode was a tail whip. I couldn’t hit the spinner to get there cos it was turned away from me. Is that how it’s meant to be?

Tail whip on the prem. Tail whip OR spinner on the pro.

Heat Ray collects on both versions.

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, can now confirm....a super jackpot is easier in Pro, because you just have to hit the spinner. In premium, you have to hit a tail whip since the mech turns, so you should probably just have a heat ray ready.
Though...if you do happen to trap up, I think there is a second where you could wait for the spinner period to timeout, backhand it up the mechagodzilla ramp right before the mech rotates, and it will then score the super jackpot, but not sure how tight that timing has to be.

You know...maybe the SJP can be collected through the spinner on the Prem? I took a closer look at Deadflip's GZ stream from yesterday and what do ya know....the spinner shot did collect the SJP. Not sure why this is.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1476121816?t=2h19m47s

Interestingly enough, on a later game, it behaved differently. My guess is either a bug or a nuance to the code.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1476121816?t=3h3m39s

This is what the tiltforum rulesheet says;

collect it at the Tail Whip / right spinner lane (Tail Whip exclusively on Prem / LE) within 20 seconds.

#10358 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla but where TF is it awarded?!

You collect Mech SJB then power-up #5 at the scoop. After that you shoot through the building to actually start it.

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

So....I just pulled glass to confirm. Once the spinner lights go out, there is a 1-2 second pause before the mech turns. If you go up the ramp during that pause, it will score a super jackpot. Its actually exactly what happens in the first deadflip video you linked to. In the second...it waited the like 2 seconds then turned.

Interesting. Why does the light go out on the first video? It looks like it times out. Isn't that last spinner shot needed after the all the shield targets are cleared?

#10365 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s the build phase of the super JP. Have some time to shoot spinners to increase SJP value. I think he hit the mecha spinner just as it timed out and moved to the SJP as he hit it.

Makes sense. I had never cared about MG or figuring out how to collect power-ups. I feel so emotionally manipulated by this code update. haha

#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahaha. Same. I just let the power ups happen before. Not quite sure how to get them besides just doing stuff.

My go to for ghetto farming is three consecutive loops. Everything else boils down to "do something normal to game play"

From TiltForums:

Making a Super Secret Skill Shot - +2
Completing a Tier 1 Kaiju Battle - +2 for 1st try, +1 otherwise
1st City conquered - +2
Super Jackpot during Godzilla & Jet Jaguar VS. Megalon & Gigan - +1
Starting Powerline Attack - +1
Winning Tesla Strike - +2
Starting Bridge Attack Multiball - +1
Starting Tank Attack Multiball - +1
Collecting a Destruction Jackpot - +1
Enter a new City through City Select - +1
Collecting a City Combo - +1
Super Jackpot during Godzilla Multiball - +1
Starting Mechagodzilla Multiball - +1
Starting Saucer Attack Multiball - +2
Starting Jet Fighter Attack - +1
Winning Jet Fighter Attack - +1
27, 39, 51, etc. Jet Fighters defeated - +1
Starting Monster Rampage - +2
Lit Super Spinner - +1
Consecutive loops - +1 for 3 loops, +2 for 9?
Tail Whips - +2
3, 20, 30, 40, etc. Trains - +2
Collecting a Mystery Award - +1
Collecting 5 Secret Combos - +2

#10527 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Jesus Christ, The last time I asked ya’ll told me to shoot the scoop

haha....NO. I said through the building.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/208#post-6917589

The jokes on me though. Knowing how to do it apparently isn't enough to actually make it happen. I have had several combinations of collecting enough power ups or Mecha SJP, but only twice both at the same time. And both times I boofed it. I think one of them I collected 5thPU at the same time as starting another battle so got stuck in that and drained out. Ugh...

#10572 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Does anyone know if the saucer extra ball qualifier changed in the latest update?
I played around 6-7 games tonight, and was just jamming on the saucer. Feel like I should've got at least one, but nothing!

For a long time I didn't realize that you only destroy a saucer when the blue "saucer attack" insert is lit. I also didn't realize that it was on a very short timer, so you might not see it before it turns off and you have start over with the hits. So you can wail on the bumper all day long and still not destroy any if you don't pay attention to that insert.

If the ball trips only the lower switch of the shooter lane, "saucer attack" is lit instantly. It can really only happen by accident, but it is more often than you would think. I make it a priority to hit the pop when this happens and I am able to collect that EB pretty much every game.

#10581 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Saucer Attack multiball mode never seems to get mentioned on this threat, but I think it is awesome! You have to hit the saucer 6 times to qualify followed by hitting saucer 7th time to start. It is a fun mode if you haven't done it yet. Kind of freaks you out at first because flippers go dead.

Agreed! I especially enjoy the mode music and sound effects. I see it so rarely, I haven't bother to figure out wtf to do.

1 week later
#10970 1 year ago

Moving Terror of MG and Monster Zero down to Level 4 power-up is much appreciated. It does sting a little that you have to get up to Level 8 (!!) to play the one not chosen. Yikes!

1 week later
#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And on to the switches inside the door…
[quoted image]
The board inside the black holder is bad on my game. I pulled the switch assembly out of my Deadpool, and the menus on GZ worked perfectly with it. Nothing to actually fix with membrane switches, so I’ll just call my distributor and have him get me a new set of switches. When I get a new game I tend to tweak settings, and I just can’t abide having the menu navigation not be smooth.

Try manually shorting the board traces to ground without the membrane. I bet it works fine. I had all buttons eventually stop working on my IMDN, and it was 100% from the button side. I used conductive foil tape between the board and the membrane contacts and they work better than new. I had also bought some conductive ink in case the foil tape didn't work, but didn't need to try that. I have three recently built games, GZ/DP/JP and they all have some difficulty registering presses. I plan to foil tape them all. I'll take some pictures when I do.

#11338 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Will be looking forward to this in case it happens again as well for others to troubleshoot. Assuming it just involves removing the membrane from the PCB and applying a small cutout of the tape. Thanks

Yep. Super simple.

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s way too far from the start button. That 300 million is also had by a nice 2x megalon mode. That’s like 5-6 shots away from starting.
If you play long enough to get to one of the mini wizards, your score should be almost a billion already.
Hard to concentrate on power ups. Just let them happen.
Selling out on hitting the scoop can end your game prematurely too. Basically you never want to shoot the scoop with only powerup lit. Get more for your money.

Yeah I agree with this. Powerups build as you do "things". Just do regular "things" and the powerups will be there waiting. The small caveat to that is, if I have a clean shot at a loop, I will always try to get 3 in a row specifically for a powerup +1. This depends on how clean that loop shot is in the game you are playing. I find it more difficult trying to determine when it makes sense to jump out of city early and when to complete the four city goals. I also haven't quite figured out if there is a clear advantage to hold certain MBs for specific stacking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.