IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pluto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4058 2 years ago

Got my hands on a Godzilla for the first time today and man it was fun. My distributor just took delivery of my Premium today (although I won't be able to take delivery for awhile) I am now more stoked for this machine than ever.

Shots were a blast and, more importantly, all felt fair and makeable. I had AIQ Premium before this and maybe it was just my setup but I dreaded the Marvel ramp. I just hated shooting it. But, at least on Pro Godzilla, no shot felt like an unnecessarily hard shot. The one I struggled with the most was the left spinner (maser cannon I think?) but eventually when I ripped it man it felt good.

Put up a score of 440,715,890 (thanks Insider Connected) and it felt so good doing it. And that's without even really fully understanding the rule set. I got a few really great multiballs to thank for that total and only defeated one Kaiju but this machine is the truth for me right now.

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

My Pro is supposed to be delivered Monday. Woot! But I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Premium Translight? I really like the Prem. Translight, but don't actually feel like I need all the extra features. The Pro is enough for me on this one.
Does anyone sell them, or are there any owners that have a spare for some reason?

Shot you a message about a trade!

1 month later
#6776 2 years ago

I haven't taken delivery of my Premium just yet as I'm in between houses but I have a pair of Pin Stadiums that I got for my AIQ but may put them on my Godzilla. Anyone equipped theirs with Pin Stadiums yet that can share pics / videos / just thoughts on if they're worth it?

1 month later
#8295 2 years ago

Was playing some today and had my first real issue I've noticed. My building will come down for Godzilla Multiball but the bar on the roof holding the balls in place won't lift high enough to release them. Then it'll return to original position and ball search, lower the building again and without fail the second attempt releases them correctly. Went into service menu and tested (there is a ball stuck there currently) but when I go to the 4th floor in the tests the bar just doesn't raise high enough to let the ball out.

Anyone seen this and have a fix?

#8344 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Was playing some today and had my first real issue I've noticed. My building will come down for Godzilla Multiball but the bar on the roof holding the balls in place won't lift high enough to release them. Then it'll return to original position and ball search, lower the building again and without fail the second attempt releases them correctly. Went into service menu and tested (there is a ball stuck there currently) but when I go to the 4th floor in the tests the bar just doesn't raise high enough to let the ball out.
Anyone seen this and have a fix?

Decided to add a video to show the problem. It just seems the mech doesn't go all the way down to lift the bar even when I push it down and have adjusted the bias to be as low as possible.

Anyone seen this and can offer help to fix?

#8348 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to adjust the building so bottom position is lower. Change to adjust mode to do that.
You can see the instructions in the TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. Click TOPIC INDEX. Then click on KEYPOST SUMMARY to sort by post names, then look for TECH:PLAYFIELD and there's a link about adjusting the building itself.
Looking at your issue, it seems like the building just isn't going down quite far enough.

Hey! That's what I had done before I took this video, but even with the bias at it's max (lowest position) value it's still not far down enough until I give it that extra push with my finger as seen in the video. It's a brand new machine (90ish total plays) and this problem only cropped up maybe 5 plays ago. Before that it was perfect.

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Hey! That's what I had done before I took this video, but even with the bias at it's max (lowest position) value it's still not far down enough until I give it that extra push with my finger as seen in the video. It's a brand new machine (90ish total plays) and this problem only cropped up maybe 5 plays ago. Before that it was perfect.

PinMonk

Just wanted to close this out in case anyone experiences this issue as well. Apparently, through play, the two screws at the back of the building mech had come loose such that when the building tried to lower they would catch on the playfield and not allow the building to completely lower. Crazy simple fix but was racking my brain as to what was going on until I had a tech take a look at it and he found it!

#8559 2 years ago

While I love this game and have fun playing it but I've found myself playing my JP Premium more because I am SO bad at the left ramp shot on GZ. Like I feel like even with fewer plays on JP I feel confident I can hit MOST shots when needed with confidence but the left ramp on GZ is the bane of my existence. Anyone else struggle with it a ton?

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

It's a tough shot for sure. Seems like it has to be really clean to make it. I feel like I'm getting better at hitting it more consistently but some games it's hard to find.

I have seriously gone entire games without ever hitting it once. Needless to say progress was limited but my shot was just SO off.

#8572 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

It's the one I have the hardest with as well, but if I just put in a bit of hyper focus I'll make it eventually. Least once I make it one time, for most of the aspects of the game I can ignore it for a while.
It's not like IMDN where both the ramps are a pain to hit (more so than the left GZ), and you constantly have to hit them for the majority of the modes.

I agree I'm glad it's not consistently necessary really. But it does mean I avoid Gigan at all costs unless my building is in the lock position. Perks of premium, I suppose!

1 month later
#9885 2 years ago

Two questions for the group here:
1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.

2) Any good scoring paths people have discovered? I'm hovering around 250m per game but really want to hit that Billion mark. Are people going for Planet X or just destroying a city for annihilation and carnage bonuses to really boost their score? Would love to hear some strats!

4 weeks later
#10638 1 year ago

I'm sure it isn't just me so this is mostly just to commiserate together but my GZ Premium outlanes are the hungriest things I've ever seen. I picked up JP and DP after my GZ and I find myself playing them more because I feel like I don't have as many frustrating drains in them due to that damn pop bumper just blazing the ball to the outlanes. Love the code and updates that have come but man do the drains frustrate me more than other pins.

#10692 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If you think GZ bad, then you should avoid AIQ.

AIQ Prem was my first NIB, and pin, ever. I actually sold it less than a year later because the code was too frustrating. Losing a gem and having it be gone the entire game unless you collected and gambled the soul gem was SO annoying.

But, you're right, the out lanes there were also annoying.

#10731 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The outer posts that regulate ball entry into the side out lanes (on both sides) can be removed from the pf and reinserted back into existing adjacent holes for the purpose of reducing the width of the opening to the out lanes. I did this on my GZ Prem because the out lanes sucked up balls like a vacuum, but since moving the posts over, the out lane drains are much less frequent, and playing is much less frustrating. If you look closely on the pf next to these posts, you can see the add'l holes for relocating the posts. At the left out lane, you can even move that post out to increase the size of the opening to get more drains there.

Great to know! I might actually try this. Thank you for the tip.

Quoted from bocce:

there is an adjustment that disables Thanos stealing your gems. Doesn’t help with the outlanes though

I had NO clue about this. This would've made my experience way better.

#10782 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The outer posts that regulate ball entry into the side out lanes (on both sides) can be removed from the pf and reinserted back into existing adjacent holes for the purpose of reducing the width of the opening to the out lanes. I did this on my GZ Prem because the out lanes sucked up balls like a vacuum, but since moving the posts over, the out lane drains are much less frequent, and playing is much less frustrating. If you look closely on the pf next to these posts, you can see the add'l holes for relocating the posts. At the left out lane, you can even move that post out to increase the size of the opening to get more drains there.

I see the holes but curious if there are any tutorials for moving posts. I've done some modding to pins but never messed with rubbers or posts! Would love some guidance.

#10792 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

To move the posts guarding the entry to the side out lanes (to change the width of the opening into the out lanes) you must 1st remove the nut and washer for the post from beneath the pf (see pic) and then tap upward (with a hammer) on the threaded post shaft until it's flush with the bottom of the pf (it's a very tight fit and you might have to tap pretty hard to get the post to move upward). Then, using a drift pin of a smaller diameter than the post shaft, tap the drift pin upward against the post shaft until the post comes completely out of the pf. Then I would put some soap onto the post shaft to make it go back in easier than it came out. Pick the new adjacent hole for this post and pound it in and secure the nut & washer on from beneath the pf. Repeat for the post guarding entry to the other side out lane and the job is now done.[quoted image]

Wow, thanks for this! I'll be installing some pinwoofers this weekend so I'll use that time to do this probably.

3 weeks later
#11443 1 year ago

Got my first Monster Zero today. So much fun. It has been a bit since I've been in a wizard mode on any of my pins. My heart was racing. Only scored 60 million as I didn't really understand the mode and didn't do any jackpot building but I was able to lock all 3 balls before the victory mode started.

Still trying to crack my first 1B.

#11489 1 year ago

Had my first 1 billion game on my GZ Prem yesterday. Played rampage, got 2 EBs and got to play Monster Zero. I was SWEATING. I still need to really figure out how to more effectively get that score up because I feel I've seen content creators and stuff breeze past the 1 billion mark and it felt like a marathon for me.

Seems to be the annihilation bonuses, DJ and carnage mostly?

#11670 1 year ago

Question for the group. Wife and I replaced our slingshots with Titan Rubbers today (first time doing this) and after re-screwing everything down we noticed the ball, when on the corkscrew ramp actually makes contact with the other wireform. When it's rolling slowly it can get caught, when it has full momentum from the building it makes contact but continues rolling.

We didn't test before hand, but this seems like it's not what should be going on but before we start bending or undoing things wanted to just sanity check with the group here: the ball touching the other wireform isn't intended, right?

Video:

Thanks!

#11672 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Let’s see pictures of your slings. You maybe have put the wireform back incorrectly

Hopefully this helps!

IMG_1549 (resized).jpgIMG_1549 (resized).jpgIMG_1550 (resized).jpgIMG_1550 (resized).jpgIMG_1551 (resized).jpgIMG_1551 (resized).jpgIMG_1552 (resized).jpgIMG_1552 (resized).jpg
#11675 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Only suggestion is to make sure your lefts side sling posts and screws are all the way down against the playfield. It looks good in the pics though.
Something is causing the wire forms to be too close together

I may have the solution, however unintended, I made sure my left side was tight and I loosened the right side JUST a hair. Now it sails through with extremely minimal touch and no matter the speed gets through. Probably the best I can do.

Thanks for the sounding board, Tiltbob!

#11702 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So IMHO I would loosen the right side and add another washer or two on the post threads under the wire ramp loop, then retighten up the right side nut. Too loose and the ramp will move causing the ball to hang-up on the drop.

You nailed it. Played a few games today and the ball was coming on the wireform to the right flipper and couldn't drop into the in-lane because the wireform had shifted to the left a hair because of the loosened bolt.

Do you know the size of the additional washer I need off hand?

#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

We are now live with the Godzilla tutorial. Don’t be shy, ask questions.
http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

Just wanted to say thank you for the tutorial. I watched the VOD and already set a GC on my GZ Prem at around 1.2 billion. My GC before then wasn't TOO much lower - just past the 1 bn mark - but now I feel more focused. Before I found myself trying to battle and leave the city ASAP. I was merely chasing EBs to try to make my low ball average build my score across more balls. But now I'm more focused on the annihilation hits and stacking Rodan with Bridge, Tesla or Tank to make those annihilation hits as massive as possible. Also seeing you be so consistent with the little nudge pass to farm Gigan and Jets with the right ramp was eye opening and now those are so easy!

Would encourage anyone interested to watch.

#12011 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just got a premium over the weekend. Is there any adjustment for the ball release from the roof of the building? The balls just go straight down the drain. The game seems to be level left/right.

I got this mod and it helps a ton: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#12194 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have installed mirror blades on all of my games. Anyone instal mirrors on their Godzilla?
Can I install art blades (if I go that route) without taking the playfield out?
Thanks!

You don't have to take the playfield out. It's a tight fight but what I've found works best as a two person job is push the playfield as far as it can go while in the up position to the opposite side of the side of the cabinet you're currently putting the art blade in. Line up the blade and then cut like 3-5 inches of the protective material over the adhesive from the front of the blade (nearest the flippers) and stick that into place. Then just slowly keep the back of the blade held and peel the protective material back as you go.

A lot of people will suggest the wet method, but I've found this method, assuming you have a second set of hands, to be really really easy.

1 week later
#12505 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Is there a way to choose who you get for Summon Ally? Tilt Forum says the right flipper button controls it. But when do you select it, and how do you know which you pick?

There is a Mothra, Anguirus and Rodan insert just outside the scoop and it rotates which is selected when you have Light Ally lit and press the right flipper. So the best way is to cradle the left flipper, choose your Ally with the right and then shoot the scoop.

9 months later
#20445 1 year ago

I've officially joined the "magnet plastic broken by bridge" club. It was a good run.

What's the most optimal fix that people have been rolling with once it happens?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pluto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pluto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.