IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
20240405_122647 (resized).jpg
20240402_174502 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5056 2 years ago

Where has everyone got their pitch set? I’m finding my GZ to be brutal on cheap drains…lessened power to slings and pop bumper. Feels a little better but damn…I can usually light games up pretty good early on but GZ is absolutely gutting me haha. Havnt even broke 1bil yet. Shameful.

#5079 2 years ago

Is this Godzilla bank something you bought and cut? It’s the perfect size, would love to get one for my game. Do you have a link?

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I used the original plastic and extended it to mount to the post near the building. Inside mounts are aluminum angle attached with CA glue. I added the template, 1” mark for scale. [quoted image][quoted image]

#5405 2 years ago

Titanasaurus is a battle mode, I’m sure Caesar and Hedorah will make their way in on future code updates.

Quoted from Jackalwere:

Are Kaiju like King Caeser, Titanasaurus and Hedorah featured in the game code anywhere or do they just exist as playfield art?

#5443 2 years ago

I typically drill a 1/16 hole in the foot of the figure and attach it to an existing lug near by using jewelry wire. No harm to the game and easily removable. Occasionally I’ll put a small piece of Velcro on the other foot to keep it from tipping.

Quoted from Broy1189:

Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting a godzilla figure in a pro? This is my first mod I've ever done myself. Just looking for options. I was thinking of buying a piece of lexan and tracing the the original 2d plastic mount out.
[quoted image]

#5495 2 years ago

That Mothra is gonna cost a lot of blind drains in that area. I’d float him above the center building or over the circular habitrails on the right side rear (that where im putting Ghidora myself) but ideally a smaller Mothra Would make more sense imo. I know it’s not scale but it’ll make more sense visually in the diorama world under glass.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

#5645 2 years ago

This is the exact figure I used. Looks amazing, perfect size and the most Showa era correct figure I’ve found.

Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks!!
For the mechagodzilla, I used the 1983 Bandai Kaiju Toho movie figure.
For example, here is an eBay link to one of these toys:
ebay.com link: itm
These toys are made of a somewhat soft vinyl and are hollow, however, they seem to hold their shape/structure quite well. The fact that they are hollow also makes it easier to tie in lights from the inside of these figures, if one were so inclined. It is very easy to pop the torso from the lower body and use the upper half as the mod.

#5646 2 years ago

Jurassic Park shaker integration is on par

Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Put a shaker motor in my premium. Wow. The shaker motor integration on this game is insane.
I can’t recall other games that use a shaker this much. Whenever a Kaiju can be heard stomping around the motor just gives these little flutters to add to each step. I was talking with some friends about this and we cannot think of a game that uses a shaker motor better (other than Earthshaker).

#5716 2 years ago

Not really, but kinda…sometimes.

Quoted from BallyBallerton:

Does Stern have a history of improving known issues on later runs of their pins? Asking because this will be my first NIB and it's slated for April delivery.

#5728 2 years ago

Just about ready to go in! Dry brushed with a flat hog bristle using Holbein Acryla Gouache and fluid matte. Layered three different tones using Oxide green, cadmium green and a dab of cadmium orange to chill out the intensity on the last accent coat.

3A6C2587-18B1-463E-88FC-DB0EC6A3DA0B (resized).jpeg3A6C2587-18B1-463E-88FC-DB0EC6A3DA0B (resized).jpegAAAFD624-5A3C-44EE-BF89-05026B2AC415 (resized).jpegAAAFD624-5A3C-44EE-BF89-05026B2AC415 (resized).jpeg
#5752 2 years ago

Everyone loves this game. It’s great, but…Here’s a few things that I don’t like just for conversation sake.

-The extra balls. They are just automatically rewarded? I want to light it and collect it as I find it very satisfying to do so.

- The sound / EQ. The callouts sound like they were recorded in a tin can. I’m sure this is to make it sound like it’s from the early 70’s but…it doesn’t sound great. I put a headphone jack in and I don’t even use it because the sound is so piercing (and yes…I’m very high quality headphones)

-The MechaGZ spinner insert. It’s a small detail but I’d love to see that light yellow like the other inserts (especially in the Ebirah mode)

- Insert color choice for MB and modes. They are too similar and it makes me nuts when I’m in a mode and multi. It’s like yellow and light yellow. I’d love for the MB jackpot insert color to something else so the mode and jackpot lights flash in a more obvious way.

- I find the game to be absolutely rife with cheap drains. STDM from the building. Unsaveable Left drain from an incomplete right ramp shot. Lightning fast Right outlane drains from the pop. Terrible drains from the Tailwhip shot at the outlane post and sling post. Ball comes down, bounces off the outlane post, into the sling post and directly into the outlane. I find myself physically wrestling with this machine more than any of the 50 or so games I’ve owned. Feel like I’m playing defense the entire time and I’m quite a good player (not to toot but…) I’ve set this game up so many ways and nothing is really helping. Turned down power to slings and pop a bit…I REALLY don’t want to move to outlane posts in but…maybe I will.

-Bridge and Tank…when they are lit the game won’t allow you to start a battle first before starting. I want to strategize and stack. Not just whack a multiball for points. So when I see ‘Tank’ is lit at the scoop and I can’t start a battle first I’m like “great, what a waste of MB”. Same with Bridge, but that’s on me as most of the time I don’t notice the red bridge light on the sign. Wish it were more obvious when you were close to bridge MB or at least allow you to start a battle in mode (or after hitting one super jackpot or something.

#5757 2 years ago

I mean, I would say exactly that to anyone who posted this but…This game is infuriating even our best league players (including myself). Maybe I just got a junky build but this thing is straight up chucking 90mph drains at everyone. One session I loosened the tilt bob and the game was halfway across the street by the end of the night haha. The highest GC here is 1.4 bil…which really ain’t much considering the scoring.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re last two complaints are 100% fixed by simply playing better.

#5765 2 years ago

My bad…I meant the return from the destruction jackpot orbit.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will say I’m not sure how it’s possible to get a left outlane drain from a missed right ramp shot. Maybe it is your setup.

#5769 2 years ago

Has anyone tried putting an extra rubber ring on that post to bounce it out of drain trajectory? I might give that a try. Even nudging is futile on mine 80% of the time.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s deadly for sure. Have to have some well timed nudges to get the ball into the rubber by the Maser target.

#5778 2 years ago

heard

I originally set it up with the bubble right in the middle…lots of cheap drains. Then I set it a bit flatter how I liked my IMDN…lots of cheap drains. Today I set it steep and figured that would do it but…lots of cheap drains. Maybe I just need to put more time on it. Our location players have been all over it since I unboxed. That’s tapering off now so that I can finally play it without feeling like a hog.

Quoted from PinKopf:

How steep is yours set? I'm around 6.8 or so, and orbit rejects are usually hitting near/below the maser target and bounce to the right flipper or sling area. Occasionally I'll get one to the outlane, but usually not.
Right ramp rejects are deadly, but I can often save them or they angle toward the left flipper enough anyway. I would think both the orbit and ramp rejects could be heavily impacted by PF pitch. If you're extra steep, try going to the 6.8 range and see if you cut down pin those cheaper drains some.
My most frustrating drains are slow rollers out of the tailwhip lane, off the sling post, and into the outlane. I friggin hate that, especially when it was a deliberate shot to the mecha spinner or that lane directly that just slowed down enough for whatever reason...
Second worst for me is a SDTM from the opposite building shot/wallop shot. I wish the ballsave there was limited by two drains/uses, and not just the first two shots to that lane, drain or not. I hit it fairly often somehow, usually saving it - but invariably late in the game when I need the ballsave its been spent, often without ever draining from that shot, and then boom, SDTM.

#5784 2 years ago

If it’s nearly impossible to save with nudging and slap saves…it’s cheap imo. Or…at the very least it feels cheap.

Quoted from Chisox:

Are missed shots like halfway ramp shots that come back and drain considered “cheap drains”? I always thought cheap drains were like hitting drop targets and going airborn into the outlanes or a scoop ejecting a ball SDTM. Like the player did nothing wrong but the game cheated them. Legit wondering, not being a smart ass.

#5792 2 years ago

no.

Quoted from Delta9:

Just put some rubber bands on your outlanes

#5804 2 years ago

I own a TMNT as well. People do complain about it’s difficultly but I personally love it and can light it up with long ball times. The left out lane IS dangerous but that’s every Borg game. If you flail around you lose your ball but if you trap up and play conservatively the game pays out. That’s great pinball imo. I find Godzilla to be the opposite. No matter how conservatively I play or how well I strategize it feels like all I’m doing is defending against cheap drains from multiple areas. This may be the first game I’ve owned where I feel like I have to make multiple tweaks to make the gameplay feel fair. If only to save my location players from feeling robbed and keep the game profitable. It earned extremely well when I first brought it in and now the coin is shifting to other less infuriating games.

#5806 2 years ago

Normally I’d agree about consciously not shooting Tanks but the inserts are all located where mode shots are and the final is at the scoop where you start modes. At least once a game Tank just becomes lit while I’m working towards another battle and I get locked out. It just feels like a strategy killer for me, same with bridge. If the MB qualifying shots were separate from mode qualifying shots it would be easier to avoid and plan ahead but as it stands I feel like these interfere with progression instead of being useful tools in completing the game.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

Refreshing critics here!
I get your point about the extra balls. I also thought so. Sometimes i don't even notice them being rewarded. On the other hand i read that more/changed extra balls are planned for software updates.
Hopefully the insert colors are tuned a bit more in later software also. Mecha insert should have been RGB.
You can stack modes with Building and Mecha MB, so i am fine with how the Tank MB is blocking battle activation. Play better and avoid shooting enough tanks to start MB.
Cheap drains, i sometimes also get them. But it seems quite high on your machine. The worst for me is an unsaveable left outlane from the bumper.

#5839 2 years ago

Coin mech holster.

Quoted from xyntec:

Found this in my Godzilla LE, no idea what it is from....
[quoted image]

#5919 2 years ago

Set the Mechagodzilla barrier to extra hard today. SO MUCH BETTER with the roving shot! This should be the factory setting and anyone with a pro should try this out. Way more satisfying to track that roving blue insert and snipe it to get into multiball. Huuuge improvement!

Also, after struggling with finding a good setup that minimized cheapo drains I pitched the game up steep and turned the sling way UP (yes, up). Now they overshoot the out lanes in stead of lobbing balls directly into them. I also turned the pop down a bit and the upper left and bottom left flippers up a bit. Game plays fast, furious and most importantly fair. Previously this game was just 360 dunking cheap drains in everyone’s face. Now it’s feeling GREAT!

#5940 2 years ago

Quoted from northerndude:

Check for a bad solder?

#5951 2 years ago

I’m sticking this in on account of it’s awesome and I’m stupid.

E07FB537-19B4-42DE-A8F3-99D614966674 (resized).jpegE07FB537-19B4-42DE-A8F3-99D614966674 (resized).jpegFAFD661D-4222-4204-88C8-5C1FD61FBDF2 (resized).pngFAFD661D-4222-4204-88C8-5C1FD61FBDF2 (resized).png
#6071 2 years ago

My DP and Star Wars both have buttons out in the coin door recently, no disconnected wires and the connectors are seated properly. On DP it’s vol up and SW it’s vol down…makes it a pain in the ass to go through the menu.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The third physical button on my service menu stopped working. How would I fix this and is there a different way to turn up the volume any other way (since it's how at zero)?

#6108 2 years ago

You don’t really have to wax at all. My games are on location so I’ll wax them like…once every three months maybe. I typically will not wax STH TMNT GOTG because they are already lightning fast. Games with steep ramps that play a bit slower I’ll wax more regularly... JP and IMDN come to mind. Whitestar games I wax quite a bit..TSPP and LOTR, I can feel those slow down without a wax. It’s like those playfields suck in filth. Mainly I just keep em clean though.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Going to take advantage of this post... how often should you wax, and what is the best way to clean and wax? Haha I’ve been meaning to research this but figured I still have some time before I really need to do anything

#6115 2 years ago

Ahhhh, niccce. Thanks for that, I’ll definitely try that out.

Quoted from RobF:

I had all four of the service buttons stop working on my IMDN. I eventually narrowed it down to the conductive silicon membrane that makes contact with the PCB. The conductive painted dots were no longer conductive and wouldn't register when pressed down. I had planned to repaint with new carbon conductive paint;
amazon.com link »
But instead I tried a simpler fix first; adding small squares of copper foil tape. This ended up working great.
amazon.com link »

#6116 2 years ago

For playfield spray on rag first…never on the game itself. Make sure it’s off too. But…I love the spray away products. F’n amazing shit right here.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I played a suuuuuuper slow WW the other day. Was brutal.
Other than using canned air I haven’t really done much else to clean. Any advise on cleaving options?

073FF022-D2A7-4DB7-958C-F9BDDF71A880 (resized).png073FF022-D2A7-4DB7-958C-F9BDDF71A880 (resized).pngFCDA7BBA-A843-4F7F-B290-0D91C011BD26 (resized).jpegFCDA7BBA-A843-4F7F-B290-0D91C011BD26 (resized).jpeg
#6122 2 years ago

Keeps em pretty slick, I definitely recommend Novus plastic cleaner for ramps tho. Also, replace the balls frequently. Get some Ninjas.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Will the all
Purpose cleaner make my ramps super fast?!? Hahaha I’m sick of barely getting to the top
And then rolling back down to a drain.

#6224 2 years ago

That’s what I have in mine as well. Perfectly sized and era correct

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thank you! Got it on eBay. It’s a 1983 Bandai. Bought it from this seller
ebay.com link: 1983 Bandai MECHAGODZILLA 8 movie monster Toho Vinyl Figure sofubi Godzilla

#6227 2 years ago

Where is the EQ in the game menu? Can’t find it anywhere.

#6348 2 years ago

This must be the last run on Deadpool I imagine.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Literally my current situation. Waiting on Deadpool Premium this fall.
Godzilla pro comes tomorrow and I'm pumped..... I've got all my goodies ready to install including pinwoofer system. So ready for this!

#6350 2 years ago

That’s what I thought but they don’t usually come out and say that. Anyone have a sneaky pic of their 2022 production schedule?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Didn’t stern cancel Dead Pool for 2022 release?

#6375 2 years ago

This is really how it works. A distributor may be told they have an allotment of say…10 Deadpool Premiums and then 3 show up. That’s it till next run. Anyone who paid a deposit gets moved back till the next run or the license runs out and the distrib has the uncomfortable conversation attempting to move the deposit to an alternate game. This is partially the reason why games that are still in production are commanding such high prices. Wait till DP STH JP licenses are retired, there will be a mad rush to buy them on the secondary market and prices at that point will be truly obscene. We’re nowhere near the ceiling on this s#it. Hold on to your butts. AND your games!!! Haha

Quoted from mbl1116:

I called around about a month ago looking to get on a list. My understanding is that they all know what they "should" get but it's anyone's guess as to how many actually show up.

#6478 2 years ago

Yes to this. And I also hope that they ad a super looping Destruction jackpot where you just loop that shot over and over in a timed mode for progressive jackpots a la ‘looping supers’ on GB. Maybe you can complete the super loops by ending with a Tailwhip shot for a super jackpot. That would be fun as hell.

Quoted from finman2000:

I hope they change destruction jackpot so you can kill the pause with both flippers.

2 weeks later
#7188 2 years ago

Finally broke the 2 Billion mark. Geez, this game really makes me feel like a noob.

F52B7F67-8562-47F3-9CAD-E6C131CF63B4 (resized).jpegF52B7F67-8562-47F3-9CAD-E6C131CF63B4 (resized).jpeg
#7292 2 years ago

*sold* Anyone interested in a Stern Godzilla banner? Letting mine go to fund a few mods. Shoot me a msg if you want it. *sold*

#7301 2 years ago

It’s a reference to the goats in his previous game Jurassic Park and a nod to the long running Bally / WMS Cows found in Scared Stiff, Attack from Mars, Taxi etc etc

Side note: For owners of JP there is a setting to enable ‘more goats’ which turns the jeep into a goat, adds lots of goat sounds and turns all the paddock dinos into goats. Pretty hilarious.

Quoted from mostater:

Yep. Not sure what triggered it, though... And why is it there? I don't see the connection.

#7314 2 years ago

Anyone else secretly hoping that Destruction Jackpot looping supers gets added in the code? Then we would have a reason to shoot consecutive loops. They could even add a Destruction loops champion to the leaderboard. Sounds like big fun to me.

Quoted from Had:

Hello all, can we please determine the overall consecutive loops champion? I will start with my 6.

#7316 2 years ago

Right, and it doesn’t pay off in score and nearly always ends in draining your ball into the L outlane if you fail to make a full loop. Destruction Super Loops would make a great risk vs reward scenario.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, right now I don’t see any reason to try for consecutive loops outside of getting the loop champ.

#7389 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a Godzilla pro translite? Also have EHOH, GOTG prem and Mando pro translites. Not free, but I’ll undercut eBay prices and ship for free in the continental US. Shoot me msg!

1 week later
#7615 2 years ago

This is one thing I don’t like about the game. I prefer to shoot for an extra ball not just have it awarded. Far more satisfying to make the shot and collect it. I hope in future code iterations they make it so you have to shoot the scoop or better yet the Mazer target to collect an extra ball.. or at least make that adjustable in the settings.

Quoted from beltking:

Where do you shoot for extra ball? Don’t see an insert. Mystery?

#7617 2 years ago

If you find it annoying…practice. It’s a great shot.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

as annoying as it is to consistently hit that scoop, I hope not

#7669 2 years ago

I’ll buy your IJ if you need to make room

Quoted from Fremen:

I recently got confirmation for a premium model coming this summer. I am wicked excited. I’ve only ever had one pin, Indiana Jones, for six years and really don’t have room for a second. But I fell in love with (and dreamt about) this game after briefly playing a pro model and knew somehow I had to get this!
Now to get reading the 154 pages here and get prepared…

#7682 2 years ago

Trap up when the game goes dark.

I'm in the pro situation where the game has times it regularly goes totally dark and makes the game hard in a frustrating, not challenging way. I'd like to add some just to eliminate the not being able to see the ball times. Which additions from your setup would cover that? This will be my first time doing anything with lighting.

#7814 2 years ago

Aren’t they sold out?

Quoted from frankmac:

Diddys building mod arrived and holy shit it is amazing!
If you have a pro it's a must have!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7873 2 years ago

Come to my location. Headphone jacks in every game, shakers motors and mods galore. A home experience in the wild. Some operators are better than others but it doesn’t “always suck”

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Playing pinball on location always sucks. You can’t make a decision by playing on location. Find a dealer or a friend that you can play the game at.
I own both pins and GNR is definitely a tougher game to warm up to. It took me 6 months or more to like it and appreciate it, I considered selling it, but I didn’t, thankfully because I do love it now. It is an amazing game and the best music pin and it also doesn’t hurt that my wife loves it.
Godzilla is also definitely a great/amazing game. I like Godzilla but I’m not a huge Godzilla fan and I’m not crazy about the theme. But, you cannot deny that Godzilla is an amazing game. I’m glad this is the Keith Elwin pin I purchased. All I can say is, until he makes something better and it is a theme I love… this will be my Elwin pin.

I agree with pinball being very personal. If you don’t love the them 100% you will only end up getting rid if it for something that you do. (Nothing wrong with that either) Just play it enjoy it and sell it for something else you want!
Good luck to you.

#7921 2 years ago

I felt the same way about the sound but now I think it’s an intentional aspect of the sound design. Many of the the callouts are meant to sound tin-y and vintage like an am radio. Maybe this is why speaker upgrades didn’t make a huge difference. I do wish there were more bass but this could be the first game I actually throw a sub under.

Side note: I have headphone jacks in my pins and I use sennheiser hd20 studio monitor cans. My Deadpool JP and TMNT sounds PHENOMENAL, STH is good and Godzilla is…sufficient. Which does make me think that the sounds could be mixed better. Lotta highs and mids and the low free are nearly non existent. If it’s on purpose it’s a bad choice…if an oversight. Bad oversight.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Godzilla Premium owner here.
So, my one beef with this game after having it for a month is that the quality of the sound does not appear to be up to par with some other recent Stern releases (such as Stranger Things). I went ahead and upgraded the speakers to Flipper Fidelity but it didn't make much of a difference. My concern is that underlying quality of the sound and the highs and lows are a bit lacking.
Am I crazy, spoiled, a mixture of those two things or am I on to something that other owners feel is a concern? Anyone have any sound adjustment recommendations? Thanks!

1 week later
#8177 2 years ago

Interesting, I feel like GZ is filled with amazing moments and that Mandalorian is just a full on bore with hardly any moments that draw me in. I’ve played both extensively. JP though… is probably the greatest game ever designed. It’ll take a lot to top that one.

Quoted from Jeffswack:

I have a mando Le and I can tell you it'll stay here far longer then godzilla. It's a fun game and shoots great but there are no real moments. Kinda feels like chopping wood. It just isn't connecting for me. Give me Mando or Stern JP anyway over it all day.

3 weeks later
#8964 2 years ago

This new code is so fully en fuego. Game is craaaaazzzy. I may request to be buried in it when my time comes.

#8982 2 years ago

The one thing is like to changed in future code iterations would be to remove the doubled up xillien videos when you first hit the scoop when battle is lit and to remove the choice of battle screen when you have already decided to stay in a certain city. Small peanuts but will aid the already great pacing of this game.

#8998 2 years ago

Pinball is not popular in Japan. There are hardly any home owners or public arcades.

Quoted from gumnut01:

So how has Godzilla been selling in Japan? Curious because I’m not seeing many Japanese pinsiders in this forum.
Edit: hey any Japanese friends care to share how this is selling in your great country?

#9047 2 years ago

Put in new pinball life coil stops even though the flippers felt fine. Hit Planet X on ball 2 of second game. Plays better than new. Replace your stops ya’ll…even before it’s become obvious.

#9158 2 years ago

Rampage, Tank, Bridge, Godzilla and Tesla strike (I think) will all lock you out of qualifying modes. I try to avoid shooting these until I’ve already got a battle running.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I took the glass off and tried it, yes it lit, so i must have had a mode running at the time both times i made it that far

1 week later
#9524 2 years ago

Alright so…what are y’all doing to break past the 5 Billion mark on this game? Just getting to Planet X and blowing up that mode? Seems like a lot of work just to get around to 2.5 billion. Am I missing something?

#9527 2 years ago

Same, highest location score I’ve seen around here is 8bil. Saw IEP put up north of 12bil . THAT is massive. I’m a good player and I tend to break a bill on most games of GZ but I can’t break past the 2.5/3bil mark. Maybe I’ll try to stay in cities for longer even if I’ve destroyed the kaiju. I’m assuming that future wiz modes will require accomplishing everything in each city which seems like it would be hard as fffffff

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably have to maximize scoring on the way to Planet X as well. But 5 billion is massive. I’ve only hit just over 3 billion.

#9558 2 years ago

Current code

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to think too, when were those scores achieved? Older code? I know Karl’s were recent. I don’t try and compare my scores to the likes of him and Stone for a reason. Haha

#9560 2 years ago

Why did someone downvote that? Lol, yes 5.5 and 8.5 bil put up on a location GZ at current code. Granted both of the scores were put up by very good competitive players. I’m just trying to figure out how to get there myself. No need to get wild with the downward thumbs.

#9591 2 years ago

For sure, not looking for a single high scoring shot but a strategy for score as well as completion. My higher scoring games so far have been defeating tier 1 and 2 battles and getting to planet X basically. I’m thinking the next step is to hang out in cities longer on a hot game and try to complete tank bridge etc as well as finishing kaiju battles.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like other Elwin games, you just have to make shots it seems and good things will happen.
Watch Karl’s game. I believe by the end he was getting DJPs with like an 8x multiplier.
I don’t think there’s any sort of billion point shot or anything in this, so it’s more about doing well in everything so that later the stuff is worth way more.

#9655 2 years ago

That is crazy talk. Honestly. The new code is absolutely amazing.

Quoted from fhk:

Hello, I just had version 0.75 and today I updated to 0.93, I'm sorry to say that I liked 0.75 better, the blocking of the multiball of the building, ball 1 blocked, ball 2 blocked, and I liked the music more, it had me more in tension, now I don't know...

#9666 2 years ago

Well..TMNT MANDO and JP have this. Are there other?

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Most of the newer Sterns have a mini game/wizard mode available to select by holding both flipper buttons before pressing start it's natural to assume Godzilla will get the same treatment.

2 weeks later
#10198 1 year ago

Most definitely

Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Can anyone confirm whether or not there’s supposed to be a post sleeve or rubber on this post? Just double checking before I email stern. Thanks!
[quoted image]

#10357 1 year ago

So…I qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla but where TF is it awarded?!

Quoted from shaub:

In the Service Menu there should be a Utilities option and then a handful of "Resets" options, including things like "High Score Reset", "Grand Champion Reset", "Factory Reset", "Credits Reset", etc.

#10360 1 year ago

Oh WTF….I was shooting at the building. Kill me.

Quoted from RobF:

You collect Mech SJB then power-up #5 at the scoop. After that you shoot through the building to actually start it.

#10387 1 year ago

Have you adjusted the EOS? Turned up power to the flipper in the menu? Check for binding? I’d replace the coil stop and adjust the EOS and call it a day.

I'm aiming to replace my upper left flipper in the most straightforward way to see if that resolves the issues I have with intermittent weak flip floppiness.
Quick question before I buy things I don't need: To cover all as many bases as possible, do I need to purchase both this full left flipper assembly (https://www.pinballlife.com/full-left-flipper-assembly-for-modern-stern-machines-from-012001-to-present.html) AND this flipper rebuild kit (https://www.pinballlife.com/new-style-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers-for-sternsega.html)?
Probably a dumb question since looking at the two items, the parts are different. But as someone still trying to learn to understand this stuff, better safe than sorry.

#10416 1 year ago

It’s fun and it makes sense.

Quoted from NoSkills:

There's so much going on in GZ, when I watch streams I can't follow it all but almost everyone loves it. What makes the depth of code so much more friendly than AIQ?

#10508 1 year ago

So again…I qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla. Got power up 5 ‘light terror of Mechagodzilla’ I shoot the scoop and it puts me in a battle mode. What am I missing here?

#10511 1 year ago

Jesus Christ, The last time I asked ya’ll told me to shoot the scoop

Quoted from crwjumper:

Shoot the building. That will start the mode. By the way: This new mode can be worth a lot of points!
[quoted image]

#10517 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:Hey, for those of you who sliced off your replacement vinyl Godzilla figure's feet/tail/etc, what tool did you use to do so? I've got a Hedorah figure whose back & tail I'm looking to slice off without landing myself in the ER...
[quoted image]

9FBF6AB1-B5CF-464D-879F-B612FB3C190F (resized).jpeg9FBF6AB1-B5CF-464D-879F-B612FB3C190F (resized).jpeg
#10522 1 year ago

Got a link for this Ghidorah figure?

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers! Sadly, I JUST put Ghidorah there a few hours ago... Figured it would be easier to try to get wingless Hedorah next to the building than winged Ghidorah.
[quoted image]
mpdpvdpin Hacksaw? Shall try, thank you!

#10531 1 year ago

So after you collect power up five just one shot through the building starts the mode? Or is it like start Godzilla multi and having to collapse the building first?

Quoted from RobF:

haha....NO. I said through the building.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/208#post-6917589
The jokes on me though. Knowing how to do it apparently isn't enough to actually make it happen. I have had several combinations of collecting enough power ups or Mecha SJP, but only twice both at the same time. And both times I boofed it. I think one of them I collected 5thPU at the same time as starting another battle so got stuck in that and drained out. Ugh...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.