IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phs4real.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13017 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

I’ve had my premium since may and I really enjoy this pin.
However I have a small issue that became quite noticeable when the « Monster Zero » and « Terror of Mechagodzilla » modes were introduced. Whenever the building is in the 1st floor position (i.e. fully up) and the ball is ejected from the VUK, it stays stuck between the fourth floor building guide and the right edge of the load ramp behind the building (see the pictures from 3 different angles with and without the ball).
As I said, each time either mini wizard mode starts the ball stays stuck there until the ball search lowers the building. It looks like the gap between the ball guide and the edge of the ramp is too narrow.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there an adjustement I can make to resolve this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1) Adjust leg levelers so the pitch is a minimum of 6.5 degrees
2) Adjust Building so the bottom floor entrance is level with the playfield. Follow instructions in the manual.
3) If both 1 & 2 are adjusted correctly, adjust ramp height.

#13023 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Lounge I was able to fix the issue. Chances are the same steps might help you fix yours.

This pitch of the playfield is fine. It turns out as though the first floor was level with the playfield, the building was however ever so slightly leaning on the right (barely noticeable). Looking at the manual on page #66 shows two bolts under the playfield that can be adjusted to correct the building angle. Unscrewing the one corresponding to the bottom left corner of the building made it lean slightly more to the left and forward which in turn had the effect to widen the gap between the fourth floor ball guide and the back ramp. Now the ball can pass through the building when coming from the back ramp.

Quoted from bouvrais:

Lounge I was able to fix the issue. Chances are the same steps might help you fix yours.

This pitch of the playfield is fine. It turns out as though the first floor was level with the playfield, the building was however ever so slightly leaning on the right (barely noticeable). Looking at the manual on page #66 shows two bolts under the playfield that can be adjusted to correct the building angle. Unscrewing the one corresponding to the bottom left corner of the building made it lean slightly more to the left and forward which in turn had the effect to widen the gap between the fourth floor ball guide and the back ramp. Now the ball can pass through the building when coming from the back ramp.

Well done!
Step one building adjustment is to level with playfield right & left using adjustment nuts under playfield while keeping close to level with playfield surface as possible. Step two use building stepper bias adjustment to fine tune up & down position so ball rolls both into and out of building smoothly.

2 months later
#15359 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please tell me how to discourage stuck balls like this one. A gentle plunge will sometimes creep back, coming to rest in this pocket formed by the back of the scoop and the turret beside it.
[quoted image]

I added a 3/4” standoff using a 1 1/2” screw. Solid solution, looks original and Works perfectly!

035B05C9-7910-410B-A58F-18DCB7B9DCDB (resized).jpeg035B05C9-7910-410B-A58F-18DCB7B9DCDB (resized).jpeg487E3629-2A90-4892-BCCE-3992E7CE00F9 (resized).jpeg487E3629-2A90-4892-BCCE-3992E7CE00F9 (resized).jpeg
#15373 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

We

Curious though, when the shield turret rotates, doesn't that obstruct the tail whip lane, as it would be blocking the lower guide rail. The bottom of that standoff looks like it's already gotten hit by a few balls

No, It does't get in the way from a tail whip shot or any other shot. The bumper dot actually sticks out farther than stand off.

F305573A-CC7A-4559-BF40-758E9E9C9A70 (resized).jpegF305573A-CC7A-4559-BF40-758E9E9C9A70 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#18194 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

This washer fell on the edge of the coin door when I opened it just now, and I'm trying to figure out if it came from the back of the coin door or the underside of the play field.
Could someone kindly check to see if there should be a washer holding the clip for the cable management in this photo? Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image]

This washer fell on the edge of the coin door when I opened it just now, and I'm trying to figure out if it came from the back of the coin door or the underside of the play field.
Could someone kindly check to see if there should be a washer holding the clip for the cable management in this photo? Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that is where it fell off of. My coin door has a nut on that location

#18195 1 year ago

A79CE8F2-CF4E-4A16-83A9-AC5888084DF6 (resized).jpegA79CE8F2-CF4E-4A16-83A9-AC5888084DF6 (resized).jpeg

#18205 1 year ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

On a GZ premium, does anyone know how to stop the air balls on the Mechagodzilla ramp? I have been consistently hitting the ball to the left of Mechagodzilla and the ball flies off the right side of the model most often landing on the habit rail next to the right hand, but sometimes ending up at the beginning of the spiral loop.
Is there an adjustment in settings for the rotation of the ramp to be able to turn it more clockwise when the ramp is open? I do not really want to turn down the left hand flipper power as I still want to make the back right ramp.
There was a post on this issue 12 months ago, but did not seem to be any response.
TIA
Skippy2904

loosen two screws on top left of the Mecha spinner then adjust the part underneath it that the ball rides on. Slide it to the right and retighten screws. Adjust until you find the sweet spot where the ball hits on the magnet straight on and drops down or lands to the right and rolls down the lane.

1 week later
#18445 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here is pic of spinner I’m starting to think it’s just the way it is sigh

The wire form on the right side may be hitting on the top of the stand alone post screw when spinning. I had to slightly bend the spinner assembly back away from post screw.

#18449 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I guess the next thing i am going to try to do is raise the spiner assembly higher to give more clearance for the ball but it already looks like its super high

It does look high, perhaps the ball is jamming on the bottom of spinner. Mine sits lower, the wire is below the screw and just barely clears the top of washer
66BE9FC2-6C25-4D83-8C9B-422C1B3AE5E9 (resized).jpeg66BE9FC2-6C25-4D83-8C9B-422C1B3AE5E9 (resized).jpegCC0AD8A1-2463-400A-8AFF-85AC2B1ECD5F (resized).jpegCC0AD8A1-2463-400A-8AFF-85AC2B1ECD5F (resized).jpeg

#18536 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

2. Mecha shot from left flipper. This one is actually more frustrating/concerning. about 50% of the shots to mecha bounce off him and fly up (left side) onto the wire form or out into the center of the playfield.

It's not done by making changes in the settings menu. You'll need to use a #1 Phillips screwdriver and follow advice listed below.

Quoted from Skippy2904:

Advice was to “loosen two screws on top left of the Mecha spinner then adjust the part underneath it that the ball rides on. Slide it to the right and retighten screws. Adjust until you find the sweet spot where the ball hits on the magnet straight on and drops down or lands to the right and rolls down the lane.”
Has helped a lot. Still need some tweaking to make it 100%
Skippy2904

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phs4real.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=phs4real and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.