IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

You're thinking of Game Exchange in Denver.

1 month later
#2103 2 years ago

FedEx just called and my LE should be here in about 2 hours. I have significant reading gaps in this thread and would appreciate any helpful tips on bulletproofing or things I should look out for. Thanks

#2130 2 years ago

I got the building loaded on my first game and all three balls launched SDTM. Please tell me this was a fluke.

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine are consistently SDTM.

Mine also but I have an idea I'm gonna try.

#2148 2 years ago

Here's my solution to the balls going SDTM off the building.

First picture shows normal set up with the plastic guide rails.

Second picture shows I have removed those guide rails completely. The balls when loaded, line up straight across rather than in a line. See picture #4. However, in test the ball furthest to the left was blocked in by the bridge tower and didn't exit. The gate then lowered, trapping the stuck ball and stayed there as the building rose up.

Third picture shows where I placed a black rubber dot on the left side of the cage to nudge all three balls slightly over to the right.

Fourth and final picture shows the line up before the building lowering and launching the balls into play.

I'm gonna continue to test it but so far it works perfectly and with balls going three different directions, it makes for a crazy, random multiball right from the launch. It kinda caught me off guard it was so much fun but then again, I was use to the balls just going SDTM.

I'm still testing so proceed at your own risk. But so far I'm really excited and very, very optimistic.

120211109_215347 (resized).jpg120211109_215347 (resized).jpg220211109_215453 (resized).jpg220211109_215453 (resized).jpg320211109_220355 (resized).jpg320211109_220355 (resized).jpg420211109_220821 (resized).jpg420211109_220821 (resized).jpg

#2150 2 years ago

FYI. I'm thinking about replacing only the left plastic guide piece and trying it that way. The balls might stack up in a triangle on the empty right side and that could be cool too. Especially if you don't have a black rubber dot.

Bed time for me and I'll test/experiment tomorrow.

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI. I'm thinking about replacing only the left plastic guide piece and trying it that way. The balls might stack up in a triangle on the empty right side and that could be cool too. Especially if you don't have a black rubber dot.

That works as I suspected. Just remove the right side plastic.

520211109_232213 (resized).jpg520211109_232213 (resized).jpg

#2163 2 years ago

SDTM. My table is level, side to side. Checked and triple checked. However, in play testing I discovered my building is not level. With the plastic guides removed, the balls roll to the left every time and pretty quickly. See pics.
This may or may not be intentional from Stern but I'm not going to mess with the building. I'm only presenting it to you guys for thought.

And so far, removing just the right plastic guide or removing both plastics and adding the rubber bumper on the left is working great. I haven't decided which I prefer.

3z20211110_061827 (resized).jpg3z20211110_061827 (resized).jpg4z20211110_061919 (resized).jpg4z20211110_061919 (resized).jpg
#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

What are you using to fasten your dot in the game? Looks promising.
Thanks!

I've been playing the crap out of my game and its working perfectly. Actually better than I expected as it scatters the balls in random directions and the action is unpredictable and super fun. I don't see any negative to doing this and it has cured the SDTM problem.

Go to any office supply store or Google for, self adhesive silicone dots. They come in all sizes and colors. I just grabbed one I had in a junk drawer.

HTB1DBTuLXXXXXXvXpXXq6xXFXXXN (resized).jpgHTB1DBTuLXXXXXXvXpXXq6xXFXXXN (resized).jpg
#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just waiting waiting waiting for that FedEx truck to come around the bend

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Honesty, what a horrible detective job on your part. The logo for Mad Pinball very clearly states "est. 2021" in large font. The evidence photo you presented has the date "Oct 2019" stamped right on it. Please turn in your gun and your badge today.

The man quickly posted a follow up comment of contrition when he realised his mistake and he did so 5 hours before your snarky comment. And I thought he did a pretty good job of it. (See below)

Have you ever made a mistake?

Quoted from MLarkin78:

Cool, good to know. I will check him out then. Thanks for the clarification!

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I was going for humor, not snarky. It was terrible detective work, but I doubt he is a real detective. I also doubt I have the authority to ask him to return his gun to a fictional police department. Have you ever had someone tease you after you made a mistake? I have.

Yeah, I'm not buying it but whatever. Maybe next time include an appropriate emoji to limit any misunderstandings.

emoji (resized).pngemoji (resized).png
#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Rarehero:
“I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality.”
Wow - big difference. This should be pinned for all owners to change. Assuming it’s just the LE speakers right?

FYI: My game shows 8 ohm as the default. Late build game and arrived with V.8.0

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

My only complaint is my ball gets stuck on soft plunges in between the mechagodzilla turn table and the back of the scoop. Anyone having this happen?

Yes

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

My machine says version .79 installed and up to date. Anyone else not able to update under software update? My Wi-Fi is all good and connected to machine

I gave up and installed the new code via a thumb drive.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Who is the best gender to buy this from

I'm an equal opportunity customer

#3087 2 years ago

For the SDTM issue that many of us have, I've been testing this mod for Pinsider, CFES, https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cfes

Look for the blue plastic piece on top of the clear plastic landing. I will be suggesting a very minor tweak to it but its working great in my game as you will see. He did an excellent job for a first attempt. I'm glad to answer questions but I'm just a tester so contact him if you have interest.

#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

First issue that I'm having is surrounding the building mech. The top floor building gate that holds the balls isn't coming up enough to release the ball. It moves freely with my hand.

Looks to me like you're building is not going low enough. I also see a stuttering towards the end as if something underneath is blocking or impinging the mechanics. Lift your playfield and examine the building mechanics for any foreign objects along the glide path. Make sure all screws, bolts and nuts are accounted for and secured.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.