PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Post sleeves - 1/2 inch: are for the older DE games as noted in the parentheses.
Posts sleeves - Stern slim tapered: never used these but post sleeves get chewed up like crazy from bricked shots, I would not recommend these unless you want to change sleeves every 50 games.
Post sleeves standard: these are what I use on all of my machines. They are great and last quite a long time and won’t leave black poop all over your machine.
Not sure why people are saying not to change out the rubbers on your machine. It’s one of the first things I do and really isn’t that hard to do. Just take lots of pictures and do one section at a time. It’s also a good time to clean your machine with Novus too. Might as well install cliffys which I highly recommend to protect your Playfield while you have the game torn down.

You want the thin Stern tapered, they are thinner at the base/fatter at the top and thus cut down on airballs, as the angle of the sleeve in effect pushes the ball back toward the Playfield. I believe the factory sleeves are all tapered now, so you're making the game more prone to airballs with the older standard sleeves... Bad idea.

#2253 2 years ago

The building exit shot having no inserts and really no function is a pretty big negative imo. Yes, I see you can get a double-super if you hit that shot vs the main building shot, but it still just feels like a non-shot somehow. Needs an insert or something and/or more obvious effect during regular gameplay.

Does it even score building damage in normal play? Didn't seem like it did.

Still was a ton of fun overall - and I can't wait for my Pro, just paid my invoice.

#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So are pros shipping also?

My Pro is scheduled with FedEx for delivery this Tues. (Nov 16).

I don't know if I got lucky and got one someone cancelled on to upgrade to a Premium or what, or if Stern is pumping out Pros now. The impression I got was it was ready earlier than expected and thus Stern must be building Pros now.

I'll be interested to see the build date when it gets here next week/I'll post back on that...

#2738 2 years ago

My Pro arrived today - built November 9th and delivered the 16th. My first NIB, two thumbs up for Zach at FlipNOut for friendly, great service btw. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

Snapped a couple pics with the back-saving lift system I built to help when lifting the rear to put the legs on - from a thread here on pinside but I've forgotten whose design that was. Works perfectly... 20211116_180244 (resized).jpg20211116_180244 (resized).jpg

20211116_093027 (resized).jpg20211116_093027 (resized).jpg20211116_171815 (resized).jpg20211116_171815 (resized).jpg20211116_175434 (resized).jpg20211116_175434 (resized).jpg20211116_175907 (resized).jpg20211116_175907 (resized).jpg20211116_185519 (resized).jpg20211116_185519 (resized).jpg20211116_185611 (resized).jpg20211116_185611 (resized).jpg
#2741 2 years ago

I've had good luck with Pinball Leveler by Nottud on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

I've not compared it with a digital level, but I'm fairly sensitive to side-to-side level being off when playing. I always calibrate it against my professionally leveled pool table, and the app seems pretty accurate when used to level a machine then.

#2956 2 years ago

Anyone know any likely locations to have one of these 3/4 inch to maybe 1 inch long hex posts come loose from?

Was playing a multi-ball and this came rolling down the Playfield, but I can't spot where it's from. Two of these are under the clear plastic near the Mazer canon area, and two more under similar clear plastic just to the right of the right ramp - but those are all in place...

20211118_154526 (resized).jpg20211118_154526 (resized).jpg
#3047 2 years ago

I can see the "empty" criticism, but I have to say I'm loving my Pro. Its nice to have a fairly open middle playfield with the shots pushed out and back - makes it a real shooters game with shots that feel far away imo.

I think I probably will add that tesla strike tower mod, along with a bridge. I think having a bridge model will make the magna grab shot feel more like you're bashing the bridge, even if it doesn't move. That shot is a little flat feeling or something as-is - I'm not getting Keith's patented "kinetic satisfaction" with that shot currently.

#3120 2 years ago

I'm struggling a bit to reach tier 2 modes now on v .81 - what is the key?

I keep defeating a monster fully (happens with different monsters, yes I'm sure they are fully defeated), switching cities, re-lighting a battle, but I can then only pick another tier 1 - what am I missing?

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I just defeated Gigan, advanced to New York, started a new battle, but no tier 2 battles were available…

So I was able to get to tier 2 after beating a monster in Tokyo (might have been Megalon, I forget), switching city, starting Ebirah (I could still only do tier 1 at that point) and getting 3/4 done against Ebirah then before that battle timed out. Hit the scoop again after the time out to start a battle again, and instead of restarting Ebirah I was able to choose tier 2. I believe the key was getting a monster at least half done, in a new city. I think ultimately starting tier 2 without finishing that tier 1 battle ceded control of the city to Ebirah, so I probably should have finished him off first, but I wanted to try a tier 2...

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is anyone else finding this game to be a bit of a ball buster? I'd expect it will get a little easier as the playfield breaks in a bit, but I am having more <15 second balls on this game than any other game I have ever played. I'm a decent player and I own (and love) other notoriously difficult games like TWD, BSD and FG. Still, I find myself walking away from this game in frustration much more than usual. I've even tried closing down the right outlane and adjusting the pitch a few times. I'm making shots and stringing them together like butter, but it seems like even successful shots drain a lot. Most notably, slower shots around the building or through the right spinner lane (Pro). And god help me if I even touch the right ramp with an upper flipper shot, that sucker is going SDTM. There seems to frequently be an above average amount of english on the ball when it's near the flippers, making control difficult there too. After 100+ plays I have only got to the second tier of monster battles one time, with my best scores being around 500mil. Not looking for a pep talk so much as curious what others are experiencing and if I need to experiment more with the setup of my machine, or just need to break it in more.

I have my fair share of dreadfully short/low scoring games here. My right ramp is prone to rattle-y rejects that are nearly guaranteed SDTM soul crushers. I'm at 6.8 degrees and level side-to-side with no adjustment I can find to alleviate. I also get a fair number of right outlane drains with shots dribbling out of the tailwhip/right-spinner return lane. I find those particularly frustrating...

Overall awesome game though. My GC is only about 550 mil so I've got to get my act together here...

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

check your left-to-right level. it shouldn't be SDTM every time (though it can happen occasionally)

Yeah, only occasional SDTM on that shot for me, but it can certainly be frustrating when it happens. Maybe 10-15% of the shots there? Definitely always dangerous though. I try to slap/slide save anytime I accidentally shoot it - don't know how actually effective I am at truly "saving" it vs would have caught a flipper anyway though...

With no real reward for shooting that shot generally (beyond the unadvertised double-super), its an oddity. I'm hoping that a code update does something more with that shot.

#3736 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am completely blown away by Diddys Tesla strike tower mod. I think it might be the nicest highest quality mod I’ve installed, and that includes Liors T. rex head. It totally completes that right area and integrates beautifully with the spinner. Just fantastic. [quoted image]

I'm on the order list for these towers and his Pro bridge mod. Looking forward to adding both to mine.

I've seen the one little demo video - anyone have any actual gameplay streams with the towers?

#3874 2 years ago

I snagged a Neca 1964 Godzilla vs Mothra GZ figure from Amazon and replaced the shrinky-dink Butyrate, or however it's spelled, flat plastic version from my Pro. Looks good imo.

I just unscrewed the original, drilled out the rivets on the L brackets it was screwed to, and ran a small screw through the original left rivet hole and into the new figures foot. I had to leave half the tail off (comes in the box like that), but you can't tell.

I may reposition GZ when I get the TDiddy bridge mod, but he's tell enough moving him forward may cause clearance issues with the glass...
20211130_175216 (resized).jpg20211130_175216 (resized).jpg20211130_180822 (resized).jpg20211130_180822 (resized).jpg20211130_180829 (resized).jpg20211130_180829 (resized).jpg

20211129_213644 (resized).jpg20211129_213644 (resized).jpg
#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Working on a Pro model Mechagodzilla. Would there be any interest in this for Pro owners? Not sure on pricing yet as it is pretty labor intensive but thought I would throw it out there. Not taking names or making list yet just trying to gauge interest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would likely be interested, depending on price. I dislike the shrinky-dink flat plastic "figures" on the Pro - just replaced the GZ on mine with a Neca model. I want to replace Mecha as well, but I don't want to spend $75+ for a static bust either...

#3952 2 years ago

I've been hoping we might get another tier 1 battle monster option - no reason you couldn't choose from more than 4 even if you can only play 4/one per city, per game. I guess that's a long shot at this point.

Either way, I wonder if Hedorah wasn't planned for use somewhere seeing as he is prominently featured on the playfield near the main spinner loop. I know Keith indicated Godzilla vs Hedorah was one of the few movies they could not use footage from. Odd choice to use that monster on the playfield then if the licensing situation was known before the art was finalized... Strange rug-pull if that movie was yanked well into the process too.

I don't see Hedorah listed as appearing in any other Toho GZ movies when researching it, but maybe I'm missing something. I guess perhaps they could just do custom animations for Hedorah strictly if they use him in something like a simple skillshot cut scene. They seem to have used several of the other lesser monsters shown on the playfield for other skillshots...

#4231 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This little guy followed me home from Pincinnati.y first Elwin. Can’t wait to dive in!![quoted image]

Congrats - I am really enjoying my Pro. Great shooter, this game is just fun.

I'm really looking forward to what new code will yield. Can't wait to see what Keith has in store for us.

Oh and I hope you're planning to do a number of streams on it!

#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
did anyone change the Godzilla 2D Plastic against a 3D Figure in the Pro Version and which one is the best to install?

I posted about mine earlier on the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/78#post-6632072

This is the one I snagged. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VG1FGBX

On the Pro I believe the plastic the flat GZ mounts on sits further back than the Prem, so reusing the screw hole there has him further back into the corner of the playfield, making it necessary to leave the last half of his tail disconnected. I am likely going to try mounting him farther forward once I get TDiddy's bridge added. That may or may not work with his height, though I think most of the Neca figures are all about the same height... If I recall correctly he is about 6.3 inches tall, but don't quote me - the ad is titled 7", but the description just says approx 6"tall, 12" total length with full tail attached (figure comes with last half of tail detached).

#4386 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea if it's intended that earning two allies without collecting the first results in losing the second? I know you can lock in 2 or even all 3 at once, but it seems you need to have earned one and collected it before you can earn another.

I find myself earning two allies pretty frequently when playing Gigan as my first mode - jet attack usually starts pretty quickly after starting Gigan and it's easy to earn an ally for 4 ramps about the time I'm earning another for 5 jets destroyed... Then you end up only being able to collect one of the two... I'm guessing Keith and co. just expect you to prioritize cashing the first one in immediately.

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Playfield issue notice….need a washer under the rail to the right of the magna grab. Some pretty significant clear coat dust from mine digging in after only 65 plays.[quoted image]

How much trouble was it to get enough access there to get the rail pulled up that much? Just the one plastic, GZ clear plastic, and a few screws topside/nuts underneath? Nothing more involved with the building to remove, etc?

I've been eying that area on mine already too, as that rail looked suspect. Some of the others seen to be bent/constructed differently to avoid this. That part of that rail looks to just be vertical rail tightened directly against the PF... I think I'll throw a washer on mine and double check the other rail there too while at it.

#4496 2 years ago

Yep, just finished adding a bit of Mylar and washer to mine - similar scuffing/damage.

I also went ahead and added washers under both bolts on the opposite side magnet rail and a think piece of Mylar also. That rail has a folded bit that in theory should prevent most cutting into the clearcoat, but there is a bit at the end that still to me liooks like it could scuff. I'm debating if those washers on that side are a good idea though. That rail is really short with just the two bolts - I presume that flat piece may be to give it more surface area to clamp down against the Playfield? Aka maybe the washers are a bad idea.
20211211_160116 (resized).jpg20211211_160116 (resized).jpg20211211_161219 (resized).jpg20211211_161219 (resized).jpg20211211_162058 (resized).jpg20211211_162058 (resized).jpg

#4508 2 years ago

Is this unique to the GZ Pro -- Who has found and enjoyed hitting the upper MechaGodzilla targets by shooting the main spinner orbit or upper loop and just holding the upper flipper up, which causes the ball to bounce off the flipper right into the top two targets? That's a fun unique shot to hit those upper targets. Is that ever an active shot on the Prem/LE where the targets are lit when in the rotated up position/spinner is shootable from lower flippers?

I hope completing or hitting those targets comes into use in the final rules for more modes than just Mecha's shield.

#4543 2 years ago

Fyi for the guides/rails causing playfield damage, I think there are several places that the guides are going to cut into the clear. In addition to the right side guide by the magnet, the front of the left-side guide of the left ramp lane was causing a little scuffing underneath too. I did Mylar and a washer there - though I cut a notch out of the washer, making it a C shape, so I could slip it around that bolt/under the guide without removing the guide. I cut notches into the mylar pieces for any bolts/posts so it can be slid under the guides without removal too. Only needed to loosen the one front nut pin this guide that way...

I noticed a bit of scuffing below the end of the guide along the back of the left spinner lane too - but a washer under that rail causes air balls on missed left ramp shots that hit the v-shaped cutout section on the end of that rail. I think that is a potential problem any of the rails with those v cutouts, as the washer lifts that guide 1-2mm, which gives some lift to the ball then when hitting the guide just right. I don't think that'll be a problem in the guides near the magnet, as the ball doesn't really directly hit those. Anyway, I went with just Mylar only added under that section in the left spinner lane. Hopefully that'll do.

I'm not sure it would ever cause a problem, but I went ahead and did washers under the two bolts and middle leg of the Mecha spinner lane guide too. Slight bit of clear damage showing under there too. No v-cutout to worry with there...

Who knows if any of these would ever progress to visible damage or chipping - I have no clear pooling around these guides, which I think may be key to the chipping, but better safe than sorry... I'm paranoid as I ended up with a couple chips up near the Mummy captive ball guides on my IMDN...
20211212_161553 (resized).jpg20211212_161553 (resized).jpg20211212_161612 (resized).jpg20211212_161612 (resized).jpg

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Now that Godzilla is settling into the #1 spot in the top 100, how do you all feel about the pro version? The Premium/LE's are clearly the best, but is Godzilla Pro better than all of the other Stern Pro models? Is it better than Deadpool Pro and Jurassic Park Pro? I've only played Godzilla Pro a few times on location. It seems like Jurassic Park Pro might have a little more in it compared with Godzilla Pro, but I need more time with it.

I think the Pro is great, as it turns out I'm not sure I could have actually purchased a DP or JP Pro for delivery any time soon with the current backlogs, but I wouldn't have chosen either over GZ anyway. Very happy with my GZ Pro.

The Pro is solid, just against other pins:

- The building is a cool toy, even if it doesn't move and collapse. I like shooting through it, bashes feel both cool or frustrating depending on the situation (frustrating in a good way, bricking a shot you needed to hit all the way though the building and needing to regain control and shoot again), and the ramps passing through and doing damage is fun.

- The three spinners rock and are so far used well in the rules already. This is the best use of spinners in a game in years. (And I'd love continued use/incentive to shoot the spinners for the wizard modes we haven't seen yet). Charging up the Tesla strike spinner is awesome. Ripping all three spinners in the Ebirah mode (I think the number of spins required on the center spinner should be increased though) is really fun, I love that mode. Right spinner hits eventually add-a-ball in the main MB, needs a few good hits to lite, I love that rule.

- The whole middle right side of the Playfield with the tail whip shot/plunger lane is unique.
- Related to the last point, I like the positioning of the MechaGZ stand-up targets on the Pro and the fact you can always shoot the spinner. Very unique tight angles to shoot those targets directly, but also from the upper flipper directly or bouncing off the raised upper flipper from a center spinner loop shot. Not saying this better than the rotating ramp and targets on the Premium, but I like the way they did it in the Pro a lot.

- The magna grab does a lot of unique things you won't find in another game, plus it's fun to smack for its captive ball function, too.

- The crisscrossing ramps and habitrails are awesome, really fun to combo the ramps successively.
- Very uniquely in any other modern game I can recall, at least on mine, you pretty much can't post-pass. You have to hit shots and exercise ball control to transition the ball and make shots from the flipper you need.

- The lower mounted pop bumper is really cool. As it is themed as a UFO, its both a hazard and something you shoot directly. It works already, but I think adding a better UFO model on the pop will be a cool mod and make it even more of a toy itself than it is already too, and less of "just a pop bumper" like in most other games... The rule to lite the ufo with the hard to get switch in the lane behind/below it, then requiring a timed hit to destroy a ufo, leading to an extra ball and MB mode eventually is a pretty fun little mini-mode or goal. Let's face it, a nest of protected pops has been done to death. Of course Elwin has used pops well in his other games, but this is the most interesting pop bumper usage in his games yet imo.

- Repeating Loop-able upper loop that is a wide shot, but still challenging to hit and keep smooth for repeating. The magna-grab setting you up for loop shots in several different ways is just awesome.

- The scoop is well placed and challenging - it's hard to hit but not impossible and rewarding when you nail it.

GZ carries on the tradition of Keith's games having Pro models that can stand on their own. It's a fantastic shooter in my opinion. I think it's right up there with IMDN, which I think Pro or Premium is in the upper echelon of pinball machines. And GZ is unfinished with a ton of new rules/code on the way.

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I have been starting with Ebirah as well, fewest shots to hit but, after discovering that "ball lock lit" feeds my left flipper, the right ramp is the easiest to hit for me.
Once you complete a battle, how do you start the next one? Is it by hitting more ramps? i've play multiple battles but not sure how I got to the next one because by that time, the playfield is opened up and I've hit so many shots, I can't pin point what lights the next battle.

Yeah but if you're not combo-ing the ramps, you're missing at least 50%-60% of the scoring opportunity for the mode. I think it works out to getting something like 2x-3x more for the combo shots vs repeating one ramp.

You light another battle after defeating a monster by switching city and then hitting both ramps again.

If you got halfway through beating the monster, I believe you can switch city and start another battle immediately at the same time, without re-ramping, as battle is already lit. I wonder if that is a glitch or mistake that might change though... Seems to me like if you choose to change city and not continue the current battle you should have to re-light a battle in the new city, same as if you finished the previous battle, but maybe that is intentional.

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree on starting with gigan. In addition to stacking with damaging the building, doing ramps will get you going on fighter jets.
.Because those rounds can be quite valuable (and even moreso the second and third time around) when done quickly and completed fully (just like gigan) I'll sometimes just ramp out until starting jets, then try to finish it as quickly as possible, and then start Gigan after and do the same ramping out for him.
Reason for separating is because if you stack them you can't focus on maximizing both at the same time, eventually finishing both but at lower scores. Of course, this strategy adds additional shots so it's riskier than combining. Having 2x playfield going during either setup is pretty great.

Yeah, this is definitely my go-to strategy - though one note is it's pretty easy to earn an ally from both the 4th Gigan ramp hit, and the 5th Jet at around the same time, which results in you losing the second ally if you didn't collect the first before hand.

So you need to make a point to stop and pivot to shooting the scoop to collect the first ally, then go back and earn the second and collect whenever convenient. That breaks my rhythm of combo-ing ramps and often causes me to drain trying to cash in the first ally at the scoop, lol.

I'm excited to see the code mature - right now switching cities from Tokyo as soon as half way completing the first battle seems to be key to scoring. Apparently there will be reasons to stay and complete all 4 main goals (Tanks MB, Battle, Bridge MB, Tesla Strike) in each city eventually.

#4693 2 years ago

I know I regularly get two allies at a time, but didn't realize I won't if I qualify both before cashing in the first. Thanks for the clarification.
I like battling monsters and so have been reticent to moving on from a non-completed one before switching cities. That said, if there is greater incentive to switch than to stay with the current code, I'll try pivoting to this and see how it goes. I do look forward to when there is greater incentive for fully beating kaijus.

Yeah, I get hung up on wanting to restart and complete the battles - but the goal in switching as soon as possible is to quickly reach the tier 2 battles, specifically the vs Ghidorah and Gigan mode I believe, can be huge scoring. I cashed out that mode for 200+ million a couple times, and that could have been done way better...

Check out IE Pinball's GZ video on You Tube if interested - Karl DeAngelo goes over this basic strategy, again stressing it'll probably change soon with code updates...

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Pretty disappointed that I'm still waiting on my premium with no real eta. Was originally told I was last order in the initial run.
Then told that the distributors allocation was just short by one. Mine. Now its been expected "anytime now" for about two months. I know ti.es are a bit crazy now for parts supply, labor, shipping etc, but a bummer all the same.
I know some people have been waiting far longer for some Stern backorders, but starting to wonder how long I want to hold out before just canceling.

Isn't it generally accepted now that they're done with GZ Prem and Pro production until at least March '22, potentially even closer to summer? There is a thread here on Stern delays and protection schedule with the latest accepted and rumored info over the last couple months: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays

#4823 2 years ago

Wow, these are a ton of great additions. Can't wait to try it out! I think I'll really like the incentives to complete battles and score well in the other main side goals (bridge, tanks, tesla) too.

There battle scores balancing will be interesting too. I've felt vs Megalon needed some scoring bumps...

#4828 2 years ago

Titanosaurus has sat comfortably at the lowest high score for me since time immemorial. My big bump prediction is there

Yeah, it probably has been my lowest too -- but it's a fairly simple/easy mode. Honestly I wish there was more to shoot for in Titanosaurus. I'm thinking more of buffing Megalon scoring as more incentive to even play the mode. I bet vs Megalon has to be one of the least played modes in home use, when people know what it entails and the difficulty to at least get halfway through it. Maybe it's just me... I play Megalon mostly only to breakup playing the other 3.

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Code update almost complete. Gonna fire up the stream in like 10 mins.
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Good stream dude, thanks. One comment though, I think you may be short-changing yourself with your tier 2 vs Ghidorah and Gigan mode strat (if I understood you correctly) - you seemed to going for switch hits then collect (building shot, choosing fight) immediately. I believe you want to get a few of the lit shots (that light when you get enough switches, along with the building) first before shooting the building.

Number one you get time added when you do shoot the building/fight, but only up to like 75 seconds total or so. If you collect the first building hit immediately after hitting enough switches/lighting the yellow shots+ building, you probably max time out and leave some time on the table. Then more importantly I believe the lit shots add to your multiplier for when you do finally choose to cash in and Flee. The lit shots also award decent points directly, so when you fail to cash out like I manage to usually do you still made some points from the mode. I think the lit shots probably add to your base jackpot value too, but I'm not positive...

So I think you want to take some lit shots the first round for sure while ball save is running, then use your Heat Ray once you get enough switches during the second or third rounds to score all the lit shots and really get your multiplier up and cash out when the total value is getting way up there.

#4903 2 years ago

I'd recommend Zach Meny at flipnout. Got my Pro from him, msrp with free shipping.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com

I wonder if you can even get on the August '22 third Premium run if placing a new order at this point though, or if those slots are full already with many distributors. Make sure the distributor you choose is straight with you about their allotment they expect and current orders. Zach will be straightforward for sure.

#4972 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

What's the general consensus on the Megalon battle?
That one feels significantly harder than the other three to me. By the time I find the shot (in sometime a mess of colors and arrows), line it up, it's already moved to another random (?) spot. It's kind of a waste of a battle, in my opinion.

I had good luck on vs Megalon today, successive shots hit before they time out adds to a multiplier for the next shot. I missed the mode total score, but I know I saw a single shot reach 28 million.

I found it pretty necessary to control the ball after a shot, or timeout, and transition the ball between flippers to make the next shot you need once it's lights in controlled manner. It is a fun mode.

I think the time between shots waiting for the next shot to light is supposed to be Megalon burrowing under ground - he has drill hands and burrows super fast.

While burrowing, the left and right ramp light faintly or something, I'm not clear if shooting either in that state does something??

Then he emerges on a random shot to be hit at that yellow lit shot. The mode made a little more sense to me when I realized that, its actually a pretty fun mode imo. I think will likely be more lucrative than the others if played really well.

#4973 2 years ago

By the way, has anyone heard Keith comment on the difficult post-pass situation? I'm assuming he specifically designed it for post-passing to not work and force you to hit shots and use other ball control skills to transition the ball to the needed flipper for a shot?? That's some kind of mad genius move right there...

Don't know about everyone else, but I at least cannot effectively post-pass on this game, you get an odd loopy bounce with crazy spin that just throws the ball off the opposite flipper once it lands, completely throwing you into an uncontrolled reactive shot. Every steam I've seen seems others are the same? Not being able to post-pass at will is a first for me on any modern game that I recall.

I'm wondering if Titan or other rubber for the slings will impact this -- but I'm not sure if I want to change this either...

#5203 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thanks for the reply! Can you point me in the right direction / link a good source about the giving the flipper mechs a once over? Coil stops?

I'd be sure to check:

- operate the flipper by hand, make sure it rotates smoothly and isn't physically binding from some issue. Compare against the other flippers.
- flipper bat gap/clearance against the Playfield - it would not surprise me if this isn't your problem. The right flipper on my IMDN was too tight from the factory, making it hard to backhand the center ramp. A quick way to check is just to grab the flipper and make sure it has a little tolerance/slop when you wiggle it up (away from the Playfield surface) and down. If it's tight and won't budge with no clearance, then you need to set it correctly. I have a gauge tool, but I think I've heard a business card or maybe credit card can be used. I think if you find Vid's (Vid1900 I think is the full user name?) flipper rebuild thread it will cover setting this gap and probably covers a diy method/gauge.
- check the end of stroke (EOS) switch on that flipper. The rebuild thread should cover this too, but if triggering too early it can cause a weak flipper.
- coil sleeve - go ahead and buy a few/replace this one if you don't find anything else wrong. Pinball life will have them.
- coil stop - same, go ahead and replace when doing the sleeve.

Edit: here's Vids guide: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Obviously it's mostly for older flipper rebuilds, but covers the basics. Post 17 and 18 cover the flipper shaft gap spacing bit. You really should just be able to wiggle/pull the flipper up and down and get a sense for if this needs to be addressed further, for a quick check.

#5276 2 years ago

Anyone come up with a good way to light up the back left corner/Godzilla figure area on the Pro?

I added a 3 led Comet strip to the backside of the metal habitrail exit of the building, so it's hidden from view and directed straight at my added GZ figure. Used a small Comet matrix brightness adjuster, and turned it down so it's very subtle though. Plugged into a matrix led bulb/splitter in place of the GI bulb behind the magna-grab, wiring routed thru the playfield opening for the building opto just below where the strip is mounted. Seems to work great, not sure the lighting really shows up in a picture, but an improvement imo.

Anyone come up with a better solution? Some flasher tie-in as well or instead would be pretty cool perhaps.
20211223_153815 (resized).jpg20211223_153815 (resized).jpg20211223_160319 (resized).jpg20211223_160319 (resized).jpg

#5414 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:Are Kaiju like King Caeser, Titanasaurus and Hedorah featured in the game code anywhere or do they just exist as playfield art?

One or more skillshots feature King Caesar and the spider-like Kaiju (Kumonga or something, I forget). They are also pictured near the skill shot/tail whip lane. Might be all they get.

I understand they could not use the movie footage from the only movie Hedorah is in, even though featured prominently on the playfield. Curious of we'll get anything for Hedorah then.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get any new major battles - I would love even one more tier-1 battle mode to choose from, but surely that is a long shot with the 4 cities/4 battles setup in place... Obviously the wizard modes are outstanding though, I'm looking forward to whatever new stuff we get there.

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Looking for some input from people who have Godzilla and Iron Maiden....
So Ive had my godzilla for a while now and had it dialed in to how I thought it played pretty well. Last night I went ahead and increased the pitch from about 6.5 to 6.7 and definitely liked the faster speed.
I got my maiden a couple weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. Specifically I love how smooth and fast the loops are. Like when I hold the left flipper up and nail those loops they just fly smooth and fast and i really dont have much time at all to think about the next loop shot.
Going back to godzilla the loops feel kind of slow and somewhat clunky in comparison. I can get a bunch in a row, but it feels like sometimes it barely makes it up and around the loop and ive got plenty of time to line up the next shot.
Ive never had any issues with stdm for the multiball, and my magnet has always dropped in a good spot.
What im trying to ask is, for those of you who have both or played both, do your godzilla loops feel fast and smooth like maiden? Do I have more fine tuning/leveling to do? Or is godzilla just a different type of loop?
Ive got a good digital level, and im gonna keep messing with it. Just curious how smooth I can anticipate to get it.

I think it's the left ramp/subway shot that introduces some clunky-ness on GZ's loop as the ball passes that opening and hits the side rail, there is no equivalent on Maiden, but maybe it is something else. Either way, yeah, no doubt Maiden's loops are smooth as hell in comparison.

I haven't managed to get more than 5 loops in a row on GZ. It's not like GZ's is bad, it feels smooth enough the first couple shots generally, but invariably it gets clunky and throws off my next shots on the 3-5 loops hit range on my Pro.

#5743 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

This is the best replacement Godzilla available. He looks badass in my premium.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree - went with the same for my Pro. It matches the on-screen GZ from the building MB videos, etc. I like the gray look over the greener figures. That said it doesn't match the overly green GZ playfield artwork as well...

#5771 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My bad…I meant the return from the destruction jackpot orbit.

How steep is yours set? I'm around 6.8 or so, and orbit rejects are usually hitting near/below the maser target and bounce to the right flipper or sling area. Occasionally I'll get one to the outlane, but usually not.

Right ramp rejects are deadly, but I can often save them or they angle toward the left flipper enough anyway. I would think both the orbit and ramp rejects could be heavily impacted by PF pitch. If you're extra steep, try going to the 6.8 range and see if you cut down pin those cheaper drains some.

My most frustrating drains are slow rollers out of the tailwhip lane, off the sling post, and into the outlane. I friggin hate that, especially when it was a deliberate shot to the mecha spinner or that lane directly that just slowed down enough for whatever reason...

Second worst for me is a SDTM from the opposite building shot/wallop shot. I wish the ballsave there was limited by two drains/uses, and not just the first two shots to that lane, drain or not. I hit it fairly often somehow, usually saving it - but invariably late in the game when I need the ballsave its been spent, often without ever draining from that shot, and then boom, SDTM.

#5851 2 years ago

The Wallop shot goes SDTM maybe 10-20% of the time on my Pro. My main complaint is the ballsave seems to only be offered twice when you shoot that lane, whether you drain or not. I'm not clear if that is per ballI, or per game. I'd like to see the ballsave offered until you actually drain and use it twice. I end top hitting that shot often enough that I feel like I end up draining late in the game with no ballsave presented, even if that was the first time it went SDTM...

I know you can up the number from the default 2 ballsaves to 3 - but still. If I don't drain, it shouldn't in effect count against me for hitting a valid shot by using up one of the ballsaves. Especially if nothing was lit and all you earn with that mini-wallop is 5k points....

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Added this guy to my Pro today and it was super simple! This is the 2009 Bandai figure. His arms and head are move-able. He pulls right apart at the waist and attaches with a simple screw using the slot from the stand-up. I'm guessing there will be the potential for stuck balls but those should be pretty rare on the Pro since there isn't a jump ramp.
[quoted image]

Ha, I just ordered this exact figure off ebay the other day for mine as well. I was considering seeing if it could perhaps be mounted on a piece of clear plastic cut to span the mecha spinner lane, or something similar, so the figure is right behind the spinner and it's more like you're shooting him when you shoot the spinner. No reason we have to use the premium's location behind the tail whip lane, unless the height to the glass is an issue... We'll see if that might work.

But yours looks great there as well. Definitely glad to see it works well there and is easy to mount. Those shrinky-dink flat plastic versions on the Pro are so cheap looking, getting rid of those and upgrading both GZ and Mecha are a must IMO...

#6207 2 years ago

Mounted up my 2009 Bandai Mecha-Godzilla figure torso. Pulled the torso off the figure, drilled two holes in the underside lip of the torso, and used wire ties through the holes and down through the slot in the plastic tied down to the L-brackets from the original Mecha flat "shrinky dink" plastic underneath. Easy peasy.

Really liking the way the Pro looks with these couple figures, and Tdiddy's Telsa towers and bridge.

Still got a Sleal16 saucer coming, and am thinking to get Mezelmod.s building, which will probably do it for me. Well maybe Mezel's signs - maybe their back board buildings too, LOL.
20220110_155320 (resized).jpg20220110_155320 (resized).jpg20220110_155353 (resized).jpg20220110_155353 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6579 2 years ago

Just installed my UFO from Sleal16 - the pearl finish version. Looks great imo, nice upgrade over the factory flat plastic.

Install was easy enough, has a mount that screws to the top of the pop housing, then the UFO slips over the mount and turns to lock it on the mount.

20220119_181531 (resized).jpg20220119_181531 (resized).jpg20220119_182320 (resized).jpg20220119_182320 (resized).jpg20220119_182416 (resized).jpg20220119_182416 (resized).jpg20220119_182428 (resized).jpg20220119_182428 (resized).jpg20220119_182502 (resized).jpg20220119_182502 (resized).jpg
#6734 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The new beta code looks great! I don’t think I’ve seen this many multiballs since GNR. Can’t wait till mine comes in

And these are actually fun/rewarding multiballs... But the bulk of the battles being single ball modes, even the main/big scoring tier 2 battles, along with Rampage mode, is one of my favorite design feature though. The multiballs are all distinct in how you reach then and what the goals are. All extremely well done.

Super excited for the new code. City perks will be sweet for defeating Kaiju, and I really like the incentives to stay in a city and build up the annihilation and destruction jackpot values, so you really pump the new jackpot you collect once finally switching city (Catastrophe Jackpot? I forget what it was called already...).

I especially like the few extra reasons to hit the side loops (non-consecutively) more as well - a destruction jackpot multiplier at like 15 loops I think it was. I didn't see, but would enjoy if there was another multiplier at a higher loop count too like 30-45 or something - but I didn't get the impression there was.

The little Hedorah mini mode I didn't quite catch the details on, but switch hits build it and like annihilation jackpots it seems to stay running for the rest of the ball once started. This was already the best use of spinners/swtch hit modes in a pin that I can think of - every additional rule there is just icing on the cake. I haven't heard Keith say, but if one of his main goals with this game design wasn't to celebrate the pinball spinner, then I don't know how he stumbled into doing so so perfectly. I love the spinners here, as they're so often barely used on other designer's games.

#6785 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Pretty stoked to score tdiddy’s building mod #1010. Between that, a shaker, Tesla Towers, and a Speakerlight kit, I might have a Promium !

I'm 1013 myself. The upgraded building is really going to look great. I already have tdiddy's bridge and towers, Sleal16's UFO, and upgraded GZ and Mecha figures. Great looking combo already, imo.

#6919 2 years ago

I've got hundreds of games on my Pro with Tdiddy's towers with no problems what so ever, and no damage. I think they're a great mod appearance wise, the style matches nearly exactly the tower pictured in the Pro backglass, the other version I've seen doesn't look anywhere near as good and seems out of place imo.

Maybe I've just been lucky - they are kinda fragile seeming, I have no doubt a direct airball hit would be a problem, but I've not had any airballs really come close to them in all these games.

I'd look at tracking down the cause of the airballs to start, on a Pro anyway. If it's a Premium with the airballs coming off the Mecha jump ramp and bash, then idk... Someone recently did indicate there is a bit of adjustment of that jump-ramp shot trajectory via the plastic on the top of the turntable beside that ramp, though I'm not sure which direction that helped to re-aim the the jump shot in. Might have been in the mod thread if not this one.

#7018 2 years ago

So what are the rules for the new Hedorah mode, anyone know for sure? I know switch hits are involved, but I couldn't tell how during the couple quick games I played tonight. I think I got 47 mil out of it on one ball and hit a fair number of shots for it. It seemed like I had one or maybe even two shots occasionally (not sure) lit for Hedorah jackpots at all times. Switches just build values up for the lit shot(s) between some kind of tiers I guess??

Also, its not mentioned in the release notes, but it seems the timer to score a saucer hit has been reduced pretty noticeably from the last version - definitely cut down on my success rate destroying saucers before they timed out. You'll really need to prioritize shooting the saucer more quickly now or lose out.

Its a minor change, but I really like the tweak to the insert color for bridge jackpots - a little brighter orange/slightly more red now, that really pops, LOL. Hopefully I wasn't imagining that change...

#7021 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Can someone remind me how to pull in new code. I am running version 0.80 and just connected to the internet today. The Wi-Fi test works fine, but when I go to find new code, it says I am up to date with 0.80.

You have to register/complete the insider connected setup for the machine, or it can't actually connect and get updates. Connecting to your wifi is only the first part of the process.

#7152 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

How do you activate Hedora. What is the mechanic on it. I have triggered it many times but I don't know what I did to do it or what I should do after he is triggered.
Thanks!

Yeah, 2 secret combos, which you'll hear an odd noise for and get a popup on the display showing 1 out of 10, etc then hit the maser target and mystery award will start it.

Once you start it, switch hits build the value and you collect on the bluish-green shot lit, that moves around the Playfield when hit. Keeps running and building in value for the rest of the ball it seems. I haven't been able to spot if there is indication what you've built it up to, etc though.

#7221 2 years ago

I think they are specifically "droopy" slightly by design so some of the outer shots are more makeable. I think all of Elwin's pins may be like this, I know my Maiden is.

#7229 2 years ago

To further confuse matters, on Iron Maiden and I think JP, the flippers in factory "droopy" position are actually below being centered on the dots/hole indicators in the playfield, and the JP upper doesn't align with it's hole either.

I think GZ (maybe AIQ?) Is the first of his to actually have the alignment holes in the correct position for his intended flipper angle...

Clear as mud.

#7358 2 years ago

It's actually 6 consecutive loops to lite ally, not 5. My record is only 7, but that happened during a multiball and was a bit of luck. I've gotten 6 a couple different times during single ball play though, including yesterday.

I'm curious does anyone know if you can earn the ally from 6 consecutive more than once per game? Once per ball?? I don't mean by hitting 12 in a row, just two sets of six consecutively at different times during a single game. Seems unlikely I'll have two different sets of 6 in a single game based on how infrequently I've managed to hit 6 at all, but you never know...

There are also destruction jackpot multipliers, or maybe annihilation jackpot +1% awards, at something like 15 total loops (or was it 25?).

1 week later
#7626 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

as annoying as it is to consistently hit that scoop, I hope not

As much as you are already shooting the scoop to change cities, start both tier 1 and 2 modes, start tank MB, and collect allies - I'd vote for collecting extra balls somewhere else too.

I can see it both ways, but I think I'm good with them being awarded automatically once you achieve whatever goal, like it is.

#7726 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

Beaten to death, but I'm very happy with my Pro. I am not really interested in ever upgrading to a Premium. No doubt the premium has cool features, and I did spend a few hundred $$ on Tdiddy's bridge, tesla towers (still would add those to a Premium too though), and upgraded GZ/Mecha figures, but that is still no where near the price for a Premium and the potential year wait at the time I got my Pro.

Oh and I'm also on the waitlist for tdiddy's building which looks awesome. Surely there will will eventually be something for the premium building, but right now the Pro building can actually look significantly better with this or the Mezelmods buildings imo.

No wrong answer, but the Pro is definitely great on its own.

#7784 2 years ago

Yeah, I guess the new champion scores reset most of the mode and minor high score tables. Updated via usb this time, quick method, so I don't think that matters.

Anyway, I'm liking the lightshow enhancements - Rage Combo effects get some tweaks, and a nice bright blue addition for some of the powerline target hits unless I'm mistaken. I feel like there are some extra white flasher effects in a lot of places, but hard to tell if I'm imaging changes where there aren't any, LOL.

I only got a new games in tonight - anyone notice anything else in particular?

#7793 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

It's great that so many artists are doing nice things. But I can't see paying $100 more for a mod you can buy for $30. The $100+ version doesn't look like the ship from the movies. That's just me.

I'm very happy with the saucer from Sleal16 for way less $$$ - color and design match the images of the saucers in the art and footage of the game better too. I don't quite get the chrome version.

I'd like to see a version that is a larger diameter though - everything available so far is about the same diameter as the pop itself. Unless I'm missing a reason that wouldn't work, a larger saucer would hide some of the pop mechanism and look more substantial. Be interesting to see a mock up anyway...

Couple pics of mine, from Sleal:
20220119_181531 (resized).jpg20220119_181531 (resized).jpg20220119_182428 (resized).jpg20220119_182428 (resized).jpg20220119_182502 (resized).jpg20220119_182502 (resized).jpg

#7807 2 years ago

Has this rules PDF from Stern been posted before? First time I'm seeing it, was linked in the .91 code readme, I overlooked it if it was in previous versions. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

1 week later
#8114 2 years ago

Got my Diddy Mods signature line building today - # 1013. Looks great, the fire led lighting is very cool, I dig it. Big upgrade over the flat plastic building. With TDiddy's bridge and towers, I'm very happy with the look.

20220226_133625 (resized).jpg20220226_133625 (resized).jpg20220226_133634 (resized).jpg20220226_133634 (resized).jpg20220226_133637 (resized).jpg20220226_133637 (resized).jpg
#8121 2 years ago

Probably have to PM Tdiddy directly. Last I heard him say there may be a few slots left. Only making 100 total. Thread below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signature-line-godzilla-building-release-info-

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Same here...also have an LE and have played the Pro. All the extra stuff on the LE/Premium was well worth it for me. But the biggest turn off on the Pro for me is the chintzy looking standups of Mecha and Godzilla. The first time I walked up to a Pro, they looked like cardboard cut outs or something....(JMO).

The Mecha figure/bash toy is cool, but you really need to swap out the GZ figure on the Premium as well - such a horrible figure from Stern.

Either way, I kinda see that as part of the fun, and the Pro has some great modding opportunities so far.

1 week later
#8473 2 years ago

How is the reflection on the glass while playing with these flaming speakers? I get a little reflection from the screen still, but most reflection from the factory turned out to be from the translight, setting the option to dim that during gameplay to like 15% I think made a huge difference.

I've been apprehensive to get these speaker lights for fear of increasing reflection again and cutting down on visibility of the top of the playfield...

#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

My scoop eject is default.
Here are two 100% repeatable strategies to get the ball on either flipper from the scoop.
1. Do nothing, and let the ball dead bounce off the left flipper and catch it on the right.
2. Do the same as step one, but raise the right flipper. The ball will dead bounce off the left flipper, hit the tip of the right flipper, then bounce back to the left.

Mine is set factory and behaves similar to this - but not quite:

1. If I do nothing the ball normally bounces off the left flipper, hits hard enough on the right flipper/bottom slingshot post to bounce back over to the left, but the ball doesn't hit high enough up the left flipper to really make a catch/controlled shot then.
2. Do nothing but hold up right flipper, bounces to right then back left again usually can then catch on the left flipper or make a fairly controlled shot. Sometimes a little inconsistent.
3. Hold up left flipper, get a very consistent bounce to a easy controlled catch on the right flipper, or at worst rolls a little up the inlane and may have to make a slow rolling shot.
4. Drop catch on left if already cradling on right or just really need to be sure you get a quick left flipper shot, as option 2 sometimes doesn't work out well enough for a fully controlled shot.

Kinda seems to me that nerfng the eject power is a bit "unfair" unless yours is doing something really unintended like missing the flipper or kicking so hard as to get into the slings all the time, etc. Managing and controlling the eject is part of the gameplay. But the adjustments are also there to tailor your game to your tastes, so...

#8786 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just watched the most recent IE Pinball YouTube video where Karl got 12 billion. Can someone explain to me how the destruction jackpot works on the current code. I know that you get +1x for controlling each city and can also get +1x from other achievements like a certain number of jet fighters. Are these rules documented anywhere?
Also, more specifically, he got a super jackpot in tank multiball and then entered Godzilla multiball and had a roving tank insert for that multiball and for the rest of the game that was between 20 and 30 million in annihilation bonuses. How does this annihilation bonus system work?

When you play Tank, Bridge, or Tesla in a city, for the rest of the game, in that city, you'll have Annihilation jackpots that award a percentage of the points you make in that mode. So after playing Tanks, the Annihilation JP is a roving tank shot on the playfield. For bridge, the annihilation jp is lit at the magnet when you get enough switch hits (similar to how you do bridge damage to get to the mode in the first place). And the Tesla jp is a roving powerline target.

Karl does so well that his annihilation JPs are huge. They also multiply by +1x for how many of the 3 modes - Tanks, Bridge, or Tesla you've played on the current ball. When you drain from that ball the JPs reset back to a minimum base value that is basically like just 1 million points or so. So likely time to move to the next city after an inopportune drain.

Hitting destruction jackpots also ups the percentage of your total points (+1%, the base % varies between the three) from the modes that you get as what makes up the base Annihilation JP. So even getting a low point Destruction JP is always good, Destructions are always worth going for, as they pay dividends on annihilation values later.

Plus, the value from those Annihilation JPs all add to the Carnage Bonus you get when you change cities. That carnage bonus is multiplied by 2 if you did all of Monster Monitor features (so a battle plus Tanks, Bridge, and Tesla). Its multiplied another +1x for each of those (other than Battle) you did on the current ball to a total possible of 5x. You can build monster values there - Karl got a 9 billion carnage bonus on one those games he streamed. Which you get again, for each city as part of the Earth Bonus you get when you reach Planet X.

Obviously, when you change cities you lose the annihilation jps until you do it all again and play that mode again in the next city.

In simple terms, the city modes and getting all the monitor features and switching cities at the right times to maximize the annihilation and carnage bonuses on as many cities as you can to reach Planet X is an awesome advanced goal/scoring strategy. It's an interesting choice to move on through the cities prioritizing battle modes to reach tier 2s and ultimately Planet X vs staying in a city as long as possible to maximize annihilation jps values and # of collects and carnage bonuses, while risking draining and losing multipliers for carnage.

Keith and team have come up with genius scoring incentives to make every feature in this game something worth playing - its a masterpiece of pinball code. And it's not even done...

2 months later
#10898 1 year ago

This may be a "duh" tidbit, but if you get a stuck ball on the back loop or Mecha's arm, open the coin door so the tilt is disabled and you can hulk shake the dang thing loose without hosing your game in progress.

Only proviso is the flippers are dead while open, so don't try during MB and for instance with the back loop make sure you close the door when the ball starts to roll free - it takes a second to restore power to the flippers to recover so you need to be quick to avoid draining.

3 weeks later
#11506 1 year ago

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.

I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00

GZ down for the count...

20220616_131728 (resized).jpg20220616_131728 (resized).jpg

#11516 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If it is a standard micro switch you can swap it out and replace the actuator with the one from your machine. I’ve got a bunch of switches laying around if you want to come to Roswell to pick it up. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't seem to be a standard switch with a removable actuator. It actually enters the body of the switch, perhaps there is still a way to remove it, but I don't think it would then work with a regular switch where the actuator just slips over external arms/nubs where it rotates.

Hopefully Stern can get one out fairly quickly, or I may look more into a substitution.

20220616_132123 (resized).jpg20220616_132123 (resized).jpg
#11517 1 year ago

Thanks, I looked at them earlier actually, but misread the stock status once you add them to your cart, looks like only one of their warehouses is out - but one does have them. Now to see if I can come with enough stuff to make their $50 minimum order...

#11531 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Thanks SimpleSkin - Printed.
Just will look for tutorials/videos/explanation on how to actually activate the bridge collapsing

Short answer is you hit switches to reach a threshold to then light the magnagrab to damage the bridge - effectively a virtual lock. On the premium I guess the bridge will shake when you make that damage shot. You repeat that until the bridge is out, I think 4 hits to start, the bridge physically drops down/opens, and one of the ramps will be lit to start the Bridge multiball. The ball will fall off the downed/open bridge to start it.

3 months later
#15539 1 year ago

Maiden is a masterpiece that Keith spent years coming up with for the basic design. Unless you just don't like Maiden's music (and I'll admit it's not for everyone) - I'd put it solidly above AIQ and JP. JP has just never clicked for me.

I love GZ, it's got so much to do, and the ruleset is just amazing, but honestly it can be such a long player that I'm coming back to appreciate the simpler rules (though still still plenty deep) and generally shorter ball times with Maiden. It just really nails the balance and I'd agree probably has the best callouts of any game I can think of.

I was the same way on GZ as a theme though, when I heard that was next I figured this was one to skip - couldn't have been more wrong. The way its done is just universal, almost everyone can get into monsters fighting it out and an alien invasion. The campiness is both front and center yet kept at bay. I'm not sure you can nail a theme and integrate it into a pinball machine any better than GZ.

Either way, I really wish Elwin's single level Bond game wasn't going to be so limited and cost so much that I'll never be able to justify getting one. Still really excited to see what he's done there for his next anyway though...

3 weeks later
#16276 1 year ago

My GZ Pro (Nov 21 build I believe) already has these, or at least a Stern equivalent. They're just not perfect on preventing target leaning...

I had ordered a set at one point for my IMDN, and found it too already them, despite my leaning Orb standup...

2 weeks later
#16720 1 year ago

I've had my Pro for a week or two short of a year now - it's an awesome game and I don't really regret not getting the Premium. This game shoots awesome regardless of model, the code is deep with tons of things to do.

The couple extra mechs on the Premium are nice, but I wasn't paying $2k+ more for them on top of waiting for 6-8 months to actually get a Prem at the time. Honestly I don't really care for the fairly slow building after a few plays. I actually like the multiball start from the magnet on the Pro better at this point (even though the total time to queue up and actually start the MB is likely identical), and the Pro building looks significantly better with available mods.

If someone wanted to give me a Premium I'd take it - it's an upgrade no doubt, but on it's own the Pro is still one of the best pinball machines ever made IMO. I don't see myself ever shelling out to upgrade, for what it's worth.

3 months later
#19297 1 year ago

I ended up skimming the last couple hundred posts and didn't see it - have we talked about Keith saying that a Challenge Mode feature was coming for GZ soon? I guess of course it was discussed, and surely I missed it. Anyway, I believe it was on his latest appearance on loserkids podcast, hopefully I'm not remembering the wrong interview. He seemed to indicate a special mode was/maybe still is planned, but might just end up being something like Terror of MechaGZ instead.

Man I am really looking forward to that, especially if it's a new cool mode. But either way, if I have a complaint on GZ it's that a good game can last a long ass time. No one wants to wait playing multiplayer for me to finish 15 minute balls between turns. But even just playing singleplayer sometimes playing a quick challenge game mode would be a lot of fun and really push this machine over the top even further. To have the option to start a quick challenge game to get the highest score on Terror real quick with the limited flips will be freaking awesome.

I guess you JP owners are used to that feature already, but I've not owned a game with that feature yet (well, sorta - Judge Dredd with the super game option was similar-ish in concept). Really looking forward to that new code and option. What other modern games have that alternate game/challenge mode at startup? AIQ have that too?

2 months later
#21854 10 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Have they posted how to get to the special mode if you have the topper and what exactly the mode is?

I sure hope this mode doesn't prevent the challenge mode option for non-topper equipped machines from being released. Keith said that was supposedly coming months ago now, prior to 1.05 coming out...

I'm sure Stern is shaking in their boots, but putting modes behind a paywall pisses me off to no end. I'm getting near boycotting territory at this point.

1 week later
#22251 10 months ago

I sure hope the next code drop includes some kind of Challenge Mode for non-topper owners too, even if it's just Terror of MechaGodzilla or similar.

The only challenge mode for this game better not be hidden behind the price gouging topper. That will really piss me off. An exclusive challenge mode is one thing, but the only one??

This is such a generally long playing game that a nice multiplayer-friendly, all skill level game mode like this time attack or flip count Terror of Mecha is really needed, but I'll throw my machine off a cliff before I bend over and shell out $1000 for a topper. To hell with that.

#22273 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Exactly…like a physical plug to jumper the ‘topper input’? Anyone have a picture of how it’s connected?

I imagine Stern has some kind of mechanism to prevent just jumping a wire or two, but in general for incentive if a more involved hack is necessary, I'd surely be willing to pay $50-$100 or thereabouts for a "mod board" or whatever that would plug in and spoof the encryption or signing process for the game to think a topper is connected and unlock this mode, if someone wants to let their inner pirate free for a bit.

Rather ironically I would NOT be willing to pay Stern the same amount for the mode legitimately - they can forget me paying for DLC short of a major rules reworking or adding whole seasons of content down the road like a true expansion pack.

I heard Keith mention this type of mode in an interview too - I have a feeling you guys are right and Stern has yanked the challenge mode we were all looking forward to and locked it behind this paywall. Boooo! LOL

#22414 10 months ago

It's absolutely not the same that KoM is accessible in the game - the Challenge Mode is a mini game in itself as you can battle with friends for high scores in just this time limited/quick mode.

It's a different way to play the game and challenge friends/yourself, ie a "Challenge Mode".

And since GZ is such a long playing game, it desperately needs a Challenge Mode of some kind, so you can have a quick multiplayer game option. Honestly as it is GZ is kind of pretty lousy to play with friends unless you're all similar skill levels and even then who has an hour+ to devote to a single multiplayer game?

A Challenge Mode to address that minor problem is really all this game lacks imo, and is the only criticism I really have with the game...

I'd be happy with an option to play Monster Zero or Terror of Mecha as challenge modes myself, I don't care about KOM specifically, and I don't have that big an issue with it being exclusive for the topper. Just don't lock up the ONLY challenge mode, damnit! I'm still hopeful a mode for the rest of us is potentially in the works.

3 weeks later
#23055 9 months ago

I was excited to see Keith Elwin's new interview with Joel on Flip N Out with Friends episode - he states they have additional challenge mode plans for Godzilla around the 27-28 minute mark. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store there. Thank you Sir Elwin. And thanks Joel for bringing that up with him.

4 months later
#25297 4 months ago

You guys with building opto issues, do the standups on both sides of the building trigger still?

I had a wire break on the right target, which is in a chain with and took out the left target and I believe the building opto and captive target too. I could be mistaken and it was the exit swtch instead though... That was on my two old Pro with tons of plays too, but...

Just something to check - in general I'd make sure thats the only switch not registering in test mode either way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.