IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16442 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Moving week for us. Passed final inspection on our new place yesterday. First thing moved into the house:
[quoted image]

Why is the playfield out?

#16622 1 year ago

Help. Just unboxed my Godzilla, but I am unable to remove the glass. Normally the glass will slide out on machines but this one seems to be stuck on. Even forcing/pulling it only moves it an inch at most. Still I am unable to remove it.

#16624 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Yeah, that is a thing now…you will need one of these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/QEP-4-5-8-in-Suction-Cup-for-Handling-Large-Tile-and-Glass-75000/311173035
I have read that loosening the two side rail screws on each side helps, but mine seems to be getting easier to remove…little by little.
Oh, some have used duct tape, but I didn’t go that route. I think they were applying it to the top of the glass and using it to pull more. The glass suction cup is fine for me. None of my other Sterns have tight glass but I have seen it mentioned in the Deadpool thread. Good luck and don’t be afraid to pull hard (just not fast) when you use the suction cup.
-Lb
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have to go through all that just to remove the glass Any idea on why Stern would make the glass this hard to remove? Or is this an unintentional qc issue? Any idea if any damage would result in me just forcing the glass all the way off? I will try and loosen some of the screws to see if that helps.

#16735 1 year ago

Was able to remove the glass finally! I now see why this game is #1.

1 week later
#16957 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

sarty51
My GZ has the same vertical lines. I’ve seen it on many newer sterns. Was this the playfield they were going to replace for you?

I have been seeing this since 2017.

#17023 1 year ago
Quoted from brit141:

Thoughts on how to fix this? The ball gets stuck when it goes underneath the top part of the rail. Normally the ball has enough speed to clear it and it only sticks for a second but if the ball isn't going fast enough it will get stuck. I'm hesitant to start bending it because I'm afraid it'll get misaligned somewhere.
[quoted image]

Had the same issue on AIQ.

#17089 1 year ago
Quoted from joolsvstheworld:

It’s taken me a year to beat 7 consecutive loops (a Pro on location on 2021 and a Prem at home since October 2022) but I finally did it tonight!
It might not do a lot for scoring or progression but man I’m happy about this one.
[quoted image]

I went crazy when I hit four in a row. I can imagine what 10 did to you.

2 weeks later
#17484 1 year ago

Any thoughts / experience with adding a shaker motor to Godzilla? Is it worth it?

#17486 1 year ago

Which one did you go with? This will be my first.

#17491 1 year ago

The one I'm looking at is the Shaker Motor Kit (Rev C) For Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System Games from pinballife.

1 week later
#17743 1 year ago

Shaker motor just installed

#17915 1 year ago

What is the best setting to utilize with a shaker motor?

1 week later
#18147 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Which is the new, and which is the well used......ball? Not hard to tell the difference.
[quoted image]

How many plays is that at?

3 months later
#20392 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone have an educated guess at how many gz’s have been made? I’m thinking it has to be getting close to 10k just by the neon mod selling 1200, and pinside owners at 2800, these have to be a fraction of the actual total, if pinside is a third of actual we’re damn close.

I think GB was one of the higher selling machines. Since Stern usually does not share the numbers its hard to say. I would think 10,000 would be a very high number. 5,000 units is what I would think they would be around now.

1 month later
#21296 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Something will kill off Godzilla eventually but I doubt it's Godfather LoL

Not going to be GF.

1 week later
#22028 9 months ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I didn't see anyone else post it, but did you guys see the new TEP Godzilla Topper.. I think it might be the best one yet out of all the new offerings recently announced.
They also mentioned a Conquerer upgrade, that can be upgraded on any of their Toppers which will have actual screens and display custom animations. That's what I expected Stern to make. Competition is good for the community.
Here is their website on this and video.
https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-topper

[quoted image]

What is the price?

1 week later
#22290 9 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Topper collection complete...for under $600 total! [quoted image]

Nice

#22427 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes, the complaint (legitimate in my opinion) is that in nearly every recent game from Stern, you can access the "Challenge Mode" (e.g. Escape From Isla Nublar) at the start of any game as an alternate way to play the game, and a way to get to try the Wizard Mode without slogging through the full game. It was a free feature with the code for everyone, and any "Topper-exclusive" modes were NOT the "Challenge Mode".
I have never cared about extra features you get with an expensive Stern Topper, it's just that now, with the GZ Topper, it looks like Stern is locking the "Challenge Mode" behind essentially a $1000 dollar paywall, for a feature that they used to include for free, rather than programming a new separate Topper-Only mode, which I wouldn't care about either way.
That's the way I feel; no one has to agree.
This may mark the start of more "pay to play" add ons, code upgrades, subscription models.

I think it likely those ARE coming.
RussMyers

Now Stern makes us buy a topper to play this mode? WTF Stern!

2 weeks later
#22915 8 months ago

Has Godzilla been Sterns best seller? Anyone have an idea on how many of these machines have ever been produced?

#22929 8 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Picked my Premium up at FedEx this morning, had it moved down the basement and played my first two games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice

#23047 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

My recent pro has both. It sure seems like the apron is a little cocked here? [quoted image]

My apron looks the same and off like yours as well.

#23098 8 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I can’t believe how good the game is. Only played a few games. Was tired long day of work. Tonight I am going to play awhile.

This is the only pin that my entire family can all agree on.

1 week later
#23291 8 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

My opinion hasn't changed. But I have no interest in any toppers. These things are being marketed and produced to make us feel like our games are lacking without them. They are not. The backbox is the topper. Play the game.

Exactly

#23363 8 months ago

I have never watched the show from the 60's. I assume the rules/game somehow relate to the show from that time period.

#23386 8 months ago

What do they end up doing with the damaged machine once it is returned?

6 months later
#26769 48 days ago

I have a problem that acts up once every few games.
The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.