Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Got notified today that my pro is currently on a freighter en route from los angeles to hawaii - not just my first NIB, first pin period

T

Quoted from rolandhammer:

Fired up my machine last night and a few seconds into play it seemed like the lower half of the playfield lost power. Flippers were activating maybe 50% of the time and LEDs were dim or flashing intermittently. I took a look at the diagnostics and it said nodes 1, 8, 9, and 10 were not responding. I saw another thread with the same issue and checked the ethernet cables on the nodes and all were fine. Any idea what could be causing this? Anyone else run into this issue? Every minute I'm not playing is agony!

I had the same issue with a NiB Elvira and turned out to be a short via led under slingshot. Check for any metal touching metal under the play field

Good luck

#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.
The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.
I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.
The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.
Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... amazon.com link »
NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS... amazon.com link »

Hi sushko,
how did you screw down the figure? I'm about to purchase the same figure.
Thanks

1 week later
#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

They are 1:87 scale or HO scale figures!!
End of the World Roof Party!!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Deathhimself, which tape did you use?

#4926 2 years ago

I just installed a knocker but it’s not getting triggered when a shoot again happens.

Not sure if it’s code related

Thanks

#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Pinballmonkey - If I remember correctly, go into the settings - look for service settings and I think you either have to change the numbers or enable the physical knocker (and I may be getting this confused with American Pinball machines).
This is a seat of the pants guess but try:
Knocker Volume Adj Number:
Q24 Option Adj Number:
You may want to shoot Stern a quick email or call them as well if this doesn't work.
Good luck and let us know if that did the trick. I added a shaker motor but haven't added a real knocker for Godzilla yet.
Updated: When you say SHOOT AGAIN - The knocker to me indicates you have won a free game. I apologize but I haven't heard it for just SHOOT AGAIN in terms of same player - getting an extra ball, if that is what you are asking.

Ahh you're right.. I was just excited to install the knocker and wanted to hear some knocking . I like to hear the knocker twice on GC and for every high score, achievements etc.. I get a chuckle when it scares people playing my games

I also installed the shaker on godzilla and makes a huge difference.. I set it to Long vs max for now. So far, my only stern with a shaker and now contemplating on which next game gets it.. either SW or ST.

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hello club! I've not yet received my LE but I'm doing a stream from Lynn's Arcade this eve on the premium (0.85 installed!). Might be of interest for all the folks waiting. https://twitch.tv/dri374 is the place and 6PM PST is the time.
[quoted image]

Lynn’s arcade is a dope place to pinball

1 week later
#5457 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I do the same expect I just get the backbox speakers that stern uses in their LEs, they sound great and are cheaper:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html
Then I upgrade the cab speaker to this, I think it’s the same one as the LE cab speaker:
ebay.com link: Goldwood Sound GW 8024 Rubber Surround 8 Woofer 190 Watts 4ohm Speaker
The cab speaker used to be $20 wow…

I just picked this up but what changes did you make in the volume settings?

#5458 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Is everybody's plastic underneath the bridge broken? Mine finally gave way. Stern has a kit coming, hopefully a redesign of the bridge so the lower framework of the bridge is not so close to the magna grab cover. Until then I guess it's just leave it broken

I just placed a clear rubber bumper

#5475 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

That's what I've been thinking. How big of a bumper did you use?

See images
Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07873Z8SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SKSVTFHB40RVA5D1WFEX

41388A13-E857-4D97-B5AE-C63540698A4D (resized).jpeg41388A13-E857-4D97-B5AE-C63540698A4D (resized).jpeg56A7CDAF-35E2-4B19-AD0F-FCCB6F25DD5D (resized).jpeg56A7CDAF-35E2-4B19-AD0F-FCCB6F25DD5D (resized).jpeg
#5481 2 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

I would care more for the playfield under the magnet cap than the plastic...

Is there a Mylar yet that would fit around the magma ball?

1 week later
#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Got a new issue...

check under the playfield and make nothing is blocking the building from going all the way down

#6184 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

DIY sound upgrades round 3
Frustrated with the stock sub muddling up the sound of the back box speakers. It's time to throw down with a new sub.
Subwoofers can present a challenge in a pin. First it's by no means an ideal enclosure. Second they are power hungry and require a lot of power to truly shine. Third good subs get expensive fast.
Much of this can be solved by just going to a separate powered subwoofer that can live under your pin. But that option runs around $150-$250 and doesn't address the muddling sound of the stock sub messing up the sound.
I found a renewed JBL Stage 810 for $50. Renewed is a gamble. But I figure if this nice JBL didn't work there is no hope for anything lower/cheaper making a difference.
So how did it go - Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyyy... This did the trick and then some. Finally it's coming alive. The base is very tight and punchy. It also cuts off closer to 1-2k without filtering. This means much less mid is projecting through the backbox. What does make it up the backbox is nice and crisp without interfering with the new 4" Kickers.
Pro's - this is the missing piece needed to make upgrading your speakers worth while. Once balanced with the backbox speakers they stayed that way through all volume levels. Even lower volume levels still gave that nice bass/puch feel.
Con's - It is a power hungry sub. Even though it's 4ohms, you will need to run it as 8ohm to be able to balance more evenly with the back box speakers. Mounting is not a simple bolt in replacement. The bolts in the cabinet will need to be replaced with longer ones, as the lip on this JBL is really thick. Alternatively, a couple wood screws could be used to fasten the speaker to the inside of the cabinet using the other holes in the speaker rim.
Overall - Speaker upgrades may only be worth it if you change out that crappy sub as well. Once you do - it just opens everything up.
Next up - I'll get back to testing some quality 5.25" options, and I have another sub coming to test.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how did you wire the subwoofer? hard to tell from the pics
thanks

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

did you think about adding a crossover to the sub woofer?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 210.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pinballmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.