Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago

In on a Premium but can't stand the dick chest translite so will be looking to purchase a pro translite in the future.

1 month later
#767 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

delt31 & Green-Machine , Godzilla LE will be my 3rd pin. I have a TMNT Premium and had a Mando Premium(Sold recently to fund Godzilla). I've never heard a pin with an external sub. Any recommendations on a solution to get an external sub for my two modern sterns?

Whatever sub you get, I’d pick this passive mixer up. I have 4 games on one sub and it sounds great.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Palmer Where do you place the single sub? Does it sound like the sub sound is coming from across the room when playing a machine not closest to the sub?

Basically in the middle of the row. Each input has a small pot that you can use for a basic mix. Have to play around with it for a bit but once dialed in it is pretty great.

1 week later
#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Glad you are happy with yours but pro owners of GZ are not kidding themselves. For us the extra cost is not justifiable.

No one cares.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Soooo... with Premiums now arriving, at what point should I be (more) concerned if my LE hasn't shipped yet from my Stern licensed distributor? (Asking as a first-time NIB purchaser.) On one hand I don't want to overreact... on the other...

Have you tried contacting your distro to get an update?

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You have been bitching about this game since before it came out. Why did you buy it? Just to pick nits? Point made. Mark it zero and move on, dude.

Geez calm down. Some small nit picks. It's not like he is taking a huge crap on the game. And even that is acceptable if he has valid points like the one on the inserts. Seems like the inserts are on the small side and directly under the wireform crossing. I'm sure it is something more noticeable when you actually play the game as opposed to game streams.

#2382 2 years ago

My distro replied back that it would most likely be next week for his premiums to arrive.

#2439 2 years ago

Far from that bad. Not sure what the hell you were expecting. No Godzilla movie has been Citizen Caine. It’s giant monsters beating the hell out of each other. Take it for what it is and lighten up. If your a true fan just be grateful someone is even making any new Godzilla movies.

Nah that movie was bad.

#2460 2 years ago

Nah it wasn’t that bad. Move along. It did very well during the pandemic with a limited theatrical release. So more people will disagree with you than me. Next.

Lol it was a terrible movie. Bad story, good cast. I don’t care what most people think. A lot of people like bad movies.

#2586 2 years ago

Look up the definition of hyperbole.

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

No I literally meant it was a terrible movie so definitely not hyperbole.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

They are night and day games. JP is more precision and tactical, Godzilla is more destruction.

Which do you think is the better game currently?

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Agree completely with you. The game is a masterpiece, but the theme is a DUD. Think about it guys...has anybody ever told you that their favorite movie franchise is Godzilla? I love movies of all types, especially comedies. I love to quote movies, and discuss awesome films with anybody who will listen. I've NEVER heard a single person tell me "You HAVE to go see Godzilla." I've never heard from anyone that Godzilla is their favorite movie, or movie franchise. I've met a lot of people, and never heard anybody express enthusiasm or interest in the property one time.
maybe I'm missing something, or hanging in the wrong circles, but it's food for thought, and definitely a weird choice by Stern IMO.
the theme is not good, but the game still kicks butt.

I didn’t think the last movie was good. That is what I was saying. I actually really like the theme and I’m glad they didn’t lean on any recent Godzilla movies.

#2835 2 years ago

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

First issue that I'm having is surrounding the building mech. The top floor building gate that holds the balls isn't coming up enough to release the ball. It moves freely with my hand.

Check underneath and make sure the main wire run (corrugated cover) is not getting caught in the mech. It definitely looks like something is stopping it to making it to the end. I had almost the same problem. I had to grab a spare wire tie to move that main cable bundle away from the mech.

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I haven’t noticed any issue with flipper strength and I usually play for hours at a time.

Me neither. I’ve noticed it with other games but not with Godzilla. I think I played 3 hours straight yesterday.

#3773 2 years ago

Cheesing heat ray and stacking a kaiju battle plus Godzilla or Mechagodzilla MB is what I have been doing. Just doing that I have been able to collect enough shots for other modes like bridge and tesla. Been getting close to breaking a billion but haven't yet.

#3830 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

For what it's worth, I received my game a week ago and I'm level and at 6.8 and it seems to play 100%. Loops are smooth, the building drops the balls to the left flipper, and I don't get SDTM drains by shooting the shot to the left of the building entrance. For those having all / some of these issues, my advice is to continue to play around with your level and pitch and hopefully you can find the right combo

6.8 is where I am at as well.

#3931 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

no issues other than a couple ball hang ups at the building to playfield transistion entry, must be a little step/groove right there, I'll investigate later. My dog wishes she had hands so she can play pinball
[quoted image]

You can adjust the starting position in the operator's menu (game specific). That will get rid of the small disparity between the playfield and the building. Beautiful dog by the way!

#3943 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t understand the cities in Godzilla.
I had thought the monster battles locked into the city if you didn’t beat the monster.
I’m unclear what the Raid, Bridge tank, power work with the cities at all. Could you explain it to me like 1 was a 5 years old?
Also Godzilla had a saucer mode? A lot of stuff seems to be running on top of each other so I’m not yet clear about how the side modes work.

Pretty sure if you lose a battle with a monster you lose the city. But you can still fight the monster again in a different city. The code itself feels very wide (on the surface) as opposed to deep...at least from the amount of time I have played. So you can stack certain modes together. There are quite a few multi ball modes...more than I thought originally.

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

You have it a bit backwards.
If you lose a battle and choose to stay in the same city you will be forced to fight that Kaiju again the next time a battle is ready (picking up where you left off). You can also keep working on the 4 main objectives to destroy that city, RAID (battles), BRIDGE, TANKS, POWER. The Destruction Jackpot is also tied to the city and will continue to grow.
If you lose a battle and choose a new city you forfeit that city to the Kaiju you lost to and cannot resume that battle. The next city will have all of the other battle options available, but not the one you lost to. In a new city the Destruction Jackpot will be reset but it will get +1X for the rest of the game for each new city.

That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying!

#3993 2 years ago

Question about super trains since it seems like it is the current scoring exploit for the game. You can light super train by hitting the left turnaround next to the building and I believe you can light it after hitting the bridge when bridge destruction is lit. I read that you can light it as well from the scoop but that doesn't seem as consistent. Are there any other ways?

Do you need to get the building lock lit so that it drops and you can keep hitting the right ramp with a return back to the left flipper or does the building automatically go to that position when you activate super trains?

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from chromag:

Check it out....it's the $25 (I think) bust bank from Amazon, see the coin slot.
Scale wise it seems to look better on the playfield with Mecha.
The look resembles the really expensive imports with attention to detail.
Had to cut a little more than an inch off the bottom and trim both arms to get him in there but he fits!
Might paint him green but kinda like him representing the b&w ish look of the old movies.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see a wide shot of the playfield with this installed. Looks cool!

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AIQ is my least favorite of the quartet.

Me too. But I think all of his games are great and can understand why people really like AIQ. For me, the code has too much strategy. That is not a bad thing, just not what appeals to me. I really love the layout though so it was hard to sell mine. Luckily Godzilla has a layout I like just as much, if not more and the ruleset is a bit more approachable not only for myself but my friends who come over to play.

#4072 2 years ago

Is there a place to get these in North America?

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Other than driving to their storefront, what would it matter it they ship to your door?
Unless they don't

Tried to order but shipping addresses are EU only it appears.

#4301 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

A ball got stuck in the building and it started looking for the ball,

Top to he building where the multi ball locks or inside of the building? Definitely make sure the main cable run is not getting caught up in the building mech. Mine was out of the box. I had to grab a spare wire clip and get the wire run our of the way.

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I just unplugged everything and plugged it back in and it worked. Thank you. I had left a camera in there when I turned the machine on, and I saw sparking on the board before doing that. Any cause of concern for long term damage?

WTF sparking is never good.

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from av1230:

Hey guys, what degrees is everyone playing on? I'm currently on 6 but not sure if it's falling to fast for a beginner like myself. Thanks!

6.8 for me

#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does it make more sense tho? Mecha is like hundreds of meters closer to the player (in scale) than Godzilla

Makes sense to me. Godzilla is almost always larger than buildings in the movies.

F027ABC1-CAD9-4F51-9B09-680A03F49FCE.gifF027ABC1-CAD9-4F51-9B09-680A03F49FCE.gif
#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Did it fit or did you have to modify it?

I bought one of these banks. It is definitely too tall out of the box. You will need to cut down the bottom a little bit. For the few that have used this model, how did you attach it once you cut the bottom down? Seems like you lose all of the surface area since it is hollow.

#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just installed mine. It's a tight, tight fit but worth it. I had to Dremel the right elbow a bit. GZ is too tall but I kind of tucked him in as I slid the glass back so I didn't have to cut off the base.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you attach it at all or is it just sitting there?

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You need to remove the clear plastic GZ is sitting on. I did not replace any screws or spacers behind GZ as you can't get to them and this allows the new GZ to pivot so you can get the glass back on. I screwed the new GZ onto the base as the old one but only used 1screw. I attached the hex nut near the left toe and screw on the right toe to hold the plastic holding GZ in place. I had to Dremel GZs right toe a bit to clear the screw. You may need Dremel the GZ spikes a bit to clear the trail behind GZ.

Thanks for the info! Oh man, I just realized you had those little figures on the building...haha. Where did you get those?

#4452 2 years ago

How much will you have to cut off on order to get it to fit? Seems like a lot will need to be cut off. And update if you can please on your progress. [quoted image]

Sorry I was talking about the Godzilla bank...not the MechaGodzilla

#4461 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

3) About once in 5 or 6 games a ball gets caught at the entrance of the building. Ball search resolves it, but kind of annoying. Anyone else? Remedy?

Sounds like you need to adjust your building 1st floor position in the game specific settings of the op menu.

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm finding adjustment #98 Building Stepper Bias with a default of 150. Is that the one to which you refer? Manual is not helpful here.

So it sounds like you are in the building menu which would be Diagnostics/Game-Specific Tests/Building Stepper Motor Test

Once in that menu you just have to:

1. Close the coin door
2. Press the start button to switch from Move Mode to Adjust Mode (photos below for reference)
3. Use the flipper buttons to adjust the building height so that the entrance is flush with the playfield.

IMG_4613 (resized).jpegIMG_4613 (resized).jpegIMG_4614 (resized).jpegIMG_4614 (resized).jpegIMG_4615 (resized).jpegIMG_4615 (resized).jpegIMG_4616 (resized).jpegIMG_4616 (resized).jpeg
#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I worked on the GZ bank a little more and I got him full size under the glass without having to do a fancy head tuck thing everytime glass was removed. I also angled the spot upward. A pull tie around a GZ tail spike and habitrail gives GZ enough lean to do the trick. I also shaved a little off the right GZ elbow and right leg. You must clear the building mech so it will raise and lower so be careful about that, hence the need to shave the right elbow. This way you don't have to cut off the GZ bottom and you can mount GZ as the original was.
[quoted image]

Looks great. His left hand isn't going to stop the building from dropping? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

God I love this forum.
That said, I got impatient and from that #98 setting mentioned above, ended up dropping that Bias to 100 from 150. Building is now perfectly flush. Your way still teaches me things I did not know about the menu system however. Did not know you could operate with the door closed. Lots to learn about modern machines I guess!
I wonder if the building being flush will help with SDTM on that tight loop return and / or some fairly common Lock rejects we've been getting?

I’d probably reset the bias to its original number and do the adjustment as outlined just because that is what stern outlines to adjust the building. But glad you got it working. It will def help with lock rejects I think. Not sure about the SDTM but you may want to play a little with left/right leveling of the game to see if it helps with that.

#4566 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Here's a dirty secret...the gameplay experience is almost identical between the Premium and Pro models. I liken it to the difference between Elwin's JP Pro and JP Premium. Although the building moving up and down is fun to watch, it doesn't really affect gameplay that much. The only thing is that depending on what level the building is at, sometimes the right ramp returns to the left flipper, instead of always returning to the opposite (aka right) flipper like it does on the Pro. Also, the Pro model still has a spinner and 3 standup targets in the Mechagodzilla area, they just don't rotate. And Mecha catching the ball on his tummy is fun, but again doesn't affect gameplay.
Even though in general I'm more of a Premium guy (I want all the toys and mechs I can get!), I'm honestly perfectly happy with the Pro. I think the massive push toward everyone wanting a Premium is more that they want the "best" version of this awesome game, versus any actual gameplay improvements that the Premium provides. I think people waiting for a Premium, or wanting to pay way over MSRP for one, should just go ahead and get a Pro while they are still in stock. You'll have just as much fun, and you may find a better use for the extra thousands you'd spend on the Premium.

Yea the game is really great no matter which flavor. I really like the upgrades on the Premium. Most people talk about the moving building but for me, the best part is the Mechagodzilla mech and the breakway bridge.

#4571 2 years ago

That’s why I went with the pro. The $3k was not worth the extra money. For me the pro flowed better and I prefer the pro artwork the best. Can’t wait for my distributor to bring it to me in the next couple of weeks. By then my wizardMod artblades will be here.

How much did you pay for your pro out the door?

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, it shouldn’t be 3k more for a Prem.

Yeah pretty sure it was around 2K more.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

2 years ago, that'd be right, good luck finding a premium at MAP. Look at the market now at the pending sales on premiums..10500...11k etc.

Those are prices for people who cannot wait. If you want to wait, you can find a Premium for 8700.

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It was more like $2.5k from what I was quoted. There were Pros available under MAP, but I didn't see any deals on Premiums. It may have been a different story if you got in before distros realized the demand. Of course, the even bigger issue was the ~10 month+ additional wait time for a Premium if you didn't get in early.
If I could snap my fingers and land a Premium today for only $2k more, my Pro would be out the door, but I'd rather have a Pro today than a Premium a year from now. I like mechs, but the Pro plays just as good, if not arguably even better.

Well what did you pay for your Pro? I got my Premium for 8700 shipped out the door. Pro does not play better...that is just ridiculous.

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

The main point of this pin is the flow and you don't lose that with the Pro. Unless you love mechs then save your money and get the Pro. The best mech in the game, and the one that see the most action is still in the Pro version.

That is pretty much every Stern Pro pin. You take the main Pre/LE toys away that typically stop or slow down the ball and they are replaced with either nothing or horseshoes/turnarounds. So you never lose flow from a Pro. Honestly flow is talked about so much with Pro versions I just start equating that to open space or air.

#4642 2 years ago

Your opinion many would say your comment is ridiculous. Always nice to see people insult those who have a different opinion. Grow up.

If all prices were the same for each model, I am sure you would choose a Premium. I get that some people don't want to spend the extra cash for the all of the bells and whistles. It really is a judgment call. I made it with Iron Maiden Pro. But I do find it ridiculous when people say Pro has superior gameplay to the Premium. Premium/LE is what the designer builds and then Pros get portions scaled down.

A part of the gameplay experience for me is theme integration. I think it is cool that the bridge physically breaks apart when it is destroyed, or MechaGodzilla summons a shield and the ramp turns to reveal the target bank. And of course Godzilla destroys the building with it actually collapsing into the playfield.

The actual layout of the game is pretty much the same. So enjoy your game and don't take too much offense to one person's option on a pinball discussion forum. What I say about the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment.

#4669 2 years ago

If anyone is having some issues with right ramp reject drains...I took a clear rubber dot about the size of a dime and put it on the right inside part of the ramp a few inches up. It is pretty flat but is raised enough that it redirects the ball towards the left to avoid drains down the middle.

IMG_4627 (resized).jpgIMG_4627 (resized).jpg
#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For sure. Let’s talk gameplay. I still haven’t gotten sick of just hitting lit shots, but trying to come up with some game plans.
I like to start with the spinner mode Ebirah. Then leave Tokyo so I can play another battle, then unlock tier 2 modes.
Usually flame out before getting to 3rd or 4th cities, and I’m always distracted by saucers. Haha. I love shatzing the right inlane to the pop for 2 hits instead of one and the saucer attack MB is super cool.

Ramp spam with Gigan is one that has been mentioned. I like trying to get an ally early. Bring Rodan into a kaiju battle or a multi ball. 2x playfield scoring for 60 seconds is really nice.

#4708 2 years ago

Anyone put mirror blades in their game? Curious how it looks. Not a fan of the current art blades out there.

#4897 2 years ago

Fired up a game after the update and just got over 900 million. Still can't get to 1 billion yet! New code is great. Like the wallop add on.

#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Guess more detailed description of the changes...the building when its set to lock ball mode changes swaps the return path of the ramps to the flippers, and the mechagodzilla toy is a magnet catch from the ramp, in which also that spinner ramp will rotate into the barrier targets to continue qualifying for the MB

Don't forget the break away bridge.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Hit the super secret shot last night. Behind the upper flipper then straight to the scoop.

Spoiler alert

#5008 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Played the Pro for an hour today. The code seems a unfinished. No clear objective or goals. The shot to left ramp is a bit too tight imo. The scoop shot is right on the end of the flipper. I finally started a mode in Toyko and brought in the Godzilla MB. Still never finished the mode. 4 left ramps and 4 right. Tough game to get going. Never did get Mechzilla Mode going even after hit that spinner multiple games.
The start screen should tell you what your trying to accomplish. Save cities? Destroy cities? Kill aliens. Tanks do what? The Ray does what? Am I Godzilla?
Avengers is a superior Keith Elwin game IMO.

If you played for an hour but couldn’t figure out how to play, I don’t know what to tell you. Could read the instruction card on the apron or just shoot the flashing lights.

Destroy building, destroy jets, destroy tanks, battle Mechagodzilla, battle other Kailua…of course you are Godzilla. Seriously is this a low effort troll post?

#5035 2 years ago

Got around to painting my Godzilla bank. Looks better in person. Pictures make it look brighter than it is. Really happy how it turned out.

IMG_4646 (resized).jpgIMG_4646 (resized).jpgIMG_4647 (resized).jpgIMG_4647 (resized).jpgIMG_4649 (resized).jpgIMG_4649 (resized).jpgIMG_4656 (resized).jpgIMG_4656 (resized).jpgIMG_4659 (resized).jpgIMG_4659 (resized).jpgIMG_4660 (resized).jpgIMG_4660 (resized).jpgIMG_4663 (resized).jpgIMG_4663 (resized).jpg
#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Looks great. What brand or type of paint did use that sticks to plastic?
thx
izzy

I just used some high quality acrylic from Joanne's for the greens. Had some cheap blue paints that I used for the back fins. It stuck for the most part. I was going to spray with Krylon fusion for a base but I didn't want to hand paint the eyes, mouth or claws. I kept them original.

I have a ton of the green paint left. Probably could of gotten away with not buying the dark green. Did a base coat with the Chromium Oxide Green. Then I did some dry brushing with the Green Gold around the high spots of chest, head, arms, etc. Used the dark green to accentuate some of the shadowing in the chest, under the armpits and under the head/neck area. Then I mixed some bright yellow with the Green Gold and dry brushed some additional high spots to give it more dimension. Basically you start dark and work your way up to brighter. Some times you want the paint the be wet like when you are blending shades. Sometimes you want it dry like when you dry brush highlights.

Going to see what it looks like when completely dry. If it looks too shiny, I think I have a can of dulling matte spray I might hit it with. But I think I am done. Came out better than I expected considering it was only an hour of my time.

IMG_4664 (resized).jpgIMG_4664 (resized).jpg
#5046 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm planning on trying this out.
Can you explain what "dry brushing" is?

Real simple. You can use any brush but I really like round brushes. You dip a tiny amount of paint on the brush and then brush off the excess onto a paper plate or palette. You want to get all the bristles covered but not wet. Then you lightly brush onto your model where you want highlights. Sort of like how a woman would apply blush on her cheeks. You don't want to press hard or else you will start to fill in the nooks and crannies. You are just trying to paint the high points.

The opposite of dry brushing would be a color wash. This is where you water down a darker shade of paint and liberally apply it to the model and then wipe off the excess. The wet paint settles into the nooks and crannies and make them darker. I am going to try a wash on the MechaGodzilla model over the holidays. It is a solid sculpt but it looks flat because it is painted mostly one color. A wash of a darker gray paint would bring out all the details around the bolts etc and make it look weathered.

#5072 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Looks great! How did you attach him?
Thanks

I’m going to make a couple of tabs that line up with the mounting screws.

#5081 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this Godzilla bank something you bought and cut? It’s the perfect size, would love to get one for my game. Do you have a link?

You will need to cut about quarter to half inch off the bottom, shave some off the arm that faces the left inner side and cut a few of the fins on the bottom back. It’s really easy though. Can use a hacksaw or cut off tool.

#5083 2 years ago

Someone in this thread purchased that MachaGodzilla. Think it’s too large.

#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Great mod for the Pro, the plastic figure is way too small. Thanks for the info, Just finished mine and now waiting for my Diddys bridge mod to ship / arrive. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!

#5248 2 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Funny thing is when people say you aren’t being one, you actually are. This is a good fix and won’t detach after play like a furniture bumper will.

I've used them on a few of my games for trouble hang up spots. They stay on forever. With that said, the mod looks great.

#5401 2 years ago

Question for the modders out there. How do I tie a light into an existing SMD insert light? I’d like to connect a short blue led strip to the top heat Ray insert.

#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I used a photo switch board from Mezel Mods, designed and made by Roadrunner Pinball. Not sure if they are widely available yet. I’d hit up Mezel. You can see the sensor and board in this pic. Power is piggy backed off of GI and then the sensor is placed in under the insert you want to use as your trigger.
[quoted image]

Yeah I don’t see it on his site. I’ll message him. Thanks!

#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

That thing is way too big.

#5488 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

matches scale, front-to-back. that's about how wide her wing span would be in comparison to mechagodzilla. to each their own, though.

Looks like it blocks the view of the maser target, the left spinner and the upper flipper.

#5508 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Same place I put my Mothra but I put him in the microwave first and it turned out great(; It cuts out most of the line of sight to the yellow flasher which I felt was a little harsh on the eye anyway, but you still get the effects of the flash from under his wings which looks cool.
[quoted image]

Where did you get that one from?

#5683 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Can someone explain the "changing ball paths" for the building? Does this mean that when two or more people are playing, it raises to let a ball out the side? Or does it mean , that when the building lowers for a multiball, it spills the balls out from various places like behind, to the left and right, etc. I saw a video doing this, but mine just lowers and dumps them all from the upper middle at the same time. Thanks.

When the building lowers to lock balls for Godzilla multiball, it redirects the ramp shots back to the same flipper instead of alternating.

#5794 2 years ago

Got Tdiddy’s tower mod. Only used 2 since I have JJ in the back corner. Used the extra matrix connecter and tied in a blue led strip that is nestled in Godzilla’s fins.

#5795 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

The anti cheap drain pad[quoted image]

Did the same thing. No more cheap drains from accidental ramp shots off the upper flipper. I do occasionally get drains from weak or rattled upper loop shots where the ball rolls straight into the left outline.

#5814 2 years ago

I was determined to break 1 billion last night. Was playing like crap. Decided one last game before bed.

IMG_D9CD2B10BC9D-1 (resized).jpegIMG_D9CD2B10BC9D-1 (resized).jpeg
#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone downgrade from a prem/le to pro? Had to get rid of my LE in a trade and am thinking of getting a pro. I think the toy I’ll miss the most is the bridge honestly. Bad idea?

I am going to be the one person who's says you should get the Premium. There are 3 major features that are cut out of the Pro. Plus I am pretty sure Super Train Loops is a Premium/LE only feature. It's like Stern finally listened to everyone about adding cool showpiece features to a game. I think the Pro is too stripped down IMO and I typically side with getting a Pro over a Premium/LE.

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Fewer ball hang-ups, a non-cheap Wallop shot, less stop-and-go while waiting for balls to lock and launch

Curious what ball hang ups you are talking about. And not sure what you mean by non-cheap Wallop shot. These might be more a symptom of poor leveling than the actual game design as I don't think I am having either. The only stop and go I can think of is waiting for Godzilla and Mechagodzilla multi balls. I guess Godzilla multi ball takes a bit of time with the building dropping but that is kind of the point. It is a larger moment in the game. I actually like the larger spinner on the Mechagodzilla. It doesn't return as quick as a horseshoe but not sure if that would be a deal breaker for me. The pace of the games is still incredibly fast when playing. Not sure if the Pro plays that much faster to be honest.

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

A lot of Prem/LE owners have reported the ball hanging up behind the building, which doesn't seem to ever happen on the Pro version. Same owners have also reported the ball getting stuck on Mecha's arm and shoulder. And all the reports of wallop SDTMs seem to mostly come from Prem/LE owners again. Just what I've seen from reading this thread daily for months.

Hmmm...haven't heard too many people talking about ball hangups behind the building. Sounds like a simple calibration for home location on the building stepper in the op menu. I've had 3 hangups on Mecha's arm in 150 some odd plays (times however many times I have hit the ramp each game). I think if there was a rubber dot or something similar there to keep the ball from having any chance of resting there, that would solve the problem. But it's a jump ramp so there is going to be a chance I suppose. There is just so much cool factor when the mech rotates to simulate the shield around Mechagodzilla. Hitting the curved targets is fun but also risky. Plus it isn't treated like a large mono target which really forces you to be more accurate. I don't think I could go to a Pro after playing a Premium. Just too many cool moments created with all of the playfield features.

#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

2300. That math seems wrong.

That's because it is.

#5932 2 years ago

I have seen premiums for $8899 and I paid $6600 for my pro so price difference is $2299. So off by a dollar. I beg your forgiveness for being off a dollar. I see premiums even for $8999.

Well in his defense you were saying it was a 3K difference earlier.

#5955 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

So after painting and installing the Godzilla bank figure last week… I decided to add a small, “flickering” LED in the roof of his mouth. Really pleased… looks fantastic in person… but kinda washed out in the photos. Think it ties in real nice with the “blue flame” on the game artwork.
Total cost was about $20 bucks.
All the room lights are on in the bottom picture and the spotlight is aimed directly on GZ. I actually moved it more towards the building to the right. Like it a bit more that way. No LED in that pic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! What led did you use?

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I used this one… had to specify “flickering” at the time of order as it wasn’t an option listed.
Fun website to bump around on and pretty helpful videos on many products.

I think you missed posting a link.

#5978 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Got a new issue...

Most likely need to calibrate the building. Check out link below. Could possibly be an obstruction as well. Make sure nothing is getting pinched around the mech. I had to route the main wire run away from mine because it was getting in the way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

#5998 2 years ago

I wish the Godzilla eye shooter rod was encased in epoxy so it was just a round sphere as opposed to a molded thing that will feel weird when plunging. I also don't want the Easter egg so I guess I am staying with the stock one for now.

rs=w-600,h-600 (resized).jpgrs=w-600,h-600 (resized).jpg
#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The third physical button on my service menu stopped working. How would I fix this and is there a different way to turn up the volume any other way (since it's how at zero)?

The service buttons on recent Stern games have been super mushy. I’m going to replace mine.

#6100 2 years ago

I have it and I didn’t notice any major difference with it out. Great mod.

Any chance you could take a pic of what it looks like from players view? Trying to figure out if I want it. Only photos I have seen were close up.

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

300 plays and the playfield is chipping at the entrance to the building. Anyone else have that issue? You would think with the amount of money I paid for the machine that would not happen.

Take some pics. Interested to see what it looks like. When your building is at it's home position, is the transition flush between the building and the playfield?

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Seems like my building is not perfectly flush with the playfield - will occasionally have a ball hang up on the lip between the two. Easy enough to release with a nudge, but probably not ideal from a wear standpoint. Anyone else have this issue, and is there an easy way to adjust the height of the building at rest? I’m guessing the building just needs to sit ~1mm higher…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don’t know if I’m sold on the Mecha-Godzilla since he’s a bit hidden. Maybe a spot light?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doesn't make sense to have Mecha in the back. Why not put it where the tank is and move the tank over to the plastic over the maser cannon target? The spinner next to it has a tank on it.

#6284 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone else’s glass ridiculously tight? Tightest of all my tables by far. Makes me a little nervous every time I have to take it off.

Trying moving the game to a slightly different location and see if that helps. Sometimes just the pitch of your floor or the game itself can exacerbate a tight fit.

#6285 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

What's everyone doing for side blades? Looking to add some to my premium.

Mirror blades for me. I really don't like the art blades that are offered. Mirror blades look fantastic as usual.

#6316 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I put in some interactive undercab lighting, tied into the saucer pop bumper LED. Looks great, especially during modes... Was originally tied into the lockdown bar button, but that wasn't very interesting so then I figured I'd try the saucer and it made a world (under glass) of difference.

Looks great! What did you use for the lighting?

#6437 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd lean more towards that being a design flaw on the Premium/LE model unless there is some way to setup the game to completely avoid it? It shouldn't punish you for hitting the wallop shot.

It doesn’t. It shouldn’t go STDM. Mine does not. Check the level of your game. Bring the back right side up a smidge

#6485 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I hope they change destruction jackpot so you can kill the pause with both flippers.

Isn’t that the point? It’s similar to the Hawkeye challenge on AIQ. You have to wait for the release and time your flip. I do agree they should shorten the time before it is released. It’s s bitgg be too long But not by cancelling with both flippers.

1 week later
#6828 2 years ago

Good news. Broke a billion again this morning. Bad news. Broke another tdiddy tesla tower. Had to tape it up to finish my game. Not sure if gluing it will be a long term solution.

6F1F06E0-2E96-4B18-B95A-5FE0AFF753FB (resized).jpeg6F1F06E0-2E96-4B18-B95A-5FE0AFF753FB (resized).jpeg
#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm considering just buying a new set.

They're 120/set! For that much they shouldn't break in the first place.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Got my Premium today and just setup. Sadly I think the QR reader is DOA. It flashes briefly during boot then goes off and stays off. Is there any fix for this? Pretty sure I've read others have the same issue here.

I have the same issue. I need to try and reseat the cable. Keep forgetting. The scanner works fine its just the light doesn't stay on. Honestly I might like that better. Wish there was an setting to do that while still having a fully functional scanner.

#6841 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

You're right, it does scan even though not lit up. I just tried re-seating the rj45 but no difference. While I can here it scanning it isn't logging me in despite everything looking fine in network settings. Any ideas?

I don't think this would be the problem but for my game, I have to wait after boot up and until it gets to the IC attract screen before scanning in works for me.

#6849 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I mean, cost aside, is there much that could preclude this from happening, besides fabricating them out of metal perhaps? (Not sarcastic; legitimately asking.)
Or maybe an transparent impact barrier or the like, to mount in front of the towers?

I am unsure. I just don't think it is unreasonable to expect something to last longer than a couple of weeks.

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Some things are definitely better left un-modded

I cannot take this comment seriously if you still have the original Godzilla figure in your game

#6854 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

They are not made of lead now, so let's not get carried away. An air ball has been known to happen in pinball.

I didn't expect them to be made of lead. But I did expect them to last more than a couple of weeks. Am I really being unreasonable in saying that before being dismissed that I am just getting "carried away". Reread my post...this is the second tower demolished and honestly it is the 3 time I have had to repair one. I understand airballs happen but that isn't the reason why this last one broke.

#6855 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

From what I can tell it's not the light but what powers the light and it's all on the board so there's no fixing except the QR replacement.
I tried mounting a light strip around it but that wasn't satisfactory as the white plastic is too opaque. Stern needs to redesign the light circuit .

I haven't had a chance to look but when I relayed my experience with Pablo from Stern, he said to reseat the ribbon cable. I thought it was only a R45 that connected to it. Did you see any ribbon cable?

#6859 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

RJ45 feeds the node board assembly. There are ribbon cables between the node board PCB and the QR reader components themselves. Basically cables within the larger assembly itself.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

#6860 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just curious, I have a set of the Tesla towers still waiting on the machine however. You mentioned having to repair them a few times already, do the issues seem to be on the same Tower, or same general area of the mod? I'm wondering if maybe a mod for the mod can be made. Maybe extra support on the tower before installation or a diverter or shield near the ramp or wherever the ball is prone to wreak havoc on the tower.

The up front one with the sign takes a lot of abuse because of it's proximity to the second Tesla target. That tower can just break in half...well more like one third up from the base. The individual coils can break off as well as they are pretty delicate. I am talking about the grey ones that "hang" from the tower...not the large blue one on top that lights up.

#6863 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’d like to see a fix for this. They look awesome and hope mine don’t end up in the trash because of breaking apart.

I am sure it will be. The towers are really awesome and by far my favorite mod. You get a cool light show every time you rip the middle spinner.

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

My thought is that the playfield was raised and the balls were not removed and a ball smashed the tower. It happens. We are human and forget.

Just stop. That's not what happened. Not trying to jam up the owner's thread with this crap. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

#6959 2 years ago

Wow what an update!

1 month later
#8875 2 years ago

Wow...the code update is great. Lots of new clips since last I updated (.90) along with the level power ups. The game is amazing and we haven't hit 1.0 yet.

1 week later
#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass to make it easier on me and the wife to move it downstairs to its proper location.
Good idea, bad idea? Best to wait until someone can come over to help with it still wrapped up?
[quoted image]

A decent cheap dolly plus a ratchet strap can be had for around $100 or less. If you are going to be moving games up and down stairs, it is worth it.

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If it is anything like their shooter rod, I'm going to pass. I have the shooter and am underwhelmed, especially compared to the awesomeness of the rest of the game.

Yeah the shooter rod Easter egg is pretty lame.

1 month later
#10435 1 year ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Searched the thread but I couldn’t find anything (it’s probably there and I just didn’t find the right keyword) - even after adjusting the stepper motor bias and playing around in the diagnostic, I still can’t get the building to sit flush with the playfield in my premium. Setting the bias to 0 is still just a tad below the playfield. It’s waaaay better than when I first got the game and balls were getting stuck all the time (thanks to whoever wrote the pinned post on using the bias to fix this) for sure, but I still will sometimes get a stuck ball in the entrance on a weak shot to the building. Anything physical I can adjust to get that last little bit of height in the mech?

Follow these directions

#10438 1 year ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Is this like a zen koan

Haha...I guess it would have helped if I pasted the link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

4 weeks later
#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ebirah is pretty annoying if the spinner isn’t facing out, for example.

That is not possible. If you start a battle and pick Ebirah, the spinner will rotate back to front facing position.

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

See my earlier post about this (and video)... if you start Godzilla Multiball, Mecha shield will rotate.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/217#post-6940222

My bad. I thought you were talking about starting Ebirah when the shield is rotated halfway through qualifying Mechagodizlla MB. In that case it will turn back around. Yeah pretty tough to hit that shot otherwise!

2 weeks later
#11820 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Love the oxygen destroyer ball save. Just like the million dollar shot in NBAFB!

Yeah it reminds me of the Goldeneye Eject or Die shot as well.

#11824 1 year ago

For me the $2300 upcharge for the premium wasn’t worth it.

We get it.

#12065 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

This seems to be the simplest solution. Thanks to everyone who replied. Can't wait to see the look of this pin with the mirrors.

I have mirror blades on my premium. They look fantastic. I like them much better than the art blades.

#12070 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Mirror blades always look better, it gives a wide dimension to the pinball machine. it's absolutely a must have.

I agree. Art blades look like wallpaper border for a kid's bedroom most of the time. Would rather just have stock black or mirror blades.

1 month later
#13141 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Weight reduction for moving couldn’t be easier on the new Sterns. You can remove any or all of the following in just a minute or two: backbox, glass, playfield. If you really want light weight, do all three and move the bare cabinet.

Yup. Pretty easy. Just installed art blades on my Mando Premium and I pulled the playfield in like 2 minutes. Took more time for me to figure out where to put the playfield outside of the game than it did to remove it.

9 months later
#21683 10 months ago
Quoted from bane:

Agreed. Smart money is buy them, hold them, sell them when they are no longer being made. Folks will want them.

goodfellas-laughing-shocked-exaggerated-ouqxgeloqdyygzry.gifgoodfellas-laughing-shocked-exaggerated-ouqxgeloqdyygzry.gif
#21705 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe they made a disappointing topper to distract from the testicle shooter rod
[quoted image]

If your testicle looks like that, you should go to your doctor.

1 week later
#22101 10 months ago

He may sell it but at a loss. Sorry there is no way you will break even on this. I wouldn’t even pay $500 for this. If I already didn’t have my topper I would make my own. And Zack is the biggest schill in pinball right now.

It's shill, not schill. And he's not swindling anyone so not sure why you call him that. Grow up dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.