Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbyirl5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1015 2 years ago

Just arrived (late). Unpacked because it was on a flatbed through a few drizzles (w/tarp) so wanted to check for moisture. Haven’t plugged in because I’d be up all night, but should be a good weekend!

297D3F65-FFF0-4A72-9DB2-F8A5374E72C7 (resized).jpeg297D3F65-FFF0-4A72-9DB2-F8A5374E72C7 (resized).jpeg437C6C2A-61BB-4E97-A5F0-41CF47C27B39 (resized).jpeg437C6C2A-61BB-4E97-A5F0-41CF47C27B39 (resized).jpeg
#1077 2 years ago

Wow, it's good. To me, the shots feel easier than any other Elwins (not so tight), but wow it's fast (reminds of of Tron a little bit), and the toys are sick. I'm about 25 games in, learning the rules on the fly, but stacking Kaiju fight with one of the multiballs is a good way to score! 850M is my top score so far. Not a 30 minute game by any means, feels like the ball times are short.

#1347 2 years ago

After about 50 full games (probably 100 “started” games), still freaking amazing. A couple of comments:

-plays way better at 6.9/7 degrees than 6.5.

-only cheap drains (in my humble opinion) are created by the pop bumper. Maybe some sort of ball save if the ball drains up to .25 seconds after a pop hit in the next code? I think R&M had similar feature with its sling pop

-I haven’t gotten all the way through it, but seems like there is a risk/reward system like GnR in that second column of monster fights called fight or flee. I got to it but of course drained as quickly as the pinball gods would allow (every time I’ve gotten there).

Top 5 (maybe top 1) game at .80 code. Can’t wait for the code to develop!

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Actually I went steeper to 7 and it seems better ? I was low .

steepening it fixed a few SDTM's for me too. A powerful shot to the middle orbit (exiting above the upper flipper) would come off and go SDTM at 6.5 degrees. Steepening fixed it. Assuming this is like the other Elwins, wants to be right around or just under 7.

#1432 2 years ago

Maybe I just don't know where to shoot, but I've been mid-battle with some monsters, and sitting there holding the ball with no lit shots. So it feels like I'm done, but ramp shots don't light the scoop, and I think I can hear him counting down (so I'm still in the battle), but no lit shots to shoot at. Is this a code issue, or am I just not getting creative enough in looking for where to shoot it? Just happened a couple of times.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

All of the Tier I battles have a set order or shot location except for Megalon. Ebirah is all three spinners finishing with the pop bumper, Titanosaurus is the powerline targets left to right, then maser cannon, then magna-grab, and Gigan is the left and right ramp shots. Megalon is a PITA because shots only stay lit for about 10 seconds, they jump to random new locations, and there are sometimes delays before a shot is lit. So you might not be crazy, there may not have been a shot available.

I think it was titanosourus, maybe didn’t see the powerline targets lit up.

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is this normal?

Post passes on the game are huge lob passes.
Have the game at 6.5 but the bubble (which I know isn't always accurate) is way up to the top.
On all my other games, which are set at 6.5, the bubble is close to the middle.
Thoughts?[quoted image]

Plays much better at 6.9/7. I’d use PinGuy, not the bubble.

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Anyone else using their knee to charge the heat ray? Or their belly? Or what ever else is available?

I’ve used my chin lol

1 week later
#2414 2 years ago

Can’t keep up with all the posts so I apologize if this is discussed. I’ve played quite a few games on the LE, still so hard to walk away from, loving it.

A couple things, I think it needs the flipper cooling fans, are the rest of you experiencing that? After about 30 mins and wicked multiballs, mine get weak.

My shooter lane is clunky. I thought that was the cost of that extra real estate and I played my buddies and could hit the skill shot pretty consistently. Mine seems to do something different at the same power plunge every time, banging around in that left turn. Wondering where I might start here. It does get stuck coming back down on that switch, maybe that thing is too high and causing the issue going up as well.

This game is so good!!!

#2481 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I find that I'm having trouble lighting more than one Kaiju Battle. Sometimes I fail a Battle and then its re-lit at the scoop automatically, but other times I feel like I beat the Battle and I can't re-light it by shooting the ramps, like I'd expect. Is there more to it? What am I missing?

I think you have to change cities. When all else fails start hitting ramps and something will light up.

1 week later
#3149 2 years ago

Two questions about how this was meant to play, going to a friends to help him tune his-

Tail whip lane return, mine typically comes to my left flipper (I believe that’s the way it’s designed). My buddy’s machine it seems to hit the top of the right sling rubber and come down to the flippers differently every time (not real predictable). Not sure what the fix would be here (unless I can bend the lane return guide).

Scoop eject - mine hits my left flipper every time and I can’t deadflip it over the right flipper, will roll up the inlane a bit and right back down to the right flipper for a controlled shot. On his machine it shoots out so hard that a deadflip put it back to the right sling, which is dangerous. Maybe just turn down the scoop coil?

4 months later
#8890 2 years ago

I can’t be the first person with this problem so I apologize if it’s all over this forum, there are just a lot of posts. What are you all doing for stuck balls in this location off the plunge?

88766D7E-C619-4DE0-9787-AC86D481E2FF (resized).jpeg88766D7E-C619-4DE0-9787-AC86D481E2FF (resized).jpeg
#8965 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Anyone else getting ball hang ups here?
[quoted image]

Look back a page I just asked the same question and got some good responses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbyirl5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=robbyirl5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.