PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good distributor? Or would it be better to just order/pick up right from Stern? What kind of prices are you guys getting on a Premium?

I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You're thinking of Game Exchange in Denver.

Yes, that was them -

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I would recommend Flip N Out Pinball. Talk to Zach. They are in Indiana.
The Colorado company was probably Game Exchange of Colorado? JJ Babich there is great too.

Great, thank you!

And yes, Game Exchange it was -

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm sure the designer is a factor with the more serious pinball enthusiast crowd, but the average person and operators I'd imagine would go largely by theme.
That said I suppose that makes sense for an LE sellout given that only more hardcore fans would be looking to buy immediately upon announcement, let alone even be aware if the announcement.
I'm curious though in recent history has there ever been an LE that didn't sell out very fast? Not counting gouged prices, but at msrp.

I'm going for a Premium, but I had no intention of ever getting another NIB game, not at the prices they are now. I've loved Godzilla since I was a kid though, and when I saw this wasn't the new, fat Godzilla with razor sharp teeth, but the old one that I watched on tv (late 60s, early 70s), plus the interesting layout and cool mechs, I thought well, maybe.... Showed it to the wife, she thought it looked cool, and she said "Sell something and let's get it"...

So, now trying to decide if I sell my only NIB game (Met LE MoP), or sell a lesser game and add to the slush fund.

#124 2 years ago

Officially in on a Premium. Won't get it til the next run, first quarter 2022.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't find any other threads on Godzilla either?

LOL....

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

For those who have ordered NIB sterns in the past, is there any real benefit or disadvantages in waiting for later in the production run? The only thing I can think of is if you get an early production run is that you will have to address any service bulletins and update the code, but to me that's not a big deal. I was talking to a follow pinhead and they were firm on waiting out until games had the production bugs worked out (didn't give any specific examples). But I've talked to others who got first runs and never had any issues.
I plan to get a Premium Godzilla, it will be my first NIB, but I don't see an advantage by waiting for later production or getting in early other than getting the game as early as possible... any thoughts on this?

If you haven't ordered one yet, you aren't getting one from the first run anyways. I can't think of any horror stories of a game that needed a huge rework after release. The assumption that 2nd runs will have bugs worked out may be true, but the inverse might be also - they may change something because they found a cheaper supplier, thereby creating an issue that wasn't there previously.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean, it's been 17 years, but maybe they're still doing that...how long was the layaway period?

He's still making payments, 9.99 a month...

3 weeks later
#402 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow that Premium translight looks amazing.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they had kept the Japanese like the Pro. Weird they took it off for the Prem and LE...

I think the Premium one is killer, with Ghidorahs wings spread out, he has one of its heads in his hand -

1 week later
#703 2 years ago

I know they're gonna have these at expo next week, and there are some within 30 min of me, but I think I'm gonna wait til my Premium gets here in 2022 and play my first game with my wife. Our 2nd NIB game ever.

She's excited to get it, but I think part of that is because she knows how excited I am.

Maybe I should post that in the "Confessional" thread.....

2 weeks later
#1824 2 years ago

Walking past the magazines at Meijer yesterday and grabbed this.....

20211105_150046 (resized).jpg20211105_150046 (resized).jpg
#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Go to settings, then adjustments, then game. These are the options, I prefer rock .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did u get the speaker grills?

07652186d8273c340f3ae6996a3de4f6166fe5d0 (resized).jpg07652186d8273c340f3ae6996a3de4f6166fe5d0 (resized).jpg
#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not grills, SpeakerLightKits.com

I saw those at Expo last week - their site says "coming soon" -

Did they come w the cityscape too?

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The city is in the acrylics section, as an add on.

THank you!

#1889 2 years ago

Crap, I ordered my Premium 4 days after they were released from Tilt, and was told yesterday we will be lucky to get 2nd run in March, may have to wait til Nov 2022.

1 month later
#5307 2 years ago

I slacked off on this thread a week or 2 after the games started shipping, when it went from a "wow, what a great game" thread to "how do I stop airballs from landing behind Mechagodzilla", simply because I won't be getting my Premium until March (hopefully) and want to discover it myself, good and bad. But I spent about 3 hours catching up on over 1000 posts this Christmas morning, and I have about $400 in mods ordered for this thing already. Can't wait to get my hands on my own game.

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

For those folks that have the bank mod, what tool are you using to trim Godzilla’s elbow?
If you painted him, what did you do about the back spikes? Some of the inside areas of the spikes look tough to reach.
[quoted image]

I literally got mine in the mail less than an hour ago. I thought someone said you can use a file or dremel or exacto knife (not too confident about THAT one) for the elbow.

Nobody is gonna see the back of him. In fact, I'm not painting him at all, that looks pretty close to the color he's supposed to be. I understand people are painting him to look more like he is on the playfield and backglass, but to me it looks silly for him to be that bright green. The pf and backglass are more a comic/cartoon version of him, whereas the bank isnt.....

Just my 2 cents worth, which probably ain't even worth that.

I have the train cars and the fire leds on the way too - damn cool looking mod. Hope I get my game in March lol

#5557 2 years ago

Ordered this to make as a topper. Will go with RGB, or green LEDs. I have the Neca movie poster Godzilla in the game so decided to go with this 1954 Godzilla.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted

Damn. That's cool - so is all the stuff on the shelves!

1 week later
#6037 2 years ago

So who all sells game blades for this now? Wizard, Tilt, and eventually Stern?

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

2/3 isn’t bad lol. I have the wizard ones and look great. Really good quality. I did not want to wait for stern to release them. They can’t even get Mando premiums out from or shooter rod. Forget about the topper at this point.

I think i like those better too, the monsters are actually on there, the TILT ones are just cityscape - but they look good too! I just prefer more monsters!

1 month later
#8265 2 years ago

I was just told by my distributor no Premiums shipping til fall 2022.

#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I thought by dropping a new release this year Stern was working on backlog. This info seems to be at odds with that. I thought I saw somewhere there was going to be 3 runs of Godzilla before the fall.

I heard there was a run scheduled for March, that's why I emailed him. Put my order in on day 4 after game release and was told I may be on tail end of the March run.

Maybe I can get one thru a different distributor.

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Was just told by my distributor that they are 2 weeks behind, but godzilla is being done before avengers, so end of the month for my pro.

Wonder if it's just the Premiums that are behind.

#8304 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I say, there's enough of us waiting that we could have our own club.

I already have $400 in mods for the thing and MAYBE getting it this month, outlook not so good....

#8366 2 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Seeing a lot of posts from members saying they weren't into the theme before playing. Any Godzilla fans around here? This was a dream theme for me, I couldn't believe Stern were going through with it. They could have taken the license in so many directions, but the one they went with is perfect for pinball!

I used to run home from school for Monster Week on the 4:30 Movie to watch Godzilla. I wasn't interested when it was announced as the next game, figuring they'd go with the chunky version in the modern movies, but when I saw it was MY Godzilla, with all those old clips from the 60s and 70s, I pulled the trigger on a Premium. It will be our 2nd NIB game ever. Unfortunately I ordered 4 days after release and won't see the game til fall. I'll just keep adding to the pile of mods I have going already.

#8405 2 years ago

Just for kicks I went to see a local distributor yesterday, told them I could pick up the game myself so no delivery needed, but they quoted me $300 shipping from Stern to them - is that normal??

$8799.99 + $300 "Factory Freight" -

#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I assume they're also charging sales tax since they are local?

Yeah, sales tax is just under $700 -

#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

More towers out going tomorrow
[quoted image]

i really wanted to see this in person before i pulled the trigger on another mod for a game I probably wont get for 6 months but what the hell. Enough people have said they don't block sight of anything.

#8484 2 years ago

Here's a stupid question, if u buy a game from an out of state distributor do u have to pay sales tax?

#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It's not a stupid question. The answer is no.

That's good news. Like $700 worth.

#8510 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Old thinking. It totally depends on the state in question and the distributors nexus condition with that state.
More and more states are requiring they collect tax… but the thresholds are not uniform

THats what I read also - my buddy picked up his LE at Expo and paid no shipping or taxes, MSRP only.

7 months later
#16552 1 year ago

My GZ PRemium has about 40 plays on it, yesterday all of a sudden the building isnt going down far enough to release the balls from the roof?

They need about another 1/2" of clearance t be able to drop off the roof - it'll go into ball search, eventually lower the building again but still not be eough to release them....

2 months later
#18288 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I honestly do not know how it could be made clearer. I am open to suggestions.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/High-Power-Connection-North-America-(3).html
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

It's been a few months since I installed mine but -

I've reassembled cars that I brought home in pieces easier than installing these. By far THE most convoluted instructions for a mod I've ever seen - back and forth from one page to another totally different one, only to find out I was supposed to put THIS on THIS side and not the OTHER side BEFORE i did THAT -

They look great, I think we all agree on that, but christ it took 3 times longer than it should have.

1 week later
#18493 1 year ago

Framed the print i got off etsy last week w a $7.99 frame from Michael's.

Colors look much better in person.

20230122_195921 (resized).jpg20230122_195921 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.