PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11354 1 year ago

There's a bunch of low bass from the building destruction at multiball intro, turn the bass down on the backbox EQ to help minimize distortion.

#11424 1 year ago

..and here I am hopping cities ASAP because I really like the music in the bottom Tier II battle

1 week later
#11650 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

The ring around my tilt bob isn't straight, the plumb doesn't hang evenly in the middle of the ring. Does this mean it was installed crooked, or that my pin is at a strange angle? My playfield is at 6.5° which isn't that steep.
As soon as i nudge the game i get a total tilt. I'm guessing someone has seen this before?
[quoted image]

Stern has a special breed of blind moles installing tilt hardware in current games...

#11689 1 year ago

Yeah any wrinkle will reflect and show up as extra white spots and mess up the code.

#11908 1 year ago

I just made it to Level 4 power up, and quickly selected Monster Zero, without realizing I had also qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla. When did Terror go down to level 4 power up?

You can choose either as long as you've scored that multiball's super jackpot before collecting powerup 4. GZ multiball SJ for monster zero, mechaGZ multiball SJ for terror. If you have neither, powerup 4 defers til you do I believe.

#12081 1 year ago

GZ is Elwin's 4th game. They recently just re-ran Iron Maiden, his first game. No worry, GZ will be produced for a while.

#12150 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I need a progress save on Mechagodzilla multiball if Terror is going to be a requirement for King of the Monsters! Just me being rubbish but it's much harder for me to qualify Terror than Monster Zero. Interested if other people think a progress save on Mecha would would ruin it? I can't decide if it's good that it's harder or annoying...or both!

I think terror is supposed to be "harder" than zero to qualify, but it's cool the player has the option to try qualifying both for the L4 powerup.

Get a heat ray stored and use that to score the super. Mecha has a nice long ballsaver, use it to get quick jackpots in the beginning. Don't be afraid to skill-drain to keep the playfield clear of balls to make shooting jackpots easier while ballsave is active. Shoot the center spinner loop and hold the UL flipper up and the ball will often rebound into the mecha targets for those jackpot phases. You'll get it soon enough, no need for progress save IMHO.

#12176 1 year ago

Place in shooter lane, no power means it won't launch til the coindoor closes.

Also, turn on coindoor ballsaver in options, also enable coindoor open disables tilt.. this all helps you retrieve stuck balls with no issues.

#12312 1 year ago

Yes shaker needs to sit on the braid so it's grounded. You won't break it poking it with a screwdriver.

#12354 1 year ago

Small protip: when playing the 3rd tier 2 (I think GZ and Angurius vs KG and Gigan), when the magnet grabs the ball for "Fight or Flee," wait a bit before choosing... allow the ball time to settle its swing on the magnet to reduce the chance of a let-go that heads SDTM.

Also applies to the occasional non-DJP or MG grab ("GZ Multiball Ready" on pro) .. don't blow off the animations, let them play so the ball has time to settle. No need to flirt with disaster on a bad drop. Now, if MG was lit, blow 'em off so you have a chance to get an imposter.

#12367 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Except that I've found there are certain animations that still cannot be skipped (the first time they play?) when the ball is grabbed by the magnet.

Yeah that's a pain, hopefully code will be tweaked so that a lit magnagrab will allow any queued videos to be blown off...

2 weeks later
#12783 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's been 5 months to the day since I ordered from doug and I'm still waiting as well. based on his webstore page verbiage I haven't reached out for fear of my order getting canceled

You mean the verbiage:

"If you are the impatient type, like to flip though your games quickly or need these by a certain time.....it would be best for you to wait until their status is changed to "IN STOCK".

"When wondering about your order completion status....please don't ask. I will not be ripping you off, you will get your order and, as I said, maybe it would be best that you not order until the IN STOCK status is showing."

Maybe you should have waited and not preordered Can't say you weren't warned.

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crazy though - today I had a 1.2 billion game and only played TWO battles. Everything else was insane multipliers

Yep, it's about the setup. I squeezed 300M+ out of Megalon the other day. 5x teir1 time bonus + rodan + multiball = fun!

#12788 1 year ago

Which mode?

edit: or is that 1.5M on a game with only one mode played?

#12790 1 year ago

Yeah I remember you mentioning sticking around in the city to build carnage. I always bail from Tokyo as soon as the raid is complete coz I like playing the T2 monsters. Except the T2 multiball though, my mode high there is like 38M haha.. I just like to play the others. I'll try to complete city 2's monitors before moving on and hitting the strobing shots during multiballs, but I need to work on carnage multipliers and not F'ing up the tanks and bridge (and getting crappy annihilation awards)

#12822 1 year ago

Might be shaker on/off is in standard adjustments whereas shaker level (min/max) is in game adjustments.

3 weeks later
#13825 1 year ago

Anytime I've gotten that far in MZ I've had a heat ray to collect the SJP, have never actually collected with the wallop yet.

#13835 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Am I weird that i use my hand for the heat ray? lol.
I do 1 of a few things, just trap up, hold down button.
If in multiball, and trap up on both flippers,

I use my knee, it's possible to fire off a heat ray while still actually playing the game/making saves, no trap needed.

#13838 1 year ago

5'8" but flexible

#13877 1 year ago

I have all stock rubbers and no issues with airballs or jumping.

#13931 1 year ago

Those that use the metric system, and those that crash Mars landers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

#14048 1 year ago

One nice side effect of the super tight glass on recent GZs: less need for anti-rattling measures when you upgrade the sound.

#14076 1 year ago

The flakes are because Stern's cheap stops break apart and wear prematurely. Replace them with aftermarket stops and they'll be fine for years of home play. Adding rubber will shorten the flipper stroke and mess up gameplay, and isn't necessary.

#14224 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to see a video of this. It’s literally impossible on the dozens of examples I’ve played. You’re shots must be CRAWLING around the loop. Or maybe they are getting held up by something back there and dropping it down to the flipper nice and clean each go like the rush loop?

The trick is to rattle each shot just enough to keep the speed under control, the little ramp helps slow down as well. I got 9 once and can see how someone better than me could keep it going longer by finessing the shots and not letting them get too fast.

#14226 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The trick is to rattle each shot just enough to keep the speed under control, the little ramp helps slow down as well. I got 9 once and can see how someone better than me could keep it going longer by finessing the shots and not letting them get too fast.

The sweet spot is "make the shot but poorly."

#14332 1 year ago

Right ramp all day every day!

#14348 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I would not alter a premium as those machines are as they were designed to be, but the pros are stripped out cost cutting machines that the designer has to find compromising solutions for pricing. There is a difference.

More like the pros strip out finicky mechs that can break down on location and aren't really necessary to enjoy the game.

And yes, switch it back. You completely screwed up the Gigan mode at a minimum.

#14361 1 year ago

Yes, this is why the bus bar is installed in the first place.

4 weeks later
#15221 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

After the 1.0 upgrade my Godzilla Premium seems to be forgetting random settings but mostly Free Play "on" and Home Team "on". After the upgrade, it went to a screen that looked like the white and red network config screen (not the green config screens) asking for network setup (which it still had remembered) and if I wanted to turn free plan on and home team on.

Try re-seating or replacing the SD card used by IC (the bottom card slot).

2 weeks later
#15528 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s (Maiden) his weakest game and it’s not close. He’s only gotten better with each game he comes out with. Truly impressive. Maiden isn’t bad, it’s just that the others are so good.

Maiden is way better than AIQ even disregarding the theme.

#15569 1 year ago

there is a lot of low bass in the bonus collect screen, it is likely clipping the signal due to the 4 ohm setting and/or boosts in the EQ and voice/SFX bias in the settings.

I've replaced the speakers and added an amp, so my game's volume output is set low and flat; the amp sets the EQ curve. I've never had distortion issues. The factory board can output good sound if you don't push it too hard.

#15628 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

What amp did you install

I've used both of these from parts express, the Dayton Audio one sounds a bit better but they're both good enough

New-4 (resized).pngNew-4 (resized).png

Quoted from awesome1:

As others have mentioned, no need to upgrade the amp unless you are really pushing the volume. Upgraded speakers and tinkering with the EQ and attenuation settings in the Stern Menus can have huge impact on sound quality.

This is very true. Just replacing the 3 stock speakers makes the game sound a whole lot better, and is easy to do. Stern audio mastering is very good.. you will hear stuff you hadn't heard before with better speakers.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Unless your internal amp is defective why would you need to add an amp? I upgraded my speakers and it worked and sounded way better with the internal stock amp. I ended up going with an aftermarket amp but the main reason was for the bluetooth connectivity not sound quality.

To give it a little punch at normal volume and make it still sound great even with the volume cranked. The Stern amp lacks power to really reproduce the full dynamic range of the games' soundtracks. Many games are still fine with a simple speaker upgrade, but music pins and booming violent games like GZ are fun to blast like a movie at times, especially with the shaker and an external sub as well. It's definitely not for everyone but I like it.

#15784 1 year ago

The new music in godzilla multiball and the imposter shot change are both really cool changes. Not so sure about the new default difficulty for kaiju battle qualification though.

Sounds like it only lasts the first city, then gets harder. If it keeps increasing difficulty, what does that do for cities 3 and 4? Do you have one ramp at a time lit?

#15786 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Finally! We've been waiting for... um... weeks?

GZ team been totally spoiling us with quality code. Wish Spooky would get some of their mojo, need some good HWN code!

#15813 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

One thing I found with the patch is for the first battle you can shoot two of any ramps to light the battle. But both lights, back yellow, stay on until you get two. Issue is you don’t know how many you got done until they go off and battle comes on. Issue for those of us in leagues and comp play it’s good to know how many of each you have done to time things. Minor but I noticed right off the bat. They should make one go out then the other. Just an idea….

If one goes out it'll confuse the player who will think it's the old rule: must shoot both ramps to qualify, and they'll avoid the now unlit ramp even though it's still active.

Maybe have both lamps blink after one is made?

#15824 1 year ago

"Nooo.. not my favorite power line!" always cracks me up.

How many of these are there anyway? I think I've heard 5-6 different....

#15828 1 year ago

That's happened to me in the past, just takes lucky timing.

1 week later
#16335 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just adjusted mine. I got it so that the spinner registers at least once even if I drop the ball from only a couple inches above the spinner. So I doubt it would ever be possible for the ball to go down that lane and not register the spinner. Same adjustment made for the gate, but as we know the ball can sneak around the side of that.

Now you need to confirm the spinner will still rip properly when hit hard and not just keep the switch closed most of the rip.

#16416 1 year ago

Yeah, the right tesla target, upper loop, tailwhip and mecha targets are the shot range for GZ UL flipper.

1 month later
#17800 1 year ago

Mecha has tons of bass, might be jostling something loose during the mode. Also does pinwoofer have a ground wire for their amps? I've found I have to ground the amp chassis to the braid to eliminate a minor background hum in Spike2 games. My own setups, not PW but similar.

2 weeks later
#18213 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

That was an extra one I removed from under the plastic on the manga grab. Should have left it there, it was the 7th ball. I thought it was trapped there for a multi ball but couldn't figure out how it got in there.

It's supposed to be there and not supposed to come out, on impact it hits the target behind it to register the magnagrab shots.

11 months later
#25752 4 months ago

Had a couple 180M games yesterday then a 2.6B game today which should have triggered Anguirus and Mothra, but nothing showing up?

Edit: I checked elsewhere in the site and it did give me the badges, there's just no indication here.

#25795 4 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I only managed to put 5 games on GZ last night before my wife started yelling at me. Cumulative score of 2.3 billion. There were a couple real stinker games in there. It's going to be a long haul ladies and gents!

Right now, if I qualify planet X by the second jump, I'll take it just to bank the quick and easy progress towards that 25B

#25815 4 months ago

Yep I'm going to play on for the 25B but if I start to get sick of the game it's not gonna happen.

#25862 4 months ago

Got 2B but walked away pissed about the almost 1B left on the table:

- 3 missed DJs at ~150M ea
- Drained before I could cash in a perfect city, 5x80M became 2x80M
- Heatray'd too early finishing up Tier 2 battle and missed ~200M addtl points

Arghh.

#25866 4 months ago

Is there a list of the secret combos someone could point me to?

#25874 4 months ago

Not really a bug. During GZ MB the mech rotates back to the spinner after you complete its target bank for the add a ball, so it's deterministic. Basically, if you do stack them, complete the bank ASAP to restore the spinner.

#25903 4 months ago

You got the badge, that particular screen doesn't give any indication but you'll find it in your badge list.

#25926 4 months ago
Quoted from Collm096:

I cannot get the tier two monster battle to proc or the city select. I have even completed all the side items some times (tanks, power lines, bridge). If I fail the monster with 50%+ completion I get the tier 2 fight, then can go to Planet X after.

You have to shoot the two ramps to relight the Kaiju, whether it's the tier1 again (if you failed to get past 50%) or the tier 2 if you did get past 50% of tier 1.

Fight the tier 2 to the point you can cash out, then shoot its cash out shot and choose Flee, that will enable Select City.

The top tier 2 battle needs (at minimum) you to complete any lit shot 3 times, then the scoop to cash out. The bottom tier 2 requires switch hits to light the shots, then make at least one shot then the building to cash out. I forget the middle tier 2, it's a multiball I rarely play.

#25965 4 months ago

If you're trapped on the right, try a tiny quick flip to get a small roll up the flipper, then another tiny quick flip to backhand it into the scoop. Anytime you get a little roll up but not off the right flipper, you got a good chance at a scoop backhand. Easier than you think once you find the timing, and the misses aren't as deadly (unless you lob it into the right outlane).

#25991 3 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Yeah. I had this happen on stranger things the one time I got "bullsh" mode. The achievement came up and everything, and by the time the game ended I wasn't signed in

Wonder if the wifi is dropping mid-game, causing the sign out? Never happened to me yet.

#26030 3 months ago

The premium has the same ballsaver rules as the pro, it goes away if used. Only difference is prem gives a fresh ballsaver with each plunge after a building lock, while pro locks are virtual with no plunge or ballsave.

There are a number of times on both models where you get a purely time based ballsave that doesn't go away if used: monster zero, monster rampage and the entirety of terror of mechagodzilla.

#26033 3 months ago

This put a nice dent in the 25B chore. Finally didn't get greedy-drainy in the tier 2s. Managed to snag the EB and PK the rest of Rampage without draining. Actually won KOTM for the first time.

Kinda done with this game but still 2.8B to go before Monday...

gz.pnggz.png
#26037 3 months ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Well that's no fun.

Oh it's fun but I'm eyeballing that 10-games-in-a-day Titanosaurus badge... I'll play 'em out til I get the 25B but there might be a few plunged off while I watch football haha

#26065 3 months ago
Quoted from marineman:

Here's a picture of the issue described, showing where the magnetization is on the other side of the building exit. That ball isn't lodged in there - it's magnetized to something. This pic taken after initiating a magna grab as a test.

The ball isn't magnetized to the other side of the exit, it's being repulsed by the magna-grab because it's on the wrong side of the magnet.

What's happening is the ball is taking too long to come out of the wallop lane and is too far from the magnet pole when the magnagrab kicks in, so instead of being swung around to the bottom-left, it's getting pushed to the top-right.

Figure out why the balls are slow to exit the wallop lane on a building shot. They may be magnetized themselves and sticking to the metal walls or something may not be aligned back there.

#26134 3 months ago

I got the 25B within 12 games thanks to that one 9B game. Wound up playing 7 additional games yesterday to close out the Titanosaurus requirement, spent them practicing combos. Which leads me to...

I think the Tokyo city combo "center spinner to pop bumper" is bugged. This is the prem/LE only combo. I can shoot this thing a dozen times without it scoring... it'll eventually work, but no idea what is triggering success. I'm fairly certain no other switches are activating, and the secret combo "center spinner to scoop" scores the first time time I hit it. I understand these only score once per game, it's a matter of spinner->scoop works 1st time every time, while spinner->pop takes multiple tries before working in any given game. The other Tokyo combos seem to work OK.

Can anyone with a prem/LE shoot for that spinner->pop tokyo combo and see if it works reliably?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.