PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1452 2 years ago

Just got LE #852 from Orange County Pinballs, they set it all up and tested it, looking good!

PXL_20211102_193937818 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_193937818 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_201125948 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_201125948 (resized).jpg
#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Sweet! I have both of those coming. How you liking them so far?

I love Halloween, haven't played Godzilla yet because I had to leave right after they finished setting it all up

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I love Halloween, haven't played Godzilla yet because I had to leave right after they finished setting it all up

Ok...finally played it. I avoided videos of the game and ignored it at the recent California Extreme because I wanted to play it first at home, and oh my it's badass. I'm not big Godzilla fan but the pin is just plain fun to shoot and so cheesy that I love it. Stern's Insider Connected is such a pleasant surprise as well, getting achievements on a pin reminds me of those first achievements I got way back on the Xbox 360 when they launched Xbox Live. I love it and I'm really glad that Stern is starting to look at things that specifically benefit the home buyer. I do need to brush up on my Godzilla lore because I always thought he was bad, but then he's saving us from the other crazy monsters so he's good...but then he goes back to smashing stuff so he's bad...I dunno, I need to read up on all that to figure out who's side the green dude is on. Good job Stern, even with early code this one is a home run!

#1559 2 years ago

Just put a 25 year old Velodyne sub back into service with the Pinsub Spike kit, sounds pretty cool. Was curious, for those that add an external sub do you disable the pins built in sub or do you just leave both active?

PXL_20211103_231924500 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_231924500 (resized).jpg
#1801 2 years ago

So what are peoples best scores so far?

PXL_20211106_015318277 (resized).jpgPXL_20211106_015318277 (resized).jpg
#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Had a nice one on game 20 or so. Haven’t gotten close to that since.
[quoted image]

I knew I sucked at pinball and this confirms it lol.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is it just me and Rarehero with the upper flipper loop issue on LEs? Can anyone get a bunch of continuous loops or does the ball leave the path?

Most loops I've done so far is three.

Quoted from Mr68:

I got the building loaded on my first game and all three balls launched SDTM. Please tell me this was a fluke.

Same here, but they auto launch again so I'm leaving it be.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put my pinwoofers in yesterday. Amazing upgrade in sound .

I'm currently using the stock LE speaker setup with an external sub, you think the pinwoofer stern kit would be a major upgrade over that? Just asking because I kinda like having moved the low end out of the pin cabinet itself, seems to minimize rattle.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

That’s what my hope is. Curious, did you disconnect the cabinet woofer altogether? I’m also using the stock speakers (LE) and external sub and it still doesn’t compare with my two Stern pins with the kit. Sure, it’s a pinball machine, but it’s a pinball machine I spend a lot of time listening to.

I've left the internal sub connected but I may try disconnecting it both to see the sound difference and to remove more rattles from the cabinet. I have that pinnovators kit that splits the external sub to 5 machines, definitely curious about the pinwoofer setup but I'm not really an audiophile so I was wondering how noticeable it would be to me.

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Rarehero:
“I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality.”
Wow - big difference. This should be pinned for all owners to change. Assuming it’s just the LE speakers right?

Where do you make that change? I couldn't find the setting in the menus, and in the back box I can see the speakers are labeled 4 ohms but can't see how to change it to 8 ohms.

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Utility, Volume menus

Thanks! Tried it, definitely sounds louder but once I normalize volume level (compared to 8 ohm setting) it sounds different, not sure if better? It's odd though because the speakers themselves clearly say 4ohm on them.

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: My game shows 8 ohm as the default. Late build game and arrived with V.8.0

Interesting, mine also came with V 8.0 code and also shows 8 ohm as the "default" setting, but it was actually set to 4 ohm from the factory.

2 weeks later
#4055 2 years ago

Still not part of the billion club but getting there, this is my best so far with two free balls earned this game. Definitely my favorite post year 2000 Stern pinball machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.