PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 2 years ago

Kaneda is giving away an LE spot for msrp. But he’s also bacheloretteing off

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Dang I reached out to my distributor in June to get a spot for Godzilla Premium. I have already paid in full but found out today I won’t even be in the first run and should expect 2022. That’s a huge bummer, I wonder just how early these orders started filling up.

That sounds shady to be honest…paid in full in June and on a later run?

2 weeks later
#281 2 years ago

Loving these early reviews

Keep them coming

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is this the most love a game has received by pinside ever upon reveal and now hands on? Art aside, which is subjective, I don’t recall a game getting so much positivity, ever on here?
Can’t wait to get my LE. I’m intentionally not playing the pro until it arrives. I know it’s going to be awesome from the reveal video.

Metallica

#385 2 years ago

Played a pro at Next Level. Elwin delivers!
Looks great and shoots great. Only thing I would change on the pro is the plastic above the captive ball. I want to see the captive ball move.

D52DAE27-0477-4672-A1D1-BA87356001A7 (resized).jpegD52DAE27-0477-4672-A1D1-BA87356001A7 (resized).jpeg
#409 2 years ago

I think you picked a good one blueberry

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Me too. I reached out months ago to get on the list for Elwin's next game (since I love maiden and jurassic) and went for a pro because have confidence he'd deliver a good experience, still a lot of money for me, and I don't know thing one about mechanical stuff so assumed would have less stuff that would need repairing.
Since relocating, I realized the only way I'd get to play almost any pinball, and especially anything new, would be getting it myself. So here we are.

How much extra was the freight versus just having it go to W coast?

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe an attempt by Stern to keep distributors selling in their territories? More expensive if they have to ship cross country. Whatever it is, it's dumb and not eco-friendly. Think of the excess fuel and CO2 for that nonsense.

I think it’s easier on Sterns end… then that way they don’t have to deal with first time buyers accepting messed up games. Shipping companies have changed a lot of rules on liabilities recently.

2 weeks later
#1275 2 years ago

What really surprised me is how good the pro is without the Prem extras.
It’s definitely not a slouch.

When JP came out I thought it wasn’t worth the extra initially for the prem… once the code matured and they really made use of the Trex I felt it was justified to go prem. I hope to get that same feeling with Godzilla.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Has anyone solved the ball going SDTM on a loop shot that enters right of the magnet end exits the building ? Seemed this exit is aimed directly at the middle drain ? On a prem/Le if it matters.

You might be too steep…
What’s it set at?

#1541 2 years ago

Raining Godzilla’s today!

#1606 2 years ago
91740464-E296-4E78-940E-2F29CE1ED369 (resized).jpeg91740464-E296-4E78-940E-2F29CE1ED369 (resized).jpeg
#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I just got it today. It is my first time. Shipping damage. I have pics. Waiting to hear back from fed ex. What should expect or ask for.?

For next time you should have refused delivery then the game goes back to Stern they fix it and send you a like brand new game.

Signing for it changes what can happen now. Your best bet is to have your distributor talk with the shipper.

Edit the one time I had shipping damage, I learned this the hard way. Never sign for a damaged game.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am still waiting for mine to arrive but would you recommend refusing delivery if it came from the distributor vs directly from stern?

Yes if showing damage. Immediately call your distributor, they might have you open the game to inspect before signing. Once you sign that paper it lets the shipping company of the hook. Sometimes there’s recourse sometimes not.

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Question - I can get about 4 or 5 loops on the upper flipper, but then it usually goes too fast & ricochets a bit on the way around, skipping past the upper flipper and ruining my combo. This happening to anyone else? I’m guessing it’s common, but maybe I need to look at my ball guide or dial down the upper flipper strength or something.

Have a similar issue and never noticed it on any of pros or premiums I’ve played…
Plan to play around with the leveling alittle tomorrow.

#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s a mini ramp on the loop - so something is happening with the ball coming off this ramp at high speeds and ricocheting instead of hugging the rail. Not sure what can be tweaked to get a smoother high speed loop…hopefully someone can figure it out.
(EDITED after playing and observing more)
I think this will need to be adjusted: The end of the back ball guide that sends the ball to the guide that goes to the flipper. I think this needs to be tweaked so it curves a little smoother at the end…so a fast ball curves into the next guide ether then slamming it.
[quoted image]

Same issue as you I think the loop metal needs to be bend towards the flippers to give it a smoother transition

30B62C64-AC68-4212-9585-9F3B975C0638 (resized).jpeg30B62C64-AC68-4212-9585-9F3B975C0638 (resized).jpeg
#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had some succcess by knocking down the upper flipper power 5 steps. In our case it looks like the ball is just going head onto the wall and bouncing back instead of riding the rail.
Our premium has much snappier flippers than our pro... but the ball drop from the building is a straight train SDTM and the loop feed was not consistent.

I’ll try that…if you hit the spinner to the right off the building it can also hit the wall by the train tracks and get a little violent… that’s what had me believ it might be the guide.

#2133 2 years ago

Is it just me and Rarehero with the upper flipper loop issue on LEs? Can anyone get a bunch of continuous loops or does the ball leave the path?

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.
So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.
On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.
On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.[quoted image]

What’s strange to me is I played the pro and prem at expo. I feel this particular machine here is a lot more difficult to hit the loop than any other game I’ve played. Will spend some more time with tomorrow if I can get someone to help me I’ll take a slow mo video.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Upper flipper on default 160 power? This is the reason it is set so low in order to allow consecutive loops. Try turning it down until the game breaks in a bit then crank it back up if need be.

Quoted from Rarehero:

What about the spinner shot that loops to the left flipper? That’s almost always a strong clean lower flipper shot and it tends to do the little ricochet past the upper flipper.

Honestly I think the upper guide wall is alittle misaligned. As the ball ricochets off the far left guide wall rather than ride it. As Rarehero said it’s not unique just to the upper flipper shot. Will try and get some slow mo video today.

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Upper flipper on default 160 power? This is the reason it is set so low in order to allow consecutive loops. Try turning it down until the game breaks in a bit then crank it back up if need be.

Are the guide walls identical between pro and prem?

#2191 2 years ago

Thanks for the info.

I moved upper to 155 and it is alittle better. The left flipper will keep as is for the right ramp.
Will keep playing before altering the guide wall.

#2276 2 years ago

Upgrade!

D49ED73F-2482-47BF-A2F1-DEDA1B9DF175 (resized).jpegD49ED73F-2482-47BF-A2F1-DEDA1B9DF175 (resized).jpeg
#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that the Neca 1954 Movie Poster Art version?

This one

2A020769-CA5F-4AAC-8AF7-CC4834693420 (resized).jpeg2A020769-CA5F-4AAC-8AF7-CC4834693420 (resized).jpeg
#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I got the same one ! Please show photos installed!

2B06545A-EAD0-4C58-880F-345E65B5C0D3 (resized).jpeg2B06545A-EAD0-4C58-880F-345E65B5C0D3 (resized).jpeg36123F67-9B11-4AB6-B721-61CE021D1E5B (resized).jpeg36123F67-9B11-4AB6-B721-61CE021D1E5B (resized).jpeg6854E2B8-8A07-41E3-992B-8D76E493EEFF (resized).jpeg6854E2B8-8A07-41E3-992B-8D76E493EEFF (resized).jpeg

I like it!
No flame for me though

#2830 2 years ago

I disagree
It’s one of the most iconic themes around.

The theme is easily adaptable to pinball too.

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Godzilla premium just landed! So much fun my sister who doesn’t care about pinball was playing with us all afternoon. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet shirt!

7 months later
#11945 1 year ago

Just installed the new code and my left ramp triggers closed a bunch of times now… didn’t do this before. Anyone else have this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.