PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3099 2 years ago

Trying to update via wifi. Having some issues. How long after you register can you receive automatic updates. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i just took a look at most of my guide rails and more than half of them were flush with the playfield so that there was no clearance and could eventually cause an issue. Luckily, there is no playfield damage and it seems that Stern did not crank down on these as the nuts holding the guides down were not on tight at all. Still, I want clearance between the bottom of the guide and the playfield, at least enough to slide a piece of paper underneath. To do this, all I really had to do was loosen the nuts a half to a full turn and tap on the screw to raise the guide just enough so a piece of paper slid underneath. I don't think there is any need for mylar or washers, but obviously that can't hurt if people want to go that far. Took me about 5 mins and I strongly suggest everyone take the time to look at the ball guides so they don't have any issues down the road. I thought stern had learned long ago that washers needed to be installed or at the very least the guides need to be installed so that they aren't touching the playfield, but that doesn't seem to have happened with the last three release (AIQ, Mando and now GZ).

Sounds like a great idea compared to taking apart the whole game to get to the guides. My only question is won't the guides eventually move back down on the playfield and just be back to the original position after playing for some time? I think I'm going to raise the guides from underneath and slide in a piece of 3M mylar on the playfield for protection. Thoughts?

1 month later
#6388 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good morning! Long shot, but f anyone uses Titan glow in the dark rings on their GZ flippers, can I trouble you to paste a photo? Curious how they look... Thanks!

So I ordered a complete Titan GITD set including flipper rings for my GZ. I was expecting it to be perfect for the playfield colors. I hated it. I have the GITD in 2 other games-AFM & TWD and they are amazing but not for GZ. I ended up going with the Titan Green and I'm very pleased. Sorry no pics yet but I'll get some out soon.

#6569 2 years ago

2 GZ's are better than 1!

IMG_3951 (resized).JPGIMG_3951 (resized).JPG
IMG_3953 (resized).JPGIMG_3953 (resized).JPG
IMG_3956 (resized).JPGIMG_3956 (resized).JPG
IMG_3957 (resized).JPGIMG_3957 (resized).JPG
IMG_3960 (resized).JPGIMG_3960 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#8607 2 years ago

Here's the version I went with. As stated before, Inscribed Solutions has been so easy to work with. Excellent communication, very fast shipping and product was perfect. Thanks again!
IMG_4031 (resized).JPGIMG_4031 (resized).JPG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPGIMG_4030 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#9142 2 years ago

Well I went and replaced all 3 coil stops due to some flipper fade on one of flippers after 45 minutes of play. I was skeptical but happy to report it made a huge difference. After an hour, no issues at all and the shots were just as crisp as starting a game. Scored my first billion+. I noticed that there is a difference between what Stern is using and the one's Pinball Life are selling. My GZLE has become my favorite game taking over Tron LE.
The shots are just so much fun along with the gameplay. I love it!

1 month later
#10203 1 year ago

Contact me. I'll send you one for free. Any color.

1 month later
#11469 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I adjusted the left guide around the magnet leading to the left ramp, based on the instructions linked below from the mod thread to completely remove the guide and bend it, (I did not do the plastic replacement as I don’t have that mod & my plastic is protected by clear vinyl). By fully removing the guide you can get it snug against the magnet. My magnet now throws the ball much further up towards the ramp, and left ramp shots are smoother, highly recommended. Also, the captive ball was stock dirty so while it was out I polished it with Flitz and waxed where the captive ball sits.

How to fill your time when you don't have to work! Good info man, thanks!

2 months later
#14151 1 year ago

I have a October 2021 build date for my LE and have the playfield centering brackets on mine

1 month later
#15268 1 year ago

One mod that's just not necessary for 99% of games. I had pinstadiums on my RZLE. That game was dark! I still didn't like them. Even affer adjusting and fine tuning them I never cared for the look of the product on the side of the playfield or the overall effect. Your money, your mods, your game. Do what you like and enjoy.

3 weeks later
#15949 1 year ago

I had a cliffy since day one and never had a shooter lane issue. Coincidence, maybe.

1 month later
#17119 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Custom green powder coat from Mi Pinball Refinery looks so cool (pics don't do it justice)!

This is the same as on my Godzilla. Cool part is it's heavily UV reactive!
IMG_3672 (resized).JPGIMG_3672 (resized).JPG
IMG_3679 (resized).JPGIMG_3679 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#18339 1 year ago

I think this game is very well lit. Pinstadiums not necessary.

5 months later
#23153 9 months ago
Quoted from matt_adams:Finally in the club, my first NIB since BIBLE!!

You sir have excellent taste!

IMG_3951 (resized).JPGIMG_3951 (resized).JPG

9 months later
#27327 5 days ago

I did the washer fix and have not had any issues since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=neverahighscore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.